Rejected Limit Questline 48 hr KO or stop it alltogether

Shall the 48hr KO from a Questline be modified?

• Yes

Votes: 149 56.7%
  • NO

Votes: 114 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser16008

Has this horse been beaten enough?? We now have 2 KO ideas and I've received 3 messages today asking for me to close one of them... so why not send this one to be voted on while we allow TJ's to be discussed.

Vic let me know if you think its done and ready to be considered.

Can we let it ride for a few more days please and see how others feel and come up with ideas..

Seems to me there is indeed a big interest in doing something about the current quest KO thing and if youve gotton pms about a duplicate its no doubt from some of the same parties whining here as the other one has been up only a matter of hours.

we also dont have to put an idea to a vote until its thought through and properly discussed in order that a fair solution can be suggested wouldnt you agree ?

Deleted User - 1278415

Well as a player I'm not a fan of either KO idea so i doubt you will sway me with 5+ paragraphs of text of if certain conditions are met to allow for certain events and etc, so I'm just watching these two threads to make sure it doesn't get spam-my and out of line.

Also keep your dueling bragging rights to the world duel threads and out of this area. I will start giving notices/infractions if those get put in here again.

DeletedUser16008

Your but one player and i hope your being swayed or not has no bearing on things GF. I know you rise above the bias of being a worker and i promise to not litter the place with anymore bodies ok i was but bringing light relief to a troubled and serious thread...

anyways i git ya ... dont run me outa dodge just yet pls ;)

DeletedUser22575

Ok loophole/saftey how you look at it, well how do you purpose to fix it fairly?...

Well as a player I'm not a fan of either KO idea so i doubt you will sway me with...

Good Feather I am confused.

You ask how to fix the loop hole fairly.

I proposed a system that does just exactly that. Everyone faces the same limitations under my proposal for being KO'd. No difference for any class, character, or build.

My proposal still allows those who wish to utilize the 48 hour ko for safety to do so.

Despite this you still oppose it.

So I gotta ask. As a player just what sort of system do you favor?

DeletedUser

Well, on World 11, I've been camped by sidp2201 for three days at various fort battles. I've been at jobs, at the fort (after sign in, the bug), and one time during the battle.

I'm sorry, but this killed all sympathy I would have had for this thread. If duelers are willing to bug abuse so easily, then I don't care if a dueler thinks a 48 hour KO is "cheating."

DeletedUser

current system is fine, even if that means you will not be able to duel someone in particular, there are other to duel. noone can play game being KOed they will get out sometime. i like it since it give me some time a escape for a while even where i am a dueler.
even if this is to get implanted anyone can get ko by dueling player and if you want that removed also it will be an abuse of system to those who get duel every day and die.

DeletedUser16008

Well, on World 11, I've been camped by sidp2201 for three days at various fort battles. I've been at jobs, at the fort (after sign in, the bug), and one time during the battle.

I'm sorry, but this killed all sympathy I would have had for this thread. If duelers are willing to bug abuse so easily, then I don't care if a dueler thinks a 48 hour KO is "cheating."

Get real your blaming an innocent player for the bug in the game, hows the dueler supposed to know if your signed in or not ? forts whether you like it or not are the main place to be able to duel enemy town members all in one place. Do you think someones not going to try to duel you if your attacking their fort ?? :blink: You just want to have freedom to do as you wish in the rest of the game with no reprisals just because you dont like getting dueled. Get the bug fixed and stop blaming players for the fault.

I think the simplest fix is just make the quest KO just like all the other NPC duels end of complication. If you lose then its night night and back to the hotel for 8 hrs only. NO 48 hr pass to be able to do everything in peace while the rest have to take all the usual risks day to day.

This effects all players alike across the board and is unfair to none seeing as anyone and everyone can use it regardless of class, as I said before there are plenty of soldiers/ fort fighters hiding by this method. Class be damned if I had a builder and you were attacking my fort id still want to be able to duel other builders & not have them hiding on constant Quest KO if i got KOd via a duel it amounts to the same thing anyway whats the big deal here ? Far too many wimps in this game abusing this loophole constantly and getting more by the day.

If players want to hide in KO for 48 hrs then MAKE THEM PAY FOR IT like all the other prem benefits... that way inno make more money and can develop this game further for all of us which is what most are always asking anyway and stop looking at it purely from a selfish point of view when its a loophole that shouldn't even be there.

Deleted User - 1278415

I think the simplest fix is just make the quest KO just like all the other NPC duels end of complication. If you lose then its night night and back to the hotel for 8 hrs only. NO 48 hr pass to be able to do everything in peace while the rest have to take all the usual risks day to day.

I could go with this... quest pass outs be just like NPC pass outs... and leave the dueler pass outs with the 48 hour... I mean you duelers are getting your kicks and giggles from getting a ko... and the player goes about their 2 days without being dueled.

Quite honestly thats how I play my day... if you duelers could do your job right and pass me out on the first duel... then I could get about my 2 days faster. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser22575

I could go with this... quest pass outs be just like NPC pass outs... and leave the dueler pass outs with the 48 hour... I mean you duelers are getting your kicks and giggles from getting a ko... and the player goes about their 2 days without being dueled.

Quite honestly thats how I play my day... if you duelers could do your job right and pass me out on the first duel... then I could get about my 2 days faster. :rolleyes:

I actually don't duel for KO's except for specific reasons GF. Someone ko's some one from my town then I will return the KO with interest to that town.

Not all of us duel for "ko kicks".

I myself duel for exp and I have standards on who I will hit then. For example workers need to have a weapon equipped, have a dueling level out of whack with their level and they have to have a combat medal. And even then I have to have a problem with their town.

So please don't paint us with the same brush.

DeletedUser

Umm, TJ, you forgot one..."unless they duel Berkie".

Also guys as a thought, If they do prem this option, I wouldn't go cheap on it or we'll be back at square 1.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16008

Oh i forgot you don't like dueling nor probably have time for it I understand. Fine with me I didnt use the NPC before it was implemented nor would I use it to 48 hr pass, except the worlds will die out apart from forts and questing won't they ? because everyone would be at it. You know full well thats what would happen. Or did I misunderstand you there and your saying you agree with me ?

Sure I have standards and that is no one gets a special reprieve from me in dueling especially workers in a town im at war with in forts, i'll kill them first chance I get and send them back home if it means reducing the attacking numbers. I ask for no quarter nor is any given to any class and have always played so. If that bothers people cry me a river, ive found far too many hypocrite workers who wish to duel later in the game and then they dont seem to be so concerned who they hit and the previous bleat about unfair goes out the window.

So go ahead tar me with that brush I could care less, thats what duelers are supposed to protect the workers from, people like me, shame they cant do that most of the time nor protect themselves and I shed not one tear over it. And guess what ? the side I am on whatever side that is get plenty of protection and payback on their behalf as it should be.

But back on topic uniform the quest KO to an 8 hr thing same as the NPC duels

DeletedUser24514

This is 100% about duelers wanting easy access to the softest targets – fort fighters. Give duelers this and then they will belly ache about more.

The game rules about “pushing” are about not manipulating rules to get “super easy XP”. Revoke this npc ko rule and you will be GIVING duelers “super easy XP”.

DeletedUser

The 48 hour block will cease to exist as planned in The Roadmap when the duel system completely changes.

If the plan exists and if we already know that each new update brings new things from The Roadmap, if duel system will be completely changed and rewritten...
Then the purpose of this thread is what?

DeletedUser22575

I also see a difference between the "passing out will be being weakened a bit" and the "and the duel block will be lifted". One does not necessarily mean the other.

At either rate this could be like pants...a maybe..a might..or who knows.

DeletedUser16008

This is 100% about duelers wanting easy access to the softest targets – fort fighters. Give duelers this and then they will belly ache about more.

The game rules about “pushing” are about not manipulating rules to get “super easy XP”. Revoke this npc ko rule and you will be GIVING duelers “super easy XP”.

Nope this is 100% about stopping soldiers like you with ridiculous hp avoiding any reprisals in the game. The only fact i agree with there is it will stop soft targets from having all of the benefit on a constant basis and will have to use some points to defend themselves, how awful. :hmf:

At the moment soldiers get a huge bonus in forts and saying your a soft target and also want it protected as a soldier while enjoying the benefit of forts etc and questing for xp with no risk about says it all and also why it needs to be changed.

Besides I for one dont want xp and if your not dueling your duel lvl wont fund many xp to most for long anyway.

DeletedUser16628

I agree victor and it has become the thing to do.I think it's creating an imbalance as this increasing number of players doing this have created a world inside the world free from dueling worries.This is a problem it's becoming much more widespread and surely could change the game as we know it now.

DeletedUser

So let me see if I have got this right. You want to stop people KO'ing themselves which takes away their ability to duel or be dueled because YOU want to KO people which takes away their ability to duel or be dueled? Talk about crying to mummy because you can't duel an easy target. Besides, take away this rule, that everyone can use, and all people will do is find a small town and get KO'd that way.
If this was a rule that only a few people could use I would say get rid of it but the fact of the matter is that this is a way that ANYONE can play the game. Therefore I say keep it.

DeletedUser16008

So let me see if I have got this right. You want to stop people KO'ing themselves which takes away their ability to duel or be dueled because YOU want to KO people which takes away their ability to duel or be dueled? Talk about crying to mummy because you can't duel an easy target. Besides, take away this rule, that everyone can use, and all people will do is find a small town and get KO'd that way.
If this was a rule that only a few people could use I would say get rid of it but the fact of the matter is that this is a way that ANYONE can play the game. Therefore I say keep it.

Look its simple, at the moment people get to hide work fortfight gain xp, in fact play 99% of the game with impunity and no repercussions or risk... much like an invulnerability check on a vid game... they can walk around from fort to fort enjoying battles fully charged up as a soldier under quest KO... im saying take that cheat and option away in order that they have to play the game like all the rest of us... with a risk of being dueled..

those using it are getting all the benefit and none of the risk ... and mores the point some are using it constantly ...

DeletedUser

Shakey, you got that wrong. What thread title poster wants, and some others, is to:
Keep the current duel system as it is and change only one thing in that current duel system.

Not gonna happen.
1. Duel system will be changed
2. There will be HP restoration elixirs included with the new duel system, which will mean buhbye to 8hours sleep after KOing
3. Point 2 leads to this point which means, no 8hours sleep effect from KO = no need for any kind of duel protection (yep, duel blocks will be removed)
4. Halving the traveltime and fill energy premiums already exist
5. Money protected from stealing while doing jobs or traveling already exists (hint: thy market!)

Details on new duel system? Here:
The Roadmap!

This thread is so utterly pointless.

DeletedUser

b00k, leme refresh it then.
The duel protection will be completely removed with the new duel system. This thread is pointless just as would be the thread where we would say level 99 should be removed.
A bug? I see no bug. If there was a bug then it would be noticed and fixed 2 years ago when it first occured. And it would be in the bugs section and not in ideas.

If a plan of duel system and duel block removal already exists, what's the purpose of this thread?
Except increasing my spamcounter? ;)

One more thing b00k... You forgot that we already discussed it, I said I can't wait the new duel system, you said that ppl think current duel system is not fair but you say it is fair, then etc... We had a nice discussion back there, so I really don't know what made your opinion changed:
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?p=494373#post494373
My opinion is not changed, I still want the new duel system implemented ASAP. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.