Dueler class

DeletedUser

I got it, so the bonus can't be in offensive way which greatly affect the result of the duel.
How about lessen the duel time?! maybe lessen it by 3 minutes.
Or Lessen the waiting time for dueling the same target.

DeletedUser

You can't lesson the duel time because that affects the people they duel as well. Screws everything up.

The forum is not going to come up with an agreement on how to tweak the Dueling class and to be honest it isn't our place to do so. The devs are aware that the players feel the Dueler Class bonuses need to be adjusted. They either will adjust them or they won't.

DeletedUser

Ok, I give up. I dont play dueler anyway. Thx for the respond ^_^. Just tried to give idea.

DeletedUser

well what i dont like is that you can have a worker that has dueling skills and a dueler that has the same skill and there is no advanage for the dueler beside the 10% incress in cash

DeletedUser

And faster speed and can duel more often because their motivation to do so rises faster than a worker so therefore they earn more xp using the same amount of energy.

DeletedUser

yea but i mean in the duel

the only other bonus i see in a dueler is fear some players dont attack duelers beacues there fear of losesing over them

DeletedUser

And when a dueler wants to build he has no advantage in constructing towns. Of course players will be more hesitant attacking a dueler or soldier, those characters are specced for dueling. Each class has it's advantages. It is up to the player to spec their characters to take advantage of the bonuses their class gives them.

DeletedUser

Give duelers the chance to steal banked money. After all the duelers are the Thief class of the west, not the fighting class.

DeletedUser

Bank robbing and dueling are 2 completely different things.

If you all are serious about this I would suggest the first thing to do would be to decide which one of the dueler's bonuses is the least advantageous. Then figure out something to take it's place.

DeletedUser

Bank robbing and dueling are 2 completely different things.

If you all are serious about this I would suggest the first thing to do would be to decide which one of the dueler's bonuses is the least advantageous. Then figure out something to take it's place.

I agree bank robbing and dueling/fighting are 2 dif things.

In my opinion soldiers are the fighters and the "duelers" are the robbbers.
A robber's ("duelers") bonus's should be;

- greater than 10% movement, I think their travel times for dueling someone should be halved (a 4 hour trip is 2 hours). After all in the west the criminals are very hard to catch up to.

- on top of the normal loot there is a % chance to take a % of money from the attacked persons bank. Or a guaranteed chance to take a % of cash from a full bank account.

- if the "hiding skill" played a factor in duels (which it doesnt) they should get a bonus to that. An example of a successful hide would be pretty much the same as if you started a duel with someone and they went to sleep. Other than that I would say keep the motivation the same or maybe pump it up a little also (after all you have to insure you get the most from your duel).

Its just a thought on what I feel the duelers role is in the game. If this wasnt the initial thought from the game makers on their role than I appologize.

<edit> the counter for the hide skill would be "leadership". You have to be a good leader to lead the posse to the criminal. (someone with good leadership would make a good sheriff or deputy btw, course they have to win the duel)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I wouldn't mind seeing instead of a movement to speed, which does nothing for jobs, the dueler should have the increase for putting skills in Horseback Riding, just like a Soldier has for Tactics. So instead of a 10% increase in speed you would get a 25% or 50% increase in Horseback Riding. This will not only make them faster than the 10% they get now but like I said, help in jobs.

As far as the money goes I think an extra 10% there is a joke. Let them take up to 50% of the opponents cash on hand. Or if not that then let them earn an additional 25% xp per duel. I just don't think they should get a bigger bonus to cash and xp at the same time.

DeletedUser14280

I just did a search on this thread, and nobody at all has mentioned reflex, dodging or toughness yet, or at least, not as skills.

So, here's my idea: Make duelers better at surviving & winning duels by giving them a 20-30% bonus to their toughness and/or reflex.
Any questions?

DeletedUser

Yeah, what are you taking away for them to have that. If you are going to add something you have to take something away.

DeletedUser

Personally I would remove the 10% extra $$ , most of the time 10% of very little doesn't make any difference anyway

Give them a 50% bonus to dodging ... this wouldn't help in other jobs but the duellers primary job is to fight ;)

Also it would maybe help them to survive better against High hp soldiers

Edit also in a sense dodging is a more defensive skill rather than purely offensive (like appearance)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14280

I think we're getting somewhere with this thread at last.
I don't mind what's taken away from the duelers; maybe the 10% speed bonus, it doesn't help much.

DeletedUser

dueller bonus:

10% more money in duels
10% faster
20% quicker motivation

remake:

20% more money
15% quicker motivation
33% bonus to their Appearence in duels

i havent read the whole thread, but couldnt find this sugested before, so please dont flame me for that...
but in my head, this would seem to make them the "counter" for Soldiers, wich imho hey are.

also, its not too great an advange against adven/worker classes, i think...

constructive response please

DeletedUser

If you wanted constructive responses reading the whole thread would have helped greatly:nowink:

DeletedUser

argh reading through the first pages, and then just skimming every 2nd page wasnt enough to catch it... damnit... hehe sorry then :unsure:

DeletedUser

Us Duelers are tougher. We have to scrounge about for our money and weapons, and then get forced to fight the other vagabonds since shooting up some farmer will get a posse chasing after us, while you "Soldiers" sit around soaking up taxpayer dollars and only have to fight in battles where you have several hundred to several thousand other leeches with you.

Fake ranting aside, the Dueler class sucked. When I chose it I thought, "Oh, their a Dueler so they're better suited for fighting." The Dueler Class should have the Appearance Bonus and a Hiding Bonus (for outside duels: a Dueler has to hide from the other Duelers and Feds, don't they?).