U.S. Military to Intercept North Korean Ship Suspected of Carrying Missiles (Nukes)

DeletedUser13682

I still say we turn the Korean War back on, and give North Korea to the south

DeletedUser

whats funny is everyone's views on what the US says and does. there are so many misconceptions about what WE do. without the US and our allies everyone would be speaking German right now. before any of you from Europe decide on passing judgment you should probably do some research and then change your tone.

as for our president GWB is/was a ******, however he is no longer there. what we need to do is to look and see what OUR new leader does. how he handles the situation and how does Condileeza Rice handle our foreign policy. honestly with a tyranatical idiot its hard to deligate with him when he can't see the forest through the trees.

DeletedUser13682

Exactly, that's why we need to give the North to the South. We aren't starting a war by invading, there wasn't a treaty to end the Korean War, only a ceasefire, which North Korea has rejected three times, though they never follow through on their rejection.

DeletedUser

Just a reminder: the topic is U.S. Military to Intercept North Korean Ship Suspected of Carrying Missiles (Nukes)

DeletedUser13682

Right. As I said before:

Exactly, that's why we need to give the North to the South. We aren't starting a war by invading, there wasn't a treaty to end the Korean War, only a ceasefire, which North Korea has rejected three times, though they never follow through on their rejection.

So say good bye Kim Jong Il.

DeletedUser

So say good bye Kim Jong Il.

kim-jong-il-puppet-team-america.jpg

What you talking bout, punk?

DeletedUser13682

You're right Divest.

Do you think that we can defeat North Korea in the current world political and economic situation?

DeletedUser

I doubt anyone believes that we couldn't. It's not about us v.s. them, it's about the UN v.s. North Korea.

DeletedUser13682

We need to start boarding every ship that comes out of North Korea and thoroughy search. The movie Lord of War showed us that you can hide weapons anywhere, even in a crate of potatoes. We need to search every ship so much that even the dust is searched. Not a casual lookover.

DeletedUser

And how will we search the ships when North Korea has said that they will not allow us to board and if we do they'll retaliate?

DeletedUser13682

With what? We have them in the corner, and they're already acting crazy, so they can't do anything. We can nuke them if the need arrises, but we have enough troops, and South Korea has enough troops to have a total takeover of North Korea.

DeletedUser

And how will we search the ships when North Korea has said that they will not allow us to board and if we do they'll retaliate?

Well that's the point. Under the new sanctions, if we suspect that they're carrying munitions on board then we will be able to board without permission. If they retaliate, it will be them who first escalated the feud, not us. As Hellstromm pointed out, we don't know how far Kim will take this whole debacle. I believe they're posteuring for the sake of posteuring and the only real way to find out is to operate under UN law and ask to board those particular ships.

On another note, I am glad to hear that the ship we were monitoring was refused docking and fuel and had to turn back. That makes me a bit happy.

DeletedUser13682

Yeah, but does 100 years of drug prohibition have a great storyline, a bunch of morals, dirt on the U.S., and a role perfectly suited to Nicholas Cage?

DeletedUser13682

Don't they teach you kids about Iran-Contra in history class? :p

They don't. The modern history class doesn't have much meat, until higher levels, like college, but Peter Jennings helps a bit.

DeletedUser

whats funny is everyone's views on what the US says and does. there are so many misconceptions about what WE do. without the US and our allies everyone would be speaking German right now. before any of you from Europe decide on passing judgment you should probably do some research and then change your tone.
So, yet another person feels the U.S. came to Europe's rescue some 65 years ago and therefore Europe should allow the U.S. to do whatever they feel like doing. Seriously, get out of here with that Archie Bunker mentality.

As for our president GWB is/was a ******, however he is no longer there. what we need to do is to look and see what OUR new leader does. how he handles the situation and how does Condileeza Rice handle our foreign policy. honestly with a tyranatical idiot its hard to deligate with him when he can't see the forest through the trees.
Umm, hello, McFly, Condeleeza Rice is no longer in the White House. And GWB jr was not merely a ******', he profoundly undermined the credibility of the United States, locally and abroad. Passing him off as a ******' is a self-serving Republican rewrite.

But irrational fears of a people can also be exploited... And the US and the press is very good at overstating the dangers of supposed tyrants around the world...
Agreed Adelei, and considering those missiles the U.S. fired to the Marshall Islands, and subsequently downplayed by the media (which downplayed it in acquiesced reporting), I am not all that trusting of the U.S.' spin on the issue.