Rejected Limit Questline 48 hr KO or stop it alltogether

Shall the 48hr KO from a Questline be modified?

• Yes

Votes: 149 56.7%
  • NO

Votes: 114 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I think this is what we actually wanted. While being townless every player will have to put up with the penalties, lack of fort battles being one of them. While some people will go townless, plenty will remain to take part in battles, others will reskill, use premium features and the game will continue as it is. If this actually happens I am sure there will be no real impact on InnoGames' revenue.

When zero motivation was made to affect cash earned from duels, there was a large outcry, because the difference was noticeable and it was changed back.

However, we started the game without knowledge of the quest KO. The West has been running for years completely unharmed by the fact that people are not knocking out themselves. Now that it has become popular, reversing it will result in negativity from the players using it, but it actually sends us back to the point where it was not abused.

What I am trying to say is that if The West can run for 2 years, without a single complaint about being townless, it can run for a lot more.

DeletedUser

I can't see too many going town-less over it as it's mostly the people who do many fort battles that take advantage & abused it that killed it for every sporadic user who has used it every once in a while. The ones who will do the major crying about it are the people who have stayed quest ko'd since the start.

I don't think it will have a major impact on those who have used it on occasion, but the others...they are there to fort fight, (like there is nothing else to the game :rolleyes:) how easy is it to move some of the massive HP into other skills. It'll actually balance fort battles & allow them to protect themselves in a duel a bit. The HP monsters & even just normal fort peeps can't have their cake & eat it too, not to mention it puts a hurting on duelers who go out after those bounties. What's the point if the guy with the serious bounty is always quest ko'd?

I think actually it might bring a bit of increased revenue with the use of the travel time prem for those who aren't going to sulk in their cereal & leave their towns because they are afraid of getting ko'd. Honestly, what is the big deal about being ko'd anyway???

DeletedUser

b00k, sorry but you miss the complete picture.
by removing this kind of KO, this will happen:
- more push duels (not really push since you can't duel your townmate, but... if fort fighter wants to die, he'll equip a pillow and duel anyone nearby) = possible more player bans
- this completely removes the possibility of playing jobs+forts from level 75+ (art collector), now the only possibility of playing the game will be duels+forts or play townless

I'm not sure why Inno is switching the game strategy into "you have to do duels if you want to play forts or go townless or delete the acc".
But... Not my problem, really. ;)
A RPG should be full of different choices. Good RPG. Check what RPGs get rewarded for design and why. Bad RPGs are usually linear ones where you don't have a choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think I am trying to focus on the big picture. That quest KO is the plague of the last months of 2010. I admit I have not been too hyped about fort battles and can't say for sure when people started knocking out themselves. But what I know is that The West was completely functional before quest KOs were a hit.

I have no remorse for people who will get banned because of trying to knock out themselves in real players. There always will be enough paying players, even without supposed cheaters. Of course these people are not exactly cheaters, but are still using an illegal way to gain protection.

Not being a dueler is not that bad. I have always believed in what I post, because I have experience in being an adventurer and fort fighter, as well as my beloved soldier. Basically I put up with the fact that I will lose duels and still managed being one of the top fort fighters. It was a short lived career, since I couldn't afford the time.

DeletedUser

Good , to right too, I dont see what the big deal is on W4 I never get dueled, arizona i was over month without anyone challenging me , recently attacks have picked up though im a worker I got it coming to me. Though on W12 it's almost as quiet as W4. My point is i dont see why your all hidding anyways as dueling have really slow down.
In my experience if you duel then be prepared to be dueled though as a K.O npc quest thing you cant duel so no ones going to try and get revenge.
What I guess im trying to say is I think all the players here that do the NPC K.O thing will be presently suprised by the ammount of times your actually be dueled in a month.

DeletedUser28121

lmao, i surmise that joxertm and I will be spending most of our time in our 5 star suite! :D and that's kewl by me...

DeletedUser

You're totally wrong. Unlike w12 where I don't do art collector KO (since I'm not specced for jobs) and anyone can duel me as much as they want (I'm not sure what plague is b00k talking about I can only see dueling towns with more than 50.000 points from duels), on w13 I'll simply switch into townless player or delete the acc.
Remember the old joke "No hands = no chocolate"? ;)

DeletedUser

I think the game is heading towards the right direction,dueling basically was dying because of the silliness 48 hours NPC protection.A very important aspect of the game can now get out of the intensive care unit and breathe.

DeletedUser

a little gloat lol, Good Feather and to think about a month ago you told me it was pointless even bringing this subject up because the devs made a medal for it, end gloat. ;)

Finally quest npc KO's will stop making a mockery of dueling, bounties and create a level playing field at fort battles. This is good for the whole game, cant have certain players hiding from duels yet enjoying all other features of the game.

DeletedUser27813

For some players it wont make a difference, for a while the players that have self ko'd will still have the 48 hour protection as there are most likely a list of duelers lined up to get their shots in

but it is a good money maker for the game as more will use premium to run to more fort battles

DeletedUser

You're totally wrong. Unlike w12 where I don't do art collector KO (since I'm not specced for jobs) and anyone can duel me as much as they want (I'm not sure what plague is b00k talking about I can only see dueling towns with more than 50.000 points from duels), on w13 I'll simply switch into townless player or delete the acc.
Remember the old joke "No hands = no chocolate"? ;)

The plague thing was more of an expression. Or I can call it a "craze" as in fashion. All to prove my point that the game has existed without quest KOs for a long time. The KOs have not really affected my dueling since nowadays it's picky and nearly non existent until I level up enough. I voted yes to this idea, because I consider this a loophole. Regardless of whether it affects me, it has to be fixed.

Joxer, I certainly hope you won't quit because of a game change. Plenty of times I have set my mind on leaving because of new additions to The West, but I managed to adapt.

P.S. Plus removing the Quest KOs is still a rumor.

DeletedUser

P.S. Plus removing the Quest KOs is still a rumor.
b00k, I know that. I keep tracking changes (although I'm not the tester) by any means I have at my disposal.
I know for sure that on beta quest NPC duels do not provide protection any more and it's not a bug on beta:
75644454.png

But this change (with huge impact on the game if you ask me) is not added to changelog, so I'm still not sure if it will affect any other worlds except beta. ;)

I won't quit of course, why would I? I'm not playing with quest KOs on w12 so on that world it's pretty much irrelevant to my character. :)

DeletedUser

Snipped from Good feather's post on page 16...

I just heard a rumor today from a credible source. That quest KO is being removed in 1.30

I'm reopening this topic for a few days for gloating... I mean discussion.

Deleted User - 1278415

Well the other rumor I heard about is that after you are dueled you get 45 minutes to strike back at the dueler who challenged you regardless if they are in a hotel or not.

So 1.30 should be very interesting... if these rumors do get set into motion.

DeletedUser

That will make people stop & think twice before hitting a dueler who happens to be working a job in fail duel gear. Best part is that even if sleeping right after the duel, the other player still has his 45 minutes to strike back.

DeletedUser

Well the other rumor I heard about is that after you are dueled you get 45 minutes to strike back at the dueler who challenged you regardless if they are in a hotel or not.

yeah i think it quite nice as well looking forward to seeing that in action, shame it will make the resistance build even more appealing to some than it already is due to the health benefits.

something needs to be brought in to somehow balance the dueling builds a bit more because with the golden saber being easier to obtain for a resistance dueler than the colt for a ranged dueler and now this 'revenge duel' time period making HP even more important for duelers.

resistance will be the only real option for anyone serious about dueling lol

DeletedUser

Hmm a double edged knife. While I am too busy leveling up the old soldier, the game is expanding more and more in the dueling aspect. Too bad I have no enemies to test the improvements with. This would make me keep my health points moderate enough so I don't get knocked out by some average dueler who got lucky.

DeletedUser16008

Seems things are going to change. Serial hiders will now have to pay the price as will fort fighting hiders and everyone else who has abused the quest KO rule.

Its a shame as for the past few years it has only been used upon occasion, the abuse of this "loophole" has led to the current answer. Throughout this thread its been clear its become a regular tactic rather than an occasional useful help.

Had people used it as it has been over the past few years nothing would have changed, they are to blame by taking it to the extreme ... the ones who wish temporary piece of mind will of course leave town to get things done as they always did. The rest will have to choose between enjoying the town benefits and forts etc etc whilst actually taking some risk or leave town and the benefits it carry's ....

Ill believe it when I see it as nothing is certain until its done.

It is amusing tho that this very proposal was put when it was obviously a concern for the developers already.

Deleted User - 1278415

Well gloatfest is over.

Time to lock it and hopefully by the new year we will know if it is fact/fiction.

closed

Status
Not open for further replies.