P&P Shooting up the saloons: Vineyard vs. the IJ's

DeletedUser15169

In Honor if Hellstromm, the Emmy winner and the winner of the Fort Honor Award! Now back to shooting up the saloon, I see Vineyard Extention and allies are doing quite well today before the battle :)

DeletedUser

In Honor if Hellstromm, the Emmy winner and the winner of the Fort Honor Award! Now back to shooting up the saloon, I see Vineyard Extention and allies are doing quite well today before the battle :)
Oh, you mean the battle you lost, the one you cowered in for 25 rounds, causing a total of 345 damage before being passed out once you finally came out of hiding? That battle?

Just making sure we're talking about the same thing here...

DeletedUser

Shooting up Vineyard Extension - cont.

Betsy vs Vineyard Extentsion - Since Jan 3 only

DUELS, won/lost: 36 / 1
KO's, inflicted/suffered: 15 / 0
XP: negligible. (although I did give away 55)
MONEY, taken/lost: $704 / $0

It occurs to me that a letter to the members of Vineyard, apprising them of the situation might not be remiss. I am, after all, beginning to feel sorry for them. Perhaps if they all got together, they would boot D. Saint out of town and agree to a NAP.

Huh! I just looked at the resident list of Vineyard Extension. It appears as though they might have done that already.

DeletedUser

All I have in the saloon is duel not possiable and duel not possiable for 48hrs

DeletedUser

vineyarddemise.png

DeletedUser

I have been quite busy most of this week so I haven't found time to write much here. In the game however, I have been having great fun.
Looking through the comments, I spotted a few that need to be addressed. I'll start with Hellstromm and his assumption that he can beat me "rather easily".

I am sure that you have a pure and well-thought out dueling build. But believe me, so have I. The twenty levels I have on you is 20 AP and 60 SP (not counting the extra ones I have from quests that you have not yet been able to do) spent with care. If we had been able to duel, and I fear we never will with you being a very slow leveller and zero-xp dueler, I would crush you. You wouldn't probably even be able to get 1/10 against me. Thinking anything else is frankly ridiculous and shows a limited understanding of the game (or more probably, just hot air coming out of your mouth). Levels do count, when used wisely. We will just have to accept that we have different positions in the dueling food-chain, you and I.

Regarding zero-experience dueling, I am quite sure I haven't spoken out against it in the way you imply. Even though I personally find zero-xp dueling silly, I can see its benefits. But you claiming the low-level range zero-dueling to be where the real fighting is at, is also silly. Again, levels do count, and if spent with some thought each level makes you a stronger dueler. IMO, zero-xp dueling is an artificial way of preventing you from being able to duel and be dueled by higher-level fighters. The higher-level players within your range are most probably non-duelers (or mixed builds), and the ones that are pure-fighters will also be zero-xp'ers (and as most of them are res-builds, those duels will be little more than pillow fights).

The reason zero-xp seems to be more popular in this world compared to the previous ones, is obviously because of the town-ranking points (encouraging mass-dueling against soft targets to get as many wins as possible). But frankly, the game is about more than that, and it is just as silly to claim that I use my dueling level to hide from low-level zero-xp'ers (that I would take apart with ease), as it would be for me to criticize you for your 1000+ wins. We have simply chosen different rankings to go for, and I am afraid the two cannot mix..

BTW, thank you for recruiting Phyraliar to IJ2. I was very happy on Friday to see another high-value target for me to try out, and I knocked him out on the very same day. Admittedly it took me six duels to knock out 2620 HP(!) out of him (silly premium soldier res-builds..), but I don't complain about the 975 XP those six wins granted me. It would had been even more if I hadn't run my dueling motivation below sixty before going shopping during the week-end.

He has just come back from KO, and I will be happy to do him again tomorrow when I re-join the Vineyard after my shopping. I expect the new gear I have bought to help me achieve my goal of beating all IJ'ers in my range sooner than I predicted. We shall see.. :)

And Betsy, you little copycat you. Get your own thread, this one is all about me! ;)

First post updated with new dueling stats. Now showing standings on Jan. 3rd, 4th and 8th.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Neo,
I do understand the pros and cons of zero-xp dueling, but I prefer full motivation dueling. There are several reasons, the satisfaction of getting all the rewards and levelling up while dueling are a couple. I am sure most would agree one of the main goals of this game is to gain levels. Full motivation dueling is obviously a better way to do that. :)
As far as dueling levels go, I have long since stopped worrying about it. I have no problem seeing my dueling levels rise, and if someone would like to try and farm me they are more tan welcome to try.

However, I might turn to zero-xp'ing at some stage if I am starting to run out of targets in the IJ's. That will probably be a while, though.

Hooooa,
Great! I am sure we could work together on some of our next-door neighbours!

Also, I forgot to mention in my last post that k0nstantin0s, one of IJ's "illustrious duelers", seems to have had enough after being kept in knock-out by me for a while. A couple of days ago I got him again, and when I looked for him an hour later he had striped of his clothes and left town. His naked corpse is now lying outside of IJ2, with more than a few vultures flying about. For goodness sake, at least give the man a proper burial... ;)

DeletedUser

Sooo, D.Saint, how does it feel to know the founders of Vineyard Extension wanted to kick you out in trade for a non-aggression pact with IJ?

DeletedUser

Sooo, D.Saint, how does it feel to know the founders of Vineyard Extension wanted to kick you out in trade for a non-aggression pact with IJ?
Hellstromm,
I am sorry, but your attempt on propaganda fails miserably this time. The fact that I am back in my town and that I have been promoted, would make it quite clear that the founders of VineyardExtension are quite happy with me and my performance.

Stay tuned for more IJ bashing later today.

Upanator and Dr. No,
I guess you should check the facts your sheriff attempts to feed you before celebrating. Though I thoroughly enjoy this opportunity to set you straight.. ;)

DeletedUser

Hellstromm,
I am sorry, but your attempt on propaganda fails miserably this time. The fact that I am back in my town and that I have been promoted, would make it quite clear that the founders of VineyardExtension are quite happy with me and my performance.
lol, that would be, "throwing you a bone."

I indicated to them it was not a good enough reason to provide a NAP, and requested more. My counter-offer was refused, and once again the offer to have you denied reentry to their town was on the table. At that point, I refused. Yes, you've been allowed to stay in VineyardExtension because of me. How does it feel to know I'm your benefactor?

Would you like me to post the discussion?

DeletedUser

lol, that would be, "throwing you a bone."

I indicated to them it was not a good enough reason to provide a NAP, and requested more. My counter-offer was refused, and once again the offer to have you denied reentry to their town was on the table. At that point, I refused. Yes, you've been allowed to stay in VineyardExtension because of me. How does it feel to know I'm your benefactor?

Would you like me to post the discussion?
Hellstromm,
Throwing of bones, you say. Another idiom comes to my mind. It looks like you have been "played like a violin". Though a badly tuned one, one can gather, from the sounds you repeatedly make (might have been likely to give me somewhat of a headache had it not been so amusing).;)

Negotiations often contain hidden agendas, something I am sure you are very familiar with. You sir, were played along. Vineyard Extension had never any intention of leaving the MC or agree on something as absurd as an NAP with IJ. It was however in our interest to keep yours going for as long as possible. The result is quite clear, there was no deal.

Vineyard Extension couldn't care less about your repeated attacks, something we are quite used to by now. Our mortician stats are inconsequential, as they have no effect on our town rankings. We will continue to fight back with what means we have, and it should be evident by now that this is very frustrating for you. I am still beating your fighters as often as ever, and 3 out of 4 attacks on me last night ended with me winning.

Could it be that Hellstromm, the self-proclaimed master of coercion and propaganda, has found his match in our little town..?

Diggo11

Right putting this thread back to how it always should have been. Seems the bump on my head I got earlier today (never recommend suddenly collapsing near a doorknob) set a few things straight upstairs :S

DeletedUser

Hellstromm,
Throwing of bones, you say. Another idiom comes to my mind. It looks like you have been "played like a violin". --- --- The result is quite clear, there was no deal.

lol, played like a violin? Indeed you were. And yes, there was no deal, because I said "no."

Get over it dude. The presentation was made, the offer was going to be taken, I interjected and said it was insufficient, posed a counter-offer that would have provided us something in the deal, BilleA said he didn't like the counter-offer but still wished to accept the previous offer of a NAP in exchange for you not returning to their town. I flatly rejected that offer, end of story.

Anything else you want to believe, anything else they may have said to you, is merely an effort to patch things up with falsehoods. As I offered once already, I offer again --- do you want me to post the discussion?

DeletedUser

lol, played like a violin? Indeed you were. And yes, there was no deal, because I said "no."

Get over it dude. The presentation was made, the offer was going to be taken, I interjected and said it was insufficient, posed a counter-offer that would have provided us something in the deal, BilleA said he didn't like the counter-offer but still wished to accept the previous offer of a NAP in exchange for you not returning to their town. I flatly rejected that offer, end of story.

Anything else you want to believe, anything else they may have said to you, is merely an effort to patch things up with falsehoods. As I offered once already, I offer again --- do you want me to post the discussion?
Hellstromm,
What stands out to me here, is that you still fail to see that you have been played. Are you really so over-confident in yourself and your diplomatic "muscles" that you can't even imagine the possibility that you have been fooled? You obviously have had the "wool pulled over your eyes" (another idiom for you). Do you realise the risk you are taking by pushing this on? Truly a master of coercion and propaganda, huh?

Let me start by saying that you are not the only one with discussion logs. I have read the whole conversation between you and our two founders (do you always initiate diplomacy after knocking someone out?). I will try to untangle this for you, in other words "wool off".

This whole thing started with Betsy approaching one of our founders. I will quote Betsy herself, right out of this thread:
It occurs to me that a letter to the members of Vineyard, apprising them of the situation might not be remiss. I am, after all, beginning to feel sorry for them. Perhaps if they all got together, they would boot D. Saint out of town and agree to a NAP.
Our founder, obviously being more clever than the average IJ'er, decided to play along and see where this would lead. The idea that IJ wanted me out of Vineyard so bad, quite an admission of defeat, made it all very interesting. How far would they be willing to go?
Sure enough, soon Hellstromm himself took over. The basic proposal (literally the one quoted above) was still there, but now there would be some added demands. The discussion went back and forth, with our founder "agreeing" to the first part to keep Hellstromm interested, but not being willing to accept the second. The end result was no deal.
Hellstromm then, obviously not satisfied, went on to approach our other founder with a similar exchange. Again, the end result was no deal.

Vineyard Extension had never any intention to come to any sort of deal with IJ. The fact that IJ tried so hard to get me off their backs, with three different approaches to reach a deal, clearly shows how frustrated they are with me "farming them" (yes, that was one of the phrases used in the negotiations).
I could not wish for a greater sign of accomplishment than that!

While I was away shopping, from last Friday to Monday, I had an invite at all times and as soon as I got back I was promoted. I was being briefed about IJ's desperation now and then during my absence and I surely enjoyed it.

Again, Vineyard Extension will keep refusing to submit to the IJ's. We will continue fighting back, and yesterday I was told that our founder-builders both won duels against IJ fighters. Things like that keeps us smiling! :)

Please post whatever discussion you have if you still wish to do so.

DeletedUser

lol, so full of it. Now I know you're making crap up to save face. Btw, I didn't approach a second founder (he approached me and we chatted up), nor in truth did I approach the first founder. I took over for Betsy, after the carrot was presented. I then hit with the real offer, which was for your folks to never again oppose us in a fort war:
Hellstromm Today at 5:15 AM
Hi BilleA,

Betsy had to go for a bit, and asked me to finish this up. As previously discussed, we are amenable to a NAP on the condition D.Saint is not allowed to return. However, as you know, that's a win/win for your town, and thus we request to include that your township will also not participate in any attacks on our forts, and will not participate in defense of any forts we attack.

If these terms are acceptable, I will make the NAP official.

BilleA Today at 6:36 AM
Hey Hells

The guys at the Vineyard love their fort battles, and the deal you offer pretty much means we couldn't go to fort battles anymore. Since our towns are close together, we will always be interested in the same forts!
As I discussed with Betsy, we are happy to kick D.Saint out and handle his potential revenge in return for a NAP with you guys. As you say, it's a win/win situation: You'll get your way against D.Saint and it'll piss him off (I doubt he'll join Arsenal FC or any other close by town) and our benefits are obvious.
Unfortunately I can't think of anything else I could offer you in return (free shopping? lol)... restricting fort battles is too complicated and really takes the fun out of the game.

Cheers,
~B

PS: it took you 7 attempts to KO me in my worker's clothes

Hellstromm Today at 6:59 AM
On the D.Saint scene, I'm sure you're well aware he'll merely move to another town (as he has already admitted having done btw), and continue his attacks, providing a service to you for his most minuscule of sacrifices.

BilleA, let's be honest. You are being attacked repeatedly by us, more so now that your town is MC. The offer presented is that your residents are no longer attacked by us which, in and of itself, is a huge benefit. Your peeps keep their energy, keep their cash, and keep awake to complete whatever tasks they endeavor to complete. In return, you offer us what? D.Saint no longer having residence in your particular town but still capable of, and willing to, farm from another town?

I want to add a clarification, since I realized my earlier brief message failed to provide sufficient information:

It is not merely any fort attack or defense we participate in, but attacks we initiate or forts we own. Thus if we initiate a fort attack, or the fort we defend is owned by us, then your residents will not participate. All other fort wars, and that means almost every fort war that has happened, no restrictions on your participation.

What I'm offering is reasonable, and I'm rather sure your residents will appreciate it. I'm willing to work with this offer, but an outright refusal serves no purpose.

BilleA Today at 8:40 AM
Let's go back to the start where Betsy made us an offer: we drop D.Saint and you guys will stop attacking us, and I thought it was a fair deal. Remember that this offer came from you guys, it wasn't me who thought it out.

Now you are adding more to this deal and I don't like it anymore, simple as that. I really don't care how often you guys attack us. It doesn't bother me. If it did, I would have probably quit the game by now.

You say that an outright refusal serves no purpose. But you forget that Betsy made us an offer that I liked and then you changed it to see if you can get some more out of it. So it's not an outright refusal, but a refusal of the changed conditions of the deal.

I am happy to continue talking about the original deal.

Hellstromm Today at 9:03 AM
Right, we're done then.

DeletedUser

Yes, I read all that a few days ago and re-read it again today. Great little behind-the-scenes look there, I must say. And how does that testify against anything of what I have been saying? Especially when the results came to nothing (and believe me, there was nothing there "but smoke and mirrors").

And of course there is more. You tried to pick up the pieces, being "surprised" that there "was no counter proposal", etc. I'll post the details tomorrow as I'm on the train towards some festivities tonight.

In the meanwhile, I suggest you think about how sure you can be that Bille was being sincere when she offered to boot me? I mean, look at the facts, what has really happened here? I'll tell you what happened. You were taken for a ride. Sooner or later you will have to admit it, if nothing else then at least to yourself. It should be evident to everyone else by now.

DeletedUser

In the meanwhile, I suggest you think about how sure you can be that Bille was being sincere when she offered to boot me? I mean, look at the facts, what has really happened here? I'll tell you what happened. You were taken for a ride. Sooner or later you will have to admit it, if nothing else then at least to yourself. It should be evident to everyone else by now.

And how can you be sure that BilleA didn't lie to you after no deal was made ? ;)