Rejected Limit Questline 48 hr KO or stop it alltogether

Shall the 48hr KO from a Questline be modified?

• Yes

Votes: 149 56.7%
  • NO

Votes: 114 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

"Dueling is a part of the game! Dueling is a part of the game!"

Blah blah blah blah BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Building is a part of the game...you don't have to build
Fort battles are a part of the game...you don't have to participate
Quests are a part of the game...you don't have to quest
Dueling is a part of the game...you must duel

DeletedUser

1. You cant tell who is specced for fort or dueling or anything else for that matter

2. There will always be pure something including fort fighters same as there are every other class specialties and skills

3. Pure fort fighter as an excuse is a joke as is any other pure build regarding anything... I cant do most jobs or quests or have 10k hp due to being a pure dueler but im not complaining... jezus grow up and accept consequences for your choices.

Maybe we can have a pop up on a toon then you look at them so we can see where all skills etc are placed in order that we dont "hit a soft target" wouldnt that be great ? :hmf:

1. Yes you can. All you have to do is check his status in duels. Is he an active dueller? Ranking will tell you
2. Yes and you the pure duellers start whining becuse the non duellers protect themselves
3. Yes you are complaining You made a choice and want the system to change so you can be happy. but you havent thought that if the system changes so will the player's stats and eventually everybody will have to change their characters so that you pure dueller can be happy. GET OVER IT AND ACCEPT THE GAME

DeletedUser24373

make it real simple, a Quest KO results not only in 48 hour protection but also 48 hours removed from any fort fights.

DeletedUser16008

"Dueling is a part of the game! Dueling is a part of the game!"

Blah blah blah blah BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Building is a part of the game...you don't have to build
Fort battles are a part of the game...you don't have to participate
Quests are a part of the game...you don't have to quest
Dueling is a part of the game...you must duel

You forgot to mention abusing a loophole is now part of the game... you don't have to get dueled..... ever. :razz:

Im cool Pedro my fav arenas are old world where its not too bad prem ones are by far the worst, contrary to belief its not about me and what duelers want its what direction I see things especially forts going regardless of what people think.

Nothing says that if a vote passes anything will ever come of it anyway, I brought it up because I believe its now becoming a popular cop out .Im satisfied ive done my bit as a player bringing it here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No you didn't. You think the only way to play the game is your way and you're trying to force that on people who don't want to play it your way.

hold on a sec, why has this thread turned into another debate on dueling and the 'big bad duelers'?

this is about people using a loophole to gain an advantage over other players and thus create an uneven playing field at fort battles.

fort battles are for everyone and shouldnt be the plaything of players who abuse quest KO's so they have a better chance of winning - thus improving their towns ranking.

I dont even duel on more than half the worlds I play, but I love fort battles however they are being destroyed by this loophole - as WHOLE towns stack the odds in their favour by self KOing and using the bounty system to get those they are attacking or defending against dueled. Its making a mockery of fort battles and bounties.

This isnt about who should or should not be dueled, this is about using a loophole to swing the balance of play in a particular direction.

DeletedUser16008

No you didn't. You think the only way to play the game is your way and you're trying to force that on people who don't want to play it your way.

Oh thats right your a mind reader too I forgot, your elmyr the all seeing blah blah :laugh:

You know squat about me einstein. Dont think of trying to tell me my reason for bringing it up I know what it was and youve obviously no clue . So don't presume you do... Add one more "legend" to the hide list :rolleyes:

HelenBack

I thought players were supposed to report ways that people are abusing the system...

The constant Quest KO 24/7 is an abuse of the system.
This is a loophole that should be closed.
This is not about duelers wanting to duel people...

It's about people trying to protect their forts from towns full of fort fighting tanks who can't be touched because they are protecting themselves by abusing a loophole.

Builders chose to be builders...
Adventurers chose to be adventurers...
Fort fighters chose to be fort fighters...
Questers chose to be questers...
Duelers chose to be duelers...

You chose your path... If you chose a path that made you weak to duels... then you are obviously strong in other skills. Those who chose a path as a dueler lacks skills in other things that keeps them from doing a lot of jobs for cash/XP. They chose that path...

Now some say that all those who chose to be weak in dueling skills should always be able to protect themselves by doing Quest KOs 24/7? That is just like finding some cheat in a video game that gives you invulnerability. You can't be touched... But you can go out and do all the jobs and fort battles you want? Where is that even remotely fair?

Some also say that if people couldn't be free from duels that they would probably leave the game. Well, what about all the duelers who wind up not having any targets to duel? They aren't able to help defend their forts by dueling the attackers prior to battle.... Should they all go out and pick berries instead? How long would that last? How many people would leave the game if they could no longer duel?

BTW... DUELING was part of this game long before fort battles ever showed up. So how many people that have been here for years will be staying around if dueling is no longer an option for them? Hmmm?
;-)

Also... I would consider it Push Dueling. You remove all gear and weapons and try to lose... on purpose? Umm... Hello? How can that not be considered a cheat?

Close the Quest KO cheat down... Make it just like an NPC duel.

DeletedUser

If there is no way to protect yourslelf from a duel then why should anybody choose to play as a worker , an adventurer etc.
Τhe game as it is now offers you all the choises available. And it brings you ways to be succesfull at whatever you choose.
The person who put ALL his skills in toughnes , reflex , aim , dodge , tacktics and appearnce will not be able to help in town and fort construction , not able to help gatherning products to the forts , but it will be a must build if you want to be succesful in this game.
The self KO is not something new. It was intended to be like that so that it gives protection to players who prefer to contibute to their towns more than writing a high score in the graveyard. And it is very wise this way it is. It gives you the choise to duel or not.
But the daily login exp bonus is something new.
Why?
Because players started 0 mot duelling making newbies (people who do not know how to portect themselves) life mizerable. And devs saw it and fixed it bringing daily exp to those bullies making them angry.
If the 48h protection go away then the game will say to all his players ok its only duel from now and on. Multiple accounts will gather resourses and do the buildings and all the serious players will have no choise but to play as duellers. Or there will be manipulation of the system again. If a quest wont bring me my 48h protection an ally or friend of me will.
At least with the quest kos players dont push their friends by offering exp.
They defend their forts , do all jobs , build cities expand the worlds. The duellers? They duel.

DeletedUser22575

If there is no way to protect yourslelf from a duel then why should anybody choose to play as a worker , an adventurer etc.
Τhe game as it is now offers you all the choises available. And it brings you ways to be succesfull at whatever you choose.
The person who put ALL his skills in toughnes , reflex , aim , dodge , tacktics and appearnce will not be able to help in town and fort construction , not able to help gatherning products to the forts , but it will be a must build if you want to be succesful in this game.
The self KO is not something new. It was intended to be like that so that it gives protection to players who prefer to contibute to their towns more than writing a high score in the graveyard. And it is very wise this way it is. It gives you the choise to duel or not.
But the daily login exp bonus is something new.
Why?
Because players started 0 mot duelling making newbies (people who do not know how to portect themselves) life mizerable. And devs saw it and fixed it bringing daily exp to those bullies making them angry.
If the 48h protection go away then the game will say to all his players ok its only duel from now and on. Multiple accounts will gather resourses and do the buildings and all the serious players will have no choise but to play as duellers. Or there will be manipulation of the system again. If a quest wont bring me my 48h protection an ally or friend of me will.
At least with the quest kos players dont push their friends by offering exp.
They defend their forts , do all jobs , build cities expand the worlds. The duellers? They duel.

You seem to have forgotten the leave town option. You can do work, you can quest, you can collect items for forts, and then you can drop them off for a town and leave again, all safe and sound.

You just can't do pvp attacks which is what fort fighting is.

As far as your comments about "And devs saw it and fixed it bringing daily exp to those bullies making them angry." thats just pretty much garbage. Why would someone getting a few exp per day make anyone mad?

This build is the key to success? You got to be kidding...

DeletedUser

i play as an adventurer and havent dueled on 3 worlds and have never used this loophole, i do so for the character bonus why else does anyone pick a class?

a lot of people dont even know this loophole exists or do not exploit it, therefore the only people you peaceful adventurers and workers should be blaming for people wanting rid of this loophole is the FORT FIGHT BUILDS who use it to tip the balance of game play for whole towns and alliances in their favour.

DeletedUser

the developers should start on a more important "bug" fixes.

These players have been selecting to duel others they can win and immediately hide in their victim's town. Sneaking away after that. How frustrating it has been when you received a duel when you are in lesser gear and couldn't duel the bully when he is hiding in the town.

"the player is sleeping... he is well protected..."
It makes no sense when in real life, the bully have no such protection from the police

Developers should set the players to be only sleep in their "own" town for 48 hours after initiating duels. where in reality of life, only their hiding holes is willing to accommodate them.

;)

DeletedUser

I think what we all really arguing about is what we want TheWest game to look like and more specifically what is the future of dueling (ie should it be a major feature of the game?or a small side show like ?)

The way it stands now with the 48hours NPC protection (that can be extended to infinity if wanted) combined with the latest patch that makes duelers travel 1 million miles to find a target,dueling is pretty much relegated to a small minute activity in the game.It used to be the major part of the game.

Personally i can live with either as the majority of my characters are peace loving adventurers anyways but i think overall the game itself needs dueling to be more prominent.Not too much ..but not too little either.

Regardless of how you or me of other players feel about this,and strictly looking at the business sense,i think the game needs to have a strong appeal on several levels.A company cannot focus on selling 1 product only(fort-fighting) and needs to diversify and appeal to a broader market(duelers).

DeletedUser

for crying out loud, people are so anti dueling in this place they are missing the actual point!!

this loophole is changing the balance of play on worlds because whole towns are using it as a means of gaining an advantage at fort battles... is it that hard to see? its NOT about duelers NEEDING/WANTING SOFT TARGETS - its about people wanting to defend and attack forts on a level playing field.

DeletedUser22575

The quest ko being used as is it is a symptom of some problems Kofi.

The major problem is two fold as I see it.

1. The worker and adventurer class needs a defensive upgrade. It is a problem for those who do not want to leave town and participate in the "community atmosphere" of a town, but face the prospect of being dueled with not only any chance of winning but in fact getting slaughtered.

2. The other major problem is the progressively worsening "me" attitude of way to may players who expect:

To play a class and receive all of the benefits from it with none of the negative trade offs for those benefits.

They want to build a "pure" build for part of these classes to capitalize on the advantages of their class so they can build, work, quest, acquire items for forts, etc without being dueled because they are a "soft" target. To be blunt they want to have their cake and eat it too.

They don't want to accept responsibility that many of these "pure builds" are in fact not only soft targets but a soft target they are responsible for the building of. They don't want to hear that. Its way to easy for way to many not to accept responsibility for their own actions but to blame someone else. So its much easier for them to "blame the duelers" than to say "well, when I placed my points that was part of the risk I accepted".

Quest are designed for players to gain exp from and to advance their character through the ranks. Some of them are not easy and as we all know some character classes have an advantage at them, some builds have to do a massive reskill in order to be able to accomplish them, and some builds will never be able to accomplish them.

But the one thing quest were not designed for were for players to deliberately fail at repeatedly to protect yourself so you can abuse the system.

But despite that under the disadvantages part of the classes face I can understand them doing so to protect themselves. They should be able to opt out of being a target of pvp attacks. But part of being able to do so should be them unable to participate in any sort of pvp to include fort fights. You don't want other players to be able to attack you then you should not be able to attack them. Can't get any more fair than that.

Despite that being fair to may object to it because of their "entitlement attitude". Quite simply put, they want to be able to gain exp from attacking you in what they see as their "specialty" while denying you the opportunity to attack them or gain exp from them in their "specialty". Again, they want to be able to have their cake and eat it to with no regard for game balance or what is fair to the other players.

But the main abusers and the ones who have no excuse to be abusing the system are the soldiers. They of all classes have the most advantages for not only dueling but for fort fighting also.

When they self ko repeatedly they are not only abusing the system but they are also abusing their own towns members and those they fort fight with for their own selfish gain. And in actuality there are not that many of them, but they have successfully manipulated many into believing this abuse should be allowed to continue for their own benefit, not everyone else's.

These "pure build fort fighting tanks" can not protect their towns members through retaliatory duels. So if you are a worker or adventurer in a town being repeatedly dueled they are unable to do what the soldier class is responsible for, protecting YOU !

And here is a cold hard fact. As much as a lot enjoy fort fights most players are nothing but cannon fodder. You are in fact being abused for the gain of a few.

You go to the fort fight, you follow orders like you are told to do so and die following them? No matter how hard you try you only make 200-500 exp at a fort fight. If you get real lucky you might max out exp one or two times in a world in your fort fighting career.

But those "fort fighting tanks", those soldiers who have already failed to protect you as a citizen of their town because of the self ko often gain the max exp. They stand their slugging it out not only getting hit, but hitting other players. If your side wins they are all to often the ones left standing, not you. You died so they could get max exp plain and simple. They end up with ongoing and steady level progression while you struggle, your attempts to level up made even harder through lost energy and HP loss from a fort fight.

Another hard cold truth, you could have probable made more exp working in the time it cost you to travel to the fort, wait for it to start, wait to see if you get a star, and if you are selected, wait to regain lost HP and ep.

And the final abuse and indignity these brave self ko'ing soldiers commit against you. When fort fighting gets boring they leave, leaving you behind in a now dying world.

The solution to this problem is not the continued defense of it.

The solution to the problem is for players to realize that this game has someone to offer everyone who enjoys playing it in a fair and balanced manner while accepting the limitations of the class they selected and the build they are responsible for.

The solution for the problem is for players to realize that every part of this game, working, questing, building towns, fort fighting, and dueling are just as equally important and this game would be much less without any of them.

And the final solution is for players to go to the Idea and Brainfart selection and help propose well thought out possible improvements for the developers to consider to fix things things that are "broken" or being "abused" not defend them. A good place to start would be some debate on how to improve the defensive capabilities of the worker and adventurer class.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Tuttle, i agree, but the abuse of this loophole and people wanting it gone doesnt stem from 'peaceful' adventurers and builders using it. it comes from fort fight builds abusing it to give themselves an advantage.

DeletedUser

This has gone so off track.

People are voting yes / no because of many different reasons.

I say - start vote again, with just the 48 hr quest KO bug as the argument - irrespectively of the reason why.

DeletedUser23701

I'm lvl 99 and gain no exp, can I use quest KO now?
jk, as it's same excuse as for 0 mot duelers - 0 exp

At fort fights all classes have some bonuses. Some are critical, like hiding for ADV.

In duels might be something similar.
WOR using sledge hammer can land critical shot at any attacker, taking half HP away.
ADV will run so fast that any attacker loses energy and not able to attack next target, and loses all energy.
Or something like that :)

DeletedUser23701

This has gone so off track.

People are voting yes / no because of many different reasons.

I say - start vote again, with just the 48 hr quest KO bug as the argument - irrespectively of the reason why.

I'd vote yes to remove all loopholes.
You can't just take away one of them and leave the rest.

irppu

Dueling is the only aspect of the game that can be forced upon unwilling participants by others. I don't see why there shouldn't be an option to opt out of it. If you do not wish to do quests, no one can force you to do them. If you do not wish to participate in fort battles, no one can force you to go. But if you wish to not do any duels, without the quest KO, other people can still force you to take part in them against your will. And that, for me, is game breaking. As an "anti-duels" player, it ruins my enjoyment of the game. And when a game you play for fun stops being fun, you go and find something else to play.

A pure dueler town can't defend their fort against a pure fort fighting town is unfair? It's a pure dueling town! Why do they even own a fort in the first place?! How is THAT not "having your cake and eating it too", you wanna be a pure duelist yet you wanna own forts...? We have the alliance system now, so pure dueling towns are not even being deprived from the benefits of getting to regen in forts, all they need to do is form an alliance with one/some of em pure fort fighting towns.

A pure HP tank has to sacrifice all of the other game aspects for that build. They can hardly do any quests, they are not helpful in gathering resources, they can't build, they don't get good exp or money jobs. I think that they deserve to dominate in fort battles. You're a dueler? Well enjoy the crit hits you can do on that tank. The tank build is definetly not a choice for the selfish player. Helping your team in fort battle is spesifically the reason to play it. And tanks don't even often enjoy high exp from battles, many times they die early in the battle, doing what they do, tanking. Only good team work and rotation guarantees the tank to live after they run low on their hp so they could get decent exp too and with that you're dependant on your team mates. So calling the tank class selfish based on them wanting fort fight and not duel is absurd.

Except for the shared tag of "PvP" dueling and fort fighting have nothing in common. You're a dueler and want to help your town defend a fort? Go to the fort battle! Be online, follow orders, ta-daa, you just helped! It's a FORT BATTLE, why do you absolutely need to mix dueling, a totally different aspect of the game, into it and be able to force it on others when they only wanna fort battle?

And blaiming forters for killing servers? When a player quits playing, for WHATEVER reason, they contribute to the server dying. And there is an endless amount of different reasons for different players why they might quit. Fort fighters are not controlling the servers and they are not trying to make people quit the game.
For me, a good reason to quit would be to be forced to take part in an ingame activity that I do not wish to have anything to do with: dueling.

Status
Not open for further replies.