Dueler class

DeletedUser

Well somebody, usually the OP, has to summarize the idea thus far. Then Gem has to look at it. Then if she feels it fits with the game and is a good idea she will move it to be discussed some more and voted on. Then if it happens to pass the devs will look at it. Then you have a slim chance that the idea will actually be implemented.

Short answer: probably not but possibly

DeletedUser

Actually I think they are looking at the class bonuses as we speak.

DeletedUser

My suggestion for dueler, remove the extra money bonus. Change it with bonus 1/2 to appearance. That's the way so the duel between Dueler vs. Soldier can be equally matched. Extra money is worthless, only noobs that will give you alot of money if you duel them.

DeletedUser11353

Change it with bonus 1/2 to appearance. That's the way so the duel between Dueler vs. Soldier can be equally matched.

no cause they are not made to be equal, if they got 50% appearance it would just throw 50% of soldiers tactics in garbage, like it was proposed earlier in this thread, 5-10% exp bonus or that duel costs 2 EP less would be very nice and useful

DeletedUser

In my case. My suggestion was not to throw the Soldier's tactics. Dueler and Soldier suppose to get better chance to win a duel than Adventurer or Worker.
What I can see now, for duel, people will choose either Soldier or Adventurer. Duelers will be extinct as people realize how sucks they are in duels.

If what I see from the game's concept.

Adventurer - a class which is good at Jobbing.
Soldier - a class which is good at defending a town.
Worker - a class which is good at building a town.
Dueler - a class which is good at raiding a town.

I'm also playing as soldier, because I understand, It's better for duel than dueler.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

As has already been stated in this thread, an offensive dueling bonus is way too overpowered:
That fix is terrible.

The reason the soldiers tactics bonus doesn't matter so much is because it is *purely defensive*. It can be countered by not attacking the solider unless you know you are going to win regardless. In other words it is not an advantage the soldier can manipulate or expect to use frequently.

If the duellist had a similar bonus to appearance they would be able to actively and frequently apply it. And they're probably already selecting fights where they hold a distinct advantage. It would make it even less likely that non-pure duellists, workers and adventurers would be able to defend themselves.

DeletedUser

If dueler got bonus in appearance. It still can be countered by KOing him/her. He got no defensive skill or bonus HP which make it easier to KO him/her.

For adventurers. If you don't want to get attacked by dueler. don't join town. Stay as a traveler. You got your bonus for free staying at hotel. So it wont be a big deal.

For workers. You'll always be the prey of soldier/dueler. but when they reach their HIGH Duel Level. They wont be able to Attack you anymore.

DeletedUser

And how does that remotely address the unbalance you are trying to introduce?
A soldier cannot force anybody to attack them, that is why their tactics bonus is not overpowered.

DeletedUser

A soldier cannot force anybody to attack them, that is why their tactics bonus is not overpowered.

What you're saying is true. Yet Soldier got 2 bonus which is working in both side (offense and defense) which are bonus HP and 3 lvl lowered for weapon requirement.

here are some cases that might happen if my suggestion is implemented.

Dueler vs. Soldier - this duel will be fair enough, which dueler as attacker got appearance bonus and Soldier as defender got tactics bonus

Soldier vs. Dueler - this duel is also still fair enough. Dueler got no bonus at all, and yet Soldier got those 2 bonuses.

If things stay like current condition. There is no dueler (even no class) that gonna challenge soldier if he knows the soldier got high tactics.

DeletedUser

And are you going to stop Duelers from using their appearance to get easy victories over builder and adventurer classes, or did you just forget that there are more than two character classes in this game?

DeletedUser

And are you going to stop Duelers from using their appearance to get easy victories over builder and adventurer classes, or did you just forget that there are more than two character classes in this game?

It's just as I posted before. Here is the quotation:

Gundala said:
For adventurers. If you don't want to get attacked by dueler. don't join town. Stay as a traveler. You got your bonus for free staying at hotel. So it wont be a big deal.

For workers. You'll always be the prey of soldier/dueler. but when they reach their HIGH Duel Level. They wont be able to Attack you anymore.

And in the end of the game, I mean for lvl 99, Those who's good at duels got their duel lvl too high to attack non-duelers. At this point, there will only got duels between Soldiers, Duelers and Battle-Adventurers.

DeletedUser

What about adventures and workers who want to actually put some skills into dueling and have a chance to defend themselves? Are you really as narrow minded as you sound?
Not everyone wants to play this game the way you tell them to. Just try to see things from another point of view, or at least understand the arguments against you. If adventurers don't join towns who will pay for the construction? The builders who will now be totally defenceless against even low level duelers? All their income will be robbed.

DeletedUser

I don't see any worth for them non-duelers to defend themself, while the attacker's skills are pure for duels. the probabillity for them to lose the duel already high. That's why a town got to recruit many kind of classes, so they can rely on each others. If you adventurer got attacked by any duel classes, ask your town fighters to fight them back.
Don't you think Soldier's weapon bonus already a disadvantage for you Adventurers?

I won't argue you back again. I got your opinion. I wanna see others'.

DeletedUser

Your suggestion that since Advents and Workers have little chance to win a fight against a well equipped and skilled dueler in some ways justifies making the Dueling class even more powerful against them is rubbish. You can not add Appearance bonuses onto any class because Appearance is an offensive skill, purely an offensive skill. The Soldier's weapon bonus is different as it is both a defensive and offensive bonus. Not only that it makes sense that a Soldier would be better equipped than an outlaw Dueler.

Yes the Dueler class bonuses are crap compared to Soldiers. But the game doesn't force anyone to choose that class. Yes the bonuses should be tweaked but not with Appearance.

DeletedUser

How about giving bonus weapon damage like 10% of min and max damage?

DeletedUser

I don't even understand what you are suggesting there. You want to make them more powerful hitters?

At higher levels players can already hit for well over 200 a shot and over 1000 per duel. Nobody needs a bonus to how hard they can hit.

DeletedUser

The dueler should have some damage or speed increase. 15% sounds better♫ a soilder would pwn a dueler, they need better bonuses