U.S. Military to Intercept North Korean Ship Suspected of Carrying Missiles (Nukes)

DeletedUser

There weren't any WMD in Iraq for several years. Saddam just bluffed to protect Iraq against Iran..and the US (and most of the world) believed it.
And if he actually had had ay WMD, he would have used them.

If they actually had a WMD, they would be BTG. (Below the Ground)

DeletedUser

he had missiles w/ chemical warheads, and these were used on the kurds, and were considered WMDs and were taking across the border to syria during the war.

DeletedUser

well i think NK is to messed up to go into war
there was a documentary a year ago about these guys that went to NK to see what it was like.....there was a guy (he looked like an average tourist) walking down the street with a loaded RPG on his shoulder.

DeletedUser

Hussein used most of his chemical weapons against Iran in the Iran-Iraq war (when the US were aiding and encouraging him). He did also use some against the Kurds, but it was considered extremely unlikely by both UN weapons inspectors, and most intelligence officials, that there were any WMD's at the time George W. et al insisted there were.

The only evidence for any weapons was based on the inability of the Iraqis to account for a shipment of chemicals they had received 20 years earlier, in the 80's. During the war it was found that these chemicals had been dumped and buried, and never converted to weapons. Warheads being transported over the border to Syria is pure fantasy - only refugees and defectors fleeing Iraq went over the border to Syria.

DeletedUser

how can u prove no military targets went to syria????, we know planes flew there and landed to escape destruction.

DeletedUser

Let me get this straight Jim, you're arguing that Saddam Hussein essentially gave away his stores of wmds to Syria and then hid in a hole for the next two years. Is that your stance?

Jim, there is a point where common sense needs to step in and call you on your, mostly imaginary, excuses as to why wmds were not found. Stated fact, the only wmds that existed were the ones already located by the U.N.. After Desert Shield, a series of U.N. resolutions, and direct actions to dismantle Iraq's weapons programs spanning over 10 years, broke the Iraqi back.

WMDs was an excuse, posed by Bush's administration, to attack Iraq. It was a lie. The U.N. knew it, the inspectors knew it, the CIA knew it. The American people were lied to and you continue to propagate this lie.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The Weapons Detective, by Rod Barton.
Read it, it is not politically motivated, it is merely an account of events leading up to the war, and the search for WMD's afterwards, by someone who was involved enough to know what was going on and be deeply effected by it.

Rod was an intelligence operative for his entire career, and worked as a UN weapons inspector in Iraq before and after the war.
His own poor treatment by the Australian government, as well as the suicide of his friend and colleague David Kelly, left him a bitter and sad old man, but he is still very smart and insightful, and I thoroughly recommend his book.

DeletedUser

Why do you argue about Sadam Hussein? I thought NK is the topic.

If you invade North Korea, you might not get the support of all big nations. Especially Russia and China would oppose it, though they don't like North Korea to possess nukes too.

So the best way is to prevent them from having any weapon. I don't believe that North Korea has enough resources to research on nukes anyway. The whole thing is only a battle of political power.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You what?!? You don't believe they have the resources to research nukes? Are you daft? Haven't you been paying attention? Would you like to review the evidence of their exploding nuclear devices underground, or are you comfortably in the numb when it comes to anything substantive? Seriously Parcific, stop clogging the forum's bandwidth with gross ignorance.

DeletedUser

Nuclear research is surprisingly easy and cheap for a rogue nation. The only aspects that are significantly expensive and technically challenging are the safety aspects, so if you are prepared for all your technicians and nuclear scientists to develope radiation sickness or cancer, then a nuclear weapons program becomes very attainable.
Given the general treatment of it's citizens, I don't think working conditions for nuclear scientists are likely to be the highest priority for the government of NK.

DeletedUser

If the man can go out in pubic looking like he does with those crazy glasses, then he is capable of anything and must be stopped. Either that or he needs to be the next guest on queer eye

DeletedUser

There is a show I'd watch. Queer Eye for the Dictator Guy.

We all know Jong Il is nuts. Now that it looks like he is gravely ill we need to look at who is going to replace him.