World Cup

DeletedUser1121

it will be worth it if they win :)

but i'll explain.

It is from a song that is used a lot when Holland plays.
In the logo of the dutch football asociation is a lion.
Translated it is something like:
Don't leave the lion out in the cold.

DeletedUser

I Think Germany but he loosed :( he is now on third place but now i thing Spain will win that cup :)) :rolleyes:

DeletedUser13020

Now why did the ref give the ball to Spain after that free kick that was clearly deflected by spains wall...then when Casillas kicks the ball in, they score. How lame was that. Well after that kick to the chest that he let slide I guess there is nothing that would of surprised me then. Oh well, it was a good game after all, especially since it was 2 teams that haven't won a world cup before.

DeletedUser

Now why did the ref give the ball to Spain after that free kick that was clearly deflected by spains wall...then when Casillas kicks the ball in, they score. How lame was that. Well after that kick to the chest that he let slide I guess there is nothing that would of surprised me then. Oh well, it was a good game after all, especially since it was 2 teams that haven't won a world cup before.

Most refs are complete morons.

DeletedUser

hehe finaly my favorite team won :)
Not the best match but at least I am glad it didn't get to the penaltyes because they're like flipping a coin to see who is going to win. The referee had a lot of work to do in this match and I guess that's why he made some mistakes(well some big ones...).
Still I think that after that match Spain deserved to win.

DeletedUser1121

Yesterday i felt like one of my best friends has died..
I felt sick in my stomach. it was the most horrible feeling.
Today i know it is a game. But damn.. if you are soooo close.

Worst game of the tournament with some of the poorest deciscions taken by a ref.
This game took ten years of my life.

DeletedUser

He also didn't give a penalty kick for Spain in the first half of overtime.
As for the kick to the chest, that deserved a red card, in the second half he didn't give a red card to a spanish player either.
So at the end of the day, he made mistakes on both sides, though rather to Netherlands' advantage. I'm still amazed, that like everyone of their players got a yellow card, except of the goalkeeper basically, but they managed to only lose one player due to a yellow/red one.

Anyway, Paul was right once again. All Hail Paul!

DeletedUser

yep, that was not a fun Final to watch. I'm not okay watching players commit so many fouls, and especially not with how many were "not caught" by the referee. Unfortunately, I lost a bit of respect for the Netherlands team (didn't have much for the Spain team previously, so no significant change there).

On the other hand, the Uruguay/Germany 3rd place game was fantastic, one of the best in this world cup.

DeletedUser1121

yeah, that was a great game. If only the Uruguyan keeper had a better day.
Great goal by Forlan

DeletedUser

yep, that was not a fun Final to watch. I'm not okay watching players commit so many fouls, and especially not with how many were "not caught" by the referee. Unfortunately, I lost a bit of respect for the Netherlands team (didn't have much for the Spain team previously, so no significant change there).

On the other hand, the Uruguay/Germany 3rd place game was fantastic, one of the best in this world cup.

I agree with you , the third place game was defiantly the most entertaining game of the tournament. But the that final was one of the most violent games I've seen so far, with yellow cards falling like snow.