World Cup

DeletedUser1121

epic save from Suarez. Trying to fool the ref by pretending to head the ball away :)
He turned from hero to zero to hero in 2 minutes. Did you see his reaction in the tunnel of the stadium when Ghana missed the penalty? He knew the red card was worth it.
Good thing he won't play against Holland.

DeletedUser

Yes, that was the most heart wrenching world cup game I ever watched, I'm glad I wasn't invested in either team or I would have had a heart attack.

DeletedUser

What the HELL! Ghana should of gone through, what a filthy way to go through to the next round. I hope the Netherlands totally obliterates Uruguay and they all cry their hearts out.

I'll drink to that!

DeletedUser1121

Hope we will see another epic match today. Both games look very interesting!

DeletedUser

Argentina deserved that after that cheat first goal on the Mexico vs Argentina game. The fellow was offsides by yards and yet the refs pull a blind eye and they still get it.

I know that that game was last week, but I left on my week long vacation before I could comment on it until today when I got back :razz:

DeletedUser22685

Germany vs Argentina made me feel better about Australia. We weren't the only ones. Bad luck Hell :p

DeletedUser

Yep Italy have a GREAT chance of winning

now go away Raw Dog you noob :laugh:

DeletedUser

Like I said, Argentina had holes in their defense and while their offense was good, they could only shine against weak teams. At least they can share a plane with Brazil and Paraguay on their way home :-D

And don't mess with Paul. He's psychic. Tomorrow 11am (local time) he'll tell us who will advance to the finale, Germany or Spain.

DeletedUser

Your the one that didnt know what a bouncer was in the Town forum!

DeletedUser

Like I said, Argentina had holes in their defense and while their offense was good, they could only shine against weak teams. At least they can share a plane with Brazil and Paraguay on their way home :-D

And don't mess with Paul. He's psychic. Tomorrow 11am (local time) he'll tell us who will advance to the finale, Germany or Spain.
I agree Argentina had holes in their defense. I don't agree entirely about the rest though, as the problem was not merely their defense, but a huge dependency on Messi and Teves (primarily Messi), both of whom were sick (Messi with a cold and Teves with some stomach issue). These were noted by the game announcers even before the game began (and a few times during).

Ultimately it was Maradona's fault for not changing-up, having only one format, becoming predictable, and especially for not adjusting his team structure after Messi was too sick to play (review the video and you'll see, he was completely incapable of playing, sweating and red-faced after only 10+ minutes of the game). Maradona had only one card to play, and that only works if you're playing one game, not a series of games. Germany's team managers were smarter.