World Cup

DeletedUser22685

As i am Dutch, I hope that the quality comes out against Brasil. They tend to keep 7 players (including keeper) behind the ball. But the attacking ones (robinho, kaka and fabiano) are so quick when they get the ball. So to eliminate this you will have to put a controlling midfielder on kaka to get the angle out of the counters. Other problem is Maicon on the right. He can play on the whole wing on his own. There needs to be a left winger to either defend him the whole time (Dirk Kuyt) or one who forces him to stay behind the middle line because it would be to dangerous to let him walk (Robben)
Although both prefer to play on the right wing. My guess is Kuyt will play against Maicon.
You should be a professional coach :laugh:

DeletedUser

I just love it when Spain builds up it's atacks with lots an lots of passes and than lose the ball so easy when they actualy atack. Anyway, GO SPAIN!! :)

DeletedUser

I really enjoyed the match between Portugal and Spain. Like Desi said, to counter Spain the other side would need great mid fielders. Portugal lack of mid fielders was the reason for the lose. Portugal had great forward players. Spain also has brick walls that is impenetrable.

Simply, others will have to come with strategy to score against Spain.

DeletedUser

Lol, you know Germany has no chance if they have to rely on prognosticating cephalopods to win a football game. ;)

DeletedUser1121

prognosticating cephalopods

darn.. i thought this was an english forum only :) those are some hard words Hellstrom :)

prognosticating : to foretell (future events) according to present signs or indications; prophesy

cephalopods: The highest class of Mollusca. (still no clue )

DeletedUser

Hell just loves to prove his superiority over others.
My question is if you knew it by heart or you had to look it up somewhere. Whatever the answer, both prove the point...

DeletedUser22685

I think he just knew, lol. He used to be a writer (don't know if he still is??).

DeletedUser1121

Well, i could manage figuring out what they were because of the quote :)

on topic: Great match in 2 1/2 hour. Hope it will be spectacular.

DeletedUser14006

Haha, have to love the Holland's corner at 34 minutes :laugh:

DeletedUser

I will not forgive Netherlands for all the stupid things she's done...
Anyway, I don't think Brazil deserved to win anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Lol, Brazil lost, what are you rambling about Turda?

Anyway, many of my predictions are on target, so I'm feeling pretty good. ;)

But I am taking this back:

I had high hopes for Argentina, but as long as Maradona is head coach, I give them very little chance of even making it past the round robin. He's was the best player in his time, but he has no managerial skills and far less common sense.
It's quite evident he's smarter at the game than I am, took into account things I didn't even consider. Let's see how they fare against Germany tomorrow.

DeletedUser13020

Netherland Netherlands Netherlands!!

Also I hope Ghana wins too. But at the end it will be the Netherlands vs Germany/Spain (screw you Argentina). Still, Netherlands will win the cup this year.

DeletedUser1121

EAT THAT BRASIL

I have never seen them play so bad and recover in the second half.
After the lucky goal, they started to play like they used to.

DeletedUser1121

It's quite evident he's smarter at the game than I am, took into account things I didn't even consider. Let's see how they fare against Germany tomorrow.

He isn't that much smarter than the most of us.
There is a reason why he took Veron with him.
A great leader just surrounds himself with other great players.
MAradona is a great motivator. But there are other people doing the technical part.

I hope Germany wins. Just because Holland can kick their ass in the final

DeletedUser

Uruguay versus Ghana was quite a thrill. The teams were pretty even and it was hard to predict anything. But you gotta love that red card save in the end, that was for the history books. Although Ghana should deserved that victory more I think.

DeletedUser13020

What the HELL! Ghana should of gone through, what a filthy way to go through to the next round. I hope the Netherlands totally obliterates Uruguay and they all cry their hearts out.