Rejected Limit Questline 48 hr KO or stop it alltogether

Shall the 48hr KO from a Questline be modified?

• Yes

Votes: 149 56.7%
  • NO

Votes: 114 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser22575

Dueling is the only aspect of the game that can be forced upon unwilling participants by others. I don't see why there shouldn't be an option to opt out of it. If you do not wish to do quests, no one can force you to do them. If you do not wish to participate in fort battles, no one can force you to go. But if you wish to not do any duels, without the quest KO, other people can still force you to take part in them against your will. And that, for me, is game breaking. As an "anti-duels" player, it ruins my enjoyment of the game. And when a game you play for fun stops being fun, you go and find something else to play.

A pure dueler town can't defend their fort against a pure fort fighting town is unfair? It's a pure dueling town! Why do they even own a fort in the first place?! How is THAT not "having your cake and eating it too", you wanna be a pure duelist yet you wanna own forts...? We have the alliance system now, so pure dueling towns are not even being deprived from the benefits of getting to regen in forts, all they need to do is form an alliance with one/some of em pure fort fighting towns.

A pure HP tank has to sacrifice all of the other game aspects for that build. They can hardly do any quests, they are not helpful in gathering resources, they can't build, they don't get good exp or money jobs. I think that they deserve to dominate in fort battles. You're a dueler? Well enjoy the crit hits you can do on that tank. The tank build is definetly not a choice for the selfish player. Helping your team in fort battle is spesifically the reason to play it. And tanks don't even often enjoy high exp from battles, many times they die early in the battle, doing what they do, tanking. Only good team work and rotation guarantees the tank to live after they run low on their hp so they could get decent exp too and with that you're dependant on your team mates. So calling the tank class selfish based on them wanting fort fight and not duel is absurd.

Except for the shared tag of "PvP" dueling and fort fighting have nothing in common. You're a dueler and want to help your town defend a fort? Go to the fort battle! Be online, follow orders, ta-daa, you just helped! It's a FORT BATTLE, why do you absolutely need to mix dueling, a totally different aspect of the game, into it and be able to force it on others when they only wanna fort battle?

And blaiming forters for killing servers? When a player quits playing, for WHATEVER reason, they contribute to the server dying. And there is an endless amount of different reasons for different players why they might quit. Fort fighters are not controlling the servers and they are not trying to make people quit the game.
For me, a good reason to quit would be to be forced to take part in an ingame activity that I do not wish to have anything to do with: dueling.

Then why did you join a game knowing dueling is a part of if you don't enjoy it?

And I agree, you should be able to opt out of dueling. But since a games are also supposedly somewhat balanced between classes and what players can do would you be willing to opt out of fort fighting also to help maintain that balance.

Or do you feel that since they only have a shared tag of pvp you should be able to engage in one, but not the other? You as a players should be able to collect exp from one form of pvp but not possible provide it in the other form of pvp?

Not all towns have just pure fort fighters, but a mixture of all. Why should they not be able to own forts just like a "pure fort fighting town"?

And as to the fort fighters and their effects on worlds dying off, I could go back and find the quotes from part of them, but not going to take the time. But I will agree with you that there are many other reasons for players leaving also.

DeletedUser

This is getting tiresome ......

There is a loophole, cheat, bug that allows people for whatever reason to self quest KO giving them 48 hour protection.

Can we not just vote on this ???? Get rid of this = yes, I like this = No

Please

irppu

And I agree, you should be able to opt out of dueling. But since a games are also supposedly somewhat balanced between classes and what players can do would you be willing to opt out of fort fighting also to help maintain that balance.

Or do you feel that since they only have a shared tag of pvp you should be able to engage in one, but not the other? You as a players should be able to collect exp from one form of pvp but not possible provide it in the other form of pvp?

Why do dueling and fort fighting need to be tied together? Why can't they be separate aspects of the game? I DO provide you exp in a fort battle. You shoot at me, you crit me, you KO me, you get plenty exp. I might have 4 times the hp you do, but if you move well, take advantage of los, hide behind the tanks that your side has, you get to keep shooting at me and I won't shoot at you at all. And even if I did, as a tank I'm likely to miss anyway. You can get exp off of me, I can get exp off of you. Imo, that is balaced enough. Fort fighting is fort fighting. After the battle, you go back to dueling with the other people that wanna duel, and I go back to waiting for the next battle. I just don't see how this is unfair to you in any way.

Not all towns have just pure fort fighters, but a mixture of all. Why should they not be able to own forts just like a "pure fort fighting town"?

Alliance, alliance, alliance. Seriously, mixture towns ARE just as able to own forts! If mixture towns have the numbers, if they have more people show up/if more people are online/if they have a better general/if they have better teamwork, or any combo of these, all these aspects come into play in every battle and they can very easily beat the living * out of a pure fort fighter town. It's never about just HP. Tanks are not a necessity to win a fort battle.
A pure forter town is not unbeatable and always automatically dominant. They are a town of players that all have the same desires and goals of what they want in/from this game. But they still lose battles all the time too. They may seem dominant because doing so many battles so often, they tend to have atleast good team work every battle. But that is experience gained through playing together a lot, not an advantage gained from class/build/loopholes/whatever.

DeletedUser22575

Why do dueling and fort fighting need to be tied together? Why can't they be separate aspects of the game? I DO provide you exp in a fort battle. You shoot at me, you crit me, you KO me, you get plenty exp. I might have 4 times the hp you do, but if you move well, take advantage of los, hide behind the tanks that your side has, you get to keep shooting at me and I won't shoot at you at all. And even if I did, as a tank I'm likely to miss anyway. You can get exp off of me, I can get exp off of you. Imo, that is balaced enough. Fort fighting is fort fighting. After the battle, you go back to dueling with the other people that wanna duel, and I go back to waiting for the next battle. I just don't see how this is unfair to you in any way.

Alliance, alliance, alliance. Seriously, mixture towns ARE just as able to own forts! If mixture towns have the numbers, if they have more people show up/if more people are online/if they have a better general/if they have better teamwork, or any combo of these, all these aspects come into play in every battle and they can very easily beat the living * out of a pure fort fighter town. It's never about just HP. Tanks are not a necessity to win a fort battle.
A pure forter town is not unbeatable and always automatically dominant. They are a town of players that all have the same desires and goals of what they want in/from this game. But they still lose battles all the time too. They may seem dominant because doing so many battles so often, they tend to have atleast good team work every battle. But that is experience gained through playing together a lot, not an advantage gained from class/build/loopholes/whatever.

I was soliciting your opinion on it because there are those who don't want to do either. They don't want to duel and they don't want to fort fight.

So I was considering a proposal to make to allow them to opt out someway.

And I don't believe you should get to pick being a combatant part of the time for what often are battles against towns/alliances and not the rest of the time. Dueling players who are at forts or before they get there is in fact part of the fort battle attack and defense, part of which players are hiding out from through the quest ko trying to neutralize that part of the battle for the fort . I think your either in the war or out of it.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1278415

This is getting tiresome ......

There is a loophole, cheat, bug that allows people for whatever reason to self quest KO giving them 48 hour protection.

Can we not just vote on this ???? Get rid of this = yes, I like this = No

Please

Well seeing as the community is split on this I could just close this topic and you all could take this discussion to the Bugs Area that you believe as a loophole and see how it proceeds that way... but this area has a dedicated format that votes on concepts.
And when that the VAST majority (80%) has no problems with it then I submit to the Developers. I know you have been telling your alliances to come here and vote, as I'm apart of those alliances on many worlds and have seen the posts, which is great as we need more people coming to the forum.:cool: They then actually find the missing manual to the game. :laugh:

This concept has been used for over a year that I have been a player of the game. If the Devs want to remove they will remove it, but currently the players of the game are split on weather it should be done or not... in this area of the forum.

You can now see that other players play the game for one reason and those others play for other reasons. I apologize if this is not just a full 1 on 1 dueling game.. you need to probably look elsewhere for those games to satisfy that thirst. Because this game brings about diplomacy, communication, duels, battles, quests, puzzles and more.

Please keep future comments on this thread to a minimum... I think every post is just rehashing the same ol same ol.

I apologize for the long windedness of this, but lets try to keep the posts brief and just to confirming maybe how you voted if you want, as the time for debate really needs to end on this post.

DeletedUser

Something has to be done about being permanently on a 48hour kop out so I voted yes.
Can't be bothered to read through all the posts so this might have been mentioned, why not have a 48 hour cooling off period after you have been KO’d by the quest NCP whereby you can't attempt the quest again for 48 hours AFTER your 48 hour kop out has completed?
All the cheaters only have to stay safe for 48 hours before they can KO themselves again, all the duellers get a 48 hour timeslot to try and kick their snivelling butts.

DeletedUser

hey salty well said,let's see what the others think of this idea.i'm not big on hugging though lets just all duel.............

Glad you like the idea,when a town fort is threatened by fort-fighters let's just have an NPC make that fort safe for 48 hours.

Let's see how the fort-fighters would like that one :D

DeletedUser

Personally I think something should be done regarding people camping a town just for the sake of duelling. It is unreasonable that people can sleep in a town for weeks at end and just wake up to duel and go back to sleep immediately after. I understand that deulling is part of the game, but when one or two people camp a town and then terrorise a few of the people who they know cannot defend themselves against duelling. In this regard I can understand why people KO themselves to be free from being harassed. It is not an option I follow nor particularly care for. Surely if you want to address this tactic of KO, the aspect of duel camping should also be addressed. Where is the fairness in duelling a person that is sleeping most of the time? You have to be lucky to catch him in that ten minutes the the person is awake to be able to duel him/her.

Deleted User - 1278415

Personally I think something should be done regarding people camping a town just for the sake of duelling. It is unreasonable that people can sleep in a town for weeks at end and just wake up to duel and go back to sleep immediately after. I understand that deulling is part of the game, but when one or two people camp a town and then terrorise a few of the people who they know cannot defend themselves against duelling. In this regard I can understand why people KO themselves to be free from being harassed. It is not an option I follow nor particularly care for. Surely if you want to address this tactic of KO, the aspect of duel camping should also be addressed. Where is the fairness in duelling a person that is sleeping most of the time? You have to be lucky to catch him in that ten minutes the the person is awake to be able to duel him/her.

Briefly I will say that most recently the previous update 1.29 did attempt to alleviate the camping problems some by giving us duel on the spot of jobs vs just at the players towns.

So to avoid campers you might want to go do a job off away from major towns where there are few people to duel fewer targets make you less worth their time is the way I think of it.. but if it is a vendetta then there might be no way around it.

DeletedUser

Briefly I will say that most recently the previous update 1.29 did attempt to alleviate the camping problems some by giving us duel on the spot of jobs vs just at the players towns.

So to avoid campers you might want to go do a job off away from major towns where there are few people to duel fewer targets make you less worth their time is the way I think of it.. but if it is a vendetta then there might be no way around it.

I'd like to add due to alliances aswell as the duel on the spot seems even fewer duels these days. Helps sticking in my own county as we are all allies pretty much any outsiders coming in soon leave !

It's a case of our you local ? if not we blow you away :laugh::laugh::laugh:

DeletedUser

I don't know if anyone has brought it up, but the devs are clearly aware of this tactic, since NPC duels, which would be MUCH easier to use for KOs, don't give 48 hours protection. If they wanted to implement it, they would have done so.

DeletedUser

I don't know if anyone has brought it up, but the devs are clearly aware of this tactic, since NPC duels, which would be MUCH easier to use for KOs, don't give 48 hours protection. If they wanted to implement it, they would have done so.

True.Your point is valid but keep in mind that it's a double edge sword,this could just as easelly interpreted as the devs dont like the 48 hours protection and are moving away from it and the "proof" would have been what you stated:that the newly implemented NPC's don't have that feature.

Also these guys are (believe it or not) actual human beings and as such might change their mind -or their vision and direction of the game- specially if the demand for such a move is there ;)

DeletedUser

Your point is valid but keep in mind that it's a double edge sword,this could just as easelly interpreted as the devs dont like the 48 hours protection and are moving away from it and the "proof" would have been what you stated:that the newly implemented NPC's don't have that feature.

Not even remotely true. NPC duels are easily available to anyone. Only high level quest duels are reason useful for KOing yourself because you'll beat a low level one eventually whether you try to or not. You're also sacrificing the quest rewards. You also have to be able to get to the quest duel in the first place. On the only world where I KO myself I use the Fugitive. You think having to do transporting prisoners to get the shackle in the first quest in this group even remotely compares to having 5 NPCs sitting and waiting to KO you at your convenience? NPCs whom if you beat, you'll have 5 more waiting for you 30 mins later?

DeletedUser

249 votes total. this was one big idea. still few days left, it will not pass the 80% line.

i feel you guys who want this since when people declare multi-attack they purposely get KO to hide. but when i declare attacks i do the same(i don't do multi, just one). i get KO and hide from the people who are angry. that is when i get dueled the most. i am protected and that makes the other pissed off. but it is important since i am a general who has to live at least till the battle start. dead general is no good.

i am happy that this did(will) not get passed.:D

DeletedUser

Elmyr .. once a player receives his "yellow belly" medal he should be stripped of his 24 hr protection at that time....

or make the constant use by player or town bring down their ranking... that would definately be a deterrent from abuse...

DeletedUser

or make the constant use by player or town bring down their ranking... that would definately be a deterrent from abuse...

On the world where I use the quest KO, my town has 0 points for dueling.

What then? Start deducting points from our forts because we KO ourselves on quests? That's ridiculous.

Deleted User - 1278415

Shall the 48hr KO from a Quest-line be modified?
Yes
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
clear.gif
149 56.65% NO
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
clear.gif
114 43.35%

At this time the poll failed to achieve 80% of the popular yes vote.

This idea will be shelved at this time and can only be brought up to be discussed by asking a mod first if it is time to revisit this idea in this section of the forum.

As there was some discussion that that this concept would never pass here, and the thought that this was a "bug" "loop hole" or "cheat" then that concept of this idea needs to be discussed/brought up in the Bugs and Game Errors and no longer discussed here in this area as we only discuss ideas that may improve the game from a popular viewpoint stance here in the I&B area.

Thanks for voting & playing.

Deleted User - 1278415

I just heard a rumor today from a credible source. That quest KO is being removed in 1.30

I'm reopening this topic for a few days for gloating... I mean discussion.

DeletedUser

There really is no need if it's actually happening. I don't foresee too much of a discussion taking place.

DeletedUser

So, no duel system change, but forcing players to go townless or risk a ban if KOing on other players with a pillow.
Ok, devs want me play townless, I'll play townless. And playing townless means:
1. no fort fights
2. no need for reskill (no spending nuggets on shaman)
3. no need for traveltime halving (again no nuggets)

GF, just as they remove it now, mark my words - they'll pretty soon put it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.