Update 1.29 public beta

DeletedUser

any new quests... bored bored bored... who cares about bounties?

I don't care for quests the least bit, but that does not mean I don't want them in game. A lot of people play solely for the entertainment that comes from solving hard quests. The same way I respect your type of playing, you should respect mine.

Granted this is still in beta and subject to refinement... but what's to stop people with bounties from having their friends KO them back and forth, collecting large sums of free money? It could easily be made to look like a legitimate duel to avoid the staff's subjective and manual enforcement of pushing rules. Placing a large bounty on a killer would be essentially giving that money over to that killer's town. Has anyone seen this happen in Beta yet?

It sounds like a great idea that needs to be thought through a whole lot before it hits the game.

Well for years now bounties have been suggested by players and shot down because of the ability to cheat. However, since the developers are adding them themselves, I am sure they have worked out some system. The same way they detect push duels, which might serve the same purpose - to collect money - they will probably monitor the bounties.

Boy on .net I will have fun with this new bounty its well kool I have had 9 people KO'd so far on beta its wicked...................................

Do you always have to KO your opponent? It will be a bit more challenging, but after Hernando's I have like 80% knockout ratio on soldier, so what the hell. :eek:fficer:

Noobmic

Well for years now bounties have been suggested by players and shot down because of the ability to cheat. However, since the developers are adding them themselves, I am sure they have worked out some system. The same way they detect push duels, which might serve the same purpose - to collect money - they will probably monitor the bounties.

Well I play another web based game that has trading (between players), marketplace, secure trades (between players) and also bounties. There isn't any problem with their system and you cannot cheat. The idea of bounty in that game is that when a player is put on bounty board depends on his level he can lose xp.
For example if a player lvl 65 is on Bounty Board then he could lose at most 560.757xp, if one player lvl 115 is put on Bounty Board can lose at most 1.814.401xp, if one player lvl 937 is put on Bounty Board can lose at most 130.713.650xp (real numbers from game). And also xp required for each level is much more then what is in the-west.

With this example I wanted to show that with a proper xp loss players will not afford to just be put there for gold exchange.

One year ago I played another game that had also Bounty Board and in that game you losed xp and you had chances to also lose one item that you have on your backpack or equipped, by adding that equipment lose they reduced money transfers because now-one wants to lose an item where you spent days to get it from elite creatures.

DeletedUser

The same way I respect your type of playing, you should respect mine.
b00k but in that case the forum would be boring since noone would "fight". ;)

Do you always have to KO your opponent? It will be a bit more challenging, but after Hernando's I have like 80% knockout ratio on soldier, so what the hell. :eek:fficer:
Man, I'm telling you. Get to w12 or w13 or even both, I have many builderkiller names to put on wanted posters, you definetly won't lack of "jobs". ;)

DeletedUser

I don't care for quests the least bit, but that does not mean I don't want them in game. A lot of people play solely for the entertainment that comes from solving hard quests. The same way I respect your type of playing, you should respect mine.

Just winning the duel is enough. ;)

DeletedUser

Bever what happens if the bounty is placed on a player who then goes townless?
In another words... Is this, just as the banks change, actually a prerequisite for the new duel system we're waiting to be implemented or we'll be able to duel townless players in 1.29?

DeletedUser

Townless duelling definitely won't come in 1.29.

I suspect the bounty just stays in place until that player joins a town again, and then loses a duel... :)

DeletedUser

Ok, then another question if I may... Is there a cap on the bounty, is it perhaps level based, or you may put any amount on someone's head?

DeletedUser

I don't think there's a limit to it. I've got no premium on the beta, so I don't have tens of thousands of dollars to try it, but it looks like there's no limit. :)

DeletedUser

Right now the highest bounty is 10909 but I'm sure it would go alot higher.

[spoil] I'm seeing alot of multible bountys on one person. I'm just wondering if they all pay out at the same time or get completed one by one? (I know this would be better to ask on the beta forums but its not loading for me atm)[/spoil]

DeletedUser

Wait a minute... So you're saying there can be multiple bounties? So, I put a poster, another player can put a poster on the same target? That's not logical, but on the other hand... We can have a miss or mister popularity contest that way, hehe

I also want to know does the bounty hunter that wins the duel collect everything from all wanted posters or one duelwin means one reward. Because if you collect everything by a single win, bounty hunter will definetly be the best "job".

DeletedUser

Right now the highest bounty is 10909 but I'm sure it would go alot higher.

[spoil] I'm seeing alot of multible bountys on one person. I'm just wondering if they all pay out at the same time or get completed one by one? (I know this would be better to ask on the beta forums but its not loading for me atm)[/spoil]

omqdi09vzdnuogkey65.png

22k is the highest. ;)

I think it gets payed out all at once.

DeletedUser

Geld? What geld is that tab? Are we supposed to use gold nuggets perhaps? And then Sabotage... Betrug... What's that? Then a "distance" tab... Geez I thought it would be simple, you see some posters, win a duel, collect money and go away.
That on the screenshot looks too complicated.

Noobmic

@JokerTM maybe you have more tabs for ordering by Distance, Gold (that you receive), dueling level.

I don't get dueled too much (only noobs that don't read my profile), but when someone will try I have 150k gold in bank ready to be spent :D

DeletedUser

really? i dont think that looks complicated at all

distance tab - probably shows the closest bounties to your location

geld(money) - from the looks it shows the highest cash bounties

duelstufe(dueling level) - more than likely will show the highest dueling level bounties

i am looking forward to seeing this in world 12, even tho my soldier really doesnt need the money it still could be interesting

DeletedUser

The sheriff/bounty should be a great features ,it provides an outlet for all the workers/victims/anyone to get back at their attackers,should be fun.

The fort features again anything that enhance fort battles is welcome as they have become the central focus of the game for many players.

The trading ,that one in theory is nice but i have reservations on it,1st you cannot any of the of the "good stuff" which makes trading rather pointless.2nd, it comes with a very heavy bagage: eventual inventory limit.Frankly if I cant trade what I really want to trade(that includes named weapons and everything else i feel like trading) and at the same time cannot keep the items that I have spend ages collecting,then this trading is not worth it.No benefits to me whatsoever,just bad consequences.

Overall,looks good,but the trading business i am not sure i am too crazy about it.

DeletedUser

Geld? What geld is that tab? Are we supposed to use gold nuggets perhaps? And then Sabotage... Betrug... What's that? Then a "distance" tab... Geez I thought it would be simple, you see some posters, win a duel, collect money and go away.
That on the screenshot looks too complicated.

Well, it's in german, that makes it always look more complicated than it is.

Geld = money => bounties sorted by money
Sabotage and betrug are just nonsense "reasons" you can add when you place a bounty on someone, just ingore it.
Distance = sort bounties by distance

Seriously, it couldn't be easier. :p

Someone said on the beta forum that 12 new quest id's were added in this new update.

That's right. :)

The sheriff/bounty should be a great features ,it provides an outlet for all the workers/victims/anyone to get back at their attackers,should be fun.

The fort features again anything that enhance fort battles is welcome as they have become the central focus of the game for many players.

The trading ,that one in theory is nice but i have reservations on it,1st you cannot any of the of the "good stuff" which makes trading rather pointless.2nd, it comes with a very heavy bagage: eventual inventory limit.Frankly if I cant trade what I really want to trade(that includes named weapons and everything else i feel like trading) and at the same time cannot keep the items that I have spend ages collecting,then this trading is not worth it.No benefits to me whatsoever,just bad consequences.

Overall,looks good,but the trading business i am not sure i am too crazy about it.

There won't come an inventory limit, maybe, but I don't think it'll happen, there'd be a speed bonus for people with a smaller inventory, but no negative bonusses or hard caps.

DeletedUser

I must agree here. If you can only trade products and standard gear, then the trading feature is fairly pointless. Well, you can sell/buy items needed to complete quests, that the buyer can't get themselves, but that's about it. blegh

DeletedUser

Seriously, it couldn't be easier. :p
I'm not so sure...
Anyay some ppl were saying it could be abused... Dunno how...
Can I put a bounty on my head? If that's possible, that would definetly be an abuse, I just note the person to come and duel me to collect the money I wanna give away.