Bandits Hideout and Named Guns

• Thread starter VaSh-The Stampede
  • Start date

Shall the below idea about Bandits Hideout & named guns be passed to the Developers?

• Yes,

Votes: 25 89.3%
  • No,

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

i guess the people who voted it needs fine tuning should get in the thread and post what do they want to get changed?

Deleted User - 1278415

I guess my issues are

You have 4 hours to register the fight(between 3:59 PM(time server) - 7:59 PM(time server).

Im never a big fan of designated time events. I'd suggest a declared battle. Just like forts... maybe even no buy in cost since no one will own the hideout.

The attackers will be in blue and will be normal players . The defenders will be in red and will be NPC’s .

Think you have this backwards. Blue is traditionally the defenders and Red is the Aggressor attackers

Who will be playing NPC?

Currently all npc in this game are volunteer driven... with exception the npc duels. So this would fall into a Games Mastered event setup.

the Hideout VA concept...

I dislike it because while it looks great... but I would suggest it needs more openness.. I see the defenders (NPC Reds) can just fill the holes and block the zones. Movement... what are the defined zones and how do you move about the map.
From a tactical standpoint the Blues (actual players) will have a really hard go at trying to go through these tunnels if you have several big Health Solider with 3000 health in your way.

Why not use a bandits house (similar to a fort box) vs not using a cave/dungeon.

DeletedUser25233

Sounds good. As a newbie myself, I can say I'd be keen for my first foray into fort battles to be in something like your bandit's hideout. Sounds less confrontational than with real people (I've actually got no problem with that - once both me and my opponent know the score, i.e. how the fort battle is run and plays out, but until then...), and has the chance of a reward that might even tempt experienced players.

DeletedUser

I guess my issues are

You have 4 hours to register the fight(between 3:59 PM(time server) - 7:59 PM(time server).

Im never a big fan of designated time events. I'd suggest a declared battle. Just like forts... maybe even no buy in cost since no one will own the hideout.

The attackers will be in blue and will be normal players . The defenders will be in red and will be NPC’s .

Think you have this backwards. Blue is traditionally the defenders and Red is the Aggressor attackers

Who will be playing NPC?

Currently all npc in this game are volunteer driven... with exception the npc duels. So this would fall into a Games Mastered event setup.

the Hideout VA concept...

I dislike it because while it looks great... but I would suggest it needs more openness.. I see the defenders (NPC Reds) can just fill the holes and block the zones. Movement... what are the defined zones and how do you move about the map.
From a tactical standpoint the Blues (actual players) will have a really hard go at trying to go through these tunnels if you have several big Health Solider with 3000 health in your way.

Why not use a bandits house (similar to a fort box) vs not using a cave/dungeon.

I edited the look of the bandit hideout. Now, instead of rooms, is like a fort box.
Check out and tell me if it's okey:
Map without players
Map with players

The hideout will be in the desert area, and will be looking something like this:
Bandits hideout spot

Noticed the quest giver near the hideout symbol? That guy will give you a quest where you have to pass him out(he will be strong as hell). After passing him out you can register to the battle. So, it's like a declared battle with no costs.

Do you find it better now goodfeather?

And i think that it's really easy to do this... why? Because they have the fort battles datas and they can copy to make the bandits hideout. It's not really a hard thing to do. It's like a normal fort battle but the defenders are npc and you don't have to pay T.T to fight... and you can get a nice reward.

DeletedUser

I am going to vote no as long as there is a CONSTANT time requirement. This means that the time never changes. If you do this there will be people who will never be able to do it. I would get rid of time requirements or change them so they are random times on Saturday. Or go with the fort fighting like way that good feather suggested.

Deleted User - 1278415

And i think that it's really easy to do this... why? Because they have the fort battles datas and they can copy to make the bandits hideout. It's not really a hard thing to do. It's like a normal fort battle but the defenders are npc and you don't have to pay T.T to fight... and you can get a nice reward.

My only issue is with the NPC's do they just stand there and take a load of shots? Do they move? are the controlled by someone? In this game there are not any NPC's that are computer driven with exception to the Duels.

So this would be a Games Mastered event that NP's would be controlled by the volunteer mods. Which isnt the easiest thing to pull off.

DeletedUser

thats going to hard.

you will think i am crazy but, how about towns control hide out just like fort and they build and someone comes and declare attack
and defenders come to defend and attacker attack the fort after 24hr.
they will be controlled be real person or if offline they can set the target.
1 town = 1 hideout town can control only one hideout if they own ZERO(0) forts. if they own 1 fort then they cannot own or attack a hide out. members can participate in battle

DeletedUser

Don't like the idea. I think the whole point is that this is against NPC's.

Deleted User - 1278415

I think they should auto move and stuff

Auto move?? well then that becomes either predictable/abuse-able. Example.. every nintendo game that has auto movement you figure out how to beat it and then move around the boss each time and you go to the next level. Same principal here.

You loose the Roleplaying action when you have a random movement on the computer part.

DeletedUser

not random movement:D lets say each guy inside the dungeon moves on his own, searching for targets, once a target is found the cave goes into ,,intruder alert'' phase, and so the boss hides, and is covered by other people, possibly narrow tunnels with minions guarding him.

DeletedUser

you will think i am crazy but, how about towns control hide out just like fort and they build and someone comes and declare attack
and defenders come to defend and attacker attack the fort after 24hr.
they will be controlled be real person or if offline they can set the target.
1 town = 1 hideout town can control only one hideout if they own ZERO(0) forts. if they own 1 fort then they cannot own or attack a hide out. members can participate in battle

good feature what you think about this is it to much work?
Vulturas give your feed back on it.

Deleted User - 1278415

I like the named guns part of this... as for the bandits hideout... that is too similar to the fort idea and while it is different... I see that it takes away from people attending fort battles to do bandits hideouts... and if your doing a bandits hideout then your fort is attacked... it just detracts and makes too much going on.

Especially if you have an NPC volunteer as mentioned before... it wouldnt be done on every world. We would need to double triple our volunteer staff.. so im against that idea.

as for a town running the bandits hidout, that just makes it a fort.

back to named guns if you can spin this idea to have bounty hunts from the Sheriffs office to make the following missions and have a possible drop.

That would make me interested in doing bounty hunting... which was hinted at in the roadmap.

Reward:

What will be the reward ? Legendary guns ! After successfully finishing
the dungeon the bounty hunt you will get experience points depending on the damage and passed-out NPCs and for the survivors they will have a 5% chance to get a legendary gun. The first one to get on the treasure symbol will have a higher chance to get it, around 8%.
Legendary guns and where do they drop:

-Level 1 (20-39) Corvinus' Harquebus; Patrick's Rifle
-Level 2 (40-59) Thompson's Musket; John's Shotgun
-Level 3 (60-79) Jefferson's Percussion Rifle; Ferguson's Breech-loader
-Level 4 (80-99) Ferguson's Breech-loader; Browning's Winchester

DeletedUser

Proposal

Reward:
What will be the reward ? Legendary guns ! After successfully finishing the dungeon you will get experience points depending on the damage and passed-out NPCs and for the survivors they will have a 5% chance to get a legendary gun. The first one to get on the treasure symbol will have a higher chance to get it, around 8%.
Legendary guns and where do they drop:
-Level 1 (20-39) Corvinus' Harquebus; Patrick's Rifle
-Level 2 (40-59) Thompson's Musket; John's Shotgun
-Level 3 (60-79) Jefferson's Percussion Rifle; Ferguson's Breech-loader
-Level 4 (80-99) Ferguson's Breech-loader; Browning's Winchester

Only fort weapons?:-/ Why not some other items too, not all of us like going to forts

DeletedUser

good feature what you think about this is it to much work?
Vulturas give your feed back on it.

I agree with msingh, kinda crazy and abuse-prone. In one way if the hideouts are player owned, they get interesting if both players are serious, but in the other way, the hideout commander*player* can help the attacker to ambush the boss easily, and game over. That'd make the game too easy, there should be some sort of NPC control>.>

DeletedUser

My only issue is with the NPC's do they just stand there and take a load of shots? Do they move? are the controlled by someone? In this game there are not any NPC's that are computer driven with exception to the Duels.

So this would be a Games Mastered event that NP's would be controlled by the volunteer mods. Which isnt the easiest thing to pull off.

Do offline participants in a fort battle move? Yes. Take damage? Yes. Shoot? Yes.

Guess what, the participant is offline, so the character is obviously controlled by the game...