P&P Shooting up the saloons: Vineyard vs. the IJ's

DeletedUser

It's rather obvious he is being played, as "I read all that a few days ago" means he read it after I declined the proposal, since the discussion started far longer than "a few days ago." Whatever, I'm going to leave D.Saint to save face. No point rubbing it in.

DeletedUser

You were taken for a ride.
For Hellstromm to have been taken for a ride, Vineyard should have gotten something out of it. Did they get anything out of it? No.

Now you can go on about the ride all you want, but the fact remains that your dismissal was on offer. You should really think hard about how real that offer was from BilleA, and whether your promotion in town was just to compensate for the fact that they wanted to sell you out.

DeletedUser

And how can you be sure that BilleA didn't lie to you after no deal was made ? ;)

Maybe he trust his leaders more than you trust yours?

IRT ir.ufis

His Promotion was my Idea, and it Had NOTHING to do with compensating for anything, I can tell you that much, and D.Saint knows that, and he knows why he was promoted :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hmm, so Jack, should I post your comment to me about how you guys were pissed at his initiating this alleged war without first discussing it with any of you? :cool:

DeletedUser

And how can you be sure that BilleA didn't lie to you after no deal was made ?
Good point. I cannot know that, but I can look at what has actually happened and come to the conclusion that she was not.

• I have always received nothing but appreciation from my town's founders and members, being cheered on from the very start. I have had a thread similar to this one going in our town-forum since the start of December.
  • When I was away from town shopping (between Dec. 8-11), I was informed by telegram about IJ's attempts to get me booted. At the same time I was offered a promotion to town's counsellor and I had an invite extended at all times.
  • When I got back I got to read through the negotiation logs and comments about them in our town-forum's leader section. It was all very clear.

For Hellstromm to have been taken for a ride, Vineyard should have gotten something out of it. Did they get anything out of it? No.
I beg to differ. Spreading false hope and misinformation to your enemies is a goal in itself. BilleA managed that just perfectly. Having IJ off our backs a few days while I was away was also somewhat of an advantage, though admittedly much less significant since it doesn't bother us much anyway.
But first and foremost, BilleA wanted to see how desperate IJ were. I quote our town-forum's leader section, where BilleA is commenting the negotiations.

"First of all, it was never my intention to throw D. Saint out of town (or not invite him back, which ever one it was). It was mainly a bargaining tool to see how desperate IJ was. I thought if the IJ's really were to agree to a NAP under the condition he was not here anymore, it would be the ultimate win for him. More than he could ever achieve by constantly duelling them. Imagine if the word had gotten out... I even promised Betsy to keep it quiet, lol. Once Hellstromm got involved, I played him to see if I could change his mind. And he tried to do the same with me I guess ..."

Hellstromm,

You still claim it to be perfectly true that BilleA was about to boot me, even though it never happened, refusing to acknowledge even the possibility that she was merely playing you along. As far as I can see, that can only be possible with you being omniscient, having full insight into BilleA's thoughts about the matter. Another possibility, that I find more likely, is that you are so over-confident and have such belief in yourself that you being fooled seems impossible.
Throwing divine abilities and belief aside, let us look at the actual facts known to everyone about what has happened here.

• You tried to get Vineyard to throw me out, first through Betsy and then through you, discussing the matter with both of Vineyard's founders.
  • Even though you got what you think was a positive reaction, I was never booted.
  • In the end, the only result of your diplomacy was me getting promoted.
As far as I can see, you had four goals with your negotiations,

1. to get me booted.
  2. to get a NAP with Vineyard.
  3. to break Vineyard out of MC.
  4. to prevent Vineyard from fighting in fort battles against you, good old divide et impera.
You claim that the first two goals were sealed, but as you pushed on you failed to achieve the two other goals thus refusing the first part and indirectly allowing me to stay in Vineyard, making you my "benefactor".

Ask yourself how likely such a deal was to have actually been implemented. Would it be possible for Vineyard to have an NAP with IJ while at the same time being a member of MC?
I would say no, such a deal would have been logically impossible. BilleA knew that and had no intention of implementing such folly.

I hope any reply to this will be more than just another, "lol still trying to save face" post, and instead an actual attempt at proving me wrong. That would be far more interesting.

DeletedUser

I beg to differ. Spreading false hope and misinformation to your enemies is a goal in itself. BilleA managed that just perfectly. Having IJ off our backs a few days while I was away was also somewhat of an advantage, though admittedly much less significant since it doesn't bother us much anyway.
But first and foremost, BilleA wanted to see how desperate IJ were. I quote our town-forum's leader section, where BilleA is commenting the negotiations.

"First of all, it was never my intention to throw D. Saint out of town (or not invite him back, which ever one it was). It was mainly a bargaining tool to see how desperate IJ was. I thought if the IJ's really were to agree to a NAP under the condition he was not here anymore, it would be the ultimate win for him. More than he could ever achieve by constantly duelling them. Imagine if the word had gotten out... I even promised Betsy to keep it quiet, lol. Once Hellstromm got involved, I played him to see if I could change his mind. And he tried to do the same with me I guess ..."

Almost, but not quite, D. By saying "promised Betsy to keep it quiet, lol.", Bille makes it seem as though I wanted it quiet and he/she was agreeing to this silence. And since we never did agree to a NAP based on the sole condition of you being absent, then you never did have the "ultimate win", now did you?

The main reason I suggested a NAP was because I was feeling sorry for the majority of the members of Vineyard Extension who seemed to be spending an inordinate amount of time KO'ed. Believe me, D, my sympathy and pity is gone.

Transcripts:

Betsy On 1/9/10 at 11:23 PM
Hi, Bille

So, I see that D. Saint is not a member of Vineyard Extension at the moment. You are aware that he singlehandedly started a war with IJ and IJ2, are you not?

I'm willing to go out on a limb here and say that if you and your councilors agree to keep him out of your town, we might be able to reach some sort of agreement between our towns and yours.

Cheers,
Betsy

BilleA On 1/9/10 at 11:55 PM
Hi Betsy

Yes, he decided to take you guys on without telling us first, or asking for opinions, which I wasn't too happy about. We tolerate it because we have been/getting bashed badly, and it's nice to see that someone is trying to something about it.

But - in the interest of the rest of our town members - I am happy to not invite him back if we can agree that the IJ towns are not going to attack us anymore.

Cheers,
~B

Betsy On 1/10/10 at 2:18 AM
Quick question, Bille. Are you willing to let go of the "MC" part of your town's name?

:D

BilleA On 1/10/10 at 2:39 AM
No, we will stay in the MC. But we are happy to kick D. Saint out of our town, fully aware that he will most likely turn against us. But it's better to have only 1 player against us than 2 IJ towns or 20 MC towns ;)
Also, I am happy to keep quiet about our arrangement. I am not big on broadcasting stuff in the forums anyway :p

DeletedUser

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Betsy again.

DeletedUser

oh hey, and just for extra giggles, "You have shot D. Saint and he passed out!"

DeletedUser

...And since we never did agree to a NAP based on the sole condition of you being absent, then you never did have the "ultimate win", now did you?
Thank you for settling this once and for all, Betsy. There was indeed no agreement. So much for your (not-so?) omniscient sheriff's constant claims that he had the deal sealed, then turning it down and "allowing" me to stay in Vineyard.

As far as me goes, I am happy enough that you even attempted to get me booted. I actually find it quite flattering.

oh hey, and just for extra giggles, "You have shot D. Saint and he passed out!"
Hellstromm,
Well done! Knocking me out is quite the accomplishment for an IJ'er. After all, it has only happened once before and almost two months ago.
I was of course happy to take some bullets in order to keep Fort Free Tibet MC safe. Lord knows it serves me very well in my "agricultural labour"..

Back on track then. Let me share my latest stats, along with the first ones (incremental stats can be seen in the first post of this thread, and the most updated ones are always on my in-game profile). Not bad for two weeks of fighting, with an extended weekend off for shopping.

January 3rd
DUELS, won/lost: 97 / 23 (4.2:1)
KO's, inflicted/suffered: 19 / 1 (19:1)
XP, gained/given away: 10267 / 2604 (3.9:1)
MONEY, taken/lost: $2495 / $210 (11.9:1)

January 18th
DUELS, won/lost: 150 / 30 (5:1)
KO's, inflicted/suffered: 25 / 1 (25:1)
XP, gained/given away: 15808 / 3949 (4:1)
MONEY, taken/lost: $4680 / $221 (21.2:1)

DeletedUser

Haha, I got some anonymous negative rep, referring to this thread: :)

"17-01-2010 05:33 PM This is becomming a desperate plea for attention"
"19-01-2010 04:49 AM - that was a pathetic effort at saving face, try harder."

Keep it coming! In the meanwhile I'll keep shooting up the IJ saloons. I will always find action to be much more satisfying than anonymous slander. ;)

DeletedUser

Quote by D.Saint in a recruitment thread :-

Are you a tough and skilled fighter?
Do you want a real challenge?
Do you want to have plenty of dueling action?
Do you want to fight the Infraction Junctions?

These are apparently the required skills needed to join Vineyard Extension.
Do I take it then from this posting that you no longer find IJ members easy prey? They have become "challenging" targets

And how pray tell can you actually fight the Infraction Junctions. The members yes, but the actual town entities?
oh I forgot to sign your rep, sorry

DeletedUser

They're only challenging for mere mortals who aren't D.Saint, of course. :D

DeletedUser

Do I take it then from this posting that you no longer find IJ members easy prey? They have become "challenging" targets

And how pray tell can you actually fight the Infraction Junctions. The members yes, but the actual town entities?
godsarseii,
The members are what makes a town, wouldn't you say?
I have always considered the IJ's to be a challenge, if not I wouldn't be bothering with any of this. The references I make to "farming", etc., is more tongue-in-cheek than not, and is meant to be a bit provocative at most..

If I look at the IJ'ers I fight, most of them are certainly a challenge. To begin, there are not that many I can duel. IJ currently has 4 players and IJ2 has 6 within my range. Phyraliar and Erus (who has become much better lately), are both tough enough to give me very close wins and a few losses now and then. Only today I managed to beat rossi529 for the first time (impressive defensive skills, especially considering she is an adventurer) and George Hurst, with 13 levels one me, is still not a "notch on my gun", although I had a rather close 708-728 loss against him not long ago.
The two other IJ'ers that I frequently duel are The Ace of Spades and Sluffo. Ace has beaten me once and been very close several times, but Sluffo is admittedly not a challenge any longer.

The other four are worth less than 50 XP for me, and I very rarely bother with them. I got cro sharpshooter once just before the last battle over Fort Free Tibet, but I can't remember when I last dueled any of on the others.

To conclude, most IJ'ers I duel are indeed a challenge and I have still to achieve beating all of them (though only one remains). Maybe you guys can recruit a few more targets for me..? ;)

RorschashUK,
I am very much mortal too, but I do wish that the IJ's would be able to prove it a bit more often.. :)

DeletedUser

Are you willing to stay in a town with no duel points?
Do you want to have 48hr duel free breaks?
Do you want to have to always nip off and bank your money?

Then VineyardExtension MC is for you :0

DeletedUser

I have always considered the IJ's to be a challenge, if not I wouldn't be bothering with any of this. The references I make to "farming", etc., is more tongue-in-cheek...
*/me pinches D. Saint's tongue-in-cheek*

Isn't he adorable?

DeletedUser

I have received some more anonymous negative rep in reference to this thread:

"19-01-2010 02:58 PM slander is temporarily uttered or gesticulated, libel is published or otherwise fixed.therefore the neg reps you recieved are perfectly acceptable because they are patently true."
"20-01-2010 12:51 AM You lost. Get over it."

As Hellstromm's argumentation has been reduced to "lol'ing" and "pinching" and I keep winning the lion's share of my duels against them (and I haven't even been attacked once since Jan. 14th.), the IJ's seems to have resorted to hit me with... bad rep..!!?? :)

Mr./Mrs. Anonymous no.1,
To claim the previous rep to be "patently true", would be a hard position to defend as they are obviously very subjective opinions. But it is not really the rep or comments that I object to, it is the fact that they are anonymous. If this is the only way for you to get at me, at least stand up for it! ;)

Meanwhile in The West, I just logged wins no. 160 and 161 onto my profile. Thank you Erus!

DeletedUser

You have just 195 duel wins! Hell, I passed 1000 awhile ago. I mean, sheesh, you're less than 1:5 on total duels there D.Saint! Wanna think you're something special, you'll need to yank it up a bit, because all your hot air is just that, which is just one of my reasons for giving you "lol"s and "pinches." Besides, your efforts to save face are cute.

Oh, and since you do not know who posted those red reps, it's rather presumptuous to assume it was from an IJer. There are plenty of other townships giggling at your antics.

DeletedUser

The wording may be a bit off, but a NAP should include no opposition in forts. I see the mention of that as simple clarification of the terms of the NAP. The clarification that it would include only fights initiated by IJ or on forts owned by IJ just confirms this.