Bandits Hideout and Named Guns

• Thread starter VaSh-The Stampede
  • Start date

Shall the below idea about Bandits Hideout & named guns be passed to the Developers?

• Yes,

Votes: 25 89.3%
  • No,

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

ye i understand - you could even use the npc duels as part of a questline

DeletedUser

You are right b00k .
What about : the chance for a normal item to drop in the dugeon is 1% for passed-out players and 5% for living players . The first one to get in the treasure symbol has a 1% of getting a named gun and for the others that didn't reached the symbol first there is a 0,10% chance . The passed-out players won't have any chance to get it .

Is this better?

DeletedUser

Maybe a little low. tbh... Maybe I'm just thinking wrong today though.

Normal drops 10% living, 2% for pass outs. First to the symbol has a 3% chance of a named gun, others 1%

Honestly, they will probably figure out the drop rates themselves. The idea is good, and I could see this one actually getting implemented.

DeletedUser11353

I like this idea very much and would love to see it in game but it seems very complicated to implement though. Considering forts aren't finished yet(fort shops), devs probably wouldn't started doing this project until that is finished. Anyway, we'll see what others have to say and if everything goes well, I think we could move this to Development Discussions soon. :)http://forum.the-west.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32

DeletedUser

please for the love of god can we please get something cool like this put into the game?

DeletedUser

Thanks alot Cro Sharpshooter . Please more people to vote :razz: .

Diggo11

I must say I am very impressed by this idea, and I've seen quite a few in the past eighteen months ;) A few comments:
  • Depending on the number of battles and participants, the server may not be so "friendly" if it has ten NPC battles plus other player battles running all at the same time. I would consider chopping the levels down to three, 25-49, 50-74 and 75-99.
  • It may be a good idea to make the glowing weapons with vastly better bonuses instead of better damage, in fact having bonuses at all beats anything :p You probably wouldn't care so much if I gave away a walking stick once a week, however there'd be riots if I gave away a glowing Buntline every week, yet both would have a similar enhancing effect.
  • You may want to change your maps a bit to involve more of the team. Having everyone run down one corridor will only result in every player hiding in the corner to try be last one to "go over the top"and run at the treasure chest.

DeletedUser

I must say I am very impressed by this idea, and I've seen quite a few in the past eighteen months ;) A few comments:
  • Depending on the number of battles and participants, the server may not be so "friendly" if it has ten NPC battles plus other player battles running all at the same time. I would consider chopping the levels down to three, 25-49, 50-74 and 75-99.
  • It may be a good idea to make the glowing weapons with vastly better bonuses instead of better damage, in fact having bonuses at all beats anything :p You probably wouldn't care so much if I gave away a walking stick once a week, however there'd be riots if I gave away a glowing Buntline every week, yet both would have a similar enhancing effect.
  • You may want to change your maps a bit to involve more of the team. Having everyone run down one corridor will only result in every player hiding in the corner to try be last one to "go over the top"and run at the treasure chest.

I think damage and the bonus is nicer still. However, instead of raising the complete damage of the guns, I'd propose to alter the minimum damage.

For example the Precise Winchester:

Damage now: 200 - 312

1) 312-200 = 112
2) 112/2 = 56
3) 200+56 = 256
4) The new fancy winchester damage: 256 - 312

That, plus a fort bonus, and I think you've got a very nice fancy gun, which doesn't take away the balance. :)

DeletedUser

Thanks for everyone who contribuited . Can this be moved to the Development & Discussions asap ?
Thanks again .

DeletedUser

This is a very very good idea.Will make the game more realistic...
You wrote a lot ...I hope to implement :).

sorry for my english...

DeletedUser15747

wow some really clever brain power behind this idea! Great, I love it!

Good time, weekend when most peopl have the most time, good chance of getting better guns, open to many levels...
It includes good stuff to be honest.

Take to vote I say devs... This idea was posted 3 days ago and look how much people have commented already :)

DeletedUser

Well thought out and a very good idea.....the game needs extra challenges......you got my vote...........:)

DeletedUser

I like the idea in general, but I think it still needs a fair amount of work. I agree with Diggo that the map that you posted wouldn't work very well. There just isn't room to move around much.

The problem you will run across with this idea, is if provide more room for movement, then you will need to have the NPC move as well, otherwise it will likely be too easy. But, then you'll need to get into the issue of AI programming.

So, I like the idea in principle, but I think there are some difficulties in figuring out what exactly the battle would look like.

DeletedUser

I like the idea in general, but I think it still needs a fair amount of work. I agree with Diggo that the map that you posted wouldn't work very well. There just isn't room to move around much.

The problem you will run across with this idea, is if provide more room for movement, then you will need to have the NPC move as well, otherwise it will likely be too easy. But, then you'll need to get into the issue of AI programming.

So, I like the idea in principle, but I think there are some difficulties in figuring out what exactly the battle would look like.

Hmm ... that map was a picture found on google and edited , so it looked like a dungeon . It is pretty hard to do one by yourself with very low skill at drawing :unsure: . However , i'm sure Dev will find the best way to do it .. maybe more rooms , like in a MMORPG dungeon .. you know what i'm saying :razz: .

Hmm , Diggo i'm going to edit my first post a.s.a.p.

DeletedUser

Brilliant idea, very well thought out!
Gives something additional to do, opens up a new selection of guns, rather than new weapons or items.
I like the Diggo/bever idea of raising the min damage done by guns rather than overpowering new ones and adding bonuses would makes them useful to players who do few (or no) fort battles too.

I'd like to see one (maybe one of the higher ones) give a decent Hiding bonus too :razz: As a FF build, depending on your build, Hiding can be a harder one to boost.