Dueler class

DeletedUser

Thats not fair!! we soldiers like the way this game is,we don't want the same advantages of a dueler, than that is useles as have the same advantages as the soldiers. Then whats the point of having the dueler class, the image.

You duelers don't get the point of the character classes

DeletedUser

Jesse James, Billy the Kid and others were not hobo's, they did not shine shoes, but they were Outlaws, Bandits, their story is what draws us to the West. But if you play the game as a dueler which is what Jesse James and Billy the Kid closely resemble, your at a disadvantage. But go back to their days, NO soldier wanted Jesse James or the Kid in a one on one duel out of Fear. Which is why I suggest the bonus to Appearance for the Dueler class.

a soldier can kill those wanabie's, you think fear can stop a soldiers,

let me tell you a phrase,

You can't fight someone who wants to die

-General Price

soldiers kinda want to die when they go to war, they go to fight

DeletedUser13020

You don't like the duelers class? You think the bonuses are too lame and won't help you at all? Simple, don't choose the dueler class then. There are 3 more for your liking. If you are complaining about the duelers bonus, then you chose the wrong class.

I have 3 duelers, I like em all. Haven't tried soldier. Two reasons, the quest line doesn't look too fun. And there is no point in playing if you aren't having any fun. Also, there is no way that the soldiers items are better than the duelers items, not when it comes to dueling at least.

My first character was in w4, I didn't know what I was doing, didn't know any of the dueling mechanics. I just knew one thing....I like the bandits avatar. I said to hell with the the soldiers bonuses even though they are appealing. I will be a dueler because I like the avatar, and still to this day I regret nothing.

DeletedUser

Like I said nobody wants to be fair, because they have an advantage and they don't want to loose it. That's the problem with correcting problems in this game. Nobody wants to be fair.

I asked for one change. Give duelers a bonus to their Appearance. That's all I asked for. Soldiers have a tactics bonus, let duelers have an appearance bonus. I know that there are other suggestions in this thread. I don't agree with some of them, but read my suggestion and tell me what you think. Dueler gets appearance bonus. That's it, nothing else.

If we can't fix this problem then I suggest we scrap the dueler, Why have it? Sadly your better off being a greenhorn.

Fear does affect a soldier, it has throughout history. Many wars have been won and lost solely because of fear. Some armies appear to have no fear, that it was their duty. They were trained that way. But not all of them. Some are weak, and cowardly. Fear is a human element that can not be controlled. If you were squared off against a notorious gunslinger you would have fear. It might not stop you from trying to win the draw, but you would be intimidated to some degree or another.

It's sad you think Jesse James is a wanna be, Did you know Jesse and his brother were soldiers long before they were Outlaws? I'm sure you also didn't know that Jesse was hunted by a Pinkerton, which was made up of Union soldiers and Lawmen. Funny they never caught Jesse or his brother. Every time they came close, It was the Soldiers and Lawmen that wound up dead. But yet he is a wanna be??

DeletedUser

That fix is terrible.

The reason the soldiers tactics bonus doesn't matter so much is because it is *purely defensive*. It can be countered by not attacking the solider unless you know you are going to win regardless. In other words it is not an advantage the soldier can manipulate or expect to use frequently.

If the duellist had a similar bonus to appearance they would be able to actively and frequently apply it. And they're probably already selecting fights where they hold a distinct advantage. It would make it even less likely that non-pure duellists, workers and adventurers would be able to defend themselves.

DeletedUser

That fix is terrible.

The reason the soldiers tactics bonus doesn't matter so much is because it is *purely defensive*. It can be countered by not attacking the solider unless you know you are going to win regardless. In other words it is not an advantage the soldier can manipulate or expect to use frequently.

If the duellist had a similar bonus to appearance they would be able to actively and frequently apply it. And they're probably already selecting fights where they hold a distinct advantage. It would make it even less likely that non-pure duellists, workers and adventurers would be able to defend themselves.

This is a good argument against my op well put, but it's not only the 100% defense bonus that needs equating being able to use a weapon six levels up and a health bonus that makes you hard to knock out. That's in relation to soldiers but hey I don't think many people have a problem with soldier's bonuses it's the dueler bonus that seem a little weak.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

3 levels up if not in premium. Which is admittedly a nice bonus. The health bonus not so much, does anyone really sink lots of skill points into health? I'd rather do more damage or mitigate more.

I haven't played a duellist (heck, I've never attacked anyone which is why I picked the Soldier class) so I can't say if their bonuses are too weak. But if it is increased it must be something that doesn't come at the cost of their "victims".

Certainly if the motivation bonus is "1 more duel every N" days that sounds pretty weak.

DeletedUser

Kageru

It might not be a perfect solution, but the soldier class has way too many advantages, At least I'm not trying to take any of them away. Although I agree we should limit them to some degree.

An appearance bonus makes sense because good duelers should be intimidating. It doesn't have to be a huge bonus. Just something.

I know that some duelers no matter what will always attack easy opponents. But to say that is just limited to the Dueler Class is not accurate. All character classes have duelers, the Adventurer uses the hotel to hide and duel, the Soldiers goes and uses better weapons, health and a defense tactic that nobody else gets. A worker, some are duelers too, and they try to pull the "I'm a worker don't attack me routine". Then they go and jack you up.

What I'm getting at is all Classes have duelers, but to be in the Dueler Class, you would be the only Duelers getting the Appearance bonus.

As it stands right now, you are better off being a Dueler as a Soldier or a Adventurer. That just doesn't make sense to me. Which brings up my thought, Why do we even have a Dueler Class? I think the original plan for the dueler wasn't well thought out. I think the game makers thought it would work at first, and so did I. After playing this game for some time, I see no advantage to it.

DeletedUser

I can possibly agree with giving an additional bonus to the duelers, but definitely NOT at the expense of the bonuses that the soldiers currently get - the soldier character is fine the way it is now. And no, I am not a soldier.

DeletedUser

It's sad you think Jesse James is a wanna be, Did you know Jesse and his brother were soldiers long before they were Outlaws? I'm sure you also didn't know that Jesse was hunted by a Pinkerton, which was made up of Union soldiers and Lawmen. Funny they never caught Jesse or his brother. Every time they came close, It was the Soldiers and Lawmen that wound up dead. But yet he is a wanna be??

thats why, jesse and his brother were soldiers, they were train like soldiers and had the same difensive plan. when a soldier leaves army, he is still a soldier but is ritired one, you can become a good dueler when you have the training

DeletedUser

look at the discription of a soldier

Class description: A lot of soldiers strive for fame and glory, others for the highest wages. They are known for their toughness. Even a hurt soldier keeps fighting. Soldiers are good defenders in duels and powerful in shootouts where they benefit from their skills with all kinds of weapons.

cavalry_small.png

Cavalryman
mexican_small.png

Mexican
mercenary_small.png

Mercenary
iroquois_small.png

Iroquois

soldiers were made that way so they are powerful, you guys can delete the duelers if you want but don't incrase there advantages cause that would be wierd

DeletedUser

James Woodson is correct. You are better off being a greenhorn than a dueler.

DeletedUser

Guys I don't mean to give the impression that I want to take anything away from Soldiers. I did say Jesse James was a soldier before a Outlaw. That is fact. But not all Outlaws were ever Soldiers. In the days of the old west, almost everyone grew up with a gun in their hand. Farmers, Trappers, Indians. Soldiers might have gotten training from the Army, but everyone knew how to use a gun. If a guy decided to be a Outlaw, he had better be good with a gun, be good at tactics to escape, otherwise he didn't live long.

My thought is the game makers made a dueler class, but what's the point of it. It was poorly planned and it doesn't work or benefit anyone who uses it.

DeletedUser

I play a dueller and a soldier in different worlds so I hope I can stay impartial.
There have been good arguments on both sides , but I dont think it should be a duellers v's soldiers issue

The soldiers bonuses are good for the role he plays

I can see the logic behind the duellers bonuses ie.

Extra motivation .... hey hes an outlaw , he/she enjoys being bad :bandit:

Increased speed .... for hit and run raids

extra loot from a duel .... Dueling is of course his profession

However in practice they are too small a bonus the extra motivation only works out at 2/3 of a duel per day :sad:

Increased speed is nice but it only really is a couple of minutes difference in most cases.

and 10% extra $$ from duels , well this might work if people carried large sums of cash on them , but realistically it probably averages around $4-$5 which is marginal at best :huh:

Possibly if they doubled the existing bonuses it might even it up a bit but as it stands if I was going to make another fighting class character , without a doubt I wouldnt choose the dueller class. ;)

DeletedUser

I asked for one change. Give duelers a bonus to their Appearance. That's all I asked for. Soldiers have a tactics bonus, let duelers have an appearance bonus. I know that there are other suggestions in this thread. I don't agree with some of them, but read my suggestion and tell me what you think. Dueler gets appearance bonus. That's it, nothing else.

the dueler cannot be given an appearance bonus. that would be going against the purpose of different classes. the purpose of the different classes is described on the character class page:

adventurer:
Class description: Adventurers are soldiers of fortune and curious discoverer. They don't want a calm and organized life, they love the risk and strive for the big fortune. Adventurers are the ideal characters for players that love quests and a bit of risk taking.
adventurers enjoy travelling, and doing jobs. because they travel so much, they get a hotel bonus, and know how to survive on their own well

dueler:
Class description: Duelers live for the moment. They love to duel. They challenge other players for a handful of dollars, out of revenge or even just for fun. Duelers rarely stay close to their town, they move from town to town looking for good opponents. Duelers are ideal for very active players that like the conflict.
duelers are like a form of adventurers, they like to travel a lot and enjoy danger. no where does it say that they are better at dueling than others, or they should be better than others. the name of the class is a bit deceiving, but a dueler is described as a person who duels frequently, not a person who is better than others at dueling.

worker:
Class description: A Worker likes honest work and tries to avoid confrontation with other players. Workers are greatly needed in each town for the construction of buildings. Most workers keep close to their towns. Workers are a great choice for players that like to plan ahead and don't mind working for the good of their town.
workers are pretty much what's described. i don't think i need to make any comments here.

soldier:
Class description: A lot of soldiers strive for fame and glory, others for the highest wages. They are known for their toughness. Even a hurt soldier keeps fighting. Soldiers are good defenders in duels and powerful in shootouts where they benefit from their skills with all kinds of weapons.
soldiers are trained, and are specifically described as being good fighters, which includes dueling.

no where does it say that those in the "Dueler" class are better at dueling, all it says is that they duel frequently. if anything, based on these descriptions taken from the game, the soldiers should be the one's to get an appearance bonus, not the duelers. even when you look at the pics of the character classes, the soldier class pics appear like they would be more intimidating than the dueling class characters.
if those in the dueling class want better bonuses, thats fine, and i understand it completely. but an appearance bonus does not make any sense. if you want a new kind of bonus, ask for more experience per duel, or ask to have the existing bonuses increased. but asking for an appearance bonus won't get you anywhere.

DeletedUser

If people don't want to be the dueler class, then there is something obviously wrong with it. All classes should be appealing to play.

I don't want to change any other classes abilities, I just want the duelers ability improved. If it's better to be a greenhorn than a dueler, I think that says it all.

DeletedUser

If people don't want to be the dueler class, then there is something obviously wrong with it. All classes should be appealing to play.

I don't want to change any other classes abilities, I just want the duelers ability improved. If it's better to be a greenhorn than a dueler, I think that says it all.

its only better to be a greenhorn to a certain extent. a horse doesn't affect the speed increase of a greenhorn, and nor does horseback riding. when you get a quarter horse, it becomes an advantage to be in the dueling class.

that is still sad however. but i did give some suggestions, the same one's i have given before, and you have chosen to ignore them. you can get an experience bonus (from duels) or you can increase your existing bonuses. or you can try and come up with your own new bonus, but appearance has already been shot down.

DeletedUser

I'd take more XP per duel. I just made a suggestion, but anything that is an improvement would be nice.

By the way, I don't care about the pictures.

DeletedUser

I'd take more XP per duel. I just made a suggestion, but anything that is an improvement would be nice.

By the way, I don't care about the pictures.

yes, i know, the pics don't matter much, but they are meant to reflect the image of the class.

im thinking that maybe a 10% or 15% more exp earned from duels would be good. and i know that the more money from a duel is kinda poor, and that should be increased along with an exp bonus. even if it were raised to 15% more money, it would still be better.

DeletedUser

That would help my dueler a lot. I like to target those who will give me higher exp. Since I am a pure dueler, I can not do any good jobs. That would help a lot in leveling up.