Update 1.29 public beta

DeletedUser

Sorry for the doublepost and bumping... But I've received a spectacular news from one of beta testers.... The most illogical part of the current duel system will be changed there. No more saloon dueling but to duel someone you must be on the location he is standing on the map. Yes, the camper is 24/7 in your town, who cares, you go away to another town or fort! Don't ask me for details, I dunno bu honestly can't wait to see this on normal servers.

The most important Roadmap change is born. Finally!

Interesting, though wouldn't this mean more ducks, for example : I get to the place of my victim :D start the duel 10 min count down. During the 10mins my victim arrives to his new destination ! would that count as a duck ? I would of thought so as the player is no longer at the location.
Can't wait for this update, tester on Beta go into overdrive testing :laugh::laugh::laugh:

DeletedUser

HAHA iN beta somebody attack me from 1:42 hour away of me but i attack him after 12 min of his attack
its interesting :D

DeletedUser

I've been trying forever to get into the beta but can never quite do it, though the number of users it shows seems to go up by a few each day..

I guess it's just lucky, or is there some other way.... :)

DeletedUser

For some odd reason, or just because ppl are not thinking, we still get questions about campers and how to get rid of them (without leaving a town, abusing quest NPC duels or sleeping 24/7).

The next update introduces a few big changes that will probably wipe out campers for good:

1. You duel on the spot and not in the saloon. So, to duel someone you need to be near him on the map.

2. Towns can now get allied. The point of that? You may sleep in any fort that belongs to your allies.

3. A camper can't sleep in a fort that doesn't belong to his allies.

4. You need allies. Allies who have forts. Once you have such allies, you sleep in the fort. Not in the town. You may sleep in the town, but why would you do that? Go sleep in the fort. Now imagine what happens to a zero motivation camper who tries to camp in a fort where he can't sleep? You sleep there and do jobs near it, your town and allies' duelists are also there - but this time they're actually camping on every nonallied poor soul that dares to approach "your" fort.

5. You're a defenseless builder, you got camped every single day for 2 years and you can't do anything... yadda, yadda, yadda... For weeks I've been posting all over this forum that all you need is to wake up and start stealing forts. So? What are you waiting for? The update is almost here. And you, a worker class, currently possess an unbeatable fort bonus.

DeletedUser8675

Joxer misses the point (for the 100th time). Duelers are DUELERS. We don't care about forts, go steal them all you want I will keep hitting you. Don't really give a dang about the forts, keep em! LOL All I want is your cash, exp, and wins!

DeletedUser

Yea, well, you miss the point that with the next update the duel system is changed.
You don't have to believe me. Not my problem.

DeletedUser22575

Yea, well, you miss the point that with the next update the duel system is changed.

While the system might be changed their still will be dueling. There will still be "camping" of some sort or another, just changed and refined.

Players will still have their money stolen, duelers will still make exp, and players will still complain about it.

1.29 is not your holy grail to make duelers disappear from the game Joxer.

DeletedUser8675

It is changed, making it easier to revenge campers (I like this, don't have to go anywhere, I'm so popular I get dueled a lot :laugh:)
I still fail to see your point, because you make no sense. However I think TJ is spot on with his post above mine, so I'll just leave it at that.

DeletedUser

When it's ready partner :), let them do the testing so we don't have all the faults and errors interupting our game play.
Though better be soon now :D

DeletedUser26406

yeah
it had beter be soon!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10077

This update looks awesome, cant wait for it to hit servers.
I have been trying for a couple of weeks to get onto beta with no luck yet, but will keep trying.
:mad:

DeletedUser

As long as it's cash only, and not things like hernando's sword... Who cares? ;)
Piling up the money from jobs or duels is already easy, a few thousands more or less can practically be ignored.

i would swap hernandos for the golden gun given those stats are correct anyday.......:shootout:

DeletedUser

I wouldn't... I need hernando for a few jobs, but golden gun also.

Back on the topic, it's odd none of beta testers didn't give us details on the new duel system...
Like, would it be able to finally duel townless players? I mean, there are bounties now, how will you collect a reward if a player goes townless. Besides, anyone can "take a cover" temporarily by abusing quest NPC duels or joining a fort fight so I don't see why we still can't duel townless players on permanent basis. ;)

DeletedUser8675

Back on the topic, it's odd none of beta testers didn't give us details on the new duel system...
Like, would it be able to finally duel townless players? I mean, there are bounties now, how will you collect a reward if a player goes townless. Besides, anyone can "take a cover" temporarily by abusing quest NPC duels or joining a fort fight so I don't see why we still can't duel townless players on permanent basis. ;)

No, you cannot duel town less players. And you cannot duel without being part of the town, those aspects are still the same as before. I think all the adventurers who stay town less for long periods of time will be glad to know that :D
Does anyone know when 1.29 hits .de worlds? I heard they got 1.28 a few days before we did, so if we knew when they got it we could guesstimate :p

DeletedUser

No, you cannot duel town less players. And you cannot duel without being part of the town, those aspects are still the same as before. I think all the adventurers who stay town less for long periods of time will be glad to know that :D
Does anyone know when 1.29 hits .de worlds? I heard they got 1.28 a few days before we did, so if we knew when they got it we could guesstimate :p

That's indeed not possible, I don't expect that to happen either...

Well, .de usually gets it a few days (sometimes a week) before .net and the other language versions. I'd say about two or thee weeks and .net gets updated, but that's just a rough guess of mine. :)

DeletedUser

That's indeed not possible, I don't expect that to happen either...
So, someone sets a price on my head, I just go townless and the list of bounties gets filled and filled and filled each day with posters noone can solve?
That's rediculous.
But no matter, there is always update 1.30, right? ;)

bever, since you're here... What happens in forts? Since you do duels on the spot, you check the battles queue, move to a fort spot, and just wait till the fort battle is finished - then you easily KO already hurt survivors. This will probably be abused pretty much.

Last edited by a moderator: