Dueler class

DeletedUser

Dueler bonuses seem a bit weak in comparison to the other classes, so I would propose a Dueler gets a new or revamped bonus and some of the ideas put forward were firstly a 10-15% experience bonus, increase the speed bonus or a maybe a level bonus to using an item.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1105

I don't like it.

Duellers are already more likely to win duels, because of the very fact that that is what they generally spend thier skill points/cash on.

Giving them an appearance bonus too would be very unfair.

DeletedUser

could we agree, perhaps, that the bonus cash could be replaced with the soldier's weapon level bonus, and perhaps the speed bonus be increased to 15%? Dueler class does seem to get shafted on bonuses

DeletedUser

Don't choose the dueler if you don't like the bonuses. I for one love the bonuses on my dueler, even though I miss alot of the nice soldier bonuses aswell. But it's all good.

perhaps the speed bonus be increased to 15%? Dueler class does seem to get shafted on bonuses

I can agree that the speed should be a little bit higher.

DeletedUser1105

could we agree, perhaps, that the bonus cash could be replaced with the soldier's weapon level bonus, and perhaps the speed bonus be increased to 15%? Dueler class does seem to get shafted on bonuses

I don't think it should have the same bonuses as soldier class, because what would be the point of doing that?

I think it is fair there way it is. As Cooto3s says, if you don't like it don't choose it. It's not like you choose and then they suddenly reveal some poor bonuses that you are stuck with.

DeletedUser

and the money bonus, it do nothing at all, not much people bring over $1000 in hand

DeletedUser

i think they could increase the bonuses of the dueling class, and possibly offer an experience bonus.

DeletedUser

i think they could increase the bonuses of the dueling class, and possibly offer an experience bonus.
What do you think the dueler motivation bonus is?
Basically it works out to be an experience bonus, but you have to be an extremely active dueler to really cash in on it. From what I've read from the most experienced and active duelers in the game, the dueler bonuses are already great, but only for an active dueler.

DeletedUser

But doesn't 150% movement speed work out as a better experience bonus, so why not stay greenhorn if you want fast experience gain?

I think if an appearance bonus is too harsh (I'm not sure why soldier gets three very nice bonuses not just one) then I agree increase all of the bonii to make dueler at least semi attractive.

DeletedUser

I am playing all four classes. I will not play a dueler again. Compared to the adventurer bonuses and worker bonuses, the dueler loses and is not as much fun to play.

The dueler is so much weaker than soldier that a dueler should never win a fight against a soldier of equal level if both classes have been constructed equally well. The soldier is stronger on the defense because of its tactic skill advantages and its ability to wield better weapons. The soldier is stronger on the offense because of its ability to wield better weapons. The dueler's speed modifiers in no way make up for this.
The dueler class needs significant work to become relevant when compared to the soldier. I would suggest either removing the soldier's weapon bonus or giving the dueler a weapon bonus as well.

DeletedUser

I am playing all four classes. I will not play a dueler again. Compared to the adventurer bonuses and worker bonuses, the dueler loses and is not as much fun to play.

The dueler is so much weaker than soldier that a dueler should never win a fight against a soldier of equal level if both classes have been constructed equally well. The soldier is stronger on the defense because of its tactic skill advantages and its ability to wield better weapons. The soldier is stronger on the offense because of its ability to wield better weapons. The dueler's speed modifiers in no way make up for this.
The dueler class needs significant work to become relevant when compared to the soldier. I would suggest either removing the soldier's weapon bonus or giving the dueler a weapon bonus as well.

if you take away one of the 3 bonuses from the soldier, what would be the point? duelers are meant for kamakazi like attacks in which you mainly focus on adventurers who are active duelers.like all the other great people before me, if you hate the class dont choose it.

DeletedUser

All of the duelers bonus are focused on things outside of duel or coolecting money after a duel nothing is actually helpful for fighting a duel thats messed up. A soldier on the other hand has three bonus which are helpful inside the duel slightly imbalanced methinks.

DeletedUser

if you take away one of the 3 bonuses from the soldier, what would be the point? duelers are meant for kamakazi like attacks in which you mainly focus on adventurers who are active duelers.like all the other great people before me, if you hate the class dont choose it.

That's not an acceptable answer. The game is broken (in form if not in function) because of the weakness of the dueler class or the strength of the soldier class. We who have invested time and money into this game have a right to expect, to request, that the game be fixed.

DeletedUser

i hate saying this, but you duelers just don't know how to stop complaining.
THE DUELER CLASS IS DESIGNED TO HELP THE PLAYER MAKE A LIVING OFF OF DUELING, AND IS NOT DESIGNED TO ACTUALLY HELP IN THE DUEL!!!!!!!!
a dueler is a person who taught themselves to duel, and go around shooting up towns. a soldier is a person who is trained professionally, and it makes sense that they are better at dueling. now if the name mislead you, then you should have thought harder before choosing your class.

if you want to improve the dueler class, then go ahead, make suggestions. but i guarantee that your not going to get an appearance bonus, or a weapon bonus. if you want to improve your class, then what i'd suggest is improving the existing bonuses, or add an experience bonus. but NO WEAPON/APPEARANCE BONUSES!!!! AND SOLDIERS ARE MOST DEFINITELY NOT GIVING UP ANY OF THEIR BONUSES!!!!

DeletedUser363

Its very simple. If you don't like the dueler bonuses, don't choose the dueler class. If you are someone who duels alot everyday, then the dueler class is for you.

DeletedUser

Soldiers are professionally trained my a***, duellers in history learned more off the street & would have more skill cause they are natural born killers with steely nerves and a keen eye from years of living by the skin of their teeth, Soldiers rarely got to see any real action and tended to be big hurf blurf dimwits who are of the mindset using giant letters strengthens their arguments

I haven't chosen a class yet I just don't think the bonuses add up, a premium soldier looks far superior to a normal dueler.

DeletedUser

Soldiers are professionally trained my a***

you got 1 too many stars there buddy.

duellers in history learned more off the street & would have more skill cause they are natural born killers with steely nerves and a keen eye from years of living by the skin of their teeth, Soldiers rarely got to see any real action and tended to be big hurf blurf dimwits who are of the mindset using giant letters strengthens their arguments

I haven't chosen a class yet I just don't think the bonuses add up, a premium soldier looks far superior to a normal dueler.

this isn't history, its a game. if you want history there's a place called history.com

DeletedUser

The soldier defensive bonus can be made irrelevant by not attacking soldiers unless you know (due to gear, level, spec) that you are going to win anyway. The attacker always gets to pick the fight.

The dueller bonuses make perfect sense for a class that is going to be levelling up, and maybe making some cash, from duelling.

Lastly you are hardly forced to play a duellist.

DeletedUser

you got 1 too many stars there buddy.

I say arse to this pedantic response,

y
this isn't history, its a game. if you want history there's a place called history.com

Yeh then why you trying to give me a history lesson?? Besides I think the soldier bonuses are fine this isn't what we are discussing here..

DeletedUser

The soldier defensive bonus can be made irrelevant by not attacking soldiers unless you know (due to gear, level, spec) that you are going to win anyway. The attacker always gets to pick the fight.

The dueller bonuses make perfect sense for a class that is going to be levelling up, and maybe making some cash, from duelling.

Lastly you are hardly forced to play a duellist.

Yeh it makes sense they are forced to aim for weaker targets and avoid soldiers but their actual bonuses don't really add a huge amount, the motivation bonus on premium gives you one extra duel every three days. The 20% gold bonus isn't too bad but people stop carrying cash with them and you don't get too much at later levels. The speed bonus is tiny you would probably be better off staying greenhorn.