World Cup

DeletedUser

I can't wait for Portugal vs Brasil
ng3gpw.gif
ng3gpw.gif
ng3gpw.gif

I was so disapointed by a lot of teams... I can't believe Spain screwed things up so bad. And Italy, oh the horror...

DeletedUser

This World Cup is uncertain, I am Brazilian, although many good players not being summoned, I believe that the Brazilian team would rather

DeletedUser1121

did you guys see the action Robben made?
Unbelievable.. Knowing that he torn his hamstring just two weeks ago!

DeletedUser

I know Torres just came out of injury so he is a bit worried about getting injured again but what he did yesterday is plain and simple diving.Its a curse of modern football really most of the good players have become good divers too.And I guess EPL is the best diving school in the world considering all the great divers of our time from Ronaldo,Drogba to robinho graduated there.

I support Brazil & watched this game merely as a neutral.And surprise surprise yet another good game got destroyed because of bad officials.

DeletedUser1121

yeah, that happens a lot. Denmark got a cheap penalty after a dive to.
They lost the game anyway :) Honda (CSKA Moskou) had some great moves in that game. Hard to believe he played for a minor Dutch team (VVV) just a year ago

DeletedUser13020

Damn it damn it damn it! Besides the bs first goal that was made by a player that was offsides by like a mile and a half, and the second goal that was because of such an amateur mistake. The game was pretty good. So long Mexico :(. Go on Argentina.....Germany awaits you.

DeletedUser

After 44 years finally the compensation for the Wembley goal. It didn't really change the outcome of the match as England continued their overall crappy performance (with very few highlights though) and unlike that meter-wide obvious offside of Argentina it wasn't even shown on the big screens in the stadium.
I hope the referee mistakes will decrease with the upcoming more important matches.

DeletedUser

I go for Italy (GO ITALY!!!!!) but they haven't been doing too well. If they lose, I go for either England or Spain. I seriously can't stand Brazil cause they're showoffs nor France cause they're sore losers most of the time. So, yeah, I go for Italy!

ha ha ha fail they couldn't even beet New Zealand thats just sad

DeletedUser1121

Holland game is this afternoon.
Should be doable, as long as the referee doesn't screw things over :)

DeletedUser3543

After 44 years finally the compensation for the Wembley goal. It didn't really change the outcome of the match as England continued their overall crappy performance (with very few highlights though) and unlike that meter-wide obvious offside of Argentina it wasn't even shown on the big screens in the stadium.
I hope the referee mistakes will decrease with the upcoming more important matches.

At least we'll have no more hype in the British papers about how this is our best chance to win the world cup since '66!

My guess is we'll have lots of blame thrown around at the ref, the linesman, the manager, the team bus driver, the lady who waters the flowers etc etc, and not one iota of blame at the players, who truly deserve the it the most!

What a bunch of overpaid, over-hyped Prima Donnas!

I for one am glad it's all over, and roll on August when I can get back to supporting 'my' team :)

DeletedUser1121

Well, Holland is through to the quarter finals and Robben is back.
But the game sucked. I don't know what i would like more, a great match or becoming World champions..

DeletedUser1121

Great quarter finals if you ask me:
Brasil vs Netherlands
Argentina vs Germany.

To bad all the south american countries are going home..

DeletedUser

Great quarter finals if you ask me:
Brasil vs Netherlands
Argentina vs Germany.

To bad all the south american countries are going home..

You wish :razz:

Brazil will win for sure.And although I want Germany to win
Argentina will probably win too.

Watched Spain last night,they looked like Barcelona without Messi.
It will be fun if they actually face him.

DeletedUser1121

Spain's goal was great to see. This was one of the first goals scored that didn't come out of a situation where the opponent looses the ball. Spain build up the goal with quick and decent passing, touching the ball one time.

Spain are one of my favourites. They play great football to watch. Where i come from, the way you play is more important than the result. I want to see great football. If you all remember the European championships of 2008, Holland destroyed France and Italy, but lost in the second round. I'd rather see them loose and play the greatest football of the world than the controlling game they play now.

As i am Dutch, I hope that the quality comes out against Brasil. They tend to keep 7 players (including keeper) behind the ball. But the attacking ones (robinho, kaka and fabiano) are so quick when they get the ball. So to eliminate this you will have to put a controlling midfielder on kaka to get the angle out of the counters. Other problem is Maicon on the right. He can play on the whole wing on his own. There needs to be a left winger to either defend him the whole time (Dirk Kuyt) or one who forces him to stay behind the middle line because it would be to dangerous to let him walk (Robben)
Although both prefer to play on the right wing. My guess is Kuyt will play against Maicon.