accept/decline duels

how annoying is randomly being duelled to you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

really, the most annoying thing of this game is the fact that you can't accept or decline duels. heres me merrily doing what I want, when some random nerd duels me. i don't even have a mortician in my town! how the hell did he duel me!?!:mad: I suggest an accept/decline duels button, so when you get challenged, you can click to accept/decline duels. personally i suck at duels :unsure: so this would be a great advantage to you. post if you agree.

DeletedUser

It's a fact of the game!
you don't like pvp mmorpg's then don't play them with expectations of never being attacked!

DeletedUser

No one likes it if they lose, like noone likes being kicked by a horse or not finding a gold nugget........but please grow up. read the title of the game you are playing. or would you like to vote on amending that to 'tamewest'. Heck that's too western biased how about 'tameworld'? or 'lameworld'. Try sims you'll love it.

DeletedUser

Now Introducing: Tamewest! Ride in the PG 13 west complete with incredibly polite and authentic* bounty hunters and duelists! Watch the polite and authentic bar women* have nice happy conversations and politely turn down dates. Watch cowboys play games of poker for pride and honor! Form a town with your happy* and authentic* fellow players and form a better tomorrow without violence! Now with 20% more pink!

THE MANLIEST GAME EVER!*

(*= according to the fcc and jack thompson)

DeletedUser

Now Introducing: Tamewest! Ride in the PG 13 west complete with incredibly polite and authentic* bounty hunters and duelists! Watch the polite and authentic bar women* have nice happy conversations and politely turn down dates. Watch cowboys play games of poker for pride and honor! Form a town with your happy* and authentic* fellow players and form a better tomorrow without violence! Now with 20% more pink!

THE MANLIEST GAME EVER!*

(*= according to the fcc and jack thompson)
that's funny :)

DeletedUser

In all honesty I like it as it is, if you don't want to be dueled then your town shouldn't draw attention to itself OR not join a town at all!

DeletedUser

I dont agree with any of the above Im being duelled by a nerd who keeps saying "you should get a weapon" and hes dueling my whole town and hes a dueller and we are all workers! I agree with theDawg!

DeletedUser

This is strange, at least to me. I played TW (Tribal) intensively before this so I am used to this warring business.

To choose not to be dueled??

There is a way - some have found this way out and have used it to their advantage :)

Else perhaps I think was it Talamare or Kevlar who suggested that maybe the devs should create a new character class called Priest in another thread who cannot be dueled and gets negative points for everything to compensate for the inability to duel him. Then Mr Priest can sim-city his way along in this Wild West that we all have town shootouts and loads of fun :winkg:

DeletedUser1105

Yes but it should be enough of a disadvantage to stop them being in the top 100 rankings. If you can be great as Mr Priest, everyone will be doing it.

DeletedUser

GRRRR All....my...hatred....of.....religion...GRRR

That would eventually turn the game into a big game of cops and robbers... But for some reason I don't think that would be too bad of a thing. As a Christian Nazi nobody would be morally able to attack him, but he also would be against the use of guns as well.

If this passes every joe schmoe is gonna yearn for more sim city classes

DeletedUser1105

That is why this option needs to be very disadvantaged in other areas. Yes, you can have your sim city peace loving life, but you will only get half the money, experience and luck as anyone else.

I don't see why this would be a problem for anyone else. It wouldn't effect anyone else's gameplay.

DeletedUser

I dont agree with any of the above Im being duelled by a nerd who keeps saying "you should get a weapon" and hes dueling my whole town and hes a dueller and we are all workers! I agree with theDawg!

use your brain Jrooney! There are ways around being dueled and loosing...

GRRRR All....my...hatred....of.....religion...GRRR

That would eventually turn the game into a big game of cops and robbers... But for some reason I don't think that would be too bad of a thing. As a Christian Nazi nobody would be morally able to attack him, but he also would be against the use of guns as well.

Who says anything about a "christian priest" Historically accurate would be Mormon or Jevovah's Witness... The would be annoying to duel: One would pummel you with his 12 wives, the other would drown you with issues of 'watchtower'

I'm in mind for a Tribal Priest: either celtic druid or native shaman. Heck lets just throw some hare Krishna's and rajnichtze's into the mix:huh:

DeletedUser

rooney your town is suffering because it lacks balance, you need some duellers. it's bad town-management not bad game design.

DeletedUser

use your brain Jrooney! There are ways around being dueled and loosing...

Who says anything about a "christian priest" Historically accurate would be Mormon or Jevovah's Witness... The would be annoying to duel: One would pummel you with his 12 wives, the other would drown you with issues of 'watchtower'

I'm in mind for a Tribal Priest: either celtic druid or native shaman. Heck lets just throw some hare Krishna's and rajnichtze's into the mix:huh:
omg roflcopter
so funny i used l33t sp33ch!
your words are now surrounded in orangey goodness

DeletedUser

Back to the actually idea, no this is a stupid idea, if you can't win a duel how about you just upgrade your dodging or get a better weapon?

DeletedUser

Very BAD idea. It is already well implemented. Right now you can choose if you want to duel or not at all. Of course as in every decision there are tradeoffs. If you do not want to duel (i do not) then you just stay as greenhorn and there are no problems. If you want benefits that other classes are offering then you take a chance of beiing challenged or can challenge yourself.

DeletedUser

Greenhorn protection no longer exists, fyi and as far as declining to duel I have yet to see that option come up. The first indication I get is when I see the report light flashing and the result is posted. Do you love it? The fight is actually over before I even know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.