New Character Classes

DeletedUser

Luck never seems to affect me. Maybe because i go for the high exp jobs.

Increase the labour point reduction. 5 Points isn't enough, when you see jobs that are 200 difficulty or higher.

DeletedUser

5% luck addition = better chance to find a more valuable item, 5% more luck could make a difference for the end-game jobs that have high luck and really make players happy when they find something incredible.

I was thinking about 10 points reduction(nothing more because it wouldn't be a way unbalanced bonus), but you need to remember 5 labor points for certain jobs(especially the high level jobs) means 5 skill points or 1 Attribute point and 3 skill points(leveling up basically), etc...so I think it does save a lot of time. But of course, if more players want more, then I'll change it :)

DeletedUser

I think 10 would be good as it gives adventeurers the monkey makers. As they should be.

DeletedUser

Alright, so I'm changing the luck bonus back to the speed bonus simply because adding 5% luck would require the devs to do too much as they would have to change each job to accommodate the bonus for the pioneer class.

I still think 5 labor points is pretty good though. As I said before, I have no problem making it higher if other players want it higher as well.

DeletedUser

Double post! :|

I tink 10 points would happen, as it would be like doing a job 2 lvls earlier.

DeletedUser

Yes, that's exactly why I like 5 points. Don't you think being able to do a job 1 level early is good enough? The classes need to stay as balanced as possible.

DeletedUser

Zet has said that they don't want to have different settings on different worlds, as it would cost to much (time and money) to run and develop new stuff at the same time.

Since Zet's statement was presented in another thread, I thought I put it into here to respond to your statement.

zet said:
What I (and all other devs) would always rule out because of technical problems is to maintain different duel systems so that different worlds would have different systems. This is not an option.

So Timo, I think what zet said doesn't apply to my ideas (except maybe for the very small and insignificant feature of different duel rounds, which can be eliminated from discussion with ease)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My only concern is most of the emphasis seems to be on the character bonuses, rather than on the actual game play. I think your later suggestions regarding faster world speeds, variable duel lengths, growing ghost towns, would be very helpful.

Sounds like a western version of Tribal Wars!!! [in a good way].

One addition.
Perhaps make it possible for people to duel a quest type dueler in ghost towns each day to get money / XP [wouldn't affect regular dueling motivation/energy, just an expenditure of time to visit the various towns. Perhaps ghost town bank robbery or something. [Kind of like "farming" in TribalWars].

These suggestions combined with the suggestions regarding research levels, would really add interest to the game.

Also, perhaps make it so products are needed NOT only to build the fort, but also to build the higher levels of towns.

Lastly, I still would like to see sheriffs that can jail people / jail breakouts, too.

DeletedUser

My only concern is most of the emphasis seems to be on the character bonuses, rather than on the actual game play. I think your later suggestions regarding faster world speeds, variable duel lengths, growing ghost towns, would be very helpful.

True. Character classes are the main emphasis, as it seems to be the most realistic and the one feature that needed the most development. But all the ideas are in a package, so when this idea gets voted on, everyone would be voting on the idea as a whole. Whether the devs want to take specific features, instead of the whole package, is up to them.

One addition.
Perhaps make it possible for people to duel a quest type dueler in ghost towns each day to get money / XP [wouldn't affect regular dueling motivation/energy, just an expenditure of time to visit the various towns. Perhaps ghost town bank robbery or something. [Kind of like "farming" in TribalWars].

I think that would abuse the general game system, if everyone could just get money and experience all the time. Who would even bother doing jobs or dueling other players if they could just get money and exp dueling NPCs?

Would it interest anyone to add a "training ground" for you to duel NPC's just to play around with dueling, sort of like a simulator? Also, there could be a NPC dueling system that rewards you with "items" like job products if you win against a NPC a certain number of times or get high hits, or any other goal. There would be different level NPC's to duel with different dueling builds. I'll develop the idea further later today if that sounds good and i'll add it to the first post.

These suggestions combined with the suggestions regarding research levels, would really add interest to the game.

I'll make note of the research levels and put a link to that idea in the first post. Someone suggested this idea work in combination with research levels before.

Also, perhaps make it so products are needed NOT only to build the fort, but also to build the higher levels of towns.

Lastly, I still would like to see sheriffs that can jail people / jail breakouts, too.

I think those two would need their own development as separate ideas, instead of being stuffed into this one.

DeletedUser

But all the ideas are in a package, so when this idea gets voted on, everyone would be voting on the idea as a whole.
They should do, but some won't. Some will look at the idea and see a bit they don't like and vote no just 'cause of that bit.

DeletedUser

I just added a NPC Dueling System to my list of ideas, check it out and leave some feedback! It's not 100% complete, will be done later.

DeletedUser

I think that would abuse the general game system, if everyone could just get money and experience all the time. Who would even bother doing jobs or dueling other players if they could just get money and exp dueling NPCs?

Well farming is allowed [virtually a requirement] in order to do well in TribalWars and it certainly didn't take away from tribes [or towns] fighting there, so doubt it would here. It would just change WHY they fight, ie 0 motivation duelers would farm the ghost towns, but only "real duels" would count toward duel rankings. Also, considering the distances involved, they would have to spend a LOT of time farming in order to make a good "living".

DeletedUser

This game is different from tribalwars. The goal here for most players is to reach lvl 99. The goal in tribalwars is to conquer villages. Completely different concepts. With what you're proposing, players would just duel NPC"s all the time to gain experience and money and that would be along the lines of power leveling, which would ruin this game.

Take a look at my NPC Dueling System and let me know what you think. Would that work in place of your concept?

DeletedUser

Alright, I completed the NPC Dueling System Idea. It offers you a chance to duel, do "quests," gain rewards, and have fun all in one go. Is anyone interested in seeing a feature like that in the future?

DeletedUser

Alright, I completed the NPC Dueling System Idea. It offers you a chance to duel, do "quests," gain rewards, and have fun all in one go. Is anyone interested in seeing a feature like that in the future?

Well, I like the idea, since it adds something different to the game.

But I wonder, why would a dueler fight those NPC, if the exp is so low, when they could beat the crap out of real players and gain more EXP, money and wins to their mortician?

DeletedUser

As you said, it adds something different to the game. Players are bored by doing the same things over and over again. With the NPC dueling system, players can go do something different whenever they get bored with the same daily routine. Many players want more quests, well this kind of covers that with duel related quests. This isn't supposed to dominate the game. It's really just something else to do so there's more variety.

I originally had the experience you gained = to your level. So a level 50 would gain 50 exp per win. So if you think that would be better than what I have now which is half, then i'll change it back. But I really want to avoid power leveling. If I make the experience gained equal to your level, a player say at level 50, can duel NPC's 10 times, gain 500 experience possibly if they win, and it would only take 100 minutes to do, so you can just sleep and recover all your energy after and go out and do more jobs that could give you 300-400 more exp in a day. And that seems like a little too much exp for a exp ***** to get. I'm really trying to just avoid abuse of the system.

Because the NPC stats are always random, you don't necessarily need to be good a dueling to take them on.

DeletedUser

Is there anyone else who would like to comment on the NPC Dueling System or on this overall idea in general?

If more comments aren't given to the NPC Dueling System, I'll might have to remove it from this thread and start it off as a separate individual idea in a new thread before I submit this thread for development.

DeletedUser

i like the idea, but i agree that you should increase exp to be equal to the level of the NPC. that way, challenging a harder NPC has a reward. also, the limit per day should be decreased to around 3, so that a player can't sit in town for 1-2hrs dueling NPC's gaining easy experience.

but i honestly really like the idea, especially changing the dueling rounds. that seems like an easy change, and making a duel last only 6 rounds would be interesting. it seems to me like this world would be a bit of a dueling-based world, eliminating the worker class. a dueling world would be very exciting, as dueling is always different. i think a different construction system should be used though (1/2 as many labor points required) to make the constructing character build obsolete. it should actually discourage pure builders, so that the world can be full of fighting and excitement.
6 months ago i promised myself i would remain only on w1 en. and the beta server. so i won't be joining a new world unless i quit one of those two. but if a more dueling orientated world came out such as the one you've made HotNsexy, i would join it despite my promise, since it would be too good to miss.