accept/decline duels

how annoying is randomly being duelled to you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Again, not a penalty. A penalty is something bad happening. Simply not gaining as much for your efforts in taking what other people have spent hours or even days working for is not a penalty. For that matter, it is a penalty for all other (except maybe a soldier class I believe) to pick anything but dueler class.
Then it seems the whole game would be nothing but dueling.
All the other classes have to try and obtain things not within their class per sey but still, they are burdened with the quest (s).
The whole argument is moot inasmuch as duelers think they are right and all others think they are correct.
So, just agree to disagree. I seriously doubt InnoGames is going to change anything.

SRS? I earnt more cash and exp in W1 with a builder character in 8 hours work then I can earn in a week from a dueler. This cash and exp can obviously be used to purchase much better equipment and at a higher level then your standard dueler can either afford or equip. Now if weapons / dueling gear went by dueler level then I could understand you complaining, as it doesn't then builders / adventurers have the advantage of being able to earn a lot more from jobs then your normal dueler and be a higher level.

As far as the bolded part goes, pray enlighten me as to how a builder would be better off picking dueling class? Have you actually thought about this?

I don't know if theres anyway to search so I'll ask, have you actually played as a dueler? I've played as everything but soldier so far and my dueler is by far the hardest to level and earn cash for.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The whole argument is moot inasmuch as duelers think they are right and all others think they are correct.
So, just agree to disagree. I seriously doubt InnoGames is going to change anything.

Again, there is no simple resolution but to accept what Inno has created and deal with it.
Have not said anything to you about how hard a class is.
No, have not played a dueler. Don't care for the whole mentality of the character. And before that gets anyone going, that is not intended to say anything about anyone that is dueler only that I do not care for it personally.

DeletedUser

Random Dueling is a massive part of the game...random dueling is a lot of what makes the town spirit what it is...there would some serious disadvantages if random dueling was removed.

Besides players who build themselves as duelists have one advantage...they are good at duels...The are not so good at completing quests or as good at building towns...

Why should town builders (including me) or adventurers whinge about being dueled when it was their choice not to be a duelist and take the other advantages on offer...if you don't like it you should start moving your stats to defend yourself better...rings of having your cake and eating it to me.

Random battles also serve a huge part of building a towns communication levels, friendships between town members etc by adventurers appeal for ation against specific targets etc.

Perhaps a solution would be a warning that you are being dueled via message, if you click the 'avoid duel' button while the duels 10 minutes is in progress you can 'dodge the duel' if your offline or not paying attention then tough luck...

DeletedUser

On a sidenote: I hate that expression; "Having your cake, and eat it too":
If I am going to have a cake, I am bloody well going to eat it as well!

ANyways, I'm glad to see some non-duelers speaking up against this endless whine. :)

DeletedUser

It might be sensible to extend the time between duels when attacking lower ranked players from the 1 hour to say 3 hours...stops bullying and farming and would encourage some duelists to be more courageous in their target selection...

DeletedUser

Oh you could well be right, but what your not doing is attempting to look at both sides of the arguement. As follows:

Simply not gaining as much for your efforts in taking what other people have spent hours or even days working for is not a penalty.

So if duelers are to earn less money then so should everyone or you upset the balance of the game against a certain class. How about if I was to say that motivation for everyone but duelers should fall 100% faster? Would you be happy with that? That is effectively reducing the money anyone else could earn.

Again, there is no simple resolution but to accept what Inno has created and deal with it.

Your the one moaning about ways to nerf duelers. So please don't try and make it look like I'm dragging this on when you no longer have valid arguements, if you truly thought that you wouldn't have come on here and moaned about duelers.

Have not said anything to you about how hard a class is. No, have not played a dueler.

No you haven't but you've come on here moaning about how duelers should get less cash/exp for dueling anyone but other duelers without ever having played as a dueler, I've played both sides and trust me when I say its harder to earn and level as a dueler without nerfing the cash/exp gains. I simply enjoy the dueling.

Perhaps a solution would be a warning that you are being dueled via message, if you click the 'avoid duel' button while the duels 10 minutes is in progress you can 'dodge the duel' if your offline or not paying attention then tough luck...

then it simply comes down to activity and who can sit online for 14 hours whilst they are working out at jobs.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You say it comes down to activity...largely it does...the present system relies largely on activty to become a better player...

The ability to avoid a duel would be a perk for active non-duelists...inactive non-duelists who get dueled surely cannoty complain...

Also players thinking straight should realise several things...

Everyone knows when you are offline you risk being duelled/farmed if you're carrying cash...soooo bank your money before going offline...or as near as you can to going offline then the risks are minimal.

Secondly those wishing to avoid offline duels can queue 2 sleeps back to back...you effectively put yourself as an untargeable character for 16 hours then...and you can cancel again when you log back in the next day.

Thirdly non duelists should realise the benefits of being KOd...you get 48 hours of peace loving non fearing immunity from duels...if your that concerned about being duelled when offline why not find a 'friend' in a nearby town who you can arrange to KO you at arranged times every 48 hours...therefore your losses are nil because you planned it...your friend gets some easy xp...and you get 48 hours immunity...

What i'm saying is there are lots of ways to stop people dueling you if you don't want them too...but only if your actually active...if you dont play except weekends then those more committed players deserve to benefit from your lack of enthuiasm

DeletedUser

The ability to avoid a duel would be a perk for active non-duelists...
It would be a HUGE perk for active duelers as well.
I mean, you could just duel down to near death, then set option to "decline all duels", thus be home free!

Thirdly non duelists should realise the benefits of being KOd...you get 48 hours of peace loving non fearing immunity from duels...if your that concerned about being duelled when offline why not find a 'friend' in a nearby town who you can arrange to KO you at arranged times every 48 hours...therefore your losses are nil because you planned it...your friend gets some easy xp...and you get 48 hours immunity...
That's a cheap exploit, but it does work.

DeletedUser

Furry,
You're just looking to argue. whatever. You're right, anyone that disagrees with you is wrong. Ok. Now, are you happy?
There was not whining in there, it's conversation.

You are trying to pick apart and put together and reexamine repeatedly the same arguments or disagreements.

Fundamentally, I would say that you have lost your validity as to arguing which is why you keep going at the same thing.

My statement is simple and basically concurs with duelers are their class and feel they are right. As are adventurists, etc.

Let it go. Call it a day. Inno is not changing anything so there again it is a moot point.

DeletedUser

Furry,
You're just looking to argue. whatever. You're right, anyone that disagrees with you is wrong. Ok. Now, are you happy?
There was not whining in there, it's conversation.

You are trying to pick apart and put together and reexamine repeatedly the same arguments or disagreements.

Fundamentally, I would say that you have lost your validity as to arguing which is why you keep going at the same thing.

My statement is simple and basically concurs with duelers are their class and feel they are right. As are adventurists, etc.

Let it go. Call it a day. Inno is not changing anything so there again it is a moot point.

:laugh:

You came on here to moan and cry about how duelers should be nerfed.

I am trying to point out to you that you cannot simply want duelers to be nerfed without proposing a balancing changes to the other classes.

You cannot argue that point which is why you have changed your tone and are now saying we must simply accept Innogame's changes, when orginally you were moaning about duelers.

Explain where I lost my validity please, rather then making off the cuff statements. Also btw no one is forcing you to post in this thread, everytime you answer you are simply making yourself out to be a blatant hipocrit as YOU keep saying to let it go, but you are not letting it go. Example of "Do as I say, not as I do."

Can you deny the following points:

1) By making duelers less effective at dueling both workers (50%) and adventurers (75%) you would reduce a duelers income and exp gains.

2) This would cause balancing issues favouring all classes other then duelers.

3) You have made no proposals to counter this balancing issue.

Simple comeback would be that duelers are over powered. If you believe that is so please explain how and why you think that.

DeletedUser

the main problem i see with this thing about accepting the duel is the time issue.

say for example at 4.00 server time dueler X duels builder Y. However Y is not playing atm. It could take Y 2 hours or even 2 days to accept or decline. by this time X might not have enough energy or not have enough motivation.

people could also coordinate this. if X has challenged every player in a certain town when everyone in that town is ready they could all coordinate it so that they all started dueling X at the same time. This could KO X. that's a bit unfair.

Diggo11

This poll is rigged. I actually LIKE random duelling, sometimes I win but other times I lose. Yet whoever inserted this assumes that no-one would like it.

DeletedUser

Accept/deny options are simply unusable. The duellers have cried enough that we'll never have an option for non-fighter classes to check a little box that says they can't duel (which would work both ways). Duellers also can't stand the thought of being limited to classes that can actually fight back, so the idea of a penalty for fighting non-duellers is out.

That just leaves one option, which I'm beginningto think is the best one: Do away with workers and adventurers. Think about it. Those classes earn bonuses for their income. They make $33, then a dueller comes and takes $11. Now they've made $22 for, say, two hours of work. But a dueller who does a little honest labour can easly make more than $22 on the same job for the same amount of time. So what's the advantage? The worker/adventurer class, in retrospect, makes LESS than a dueller/soldier at any given job. The worker earns a bit more EXP in building, but that takes money, which he's penalised in. No advantage to being a worker there. And the adventurer gets a bonus for items, but that generally just pays for the money he loses to the duellers, thus cancelling out the advantage.

Don't get me wrong, if my characters could actually fight (but silly me, I tried to play within my class), then I'd have no problems with constant duelling, and most others would feel the same. But then, if I could fight, then the duellers wouldn't be targetting me. And therefore any advantage given to the worker/adventurer that protects them would cancel out the percieved advantage of the dueller (i.e. to steal from weaker players so he doesn't have to actually duel with a dueller). Even the notion of having a chatacter targetted for a duel (regardless of class) automatially change into his best defense gear if the player's not online would remove the advantage duellers and soldiers hav over the other classes, inadvertantly balancing the game and therefore ruining the whole point of being a combat class.

If I ever join another world (five's a little much, though, so six isn't likely), I'm going dueller and pretending the non-combat classes don't even exist. They're only good for farming anyway.

DeletedUser

Duellers also can't stand the thought of being limited to classes that can actually fight back, so the idea of a penalty for fighting non-duellers is out.
Your assumptions are faulty, and unfair. Time and time agian it is pointed out that plenty of people duel as adventurers and workers. Is it fair that duelers and soldiers recieve penalites when they retaliate against these?

Further, an active dueler will quickly get such an amount of duel experience that he only will be able to get worthwhile experience out of fights with targets that are HIGHLY capable of defending themselves.

Do away with workers and adventurers. Think about it. Those classes earn bonuses for their income. They make $33, then a dueller comes and takes $11. Now they've made $22 for, say, two hours of work. But a dueller who does a little honest labour can easly make more than $22 on the same job for the same amount of time. So what's the advantage? The worker/adventurer class, in retrospect, makes LESS than a dueller/soldier at any given job

Come on! Now you are beeing ridicules. You are assuming EVERY worker/adventurer gets robbed for 1/3 of his money EACH day. Smart people visits the bank often when doing high cash jobs, besides, soldiers and duelers gets robbed as well.

The worker earns a bit more EXP in building, but that takes money, which he's penalised in.
THe worker doesn't have to spend his own money to build in town, and he recieves 5% bonus xp on all jobs, not just construction.

And the adventurer gets a bonus for items, but that generally just pays for the money he loses to the duellers, thus cancelling out the advantage.
That adventurer may very well USE the items he finds OR hide in the hotel whilst he sells it. I see no possible way any dueler could rob an adventurer of the worth of his items.
Other than the adventurer beeing plain stupid.

Don't get me wrong, if my characters could actually fight
So we are finally at the core of the matter.

Even the notion of having a chatacter targetted for a duel (regardless of class) automatially change into his best defense gear if the player's not online would remove the advantage duellers and soldiers hav over the other classes, inadvertantly balancing the game and therefore ruining the whole point of being a combat class.
Err, so this wouldn't force alot of adventurers and workers to stop working on what they were working on in order to force them into duel def wear?
Exactly wich advantage do we have?

Workers and adventurers have had EVERY chance to spec the same way as us. They choose not to. If you choose to be a pure trader, or builer, then you will get your ass handed to you. If you choose to excell within a single field then you must realize you will suffer in other areas. SOldiers and duelers excell at dueling, but you do not see them construct ranchhouses, or build railroad stations at lvl 14! Neither do you see them mine silver at lvl 17, or hunt bears at a fairly early stage. Whenever you choose one thing you want to be good at, you also choose several that you will be bad at.

Thus I conclude this by asking; Why is it so hard to fathom that one can NOT excell within all fields?

DeletedUser

Great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree to your idea. I think it SHOULD be included in the game! ;)

DeletedUser

:laugh:

You came on here to moan and cry about how duelers should be nerfed.

I am trying to point out to you that you cannot simply want duelers to be nerfed without proposing a balancing changes to the other classes.

You cannot argue that point which is why you have changed your tone and are now saying we must simply accept Innogame's changes, when orginally you were moaning about duelers.

Explain where I lost my validity please, rather then making off the cuff statements. Also btw no one is forcing you to post in this thread, everytime you answer you are simply making yourself out to be a blatant hipocrit as YOU keep saying to let it go, but you are not letting it go. Example of "Do as I say, not as I do."

Can you deny the following points:

1) By making duelers less effective at dueling both workers (50%) and adventurers (75%) you would reduce a duelers income and exp gains.

2) This would cause balancing issues favouring all classes other then duelers.

3) You have made no proposals to counter this balancing issue.

Simple comeback would be that duelers are over powered. If you believe that is so please explain how and why you think that.

Furry, let me help you out just a little.
I have not changed my tone. There comes a point that one realizes that argument without gain is pointless and suggests ignorance. No one is going to win this argument, therefore, why continue in it?
The balance is what was created and that is that. You and I and all the others on this site are players not programmers (at least, not in this particular game)
Your continued objectionable responses suggests that you cannot continue in a discussion without derogatory remarks.

I no where in my statements used profanity or remarks that somehow suggest that I am superior to you yet you have now come back 2 times doing just that. (at least 2 x's)

I even conceded to you and your debate and still, you are not happy.

There have been several valid arguments/ positions that show insight and intelligence, and well meaning thought; Between you and I, we have simply lowered the over-all aspect of this whole debate. This has almost become personal and really, it'll never come to fruition. This is why I suggest to agree to disagree and call it a day. You know, quiet discontent.

Who cares. Really. I do not. Eventually I will tire of this and move to something that is worth my time (and money).

Slow down on the caffeine and relax. It's all fun until somebody gets hurt.

Have a really wonderful day/night (whichever applies) and will hope for the best.

CC

DeletedUser

Furry, let me help you out just a little.
I have not changed my tone. There comes a point that one realizes that argument without gain is pointless and suggests ignorance. No one is going to win this argument, therefore, why continue in it?
The balance is what was created and that is that. You and I and all the others on this site are players not programmers (at least, not in this particular game)
Your continued objectionable responses suggests that you cannot continue in a discussion without derogatory remarks. Where?

I no where in my statements used profanity or remarks that somehow suggest that I am superior to you yet you have now come back 2 times doing just that. (at least 2 x's) Where?

I even conceded to you and your debate and still, you are not happy.

There have been several valid arguments/ positions that show insight and intelligence, and well meaning thought; Between you and I, we have simply lowered the over-all aspect of this whole debate. This has almost become personal and really, it'll never come to fruition. This is why I suggest to agree to disagree and call it a day. You know, quiet discontent.Again imply I have personally insulted you, again I ask where?

Who cares. Really. I do not. Eventually I will tire of this and move to something that is worth my time (and money).Then as I have said before stop posting, no one is forcing you to, you are simply showing yourself as a hipocrit.

Slow down on the caffeine and relax. It's all fun until somebody gets hurt. 1. I don't drink anything with caffeine in. 2. I am relaxed. 3. So you ***** about me insulting you, then attempt to do the same thing to me. Hipocrit much?

Have a really wonderful day/night (whichever applies) and will hope for the best. :huh:

CC

Bolded parts.

DeletedUser

Your assumptions are faulty, and unfair. Time and time agian it is pointed out that plenty of people duel as adventurers and workers. Is it fair that duelers and soldiers recieve penalites when they retaliate against these?

Actually, it was sarcasm, not an assumption. All I see are fighters complaining because non-fighters don't want to fight (ironic that a non-fighter would wish to be a non-fighter) and non-fighters complaining that they're being forced to fight. I don't think it fair that non-fighters are forced to recieve a penalty for being attacked repeatedly because they want to actually play within their class. Hence the imbalance in the system. Penalise the dueller, and they think it unfair. Don't penalise them and the non-fighters are automatically penalised.

Further, an active dueler will quickly get such an amount of duel experience that he only will be able to get worthwhile experience out of fights with targets that are HIGHLY capable of defending themselves.

But if the non-fighters are forced to spend all their points and money on defense, then just when do they stop being profitable targets for the fighters? They'll always remain on the hit list simply because they're forced to be a fighter or have to live townless and thus spend more on equipment than anyone else in te game (outside of people in isolated towns).

Come on! Now you are beeing ridicules. You are assuming EVERY worker/adventurer gets robbed for 1/3 of his money EACH day. Smart people visits the bank often when doing high cash jobs, besides, soldiers and duelers gets robbed as well.

Smart people who are on constantly. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a lot of problems with being robbed. However, I also don't have a tonne of time to sit around and pop into the bank immediately after every job. I set up my jobs and then go about my business in real life, coming back hours or even a day or two later, depending on what time I have.

Banking isn't about being smart, its about being available. I think the vast majority of complaints from non-fighters come from the simple fact that they are not on to bank their money when they're attacked.

THe worker doesn't have to spend his own money to build in town, and he recieves 5% bonus xp on all jobs, not just construction.

True, but you're forgeting the equipment he needs to be an effective builder. I only have one worker, and he relies heavily upon money to buy his clothing. My adventurers usually find what they need, but they don't get the worker's bonuses. For a worker to be effective, he must do plenty of jobs and spend the majority of his money on clothes. It's up to the rest of the town to pay for construction, but it's up to the builder to pay for the labour points.

That adventurer may very well USE the items he finds OR hide in the hotel whilst he sells it. I see no possible way any dueler could rob an adventurer of the worth of his items.
Other than the adventurer beeing plain stupid.

Or the player isn't online. If I'm gone for 12 hours and want to hide in a hotel, I'll have to give up working and live in the hotel. That or buy premium so I can work AND spend two job slots in the hotel while I'm off dealing with RL work and family.

Don't get me wrong, if my characters could actually fight
So we are finally at the core of the matter.

Hardly. All of my characters live in heavily-guarded towns that have a strong network of allies. I get hit once or twice a week by some poor fool whose town then suffers for his mistake. But it is true that most of my characters can't fight. I've initiated one or two duels with my best char, but only against duellers who have attacked our town. But as I play non-fighter classes, I actually try to focus on being those classes and thus don't work on duelling skills unless they're needed for a job. And let's not even get into the notion that I'd wear defensive gear all day long just in case... So how could I expect anyone else to?

No, I'm quite safe from the flawed duelling system. But that doesn't mean the problem isn't there and I don't feel obligated to try and help find a solution that's acceptable by everyone.

Err, so this wouldn't force alot of adventurers and workers to stop working on what they were working on in order to force them into duel def wear?
Exactly wich advantage do we have?
fighters have the advantage of higher duelling skills. A person chooses to be a worker becuase he wants to work, not because he wants to fight agaisnt a class designed for fighting. Thus he's at a disavantage.

And as for stopping work, that's what he's expected to do as it is. However, I was speaking of an automatic clothes change if he's not on. It wouldn't stop him working on whateer job he's doing at the time, although it may stop queued jobs, I'll grant that.

Workers and adventurers have had EVERY chance to spec the same way as us. They choose not to. If you choose to be a pure trader, or builer, then you will get your ass handed to you. If you choose to excell within a single field then you must realize you will suffer in other areas. SOldiers and duelers excell at dueling, but you do not see them construct ranchhouses, or build railroad stations at lvl 14! Neither do you see them mine silver at lvl 17, or hunt bears at a fairly early stage. Whenever you choose one thing you want to be good at, you also choose several that you will be bad at.

But isn't this the heart of the problem? I'm sure if all the fighters were told "you've had every chance to pump all your duelling points into trading" and that it's their fault they're not good traders, they'd throw a royal fit. The whole point of a non-fighter is to excel at things that aren't fighting. The point of a fighter is to excel at fighting. But this entire thread has been saying that a non-fighter must excel in fighting or it's their own fault they're easy targets. Which again brings up the thought that it's pointless tohave non-combat classes with this mentality dictating the continuation ofan imbalance in gameplay.

Thus I conclude this by asking; Why is it so hard to fathom that one can NOT excell within all fields?

I only wish I knew. I'm trying my best to point that very question out and ram it into so many narrow minds. A non-fighter should not be expected to excel at fighting and be told it's their fault if they don't. The system needs to somehow be balanced to reflect this or someone will always be the underdog, be it fighter or non-fighter.

DeletedUser

But isn't this the heart of the problem? I'm sure if all the fighters were told "you've had every chance to pump all your duelling points into trading" and that it's their fault they're not good traders, they'd throw a royal fit. The whole point of a non-fighter is to excel at things that aren't fighting. The point of a fighter is to excel at fighting. But this entire thread has been saying that a non-fighter must excel in fighting or it's their own fault they're easy targets. Which again brings up the thought that it's pointless tohave non-combat classes with this mentality dictating the continuation ofan imbalance in gameplay.

I only wish I knew. I'm trying my best to point that very question out and ram it into so many narrow minds. A non-fighter should not be expected to excel at fighting and be told it's their fault if they don't. The system needs to somehow be balanced to reflect this or someone will always be the underdog, be it fighter or non-fighter.

This is exactly the problem with the system as it is now, the only solution to not getting your butt handed to you in a duel is to pump all of your available skill points into the dueling skills, therefore making you into a dueler even though you want to be a worker or adventurer.

The developers need to make dueling more fair, whether the duel is between 2 dueler class players or any other classes. By allowing the duel initiator to select the opponent from to wide of a range of level deviations and not allowing any chance for the defender to change out items prior to the duel, either with a duel notice system or automatic clothes changes, the duel is to unbalanced in favor of the initiator of the duel.

That’s not to say if changes are made to duels then maybe duelers might need to have their means of making money evaluated. By all means, dueler class player should be able to get cash just like everyone else, but they shouldn’t be able to get it by fleecing workers that are 20+ levels below them in a duel that 99 times out of 100 is a slaughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.