L 67 Quest !

DeletedUser

The raid (Emerging)

Step out of your hiding spot and join the bandits.
Hint: In this quest you have a choice. You can tell the Sheriff about the mugs or join them.

I think there is no other choice any more.... From how I read it the choice was one quest ago, and it seems we all accepted and finished this 30-exp quest. I think at that moment the Sheriff had another option too. Not anymore.

My guess would be when you are at The raid (Emerging), time of choise is over. And yes, Im pretty sick of that too, I dont wanna do Bounty Hunter​

I think the choice is made when you completed The raid (Emerging), not while you are at it.

DeletedUser8269

I so hope you're right....
Though the Bounty Hunter thing is gonna take me forever Im afraid :s

DeletedUser

So far what I know is:

The raid (Burying)
 ↳The raid (Listening)
  ↳The raid (Emerging)
   ↳The raid (Participating)
  ↳The raid (Notifying)
  ↳The raid (Searching)

DeletedUser8269

So far what I know is:

The raid (Burying)
 ↳The raid (Listening)
  ↳The raid (Emerging)
   ↳The raid (Participating)
  ↳The raid (Notifying)
  ↳The raid (Searching)

Could you please explain that a bit more ?
I did the Burying, Listening and Emerging ones. The Searching one is available too but I cant find the Notifying ?

What exactly is the decision point ?

DeletedUser

I also have excepted the participating part of the quest and therefore think it is to late to cancel and notify the sheriff so I have to wate about 6 months before I can do bounty hunting, has anybody else actually got the sheriff quest or know if you can change to it?

DeletedUser8269

I did not Accept the Participating quest yet, but I do think its too late to notify the Sheriff, I think therefore the Emerging quest shouldnt have been accepted/completed.

More info would be very welcome :)

DeletedUser

Same here. I seem to have missed to point of choice as well. I assume it vanishes as soon as you accept the The raid(emerging) quest, as I checked the saloon after accepting and there was no interaction indicated with the sheriff.

So yes a clear articulation of the choice to be made "before accepting the quest" would have been appreciated. However, I would have decided to go along this path anyway for the following reasons.

If it were friends of my "brother", who is in jail right now and put all his trust in me to act on his behalf, then I wouldn't have the best relationship with the authorities anyways and keep running to the sheriff. Neither would I let my "brother" down.

Cheers,
Bonez

DeletedUser

I'm glad I don't have enough Hiding to get that far ... sounds like another quest that got lost in translation :\

DeletedUser

If it were friends of my "brother", who is in jail right now and put all his trust in me to act on his behalf, then I wouldn't have the best relationship with the authorities anyways and keep running to the sheriff. Neither would I let my "brother" down.

Then again, you are not the brother of Jeremy, but the dead guy you found in the desert is.
And if you were, female characters would have to get a different letter, since the letter always uses "little brother" to adress the reader.

DeletedUser

And if you were, female characters would have to get a different letter, since the letter always uses "little brother" to adress the reader.

no they dont, cus they still find a dead guy to whom a brother from jail wrote the letter

DeletedUser

Has anybody actually accepted the sheriff quest yet. I think the point where you have to choose is unclear and you would have thought even after excepting the participating part you could still go to the sheriff with even more information than before you 'emerged'. I do not want to do the bounty hunter bit but appear to be stuck with it. I hope the developers change it so you can still except the sheriffs bit but doubt they will as they never listen to or act on anything thats written on this forum.

DeletedUser

Could you please explain that a bit more ?
I did the Burying, Listening and Emerging ones. The Searching one is available too but I cant find the Notifying ?

What exactly is the decision point ?

Perhaps you'll have to actually return to your town for The raid (Notifying) to appear, just like some quest giver jobs. Just a guess.

DeletedUser

Perhaps you'll have to actually return to your town for The raid (Notifying) to appear, just like some quest giver jobs. Just a guess.
No, you don't need to.
If you accept Emerging, Notifying will disappear, unless you cancel Emerging.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What about if you have excepted the emerging bit and the participarting bit does anybody know if you you cancel the participating you will get the notifying bit?

DeletedUser8269

I think you can only accept the Participating quest if you have not only accepted the Emerging quest but also completed it.
And when you have completed Emerging, there is no turning back imo.

DeletedUser

Then I think the instructions, though not very explicit, is still intelligible enough for conscious minds to tell where is the diverse point for this quest. The mission description for Emerging reads:

The raid (Emerging)

Step out of your hiding spot and join the bandits.
Hint: In this quest you have a choice. You can tell the Sheriff about the mugs or join them.

It's sensible that either you do not emerge and go telling the Sheriff now, or emerge and join the bandits. I think people were just clicking "Accept" then "Complete" because there's no other actions needed inbetween, before they actually read the text and understood it was too late, and the only thing they thought of (or could do anyway) was to come up and complain :laugh:

DeletedUser

I found Dickenson Forest as part of this quest and can not get it to accept the quest. It tells me that I do not meet the requirements?

I don't see any requirements. Other people can do it with no problem

DeletedUser

Have you completed all available quests from the initial quest giver? Maybe that's the roadblock.

DeletedUser

I didn't do bounty hunter. But with talking to another person who was able to accept the quest that was not a requirement.

I don't get it.