v1.19 update !

DeletedUser1651

I think the thing to remember is that the game is still in beta. All of these updates will be implemented from the start of all new worlds. They are working to add things that people want to see. You cannot possibly plan for all these things when you start to design a game.

DeletedUser3543

I think the thing to remember is that the game is still in beta. All of these updates will be implemented from the start of all new worlds. They are working to add things that people want to see. You cannot possibly plan for all these things when you start to design a game.

How long does that excuse stay valid for?

Isn't there already a beta version of the game for testing?

DeletedUser

lol guys :) do you really think they will leave the first worlds to rebuild markets from scratch ? :) im pretty sure this wount happen

DeletedUser

As the update currently stands only new shops will receive the new items as they are being built up. This is not an oversight or a bug, each shop should get two items for every trader level and so it's not as easy as simply adding items to existing shops.

We could always just randomly take away items to replace with set items but I guess players wouldn't like that either.

The developers are going to try and think of a solution but as it currently stands its not a bug.

Solution and Logic:

The way I expected it to happen would be:

Each shop (adhering to current level) would have a % chance of simply getting each new item (in addition to current items). This would mean that existing shops could, indeed, have more items "than they should." But is there anything fundamentally wrong with that?

As it stands now, the update has set a precedent -- that legacy towns are obsolete, and will only become more so as future updates are released. If anything, legacy towns should be rewarded for having entered the game in its early stages. For now, there are no such rewards for player loyalty to The West. That's a problem for me, especially when an update moves in the other direction -- snubbing legacy players and their towns. I've spent a lot of money on premium bonuses, and a good deal of the resulting rewards have been dumped into my town.

So, obstinate "fairness" doesn't exactly cut it for me in this case. Why should a new player/town's progress offer more interesting possibilities than mine does/did, simply because I joined early and stuck with it? I would be interested to know if any other legacy players feel this way, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You're right you can't plan for all things when you start a game but they could very easily have come up with a solution to avoid forcing towns to start building all over again.

Calling the game beta still is nonsense - you think they are going to kill all the old worlds and have a grand re-launch with tons of new content sometime in the future ? At the rate they are putting out updates ... that will be the tenth of never.

DeletedUser

I think they should just have let all towns across the board (built-up as well as yet to be built) have space for the extra items, with the items being added to the existing towns. This is really sad...:sad:

DeletedUser928

A Better way would have been to implement a new store type to build up. The trading post. Stick it between the bank and church.

If this is the case on updates then in about 3 updates there will not be a place to build a new city in an old world.

DeletedUser

We could always just randomly take away items to replace with set items but I guess players wouldn't like that either.

Why are you such "crying" ?

Morthy said "We could always just randomly take away items to replace with set items"

He assume that people don't like this ? If you want it for your city and are the major of your town : use the support and ask morthy to do it for your town.
If you have time i 'am almost sure he will do in a while (after 1.19 is ok every where)...

But be sure not to come back crying that he has "erase" your best items !

DeletedUser

Why are you such "crying" ?

Morthy said "We could always just randomly take away items to replace with set items"

He assume that people don't like this ? If you want it for your city and are the major of your town : use the support and ask morthy to do it for your town.
If you have time i 'am almost sure he will do in a while (after 1.19 is ok every where)...

But be sure not to come back crying that he has "erase" your best items !

There are other options! Did you read my post further up on this page? I laid it all out... the perfect solution, and my reason for "crying."

DeletedUser

The developers are going to try and think of a solution but as it currently stands its not a bug.

If that is the most creative and intelligent solution the Developers can come up with then please go right ahead and remove items from my W-1 town to incorporate the new items.

I'll be more then happy to take that trade-off and I suspect many others will also take you up on this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

as for me so i dont give a damnt about new items and sets, since there are almost nothing usefull for me :) and if i will need some of them i can go and buy from other towns :)

DeletedUser

as for me so i dont give a damnt about new items and sets, since there are almost nothing usefull for me :) and if i will need some of them i can go and buy from other towns :)

not everyone is romelis!!!...

DeletedUser

Please go right ahead and remove items from my W-1 town to incorporate the new items.

I'll be more then happy to take that trade-off and I suspect many others will also take you up on this offer.

i support..take off items from my town to replace..i wont mind tat either

DeletedUser

With these items grouped into bonus sets now, I guess the idea of putting a quantity limit to our backpack is pretty much out of the window?

I don't have a problem with the new stores getting the new stuff. That's life. The ones that have been around are not necessarily the best ones in their business. They are probably the most resourceful and connected. So with the extra stuff to offer, perhaps this is a good opportunity for the bigger towns to side up with the smaller ones.

DeletedUser

i support..take off items from my town to replace..i wont mind tat either

You guys are adhering to a false dilemma! Why "settle" for such a shaky compromise, when there are other options. Nobody responded to my posted solution on the previous page... instead, everyone just started offering to have their shops re-stocked -- like that's the only good route. :blink:

DeletedUser

^^ chappybuddy so wat do u suggest for those who have joined the game earlier...leave the game??

just because our town has made construction..doesnt mean we have gotta be penalised....

DeletedUser928

I really don't see why not allow all stores a 3rd item in each level. That would solve it..

You might get one of these new sets or not.

DeletedUser

You guys are adhering to a false dilemma! Why "settle" for such a shaky compromise, when there are other options. Nobody responded to my posted solution on the previous page... instead, everyone just started offering to have their shops re-stocked -- like that's the only good route. :blink:

Your solution to give stores a chance of an item will be problematic when some towns get no items and some towns get many items. Now if each town were to be get a certain amount of items randomly ... that'd be more "fair".

On a previous page I suggested a new type of store (Market) that allows for each rank to gain 1 of the new items with the top tier rank getting 20-30% of the new items. Then every town will be assured of getting something .... and allow for new items to be introduced in future updates by adding more ranks to the Market.

DeletedUser

My solution gives stores a chance -- something not afforded by the update, as-is. Granted, some towns wouldn't receive the new items through dumb luck, but that is no more irritating than getting a a bunch of rusty weapons in the last few shop levels, is it?

Fact is, chance is chance. You can't blame it if it snubs you. Game developers, however... blame can be placed (and has).

If I don't get the new items through my solution, at least I could say "oh well, at least we had a shot." A new building is probably going to be shot down because of future plans for other buildings. My solution could be immediate, taking effect very soon -- and correcting the "problem."