L 67 Quest !

DeletedUser

did that person also chose the way you and me chose, or did he/she choose the "sheriff" quest.

DeletedUser

Clickclick, did you go to the actual dot to accept the quest. You have to be standing physically there to accept it.

DeletedUser

I have been there. SEVERAL TIMES. I even did the 9hrs of exploration and then checked it SEVERAL TIMES again. grrrr

DeletedUser

OK, to back up. You went to the far right corner. Accepted the quest. Performed those three requirements it asked of you. Then completed the quest. Then checked the saloon and talked to the sheriff. Then returned to the Rock Ridge square and traveled to the quest icon, and clicked accept. Or is that where you are having issues?

DeletedUser

A staff member from the german forum said, that you can accept the quest only on a certain day (he said Wednesday and was apparently wrong). Some other guy said he got it yesterday (Tuesday). Now the question is, if anyone of the people here, who are able do it, got it today?

DeletedUser

Oh, good point. I forgot about the day-specific requirements of the quest.

Maybe that's the holdup.

DeletedUser

I went to the far RT corner and did the 3 specific quests and stopped at the point that I had to do bounty hunter for 18 seconds or 5hrs for 700XP. I am waiting to accept this quest till I get that ability.

I then moved over and saw that the trees were available and moved there. It tells me that I have not filled the requirments to accept this quest.

DeletedUser

So you didn't click "Accept quest" from the sheriff? If so, that's why you can't access the white dot with the trees. Because if you're going that route, you have to tell the sheriff you're following his path instead of the bounty hunter one.

DeletedUser

So then you aren't eligible to go the forest quest line near Rock Ridge.

DeletedUser

Thanks FargoBear for helping me think this through. I just tried again. Can't get in.

DeletedUser

Then I dont understand, why the players, who decided to join the bandits, can see the forrest. Doesnt make sense. I liked this quest in the beginning, but its starting to annoy me...

Btw: What do you get for reward, when you are finished with the forrest?

DeletedUser

Well, not to delve into spoiler territory. But reportedly a duel and then an unattainable job for most people. :)

DeletedUser

jesus frightened christ.
i cant believe that.
how hard can it be to develope some quests available every few lvls or so.

"go there, bring that, get the xp"

if the revard is 2000xp, thats about 40h of constructing ranches, so ask for items that could be getin 40h of doing some [crappy] jobs... i dunno
"some train got robbed, some settlement needs tobacco, go pick it for 40h and get 2k xp for completeing"

jeez. whats the point in the quest if you need to respec for 100k in order to do that ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Making it difficult covers up the fact that there is a lack of content for L 50+ players.

DeletedUser

WOW, I just was about to spend the 8,000 to transfer skills to be able to do bounty hunter and I was told what will happen next.

Lets just say we will have some players on the hall of fame before I get to finish this quest.

Again this game frustrates me and I fall into the lull of hunting grizzlies.

DeletedUser

But why would they make such quests that will cost you several thousands just to complete??? For instance, bounty hunter, steering the paddle steamer.

DeletedUser

road blocks. I guess if you are not a dueler, or want to be in the top 15 XP then you have a mission in life. I need at least 120 for paddle steamer or the next quest in the 67 saga.

I was just going to spend 8000 to get bounty hunter. Move the 20 points off of Hiding that I just moved on.

DeletedUser

road blocks. I guess if you are not a dueler, or want to be in the top 15 XP then you have a mission in life. I need at least 120 for paddle steamer or the next quest in the 67 saga.

I was just going to spend 8000 to get bounty hunter. Move the 20 points off of Hiding that I just moved on.

You mean the mission requirement is that you need 120 in Steering a paddle streamer or?

DeletedUser

He means he has to move 120 skill points for Steering a Paddle Steamer - also what he's saying is that he's full Dexterity(blue)/Shooting trying to do an all non-blue skill job :p

The problem with Steering a Paddle Steamer isn't the 118 leadership needed to get the job - it is how in the heck can he do Chasing Bandits afterwards ! That my friends is the real problem for any high Dex/Firearms person.

I'm #9 XP and #4 dueler on W-1 and there's no way I can do those jobs without spending 2 months outta town ....

Last edited by a moderator: