Update 1.33

Spaceydk

Just change the name to bonus box or something make it a new item that is not possible to sell, can even use the same images for it should be a quick database entry.

DeletedUser

The achievement will be changed before it is brought to any other world.
Thanks! I just hope there are no more similar things easy to abuse, however we get here just a small part of "spoilers" so it's nearly impossible to weed such stuff out before the update really comes.

Most definitely there is a set bonus for the full set only.
You sure? I mean... It's not easy to determine that since on .de IIRC noone got Rudolph.

Damn, we'll have to come up with a new dastardly plan, Joxer :razz:
:razz: to you too.
Why are you assuming there isn't another "dastardly" plan already? There actually is, but I just cba to share it publically.

EDIT:

1. Micky1992, tw-times (fan newspaper) editor confirms there actually *is* a set bonus for the new set if you equip all items, but he didn't say what it is. Since Rudolph was not obtainable in real worlds, only betatesters can spoil us with it. If only they could be a.

2. An interesting excerpt from .de wiki with an info on friends/friendlist achievement(s) - with googletranslation:
http://translate.googleusercontent....reunde&usg=ALkJrhjZDfLcHlzqRaFcs7jikQtAjhK_yA

1 A consumable item (who cares)
2 1000 experience points (big deal)
3 $ 5,000 (ooo, 1 dollar more!)
4 1 steel-reinforced chest (it's christmas!)
5 unique mount

Again a steel chest... Is there an end to steel boxes travesty?
And a hint from one developer (Ashock) - the unique mount here is not the ostrych nor is needed for completing any collection. For that hint, we have to thank Ana Doro who dared to ask (again!).

3. A solution (german) appeared with pics on the bugged quest. Dunno if it's all there as the quest contains a decision, but...
Please do not click the button here unless you get stuck with the quest when we get the update.
[spoil]http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=hr&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://blackfield09.bplaced.net/phpmyforum/showthread.php%3Ftid%3D480[/spoil]
Quest details are not available on tw-db yet. How come? If you ask abedy, he'll reply it's because the quest is stupid. And I have no reason not to believe him.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25480

will this reskill quest allow us to move all SP and AP around or just points in the "dueling" skills?

DeletedUser

You should be able to move all APs definetly because all of them affect dueling skills no matter where you've put them, right? ;)
Can't be sure about SPs though. Then again, respeccing SPs is pretty cheap so in a way it really doesn't matter.

DeletedUser

Im really glad they're going to change the supreme power of the resistance duelers with this update. Its been long overdue, and now those of us who have been neglected with our 200 aim and 150 dodge will be able to shine and beat the resistances without getting hurt :D

DeletedUser22685

Pic it or it never happened.

townhall.png

You have to use the arrows up the top right to scroll to the hidden tabs. Tabs currently hidden or semi-visible are alliance invitation and alliance chronicle.

DeletedUser

Quest details are not available on tw-db yet. How come? If you ask abedy, he'll reply it's because the quest is stupid. And I have no reason not to believe him.

It is absolutely dependent on what goals you want to achieve. If you want so solve as many quests as possible (and btw. get the 500 quests achievement) you desperately need any quest you can get. This one gives a huge number of solved quests.
Need money? Do the questline! You'll get some rare and powerful consumables which will sell for a lot of money.
You are a collector? See above but don't sell anything :laugh:

In any other case you don't neet the questline. Right. But what other goals might be there besides stupid meatie-fortfighting and dull dueling :rolleyes:

DeletedUser5677

May I ask what is this?
Bildschirmfoto-2011-09-27-um-16.37.20.png

Is it art? I don't think so. Is it graphic art? That would be highly debatable. Is it a close copy of many unoriginal games with the same bland flavor? That could be easily proven.
When the very basics of the game have been so poorly thought out, and the further additions to the problems of the basic formulas still seem in their infancy, why do we keep getting this unimaginative continuous window dressing to a game that has far more serious play issues?
Will "Fishing the blueberry soup pond" be a new job? Can I hire a smurf or pokemon to do it?

DeletedUser

Oh geez. Look, it's a game. Stop taking it so damn seriously.

This is what happens with every game: People start getting bored, then they start nitpicking, then they either get over it and find other ways of enjoying the game, or they quit. Seriously, how many of you are still playing WoW? How about Everquest? How about Civilization? How about Pong?

That's right, additions are made to a game to try and drag out their longevity, but mostly to bring "new" players in. Those who still like the game, still want to play it, that's what they'll do. The rest, they'll just nitpick and complain until eventually they accept that they're really just kinda bored of the game and have found new life in being a drama queen.

DeletedUser

It is absolutely dependent on what goals you want to achieve. If you want so solve as many quests as possible (and btw. get the 500 quests achievement) you desperately need any quest you can get.
Um... That means it depends if you want to get a huge number of achievements.
I can speak only for myself here, nevel liked any useless stuff, so medals and achievements that give nothing in return I'll never chase.
A "quest" of solving all quests also doesn't attract me anymore. When I first came to this game I thought every quest gives something great as a final reward. In the meantime I've learned that many quests are not worth bothering at all. ;)

But what other goals might be there besides stupid meatie-fortfighting and dull dueling :rolleyes:
Actually the goal in every game should be - having fun. I can agree with what you said that dueling is dull (let's hope this update makes it more interesting) and overpowered HP skill totally ruins fort fights challenge (let's hope it'll change in the next update), etc. But all of it can be a source of endless fun if designed properly. Too bad there are many quests out there that are more annoying than fun. ;)

May I ask what is this?
Bildschirmfoto-2011-09-27-um-16.37.20.png
It's a new town layout we'll get in the next update. It is not a part of update 1.33.
And it brings some new town management stuff with it, that's why it looks like that. You don't like it? You can always play townless and never see that pic at all. I love it. :)
The pic ofc. I don't like the deterioration idea.

Oh geez. Look, it's a game. Stop taking it so damn seriously.
Feedback Hells. Feedback. Devs should see what players think about things. The customer is always right, even in a free game. ;)

Seriously, how many of you are still playing *beep*? How about *beep*? How about *beep*? How about *beep*?
Removed the titles as I'm already infracted in this thread and I don't need another one. I've never played any of those so I'm not still playing them. You know what games I'm playing - and those are nonmoneymilking RPGs. Do I still play them? Of course. From time to time I replay each of them. :)

That's right, additions are made to a game to try and drag out their longevity, but mostly to bring "new" players in.
That is where The West is currently stuck. I've said a few times, we need an endgame. Pick an overall winner or a few of them and restart the world to allow players to chase the title. Currently, The West is done deal when HoF table(s) get filled. That's bad design.

And what we need even more is the new The West. Version 2.0. See, all new updates are trying to remain compatible with stuff that's already in the game. And when stuff already in the game is bad, the update gets complicated. For example the need of adding the respec quest for the new duel system change in this update.
To avoid that, we need new The West. With some things changed starting with the global map with jobs (which is also planned for some future update instead for the new The West). Many good things can be kept for the 2.0, for example tutorials. But some things should be removed for good, like everyone's favorite quest: Wild Horses.

EDIT:

1. I'm aware ppl might accuse me of stalking AnaDoro, but what can I do when she simply rocks. Thanks to her we have an update on nuggets use achievement. Now definetly noone can be pushed by steel box *that* easily. According to Ana, achievements will turn on and give these rewards after you spend a certain number of nuggets:
- 50 nuggets for wooden crate
- 200 Nuggets for iron box
- 1000 Nuggets for steel box

2. Although updating all german worlds on version 1.33 was expected, it's not happening yet. There are still a few bugs. One, you still can't get crafting skill above 500 for some reason although 3 recipes for all professions above that skill are added. Second one which is supposed to get corrected today is that in collections you don't see which items you've already had in inventory and which ones you still have to collect. Probably there are more, but... Who could read everything. ;)

Diggo11

an update on nuggets use achievement. Now definetly noone can be pushed by steel box *that* easily. According to Ana, achievements will turn on and give these rewards after you spend a certain number of nuggets:
- 50 nuggets for wooden crate
- 200 Nuggets for iron box
- 1000 Nuggets for steel box
Correct. (Although, I believe dear Joony paid an arm and a leg to push that through so quickly - someone give the poor man a cookie of the dry kind ;))

Spaceydk

I still think my suggestion were better and easier but this way I will get 3 boxes on 3 worlds if I read it right.
So no update today :(
I can go to bed in a couple of hours at my normal time ST+6 and hope for tomorrow, same as I did yesterday.

Deleted User - 1278415

M
Will "Fishing the blueberry soup pond" be a new job? Can I hire a smurf or pokemon to do it?

Hey stop reading my diary of jobs I need to propose someday.

now excuse me while I write a new song la la la la la, cant wait for 1.33, la la la la lo... nah Im just not hearing it... I gotta have more la cowbell.

DeletedUser

Dunno if this is true (noone confirmed it, sorry), but as I've said, devs got too happy with steel boxes lately so it could be true.
A rumor says there are two more achievements that give you a steel box:
- one for 1000 successful dodges in fort fights
- one for 1000 successful hits in fort fights

At a first glance this looks great as a method to persuade more players into fort fights. However, let's think a bit about that, what build will the mass of those players use? What will happen with ranks - as we already have a problem of spamming rankers by low level players who show up without any fort weapon equipped at all.
Dunno what to say, especially since it isn't confirmed yet, but if the rumor is true, I can't say I like it.

DeletedUser

Dunno if this is true (noone confirmed it, sorry), but as I've said, devs got too happy with steel boxes lately so it could be true.

At a first glance this looks great as a method to persuade more players into fort fights. However, let's think a bit about that, what build will the mass of those players use? What will happen with ranks - as we already have a problem of spamming rankers by low level players who show up without any fort weapon equipped at all.
Dunno what to say, especially since it isn't confirmed yet, but if the rumor is true, I can't say I like it.

I have participated in 63 battles on w15. I have 633 hits and 469 dodge shots. I personally think they will be no change to builds or people wanting to get in. It will take about 100 battles for me to get the achievement.

DeletedUser363

CONFIRMED:
steelbox.png

I know this has been mentioned before, but the new mounts are going to be amazing. Just check this one out:[spoil]
goldenhorseu.png
[/spoil]

DeletedUser

Thanks for confirmation Shadow D.!
And as I've already said I'm not buying a golden backside for 1 million. :)

Tuc, you got only about 500 each there? Geez... You sukk! :razz:
Delete that acc and let's have fun competing who'll get a better number of invisibilities activated on w12, shallwe? Mabbe there's a secret achievement for that. ;)