W6 Fort Battles

DeletedUser

All the info is lost Leona. They don't have anything anywhere about it.

DeletedUser

Yep, that's why I was wondering if they money got deducted from Armageddon III. In my opinion they should get it back.

DeletedUser

we didn´t get the money back :(

I'll make a support request to see if we get the money back...

DeletedUser

Gee caused 3913 damage still only 1085 xp :unsure:
Anyone knows how to get maximum KO or its all luck?:huh:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

626 Experience points. Got that with 6 hits and 2 KO's.

Thanks again Armageddon for another enjoyable evening. Thank you to the over 200 people that showed up to help us defend our fort. I'm sorry all of you did not get to join in the battle. I'll send out proper thank you's tomorrow as it is very late.

DeletedUser

Well, at least we did try. And we made a decent effort too.

Rules have to be changed though, and balance shifted, before a fort assault will have the least chance of succeeding.

I have been told that the whole battle system will be changed, with character classes having different tasks in a fort battle. It is still early days for forts, we shall have to see what happens.

Thank you all who have fought alongside Armageddon City these last few days!

DeletedUser

Got 10 hits with crappy weapon - 1257 damage. No KOs, and received 398 XP. I guess only damage is important, while hit count doesn't matter.

Lol at the battle report: "An enemy has hit you badly. But you stay awake and battle on despite your injury! You lose 612 health points."

DeletedUser

It was a nice try D. Saint. And agreed that the system needs changed. I think things will be different when the tower/wall bonuses come into play.

DeletedUser

It was a nice try D. Saint. And agreed that the system needs changed. I think things will be different when the tower/wall bonuses come into play.
The wall and tower bonuses are there already, according to the devs:
http://devblog.the-west.net/?p=163#comments (scroll down).

That is the reason why we changed our strategy and tried to take your walls and towers. And we did, after round two 3/4 towers were packed with attackers.

Obviously more than that is needed. Giving up your walls and towers to the attacker without a fight (which is the best defence now), should in most cases lead to the fall of the fort.

We'll see what happens.

DeletedUser

The wall and tower bonuses have always been there, but a) they don't level and b) the towers aren't class specific.

DeletedUser

Fort fights should be 64 vs. 64 if they want to make them the current strategical game that they are. Right now, attackers have to employ somewhat complex strategy while the defenders sit in the middle and require no real strategy. The attackers have to advance and move and perhaps even change direction at the same time, and that kind of communication with 128 people is just not possible.

Perhaps if there were a way to communicate orders on the field it would help.

Or maybe have a battlefield commander who can control the AFK'ers.

Either way, there's a good bit of fundamentals work to do yet to make fort battles balanced.

DeletedUser

I think all that's really needed is chat integrated with the battle flash so you can communicate without using an IM. Real time battles without real time communications is idiotic.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
Just got myself a nice 900 XP and $200 in items.

1559 damage with no HP lost.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Unfortunately that'll probably be about the last time you get that kind of xp until they fix forts. Few people in their right minds will attack a fort now, considering the insane levels of coordination and organization it takes to take one, whereas defense merely requires you to sit in the middle and sip your favorite cocktail until the 50 rounds are over.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
I haven't seen any real organisation so far, the majority of players don't even have a willingness to be organised. People making the right tactical moves in battle and gathering allies at one fort isn't really what I'd call organisation.

With the right amount of willing players any proper organisation would guarantee the fort, even something as simple as attacking 3, gathering at one and then splitting between the other 2 would work at this stage (as well as in-battle tactics and other relatively simple stuff).

Not that I want to have to make an effort, especially when I'm the defender.
... I wonder how much XP you get from small attacks.