accept/decline duels

how annoying is randomly being duelled to you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

yeah and the fair point is that workers can actually make money. surprisingly

DeletedUser

Your argument is faulty.
Duelers do not spam dusins of thread complaining they can't earn any cash,
and there already IS a fully working system in place to restrict duels.

Duelers might not spam every thread saying they want more money directly, but they do spam every thread that has any idea to change duels with the claim that they won't make as much cash. So it's the same basically the same.

DeletedUser

I think personally, random dueling can mean a number of things and most of the time when someone says it, it means they are being farmed for exp and money ALOT.

Personally, I like to duel. I may lose alot, but I like having fun by dueling people. If thats wrong, forgive me for using one of the many features this game has to offer.

If its annoying, just leave the town. Im sorry, but theres really no other way. They cant attack you when you dont have a town (gota love that).

If your town leaders, whether accidental or on purpose, ticked off another town, its only right that the town who got ticked off gets to duel the other town. Whether or not the members have to suffer, thats up to you all. I personally think they should since they joined the wrong town to begin with lol.

Theres my 10 cents :)

DeletedUser

Duelers might not spam every thread saying they want more money directly, but they do spam every thread that has any idea to change duels with the claim that they won't make as much cash. So it's the same basically the same.

False.
Duelers argue the suggestinos are unfair and unbalanced most of the time.
Do you know why this is?

Because the suggestions usualy are unfair, unbalanced, and hardly thought through at all.

DeletedUser

False.
Duelers argue the suggestinos are unfair and unbalanced most of the time.
Do you know why this is?

Because the suggestions usualy are unfair, unbalanced, and hardly thought through at all.
We do indeed usually complain that we wouldn't make as much cash / exp because as JR says the majority of suggestions are to nerf duelers so that they are less powerful / unable to actual duel.

Some examples.

1)
really, the most annoying thing of this game is the fact that you can't accept or decline duels. heres me merrily doing what I want, when some random nerd duels me. i don't even have a mortician in my town! how the hell did he duel me!?!:mad: I suggest an accept/decline duels button, so when you get challenged, you can click to accept/decline duels. personally i suck at duels :unsure: so this would be a great advantage to you. post if you agree.

No one would ever accept.

2)
As for duels, a player can only request assistance if they are being dueled against; not if they are looking to duel someone! If a player gets someone's assistance, it is referred to as 'duel defense'. This DOES NOT mean that other players cannot challenge that player. What it means is that if they are challenged, then they will only take half the damage and lose half the amount of money they would normally lose in a duel if no one was assisting them at that time. Also, both players would take damage during the duel, but it would be split evenly between those two players. The loss of money, however would not be split. And this protection would only be temporary and would depend on the level of the assisting player.

A sample table is shown below:

Levels 20 to 39-Half an hour of duel defense
Levels 40 to 59-An hour of duel defense
Levels 60 to 79-An hour and a half of duel defense
Levels 80 to 99-Two hours of duel defense

One final note on this: If a player is let's say level 28, then they can request assistance from any player up to 10 levels higher than them. This would be true for all levels of players.

Any comments on this idea would be welcome, as long as they don't cut it down by saying it is dumb or stupid...

So you could effectivly have all workers and adventurers being guarded at all times so no one risks losing anything.

3)
So i'm a builder/worker level 15, doing jobs such as prospecting. there is no warning whatsoever that i am in the process of being Dueled by a player who is the same level but his dueling rank is 2-3 levels above me, (While working a job)

I have nothing against duelers whatsoever, but the mechanics of the dueler seems to be a unfair advantage in this game. There is no way I can go to town and put my money safely in the bank or in town treasury while i'm actually doing a job.... Where i have to work to actually get paid, like any job....

I strongly suggest that that the west staff either removes the ability of being able to duel when someones on the job or perhaps have a distance warning before being dueled (such as a message that a dueler is traveling to you to duel you, you have exactly 30 minutes (or whatever it is) to deposit to bank, town treasury, etc.

I have nothing against duelers, or losing $17, I can make that up in 1 job. But the way it is now if I have $55 in cash and get dueled by 2 people that is a 50% loss and that in my opinion is rediculas when theres no way to defend myself from the dueler, there needs to be some defense mechanics. I know I could just deposit a small amount of cash to the bank or town treasury every couple jobs, but it's pretty annoying having to trouble 10-45 minutes to even get to my town when i could be using that time to do more jobs. I am online 12 hours a day usually and would like to actually spend that time doing jobs and actually playing the game, then having to waste half of my time going to town.

What do others think about this? should there be some restrictions if your in the process of doing a job? such as prospecting?

So again, reduce duelers abilities to duel.

4)
duelists v. duelists only

I think that duelists should only be able to attack other duelists and soldiers...

Reasons:
1. duelists having the power to attack anyone defeats the purpose of distributing points to skills that do not increase your dueling stats
2. constructors suffer the most because we have absolutely no way of defending ourselves and thus are forced to distribute newly gained skill points to ones that increase dueling
3. after doing some close observation i noticed that duelists can make more money and gain more experience in 2 minutes than any other class can in 2 hours

So there would be no point in being a dueler or soldier as any cash would have to be earned by doing jobs.

The above are some of the opening posts on threads about dueleing. All 4 of them want to decrease the ability or effectiveness of duelers. Now can you see why we get upset why people are constantly whining about duelers, how would you feel if duelers were to constantly be complaing about the small amounts of cash we can rob, it should 75% or we should 3 times the amount of exp etc etc.

DeletedUser

I think because of all the flaming and spam I am just going to lock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.