Rejected Limit Questline 48 hr KO or stop it alltogether

Shall the 48hr KO from a Questline be modified?

• Yes

Votes: 149 56.7%
  • NO

Votes: 114 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I agree that something should change so have voted yes.

How about leaving the self quest ko'd player rules as they are currently, safe from being dueled for 48 hours, but adding that they cannot take part in any fort battle for 24 hours?

DeletedUser

Hey guys, I can't claim to be super-experienced etc.
However it seems to me that the simplest solution to this problem which would allow players to use NPC KO to avoid duels sometimes, but would stop it being used by lots of heeavily fort-specced players would be to make it so that if you NPC KO yourself then the game stops you from engaging in Duels for 48hours, but ALSO stops you from engaging in any Fort Battles for 48hours.

Wouldn't that work? :)

still, then what about all the builders? they want to join a fortfight every now and then. it's easy to make some XP their, but because they want to keep the duellers at bay, they don't have the right to fight in fortfights?

sorry, but this is a no go. if you don't like heavy fortfighted specced players, then get your own pair of them to counter them. and when a world starts dying, the heavy fortfighters are usually the first to go, since they can have fortfights no longer (or cause their side dominated the forts on a world)

KK

DeletedUser23445

i voted NO.

if someone wants a duel, then find a dueler. it looks like that duelers find it very exciting catching me in beans picking clothes. go home and find yourself an even match.

i have another voting proposal: delete dueling option from the game completely. YES/NO

DeletedUser24373

Why are all the fort fighters crying for this not to be stripped? The duelers can only harass you once every 48 hours, AT MOST! Isn't that the same amount of time that the NPC KO's you for?

Tell me again why your game type (fort fighter) should be exempt from pvp duels?

DeletedUser

When I hit 99 on w11, I chose to opt out of duels since there was nothing to be gained from them. I won a lot more defensive duels than I lost, but they're just a nuisance. If you can't beat someone who's specced for dueling, then you might want to reconsider respeccing, because you're apparently not a very good dueler.

I wouldn't be surprised if the devs implemented the suggestion and added a more official way to opt out of dueling. Be careful what you wish for.

DeletedUser9470

When I hit 99 on w11, I chose to opt out of duels since there was nothing to be gained from them. I won a lot more defensive duels than I lost, but they're just a nuisance. If you can't beat someone who's specced for dueling, then you might want to reconsider respeccing, because you're apparently not a very good dueler.

I wouldn't be surprised if the devs implemented the suggestion and added a more official way to opt out of dueling. Be careful what you wish for.

i agree.
can we implement a fort battle self calling option?
say if we were able to call all of our own forts so no one else can call them... and be able to do this continuously...
at the moment the system is unfair as im a dueller and cannot fight against pure fort fighters in fort battles. the game gives so many advantages to fort fighters, so this would be a way of keeping our forts...

im sure all those who voted no here will agree with me as this is a way of balancing out the game.

DeletedUser26234

If you KO on another player it will reflect on the towns mortician stats as it should.

It needs to be changed. The game has had a option for the player that does not want to be dueled, you simply leave town if you needed to be exempt from dueling to finish a quest. Forts brought in a new way to combat other players. If you want to be free from attacks from others than you should not have the ability to attack others yourself, dueling or fort fighting they are just two different ways to combat other players.

My vote is yes.[/QUOTE

Mortican will get even worse stats if i dont do it , then il get a KO after loosing my 5k hp , and loose 3 duels to get there instead of 1, + my energy + my money.

no way ill let duellers "milk" me all day.

DeletedUser16008

OK hang on a sec KK and all you other fort fighter quest KO lovers out there whatever your preferred build...

1. Forts have been around since just before the start of W10 while W9 was the newest world .... before that hardly anyone used the quest KO and certainly not on a regular basis what do you think the game was like before forts arrived ?

2. I fort fight on both worlds and despite lots and lots speccing for forts alone, I chose not to and regardless of staying a simple soldier I am ranked #1 on W9 and #2 on W10 in forts.

3. I dont quest KO, hide or avoid duels and generally go about my business whatever is going on, at the same time I fort fight and do fine thanks very much.

Gaga stated there are probably around "only" 100 doing this on a regular basis and you dont see that as unbalancing forts ?

I can see from a lot of posts here from various fort fighters that they indeed use this loophole in order to avoid being dueled, whats wrong with you people ? your using the option only because its available instead of accepting consequences for your builds or doing something about it. If your a fort fighter and weak in dueling I may sympathize if your a pure worker but a soldier who uses it is no soldier at all.

KK to answer your question the purpose of duelers is to protect the town and forts and all in them, how is a quest ko 48 hr pass allowing them to do that ? its not ... if there is a town ranking system which there is and forts are worth so many points then how is what I am suggesting unfair to anyone ? the fact is it stops a team of players running around immune, gathering xp and potentially doing as they wish in forts.

A million times its been said ... you choose your build so live with it, show me one instance that says fort fighters have to avoid being dueled to be good in forts I dare you.. I think the real reason is that 90% out there fort fighting and especially the soldiers etc have no idea how to build an effective toon in and out of forts and are absolutely terrible in fort fighting bar their skills which make up for some of their inability. ( but not much )

Whatever you decide here may or may not change things but it is certainly bringing a lot of the worms out of the woodwork ... some of you here have gained a reputation in worlds I wonder how that will fair when the penny drops a lot of it is down to the fact you keep KO in order to avoid the other wider aspects of this game... a great dueler dosnt sound that great when you realize they are quest KO when they wish to not be dueled back or that wonderful fort fighter thats so great is only good in forts and couldnt and wouldnt protect any worker of the town if required to do so let alone themselves..

Forgive me for being a dinosaur but i'll stay firm in the belief that a quick fix in life only gets you so far, the rest is hard graft and effort. Yes even in a game you need to learn to take the rough with the smooth.

DeletedUser

Victor I am sure this is a lost cause. This poll will never hit 80% in favour. In fact the whole thread should be closed and reopened in the bugs forum. Talking about a loophole is not something to be debated, but immediately sent to the developers to be reviewed.

DeletedUser24514

Gee, just fix the big stuff

Vic,

Can we focus on a programming bug that is major?

Also, this whole vote thing is about active duelers wanting to have easier access to cheap targets - a form of pushing. This is NOT a vote of players - it is a vote from forum posters.

Can we get the forum self-promoters OUT of the programming business and INTO the game please?

Shaelee

DeletedUser16008

Vic,

Can we focus on a programming bug that is major?

Also, this whole vote thing is about active duelers wanting to have easier access to cheap targets - a form of pushing. This is NOT a vote of players - it is a vote from forum posters.

Can we get the forum self-promoters OUT of the programming business and INTO the game please?

Shaelee

I already suggested a while back that a pop up when you log in just like the competitions would get players here to vote and get a true picture of what people want not just the forum posters.

As for pushing how can that be im a fort fighter but youll not find me an easy target, you choose your build so either do something about it or dont but please dont tell me your a victim because you choose to sacrifice your points to purely focus on forts...

your choice your problem not mine

DeletedUser

Go For it!

I am in favor of the idea and i totally support it!

8 hrs is more than enough protection for forters orelse it becomes an addiction and addiction turns to abuse.

I have seen duelers changing to forters just because they were forced to get away from it by avoiding the game since they are in 48hr ko, until another fort battle

pops up.

And yes, dueling needs to be fixed. For God sake, 48hrs are fricken 2 days. :no:

(In two days, I can go to canada, drink a beer, chill out and do everything from creating the earth to ending it) and that is unnecessary and lame.

Like it is said, hire a dueler to protect the forters or pay the bill (bounty). :whistle:

DeletedUser

Completely Biased Poll

Any kind of voting poll done on this topic can't be honestly and accurately done through the forums. If any one wanted to they could quite easily create multiple accounts to swing this so called vote in there favor as it's only being done through the forums and not the game itself. Only 136 people have actually voted on this as of the time of this post. However, one could say that instead of the 83 vs 53 current vote count that it could change drastically to 83 vs 500 by the end of this voting process.. or tomorrow.

I'm not sure how hard it is for a Dev to create a poll to put into the game for everyone to vote on but doing that would waste valuable time the Devs already put into creating new content, fixing current bugs and changing things. This Poll is a waste of time and should in no way be used as an accurate judgment of the players of this game. There should be a third option called, "This is a biased Poll and I'm not voting because it's bull*."

DeletedUser

137 ppl. Stop exploiting loophole. You would have my vote to stop exploitation of any type.

DeletedUser

I still dont understand why fort fight builds think they should be given some waiver when it comes to dueling.

If there were no fort fight builds, there would still be fort battles, get over yourselves, fort fighting and fort battles dont belong to your build type, they belong and are part of the game for everyone - therefore using this loophole to get an advantage in fort battles amounts to cheating pretty plain and simple in my view.

I dont think anyone who feels strongly about having this loophole tied up cares about peaceful questing adventurers and builders who dont take an active interest in aggression (towards other players in duels or fort battles) using it. Its the 'fort fight builds' using it to gain an advantage over other builds, towns and alliances.

DeletedUser

Though i am in favour of the modifying the 48 hour duel protection for quest related duels, modifying it might not effectively stop any fort fighter (or for that matter any other character) from taking advantage of the health reduction from the duels. It is equally easy to get yourself k.o.'d by dueling / getting dueled with very low hp, thus allowing the character the "peace" of a 48 hour duel protection.

INSTEAD -
How about setting a different health meter specific for the quest related duels.. where if you do get k.o.'d, all it does is get your energy down to 0 and/or limiting your ability to duel quest related for 48 hours? This health is not related to the normal health of the character.

DeletedUser22575

including getting mot down to 0 from npc for real duels?

would you prefer them to be dropping their mot against some low level for almost no exp? because that would be what happened.

players complained constantly about being victimized by 0 mots attacking them to keep their mot down. the npc duel came into play and now you want to complain cause they use it instead..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.