accept/decline duels

how annoying is randomly being duelled to you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

No one likes it if they lose, like noone likes being kicked by a horse or not finding a gold nugget........but please grow up. read the title of the game you are playing. or would you like to vote on amending that to 'tamewest'. Heck that's too western biased how about 'tameworld'? or 'lameworld'. Try sims you'll love it.
" Couldn't Agree More"

DeletedUser

Apparently being randomly dueled ISNT the most annoying part of the game

DeletedUser

I don't mind "A" duel every now and then. My town in world two currently has a joker dueling our weaker members 5 and 6 times. I'm a worker (lvl 12), not a dueler I've been dueled by Gemelli 6 times. Another of our Adventurers has been dueled 6 times by the same person. One guy left our town after the 4th duel. Stuff like this really makes the "GAME" not enjoyable.

DeletedUser

They don't care

They should've stuck to tribal wars. Its what they understand.

DeletedUser5046

They should've stuck to tribal wars. Its what they understand.
its not what actually we have in mind...

its just tat...of all te threads ive been through...i realize tat duellers dun have tat much. i also found out tat even if te dueller's level is higher tan yours...its always on how you manage your stats tat describe te win/lost scale.

DeletedUser

I don't mind "A" duel every now and then. My town in world two currently has a joker dueling our weaker members 5 and 6 times. I'm a worker (lvl 12), not a dueler I've been dueled by Gemelli 6 times. Another of our Adventurers has been dueled 6 times by the same person. One guy left our town after the 4th duel. Stuff like this really makes the "GAME" not enjoyable.

Does necroing dead threads make the "GAME" more enjoyable?

DeletedUser

Well the only world where i do get dueled a lot is on w3 where i'm a worker. However I don't mind it at all. i've won 2 duels since i bought myself some new clothes. nearly won 4. lost 6. that's quite an improvement.

and when i get my fancy dress coat, brown boots i think i'll be seeing definite improvements.

DeletedUser

well if you could Accept/Decline duels that would suck for the people who make a living of dueling, it's annoying enough to get little or no money. I think people should just prepare for dueling and put there money in banks more often. And if they get sick of it address it to the player, or his/her town. And if that doesn't work then start putting up a fight until they get sick of losing.

DeletedUser

the simple fact of the matter is that if you implement a accept/ decline feature for duels then you completly destroy a means of livly hood for a lot of players because no-one will expect a duel the don't think they will win, which will leave no-one accepting duels.

DeletedUser

Unless they are superior defenders ofc. Those will accept duels left and right, but those that want to duel will stop targeting them real quick, due to them kicking arse.

So an accept/decline feature would ruin the game in many ways.

DeletedUser

My take on the whole thing is this.
You sign up for what you want to be. If you pick Adventurer, then that class gets certain advantages over the others. Same for Soldier/Dueler and Worker.
The dueler class should just make off better when dueling their class. Maybe 1/2 as well when dueling a Soldier class and only a 1/4 as well in Adventurer or Worker.
Fact is, if you're anything but a Dueler or Soldier, you take advantage of skills/attributes to what makes your player goal to his/her chosen class faster.
Why would I, a Worker class, go and worry about the best weapon?
There should be limitations or at the very least, lowered expectations, if a Dueler goes after something other than a dueler.

DeletedUser

There already is a limit; You hp.

ONce it runs out, you get 48 hours of safety.

DeletedUser

My take on the whole thing is this.
You sign up for what you want to be. If you pick Adventurer, then that class gets certain advantages over the others. Same for Soldier/Dueler and Worker.
The dueler class should just make off better when dueling their class. Maybe 1/2 as well when dueling a Soldier class and only a 1/4 as well in Adventurer or Worker.
Fact is, if you're anything but a Dueler or Soldier, you take advantage of skills/attributes to what makes your player goal to his/her chosen class faster.
Why would I, a Worker class, go and worry about the best weapon?
There should be limitations or at the very least, lowered expectations, if a Dueler goes after something other than a dueler.

Then workers should have some penalty for doing anything but building, adventurers should have penalties for anything but quests. Or does that not sound fair to you? Oh wait its not, why should duelers and duelers only be penalised?

DeletedUser

Then workers should have some penalty for doing anything but building, adventurers should have penalties for anything but quests. Or does that not sound fair to you? Oh wait its not, why should duelers and duelers only be penalised?

It is not "punishment". A dueler sees and scopes out with whom they are going to duel. It would be different if there were a random generator picking the fights.
If nothing else, there should be a parameter in that if a dueler is going to duel someone that is not a dueler, then the one being attacked should be given opportunity to change for the fight accordingly.
A dueler has quests as well, but their mainstay is dueling thus being prepared for a duel. An adventurer would be prepared for their tasks and not dueling. So on and so forth.
It's not slamming anyone, it is a matter of practicality for people that chose not to play the game in an aggression mode verses ones that want to be on an adventure.

DeletedUser

There are very, very few quests for a dueler as far as I have seen, I mean that are specifically tailored to dueling.

Your saying that duelers should be penalised for attacking non duelers, which is the biggest earner for duelers moneywise, therefore all other classes need their ability to gain money nerfed to keep the game balanced, otherwise no one will select the dueler class anymore as it will be easier to earn money as any other class.

DeletedUser

Essentialy they are suggeting removing dueler class, and have people duel as either workers or adventurers.
Seeing how these two gain a significant advantage if the suggested changes were to be implemented.

DeletedUser

Again, not a penalty. A penalty is something bad happening. Simply not gaining as much for your efforts in taking what other people have spent hours or even days working for is not a penalty. For that matter, it is a penalty for all other (except maybe a soldier class I believe) to pick anything but dueler class.
Then it seems the whole game would be nothing but dueling.
All the other classes have to try and obtain things not within their class per sey but still, they are burdened with the quest (s).
The whole argument is moot inasmuch as duelers think they are right and all others think they are correct.
So, just agree to disagree. I seriously doubt InnoGames is going to change anything.

DeletedUser

Again, not a penalty. A penalty is something bad happening. Simply not gaining as much for your efforts in taking what other people have spent hours or even days working for is not a penalty.
That's right, I've worked a long time to be able to rob you this hard, so beeing the victim is something that should be perfectly acceptable to you.

DeletedUser3773

This thread is really pointless since
-NONE of this will ever be implemented, if any of you guys have seen the ads for the west you notice they advertise, DUEL + shoot outs, so obviously they(devs) want that in the game and they already thought about people losing lots of money
-If you are stupid enough not to deposit you money in bank/treasury daily then you deserve to lose your money
-O and I am not a dueler on any world, on W3 i have been knocked out as often as possible and on W5 i have been knocked out multiple times so grow up and quit whining

Status
Not open for further replies.