Update 1.33

Diggo11

awesome, they updated faster than I expected :D
it's an interesting way to spice up crafting.....but I wonder how many people are actually collectors....
Enough, I'd say. Those who end up playing builds like pure hiding tend to become collectors when experience no longer has skill points to offer. It is, however, certainly targeted towards these veteran players with accounts on older worlds.

DeletedUser

Wow, you're really full of crap aren't you.

Anyway, the so-called money grab has not taken any features away from playing for free. More importantly, providing more ways for people to pay for extras has resulted in more money being allocated for development of this game. The amount of changes that have been instituted since the inclusion of additional nugget features vastly outdistances what existed previously. So, basically, their "money-grabbing" is a good thing for us.

For a former community manager you really have a strange habit of taking a piss on every player that questions the divine wisdom of inno.

First of all changes such as buying AP and SP are money grabbing tactics, and those changes favour heavy buyers while chasing away average player. And that is not good for this game, not if you lack voices in your head.
And that crappy story that money earned through such changes goes to development insults intelligence of every single person on this server unless you have flower pots playing The West.

Some players actually bother to pay to play and those who play for free end up reaping the benefits.

Remember that without people that are playing for free there is no game, and it would be nice to show a bit of respect for people who invest their time here, they make a core of The West players. Can't spit on everyone you can't milk Hell...

And to add divine wisdom of inno would be much less questioned if they followed their own roadmap, listened to players ideas and suggestions or if would they invested time and money in something important to players instead in piling up cosmetic changes.

DeletedUser18255

I don't think he "takse a piss" on every player that questions. HOWEVER, some of these players are WHINING before they've even tried it out. AFTER the new update comes, THEN give it constructive criticism.

I'm not talking about those who've had a little experience with it on beta, but those who've NOT and are complaining about something they've not even given a shot to yet. Criticism isn't constructive if your just being a jerk about it.

DeletedUser

First of all changes such as buying AP and SP are money grabbing tactics, and those changes favour heavy buyers while chasing away average player. And that is not good for this game, not if you lack voices in your head.
And that crappy story that money earned through such changes goes to development insults intelligence of every single person on this server unless you have flower pots playing The West.
You do know there are worlds you can play that don't have skill buying as an option.....
I do think transparency would help a lot, nothing big, just letting players know what's going on....perhaps the best way is through more frequent posts on the devblog *hint hint*

Remember that without people that are playing for free there is no game, and it would be nice to show a bit of respect for people who invest their time here, they make a core of The West players. Can't spit on everyone you can't milk Hell...
Without people that don't mind shelling out a few dollars whilst playing, there would be no game either. If you don't like playing the west, by all means, feel free to leave.

And to add divine wisdom of inno would be much less questioned if they followed their own roadmap, listened to players ideas and suggestions or if would they invested time and money in something important to players instead in piling up cosmetic changes.
Just saying, the game doesn't cater exclusively to one kind of player.....while you may not like a certain feature, others may.....and I see no reason why your wants should be prioritized before theirs....

DeletedUser

You do know there are worlds you can play that don't have skill buying as an option.....
I do think transparency would help a lot, nothing big, just letting players know what's going on....perhaps the best way is through more frequent posts on the devblog *hint hint*

That was just an example of a bad update that had nothing but cash in mind.

Without people that don't mind shelling out a few dollars whilst playing, there would be no game either. If you don't like playing the west, by all means, feel free to leave.

Exactly, but no one calls out those who pay as Hell did with players who are playing a free game. I'm not attacking paying customers here, i am attacking rude attitude of hellstrom towards non paying customers. (I am sort of paying customer myself, have that in mind)
I do enjoy the west, thats why i am here for so long, and please could i get a line that is different than "LEEEEEAAAVE" whenever i disagree with innogames policy.

Just saying, the game doesn't cater exclusively to one kind of player.....while you may not like a certain feature, others may.....and I see no reason why your wants should be prioritized before theirs....

So most of players suggestions are taken into consideration? Some are implemented? Problems identified by the community are being solved? Inno is following its roadmap? Some major changes are being implemented?

Considering nothing of this is happening can you tell me which players needs exactly inno caters?

DeletedUser

That was just an example of a bad update that had nothing but cash in mind.
How exactly is Inno supposed to continue developing if they have no cash flow?
Exactly, but no one calls out those who pay as Hell did with players who are playing a free game. I'm not attacking paying customers here, i am attacking rude attitude of hellstrom towards non paying customers. (I am sort of paying customer myself, have that in mind)
I do enjoy the west, thats why i am here for so long, and please could i get a line that is different than "LEEEEEAAAVE" whenever i disagree with innogames policy.
Hell wasn't being rude, he was stating the truth. Inno created this product specifically to make money, not cater to the whims of freeloaders per say.

So most of players suggestions are taken into consideration? Some are implemented? Problems identified by the community are being solved? Inno is following its roadmap? Some major changes are being implemented?

Considering nothing of this is happening can you tell me which players needs exactly inno caters?
Not everything happens overnight, these things take time and Inno has to prioritize.

DeletedUser32551

why is it in arizona i can buy skills and attributes but others can't it would be better not to have it or make it in all worlds just asking?

DeletedUser

For god's sakes guys how did this turn into payments debate?

Nuggets in this game are optional. You may use them, but you don't have to. The potentially abusable cheap 5nuggets steelbox achievement got caught and replaced with another before this update went to .net which means Inno's managers are not as evil as some (of us) claim them to be.

Yes, InnoGames is using the money we spend on nuggets to improve the game and we're getting updates on regular basis. Is that a bad thing? I don't think so.

Anyways, to remain ontopic, the update 1.33 doesn't bring any new premium option nor is forcing anyone to use nuggets.

why is it in arizona i can buy skills and attributes but others can't it would be better not to have it or make it in all worlds just asking?
Because things didn't turn out well and was decided by whomever responsible for the premium options to disable skillbuying feature in new worlds. There is another premium that got the same fate - energy refill - however with the introduction of crafting energy restore pots I'm not sure why that premium got removed. But it's nohow connected to the update 1.33.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggo11

Yes, InnoGames is using the money we spend on nuggets to improve the game and we're getting updates on regular basis. Is that a bad thing? I don't think so.
Partially true, revenue has also been directed to boosting advertising budgets.

DeletedUser

yes, for buying at least 1 nugget, you complete achievements that gives you STEEL box. at least it is so on beta today. i got annie oakley pants from that box :hmf:.

update to calm people.
today on beta:
50 nuggets spent - wooden box
200 nuggets spent - iron box
1000 nuggets spent - steel box

DeletedUser

update to calm people.
today on beta:
50 nuggets spent - wooden box
200 nuggets spent - iron box
1000 nuggets spent - steel box

What? Is it one time only or is it when you bought/used 1000 nuggets you get steel box everytime? I don´t know 'cause I dont use nuggets.

DeletedUser

How exactly is Inno supposed to continue developing if they have no cash flow?

And they didn't have decent revenue without that update? And that specific update was brought while having game balance in mind?

Hell wasn't being rude, he was stating the truth. Inno created this product specifically to make money, not cater to the whims of freeloaders per say.

It think that you should get rid of those "freeloaders" and see what are you left with. All players deserve respect, if you can't get that, than thats just thing of decency and somewhat intellectual capacity...

Not everything happens overnight, these things take time and Inno has to prioritize.

You really have problems with reality... What priorities are they following? Is there anything brought up in 1.32 for example that anyone in this game would call a priority?

DeletedUser

And they didn't have decent revenue without that update? And that specific update was brought while having game balance in mind?
They did have decent revenue and now they have better revenue. Game balance doesn't equate to an absolute lack of a power disparity, game balance means everybody has a good chance to be successful at what they want to do.

It think that you should get rid of those "freeloaders" and see what are you left with. All players deserve respect, if you can't get that, than thats just thing of decency and somewhat intellectual capacity...
Do you know about that one non-F2P MMO that's really popular....it has over 11 million players that pay to play the game....

You really have problems with reality... What priorities are they following? Is there anything brought up in 1.32 for example that anyone in this game would call a priority?
You don't call fixing a lot of things a priority? Look at the 1.32 changelog, there were a lot of things going on! You really have problems with reality...

DeletedUser

I really think that the friendlist is a good idea. I have several friends in other alliances, and I was hoping they'd bring something out like that. And they did. Yay! :)

DeletedUser

They did have decent revenue and now they have better revenue. Game balance doesn't equate to an absolute lack of a power disparity, game balance means everybody has a good chance to be successful at what they want to do.

And this was a step in the right direction when it comes to balance?

Do you know about that one non-F2P MMO that's really popular....it has over 11 million players that pay to play the game....

You think they call guys that play for free "freeloaders"?

You don't call fixing a lot of things a priority? Look at the 1.32 changelog, there were a lot of things going on! You really have problems with reality...

Priority should be doing updates that affects gameplay, (preferably in positive way) which means fort shops instead of avatar generator for example. Also listening to comunnity here and than should be on priority list imo.

DeletedUser

you must be bored, asking all of these subjective questions and trying to force your wants through.....all these things take time to implement. look at the changelog for 1.33, there are plenty of things that affect gameplay.

DeletedUser22493

Wonder how its gonna turn out when level 10's buy 1000 nuggy's and sells it for 100k on the market. Will it unbalance the whole economy?

Or will it be an unsellable box?

Well, if the box drops a really rare, then it can still be sold for allot.

DeletedUser

Dang.. very good point Rebow. But I don´t think level 10´s and lower who just started the game will buy nuggets in the first place. Low level players usually quit after around the first week playing and then get bored (well not everyone). But it could be possible. Just hope the box will be unsellable.

DeletedUser

Wonder how its gonna turn out when level 10's buy 1000 nuggy's and sells it for 100k on the market. Will it unbalance the whole economy?

Or will it be an unsellable box?

Well, if the box drops a really rare, then it can still be sold for allot.
You get the steel box if you spend 1000 nuggets. Once.
It's the same steel box you can get in fort fights. So you can either sell it or open it.
It won't ruin the world economy. In short... It will just add more shinies to the world. Since many players will get the steel box at the same time, the price at the market will at first drop, but after 7-10 days, the price will return to at least 80K. On worlds that are alive. On dead worlds, nothing except an endgame can help. ;)

Anyways... The issue was too cheap steelbox (obtainable with mere 5 nuggets) that was easy to abuse, now it's not easy to abuse and we already discussed it. Just please read the whole thread - what fafer posted above was already posted a few days ago.

We'll get the update on Monday. The most imporant thing in this thread was to give out as much as info on the update and provide some feedback so this never happens again:
1. we don't want another case of Xmas cookies abuse to kill XP race on existing worlds
2. we don't want another case of public riot where many players claimed "we didn't know" as noone posted it here on the forum (that gold gun has a stacking bonus which was removed after all of us who read things on other forums and sites got GG just to use that stacking bonus as we expected the other side will do that too)

Last edited by a moderator: