v1.19 update !

DeletedUser1105

That wording is not specific though, Whistlingleaf.

It could easily mean that new shops being built/upgraded will have new items. They are basically saying that most items can be bought in shops, but some will be 'find only' items.

Only a possible interpretation though.

DeletedUser

Just to avoid the anguish, assume it hasn't occurred until you hear otherwise, or unless you see it for yourself. There won't be a prize for logging in right after the update's gone through on a world, so there's no reason to rush for update confirmation (in the grand scheme)!!

We know the update is coming (actively). I'm good with that.

DeletedUser

West stats have been updated with the town trader and the farmers set, I guess the update is on it's way :)

DeletedUser

Work on version 1.19...

* Most new items will be available in town shops

The bugs are fixed, the update is having a final test on the German W1 now. Current estimate is between 16:00 and 17:00 server time for our worlds.

If there are supposed to be new items in stores on W-1 .de - then the update is not working yet. (I just logged out/in to make sure I was on the latest update.)

sdjx22 - it would be completely ridiculous IMO to only have stores that gain new rankings from today on to receive the new items. Also realize we've asked this in beta and on this forum and so far we haven't gotten a straight answer. If there are supposed to be new items in stores then we haven't seen them yet, and if we're not getting new items available in stores then the update info is wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1105

I understand that. I'm just saying you may have interpreted it wrong. I think the point they are trying to make is that most items can be bought i.e. only a few of them will have to be found.

It does not say that they will be available in current shops. It just says they will be available in shops. That MAY mean (Key word 'may', I could be wrong!) that they will be available in shops, but they will start to appear in new shops.

I hope I'm wrong, because I'd hate to miss out on a load of items.

DeletedUser1105

From our home page:

Today at 14:23
We will begin upgrading worlds to version 1.19 in around 30 minutes. During updates the world will be unavailable for 10-20 minutes.

DeletedUser

Dancers Dress (female class)
+2 Charisma
+8 Stamina
+8 Shooting
+11 Fine motor skills
+10 Animal instinct

So where's the Dancers Tuxedo/Shirt/suit whatever, for us males?

DeletedUser

the west stats are updated with the new gear, but i think vigor fighter will be more happy about them its all about vigor vigor...brrr

DeletedUser

I bet we'll have the "traders" who sell all these new items come out with 1.20, so we won't really have any use of this update, lol.

DeletedUser3543

Nothing new in the stores of my town on W1 :(

In fact, the only difference I can see so far is that the worker picture - top right above 'activity' is now animated!

DeletedUser

Did you guys notice the new animation for when working ?

The first time I saw it on beta I was doing Putting up Posters and thought OMG did they make an animation for each job ?!?!?!?!?

DeletedUser3543

Did you guys notice the new animation for when working ?

The first time I saw it on beta I was doing Putting up Posters and thought OMG did they make an animation for each job ?!?!?!?!?

LOL

I'm currently nailing grizzlies to a large post!

DeletedUser

It says Level 8 on a few new items (in store) what a laugh, we just completed all to level 8 yesterday but there are level 9 items available, maybe we must build from scratch?

DeletedUser

It says Level 8 on a few new items (in store) what a laugh, we just completed all to level 8 yesterday but there are level 9 items available, maybe we must build from scratch?

I think so. Not a single town have the new items yet. Not even in .DE.
Oh and what about the new weapon? Lol. Corrosive acid. Go to gunsmith lv7 and have a look. Part of the Charlatan set, lol.

DeletedUser

I can't believe the new items will only show in newly built ranks of stores ... no wonder why nobody answered us about this previously ...

For a game that doesn't want towns to have formal alliances they just put all built towns into a corner of now requiring multiple towns for the CHANCE of getting any of the new items.

They'd have been better off putting up a new store and each rank gets 1 new item and let towns end up having say 25% chance of each new item.

DeletedUser3543

Mass exodus from built and half built towns as people scramble to start all over again!

DeletedUser

My initial feeling: I'm not happy with how the developers (presumably) distributed the new items. Towns who have been around since the beginning now need to form a sibling town (or another sibling town) with the hope of receiving the new items (and they may not, even then). I've been playing since World 1 was the only world, so perhaps I've been waiting for something like this longer than many -- which is why I'm feeling a bit let down, to be honest.

I was to understand that the developers never intended players to join other towns for the sheer purpose of shopping around (thus the sliding-scale wait penalty); but now, only undeveloped towns will have an opportunity to get the new items. That seems self-contradictive to me. I'm now forced to leave my town a few more times if I want the items (we never even had the opportunity to get the items, unlike with existing items), further adding to my already 18-hour wait time.

Also, two words: town loyalty. This is certainly going to affect town populations. Flaky members (which are better than no members at all) are going to migrate -- especially when future item bundles are released. Towns like mine will be a joke 6-12 months from now. "You guys don't have any of the new items??" If you don't call that a disadvantage mechanically, you must at least admit that it is one, perceptually.

So the questions becomes: are towns simply transient? Does any one town actually matter? It seems that developers are nudging us into annexing other towns and forming massive, unofficial alliances, but this isn't in the spirit of The West, if you ask me. I built a town, and it's important to me! If it's not, then why bother building one at all -- or why play the game, for that matter?

I'm seriously reconsidering my premium accounts, if this is how legacy players and towns are going to be treated. I suspect others may, as well. This was not the best way to handle implementing new items.

:dry:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So what's the outcome? are we saying that to gain new items we've got tobuild towns from scratch again?