Rejected Limit Questline 48 hr KO or stop it alltogether

Shall the 48hr KO from a Questline be modified?

• Yes

Votes: 149 56.7%
  • NO

Votes: 114 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser16008

2 years ago there were no forts and soldiers etc didnt hide 24/7 and there is no fix in the roadmap just your head :rolleyes:

Deleted User - 1278415

Alright Im tired of cleaning up this thread and it getting off topic.
Since nothing is changing and it is just going back and forth I think we put this thing to vote and get it out of whats left of my hair.

Going to a vote no more changes are allowed to post #1 for 2 weeks.
After 2 weeks if the poll receives more than 80.00% of the vote it will be shipped off to the developers to decide its fate.

Thanks.

DeletedUser16008

ok fine GF can you please update proposal post 1 to say remove 48hrs quest KO alltogether and to make it 8hrs just like other NPC duels ...

Just so its clear for all players looking to vote

Thanks

Deleted User - 1278415

Modified post to read

Remove 48hrs quest KO all together and treat it just like other NPC duels.

Removed your 8 hour bit... forts are 6 hours, and honestly after 1 hour the person could potentially do a 5 min job and level up and be dueling again.

DeletedUser22575

Modified post to read

Remove 48hrs quest KO all together and treat it just like other NPC duels.

Removed your 8 hour bit... forts are 6 hours, and honestly after 1 hour the person could potentially do a 5 min job and level up and be dueling again.

I have done exactly that. Done a 5 minute job and leveled up again.

DeletedUser14006

I voted no as I like things just the way they are, with the exception of Joxer of course - he should not be allowed to keep himself under quest KO :)

DeletedUser17969

Elmyr - there will be no escape for you & your bounty from me in w11!!! :D

DeletedUser

i was looking to make this thread only last week, but good feather told me i didnt have a cat in hells chance of it getting changed so i didnt bother.

it needs to go tho, yeah KO them take them back to the hotel, but using it for 48hours of pain free game play has ruined the balance of play with fort fight builds, running around KOing themselves and then placing bounties on those who dont use it, so they have a hp advantage at fort battles and can use all their energy for work instead of having to run around the map and sleep to avoid being dueled.

i have argued about it on many in game forums where 'fort fight builds' seem to think its their god given right or should that be dev given right, to self KO and turn up to battles with full health. its used to sway the balance of play in their direction and in my opinion thats cheating.

so i vote YES.

DeletedUser

I voted no, I don't self K.O. except on very rare occasions (I think I've done it twice) and never on an NPC. If this does get implemented people will just K.O. themselves on a player instead, so I don't see a lot of point to this. If people don't want to duel, that is fine by me. No reason to cry cheat because the person has found a way to keep from being dueled.

For as long as people can be a 0 Mot. Dueler and only hit easy targets, I think the easy targets should have the ability to hide. Don't worry, it's only 48 hrs and everyone slips eventually.

DeletedUser

Already said a few times in this thread.
After 2 years that it exists, there is no point in changing something that we know will be changed within one of next updates. I want devs to concentrate on The Roadmap changes and not waste time on something that will soon work as different system.
Voted - no.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14006

Do not get rid of my beloved quest suicide duels or I will no longer be able to do things like this :laugh:

2ykc9dv.jpg

Screenshots taken from my Arizona character just moments ago.

DeletedUser

Your still be able to get your medals Derek , but you wont get your 48 hrs safety net :laugh:

DeletedUser14006

I do not need a safety net really Billy, I am a kickass dueler and I welcome any challenge - come on you mere mortals, come and get me ;)

DeletedUser20647

I voted no, because I like to use this a lot.

Oh, and I really doubt that there are more than 100 players that actually use this.

DeletedUser

I think it should be changed.

This constant 48hr protection is being abused and also makes a mockery of the bounty system when you see players un-duelable with large bounties on their head for months.

DeletedUser

I think it should be changed.

This constant 48hr protection is being abused and also makes a mockery of the bounty system when you see players un-duelable with large bounties on their head for months.

If this doesn't make the voting , that ^ should definetly be changed a bounty on your head 48hrs protection or not your lose it and be game on.
If this gets changed this way will increase bounties as players will want to make sure players are hunted down for using this protection too often (daily) it's killing the dueling in all worlds.
If this isn't changed they might aswell remove the option of dueling players as it's becoming more and more pointless with all the players using this protection.

DeletedUser26234

well it doesent really change anything if they remove it or not ,

I vote NO

DeletedUser

long overdue

well it doesent really change anything if they remove it or not ,

I vote NO

It needs to be changed. The game has had a option for the player that does not want to be dueled, you simply leave town if you needed to be exempt from dueling to finish a quest. Forts brought in a new way to combat other players. If you want to be free from attacks from others than you should not have the ability to attack others yourself, dueling or fort fighting they are just two different ways to combat other players.

My vote is yes.

DeletedUser

Just an idea...

Hey guys, I can't claim to be super-experienced etc.
However it seems to me that the simplest solution to this problem which would allow players to use NPC KO to avoid duels sometimes, but would stop it being used by lots of heeavily fort-specced players would be to make it so that if you NPC KO yourself then the game stops you from engaging in Duels for 48hours, but ALSO stops you from engaging in any Fort Battles for 48hours.

Wouldn't that work? :)

DeletedUser

sorry Bic, but i have Voted NO

i can understand the view of a duller that some don't have noeugh targets, but if you were to remove the NPc KO protection, then something should be done about Zero heroes to.

i don't mind getting hit by some guy's, but getting hit all the times, that is over the top.

if you remove the KOn protection, then duellers will rule over all the worlds. no room for builder/adventurers (who have specced for swimming, leadership, or whatever else they might do) or fort tanks ( i know this last sort often dies once the world dies down a bitt...) but all those classes would be then at the merci of Duellists.

i'm sorry, but i don't feel like having my game decided by a dueller. i enjoy fortfighting and questing too. if i can't NPC KO myself, then you'll just get harrased by duellers, since they'll keep sending you back to your bed.

and even if the Devs were to remove the NPC KO quest, then you'll have towns that will KO their ally's to provide them from protection... their are ways to get around it, but right now, i'm happy to have the posibility of NPC KOing myself on some worlds. its means you don't have to be a top class duellist to be able to help out your town in some way.

KK

Status
Not open for further replies.