New Character Classes

DeletedUser

i like the idea, but i agree that you should increase exp to be equal to the level of the NPC. that way, challenging a harder NPC has a reward. also, the limit per day should be decreased to around 3, so that a player can't sit in town for 1-2hrs dueling NPC's gaining easy experience.

but i honestly really like the idea, especially changing the dueling rounds. that seems like an easy change, and making a duel last only 6 rounds would be interesting. it seems to me like this world would be a bit of a dueling-based world, eliminating the worker class. a dueling world would be very exciting, as dueling is always different. i think a different construction system should be used though (1/2 as many labor points required) to make the constructing character build obsolete. it should actually discourage pure builders, so that the world can be full of fighting and excitement.
6 months ago i promised myself i would remain only on w1 en. and the beta server. so i won't be joining a new world unless i quit one of those two. but if a more dueling orientated world came out such as the one you've made HotNsexy, i would join it despite my promise, since it would be too good to miss.

Alright. Experience = Players' regular level.

Now why didn't I just think of decreasing the amount of times you can duel an NPC per day? :unsure: I'm gonna lower it to 5. I don't think 3 is enough.

I didn't really intend to establish a world more orientated to dueling, just new worlds with different features and aspects, but if players want to look at it that way, maybe the devs will too, and I have no problem with it.

DeletedUser

well, maybe not just dueling, but fighting in general. that would be absolutely sick, and be very exciting.

and if we are going to label this a dueling/fighting world, you might want to change the bonuses of pilgrim, just because its a pure job character. maybe faster health regain? (4% while working rather than 2%, and 10% while doing nothing. hotels could be faster too.) that would be a very powerful bonus for fighting, to outway the job bonuses. i'd say get rid of the motivation or labor points bonuses. .

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Belive me, this idea will never be aproved.

Create new advantagens, don't use the same always. You can create something that increase your apperance by 50% on duels, or reflex, or toughnes.

Don't know just think.

Something that decrease the LP points by 5% to any job.

Something that decrease the time to a duel begin like -2 minutes(8 minutes with the bonus)

Something that let you buy stuff at half price with you are not on the town(normal price with premium)

Something that let you sleep on forts that you not own.

Something that decrease the time you stay koed by one 12 hours

Something that decrease the lvl need to use clothes by 5

Something that decrease the shop price if you are in the town by 15%

Something that make you master one single skill adding 20% points to that skill(you choose when you select your avatar and cannot be changed)

Something that can make you hide your equipement, like you hide your weapon and with premium you hide your full gear.

Well how can you say that there is no bonus that can be added? You have a big leak of creativity. You can thank me for these sugestions, and if you think for a momment you will discovery that there are a lot of good bonus that can be added.

DeletedUser

You need to realize that the bonuses cannot completely upset the balance of the game.
Most of your bonus ideas are just way too good for the classes. It's not that they are bad bonus ideas, but they either offer too much or one of the existing ones is simply better and would help players more.

Something that decrease the LP points by 5% to any job.
There's already one that reduces LP under the pioneer class.

Something that decrease the time to a duel begin like -2 minutes(8 minutes with the bonus)
This wold create even more dueling problems that this game doesn't need.

Something that let you buy stuff at half price with you are not on the town(normal price with premium)
why have this instead of something that's already there?

Something that let you sleep on forts that you not own.
This might be good. Of course there would have to be a level restriction.

Something that decrease the time you stay koed by one 12 hours
What's the point? Why have this instead of something else that's already there?

Something that decrease the lvl need to use clothes by 5
Not needed. Clothing levels are already low enough to use and players don't have the money needed to afford most of the stuff when they reach a certain item's level anyway until later in the game.

Something that decrease the shop price if you are in the town by 15%
Too good of a bonus.

Something that make you master one single skill adding 20% points to that skill(you choose when you select your avatar and cannot be changed)
Ridiculous bonus. Way too good.

DeletedUser

If they are too good, lower the value.

Remember these are just ideas that I had in the momment I was posting, so don't come here and tell me there is no bonus avalible to be implemented

DeletedUser

The bonuses you proposed just aren't needed. There's no need for most of the bonuses you provided. I said there's really no other bonuses because there really aren't. There would just be no point to them. They're not necessarily bad, they're just not needed for this game.

I did add the fort bonus you suggested but that may cause problems for the devs since everything right now is configured so that outsiders cannot enter forts.
I also added something that would decrease the time for the rejoin timer - both added to the native american class.

DeletedUser

I added an idea for the new character classes that I think just might make them even better.

Wouldn't it be cool if you could unlock new bonuses as you level up? As a result of this change, I decided to make each character class start off with 3 bonuses, and have 3 bonuses available to be unlocked as a player levels up.

check it out and let me know what you all think.

and skull, i decided to take several of your suggestions for my new idea of unlocking more bonuses for higher levels. I try to take all suggestions into consideration to make the idea better :)

DeletedUser

Don't take my ideas just to make me happy ¬¬

I'm just trying to help cause I like to support good fellows

And I suggest you put these new bonus on a new thread. Like "Idea to unlock new advantages as you lvl up" than you put soldier, adventurer, builder and dueler with new advantages that will help the class.

I think it will be better you put one idea per thread :S

DeletedUser

I think some of your bonuses would work well for a process of unlocking more bonuses as you level up to encourage players to continue playing. I'm going to make a few changes to the bonuses. I thought of this last night before i went to sleep.

I'm going to leave this thread here for another week or so then submit it. All these ideas are really for just future worlds. Old world would not be updated with any of these features. They're here to help make new worlds different for players to experience variety and fun.

DeletedUser

I finished all the bonuses. I added some bonuses that can be unlocked to help with current in-game issues such as the town rejoin timer, protecting yourself from being dueled, and respecing.

I would love to hear everyone's opinions for the new character class change and also for the NPC dueling system! Please leave a comment. :)

DeletedUser

I think i prefer the idea of unlocking boonuses. It gives something to help you keep going and not get bored.

DeletedUser

i like the new bonuses for leveling up idea, but it would be more interesting to have just 2 times when you can get a new bonus, but you have to pick which one you want. that way, not all players of the same class will have the same bonuses.

DeletedUser

I like the general idea behind what you said. I decided to make it so that every player can choose 2 of the 3 original bonuses to have, while the third will just be discarded or something.

With that, I've submitted this idea for development and discussion.

DeletedUser

only 2 bonuses? uh, ok. i'd like to have 3 or 4, but i guess that works.

DeletedUser

2 bonuses and can unlock 3 more as you level up. I think it was fine the way it was...I could always just change it back...whatever

DeletedUser18310

I like the idea you pitched at the start of this post. I think, maybe you could add a fifth avatar to each class? Like:

Worker: Farmer
Dueler: Outlaw
Adventurer: Explorer
Soldier: Lawman

trancel

DeletedUser

OK I'll admit to thinking out loud here. I just thought this one up and I don't know if it would work but...

How about a low level - generations world.
Idea works like this maximum level is 20. At level 21 your character "dies" and is replaced by the next generation. Every subsequent generation after the 1st starts with an extra +1 to each attribute. So your level 1 son has +1 Str, +1 Mob, +1 Dex, +1 Chr. For grandson that is +2 etc. Every time you die you lose all items or a random % of items and all goods and money.
It will make it much harder to max out towns, and forts as well.

DeletedUser

I don't think a 5th avatar is needed, but if this gets moved to development and discussion, a 5th class can be created.

bambara, I don't think your idea would work for this. It seems really complicated and needs a ton of development before it goes anywhere. and i'm not going to add something completely new to this thread since i've already submitted it for d&d.

Red Falcon

Well, I have to admit...This idea is very VERY well-thought-out. However, there are a lot of details involved with this idea. And so, while this will keep players of The West occupied for a while yet, we do not want to be adding in too many new features at once. Or else, players will never be able to even come close to completing everything they could do with these updates. And any players who are new are going to have a WAY LARGE number of things to do and it might simply be too much for them to handle! But this idea IS good. Note: A lot of application makers have these weekly and monthly updates and every time they add in something new to one of their games, I feel like I was just about to finish one section of the game, and then they add in a whole new section! And now I end up back at square one! And getting on the hiscores on those MySpace apps? Forget it! Too many people have been cheating on those games, and because there is no level cap on them, those people who cheated to get into the hiscores have an unfair advantage to those who actually play the game honestly, like I do.