Duel Mot Split...

Their game, their product, their update. Call it how ever you want, its still Innogames in the header before The West title.

Yes, indeed, it's their game. I have never argued that. And, they can keep it, if they don't straighten it out. Or they can fold it, etc.

At this point, I don't really care. It was a lovely game while it lasted, and after all, it's just pixels...

HelenBack

Zero motivation duellers, let's be honest, you do not only want allot of targets, you want to kill people not skilled in duelling. While that is not bad, it is sad in my view for a lvl 35 player to have 2500 wins and almost no loss and still claim that just because he/she likes it it should be so.

Yes, there are some that want to focus on killing the weak... I'm not saying that is not happening. But there are ZMDs that are keeping their duel mot low to keep their duel level low for other reasons. I've already stated the reasons as have others (keeping more targets, dueling enemy fort fighters, squashing duelers that are picking on alliance members/friends, staying out of reach of higher level ZMDs... etc).

I have not been dueling actively... But when I decide to start dueling actively, I don't want to start dueling only to find out that I only have a dozen or so targets available. Rather than bothering others to keep my duel mot low, I used NPCs. Then I could focus on the quests I wanted to finish and go to fort battles. That is what my time allows... If I have to hunt for low level peeps to duel just to keep my duel mot low, that eats into the time that I have available to play the game.

So, I'm forced to make a decision... to Duel... or to let my duel mot skyrocket and take the chance that some noob will come along, duel me and lose... Sending my duel level up. That is what I'm trying to avoid.

He/she plays within the rules of the game, that is not the problem, the problem is that the rules of the game are changing and that particular player needs to adapt like we all need to adapt with any change that comes our way.

So, if I don't like the changes... I'm just supposed to roll over and take it?
:hmf:

I think Inno is going down the wrong route to solving the "issue" (or what they perceive as an issue). This game started as a pure dueling game... Then along came forts... And those who wanted to join battles could do so. Then the High HP Tanks came along... To combat those, many dueling squads were created to try and get rid of some of the High HP Tanks prior to battle. With Inno trying to stop duelers from dueling non-duelers (High HP Tanks), they will soon make it so High HP Tanks can no longer be dueled prior to battles... Of course, that is only if the FFers don't use that Work KO Exploit to keep themselves under KO so they can't be dueled anyways.... Which is something I'm still surprised that Inno allows.

Duelling needs to be fixed, again we all agree here, but since in Inno's point of view 2500 wins and "harrasment" of low lvl players (ending up most definitely in KO) is bad for the health of the game, they've decided to make a change. Nothing is permanent and the game has to evolve.

By trying to stop ZMDs, all they are going to do is make the truly "Evil" ZMDs even worse... and force those not-so-active ZMDs that are going that route for other reasons (like myself) to have to use low levels to keep their duel mot low. I haven't dueled in.... damn... months? Except the odd "Helen could you help with this person?" request, I've only been questing and fort fighting. Now... I have to make a choice because my RL only allows me so much time on a daily basis... I can't just pop on, NPC duel my mot down, queue a few jobs for quests/crafts, craft my dailies, huggle my friends and allies, then head offline again anymore. To keep my duel mot low, I have to hunt low levels... Which is not something that I like to do... And I hate being forced to do so. Not just because it takes time to do so (although time is not always a luxury), but because I do not like dueling low levels that are an easy win. I dueled NPCs to keep my duel mot low so I could any level duel freely. I'd only go after low levels if they were a problem (harassing a friend/ally).

Not only will they not change it, they have no reason to change it. 0 mot duelling is still very much possible. How many of you 0 mots stayed at 0 and not actively duelled? 10%? Less? The point I am trying to make is that if you are duelling actively you will keep your motivation low anyhow. Maybe not at 0, but close to 0 in any case. The amount of experience you get from each daily motivation update will take you a long time to drive your Duel level significantly.

Sure, ZMD is still possible... If you are active. Like I mentioned above, I have to chose between the two... I can't play the game I enjoy anymore. For me (and others like me), yes, it does make a big impact on my game play... No time/energy to do jobs for quests/products for crafting. For the truly "Evil" ZMDs... It won't make any difference to them because all they do is duel.
:hmf:

Lastly, why are you accusing other play-style as bad? Why are fort fighters suddenly the bad guys? Have you run out of arguments to support your fruitless and silly claim that duelling has been ruined? I have friends that used to be 0 mots and after I asked them what they think about the update, in general I got the same response: "meh, so what". Indeed, so what? Stop making a big deal out of nothing, it's bad for your health.

I'm not saying any other play style is bad... To each their own. What I am saying is that they should not have the right to ruin someone else's way of playing just because they do not like it. If they didn't want to be dueled, why join a dueling game? I mean that is a logical question... Why join a PVP game and say, okay I just wanna plant crops and do the odd battle, so you are not allowed to attack me. Just like I wouldn't join a game like SIMS or Farmville... I like the West the way it was when I first joined. And I swear that the people that join now and think they are being "harrassed" by ZMDs have no idea what real camping "harrassment" is. Back when there were town raids and a whole town of duelers would sit on your town and duel everyone in it through the Saloon (without running all over the map).

BTW, you may be surprised to know that I always thought that wasn't right... When they changed it so you had to go to where the person was... It made more sense. I still didn't mind running around looking for targets because there were a LOT available. These days... the world populations pale in comparison to back then.

To the ZMDs that you asked about the update and they said "meh, so what"... Are/were they active duelers? Do they have no life so they can still take in all the aspects of the game? My answer to both of those questions is no...

I have to make a choice... And since people are hell bent on ruining the way I like to play the game, well just call me Karma. I'm going ZMD and I'm gonna go Evil.
:cool:

It truly is useless to further debate about the update. We can talk about how to improve duelling or other aspects of the game that are so horrendously wrong, but 0 mot duelling is not one of them.

There have already been ideas put forward... Including only allowing people to duel within a range (10-20 levels or whatever) around their regular (non-dueling) level. Which would definitely open up the amount of targets for all duelers. This would also help those XP duelers that are running all over the map looking for the 10 or so peeps they can still duel... They would have a lot of targets available to them... Including the ZMDs that are (according to them) "avoiding them". And the ZMDs will likely be dueling the XP Duelers to prove that they aren't as wussy as the XP Duelers say they are. Maybe they might even leave the poor defenseless FFers alone...
;)

BTW, I'm still wondering why non-duelers are only complaining about ZMDs that duel them and get 0 XP... but they don't seem to be upset by XP duelers that farm them for XP... Why is it such a crime not to get XP from a duel? I still don't get that...
:unsure:

You had an easy life so far, now you will have to add a bit more effort. It is not ruined, not by a long shot, It is not the same as before and yes, your duel level will raise eventually, but you are more likely to close your account by the time your duel level will reach really high levels. (provided you stay an active 0 mot dueller).

Yes, I am likely to close my account if the Dueling Game I joined changes to the point where I no longer enjoy playing it... And it's getting closer and closer to that point with each "update". Especially the dueling updates... but also some of the other ones. I've already voiced my opinion when those came up, so I won't bother to do that here.

No matter what the community says in regards to most updates... Inno doesn't seem to care. They do what they want to anyways, which is their right since it is their product... But if you do not listen to your customers, you will lose them... That's Business 101.

The only thing I'll really miss about the game are the people I have met through it... Honestly that is the only thing that keeps me here... If it wasn't for them, I would have left a long time ago.
:tumble:

I hope that will never happen.
Me too... :(

Last edited:

DeletedUser22685

I'm not sure who grenadier777 is, I've never seen him in-game and the account looks like it's been specifically created to post on this very issue, but I'm starting to think he's West Jesus sent to us by the West Gods to provide a voice of reason.

Unfortunately the preaching of West Jesus is falling on deaf ears as the people complaining on this thread seem unwilling to read, let alone reply to any posts that invite them to go beyond simply complaining.

It's been several pages since my own lengthy post advocating constructive criticism. All that post got in response was "we're not whining!", so you can call it what you want - throwing a tantrum, stomping around and making lots of noise, feeling sorry for yourself - but it still all amounts nothing because the fact remains that not a single suggestion has been offered by the 0 mots who are crying foul other than "put it back, I don't like it!". Regardless of whether you like it or not, the update is not going to be reverted so you better open up your minds real quick.

Once again I'll reinforce the fact that I am not defending this update, nor will I be a fan of a war on duellers of any kind. There are people who can tell you how firmly I've supported the duelling aspect of the game internally over the years. But the fact remains that the majority of 0 mot duellers go about their business in a way that is ultimately detrimental to the game's health. They constantly camp and back-to-back duel targets that will provide guaranteed easy wins. They don't duel for enjoyment, for a challenge or for the love of duelling. They don't even duel to defend their alliance their town. They care only about their stats, meaningless inflated numbers that they like to shake around and wave in the face of other 0 mot duellers to prove who's the biggest njub.

What these people do manage to accomplish, however, is cause hundred of people to leave town or quit. They cause thousands more to exploit the job KO bug that then penalises real duellers as well. They give all 0 mot duellers a bad name.

The reality is that not all 0 mot duellers deserve to have their name smeared by the now majority of their kind. There are high level 0 mot duellers who actually duel other duellers, who really love duelling and put enough effort into it to actually duel enough people to keep their motivation sub-10% by duelling real players alone. Some of them were 0 mot duellers before NPCs existed and are relishing the challenge of having to do it the hard way again. These real 0 mot duellers were driven to utilise this method after experiencing the frustration of having hours of travel time between duels at high levels. 0 mot duelling came about as a result of people no longer being able to do what they love in the game and using a workaround to be able to do it again.

It is for this reason that rather than declaring an open war on 0 mot duelling, we should look at the reasons it exists; cut off the problem at the roots rather than at the head. Grenadier, better known as West Jesus, posted some great suggestions as to how we can do this, from capping duel levels to reducing them over time. Achieve the desired effect by improving the gameplay of both armies rather than ruining it for the one who doesn't complain as loudly.

I believe changes such as those would actually be complimented by the split motivation system, as it will sort the real 0 mot duellers, who will welcome the fact that they will still be able to do what they love and actually be recognised for it in the rankings, from the 0 mot bullies, responsible for provoking the complaints that led to the war, who will continue shouting and stomping.

gunner86

we need more new players to get this game active and when new players join here they koed every 48 hours and they end up quitting the game, i like this new update, tho i would like a bit change here allowing level 120-150 players to duel other players with same level irrespective of dueling level to have them enough targets

Edit: nubfutu when u coming back :hmf:

Last edited:

Nisa

I still like my Melee Dueler/FFer build that lets me do decently in both aspects, but I'm not going to win any awards anytime soon with that build. I chose it so that I can play the game the way I like... Have a bit of everything. I'd get bored if I only did fort battles... or only worked... Dueling is the one aspect that you never know what will really happen. You could duel someone who has just reskilled to a dueler and they knock you flat on your hiney... Or the luck just isn't with you on that day. Or you could come across someone carrying a tonne of cash that you can use towards your gear.

You are a dueler in heart but want to be good in everything else.It wont happen I hope.I am a FFer in heart and there is no way I can go after duelers that are pestering my townies or allies or I can only watch at nice reports and shineys from traders or great exp from ppl that are pure construction build.

Dueling is the one aspect that you never know what will really happen.
I could say the same for fort battles. What makes them fun is close battles and good opponent so you dont know the outcome until last few rounds.

When it comes to ZMD I've met only a few decent ZMD duelers across the worlds that are dueling duelers only. Most of them are going after players for sure win and win records and they brag about it.
If you compare it with battles it will be like one strong team is going to win a fort with no defense. How fun is that? and what happens after you get all 52 forts.You can see it on worlds when one side is overpowered. So FFers are limited too, by number of forts and it's up to them to make it work and be fun for all.

DeletedUser35497

I write in here if i better English. but I will say that I have seen what is to be against the 100 and mot0 duelers

DeletedUser30224

HelenBack, if you use generalization and exaggeration as you primary arguments, I am sad to say that we cannot have a constructive argument. Maybe it's something wrong with me and everyone else here giving you counter arguments on why the update is not a game killer. The fact is that those bad 0mots have ruined your ways and now you have to pay for it. Be angry at them not at us.

You are forced to make a decision yes. Either be actively duelling if you want to be 0 mot or don't duel at all. It is hard for us XP duellers too so why should it be so easy for you? Valid argument. Non premium players will always complain about premium players, fort fighting tanks will always be hated by duellers except when they are in front of you in the battle, players who enter many tickets in the lottery are hated by the poor masses...there are always complaints that should be "fixed".

Helen, if you do not like the fixes, you can make a petition or try to convince the majority that it is the wrong move in the game development and if you gather allot of support, you might have a chance at reversing it, just like Ideas and Brainfarts that are proposed. You have to get a high amount of positives to get it submitted. Many duelling ideas have been proposed there, and many more will follow, but the success rate of duelling fixes that pass through the net is remarkably low. That is why I've decided to lower the passing rate from 80% to 75% and even with that people are not happy.

There was something my teacher told me recently in Management Studies class: "People do not like changes and are actively opposing them."

Before I have to run to work, I've seen this written a few times already ... that the game started as duelling game. If a peasant becomes the CEO of an IT company, is he still a peasant? The game is not what it used to be years ago.

DeletedUser22685

Helen, if you do not like the fixes, you can make a petition or try to convince the majority that it is the wrong move in the game development and if you gather allot of support, you might have a chance at reversing it, just like Ideas and Brainfarts that are proposed.

If anyone asked for a list of things that you should definitely NOT do, a petition would be number 1 :p

DeletedUser34315

The capping dueling level proposal has a lot of promise. The thing making experience dueling unattractive was the lack of targets after a certain point, so having a point in DL where targets began to increase again instead of decrease would solve a lot of the problems with players not wanting to be experience duelers.

DeletedUser35497

I think things have gone from bad to worse against high lvl dules 100% all the time is that people are disgruntled with rest work for me. lvl 0 duel against giving more items compared to 100% against duels with about "Duel rank 3"6 targets 6h . that's why I decided to try mot 0 duels and I noticed that there are a lot more comfortable
This text is google translator pahottelen mistakes that I have written.

Ag

canufeelit

something needed to be done but i would have thought any number of the numerous other solutions put forward over the years would have been better. a solution more targeted at lower level 0mot. oh and upping doc's requirements...

DeletedUser34194

Helen, if you do not like the fixes, you can make a petition or try to convince the majority that it is the wrong move in the game development and if you gather allot of support, you might have a chance at reversing it, just like Ideas and Brainfarts that are proposed.

If anyone asked for a list of things that you should definitely NOT do, a petition would be number 1 :p
for good reason
Starting a petition won't help your cause nor do we tolerate any petition of any sort as they always seem to land up with lynch mobs on our forum boycotting our threads.

DeletedUser36011

All I see is a lot of crying here for something which is really not a big issue.

Eventually it is a likely step to lose job KO protection anyway and letting actual duelers raise their motivation first before this happens to minimise the effect of this change.

Duelers will now duel more duelers, their motivations will rise with other duelers and hey you still have targets. You may have a few left, but as you keep saying it isnt 'farmville'. Well it isn't 'farmville', work a little harder to get your kicks in the game. travel a bit more, or less as people come up in the ranks those that are higher are going to get more people to duel too.

I see posts about people saying I havent got time to do this or that etc. This is a game which doesnt stop when you go offline, deal with it. Make the time. I am not online, don't duel me either yada yada yada. I got KO'ed and couldnt make it online after 8h and what, got dueled and KO'ed again. It is a silly argument on the time alone. You deal with the circumstances put in front of you. Players in this instance dont have the time either, yet it is fine for them to be abused. Remember, whatever time you put in the game is what rewards (or drawbacks) you receive.

As many have pointed out, it is the first step of many. It isn't a crusade against a certian type of player. It is a change to help the broader community. Think of the positives and not the negatives;

Now players who don't want to duel can pretty much be dueled by those who are of a lower level than them, and are more likely to survive and thus less likely to be pushed into a sense of helplessness. A dueler will have to hit a dueler more often now(or someone who has stopped dueling). Yes, the job KO is a problem, as there are many others in the game, eventually they get changed, it just takes time.

DeletedUser36323

Now we will just duel real players instead of NPC's, and duel more often. It still works. :D

My new profile page:

Now we have to duel real people instead of NPC's.
Then duel twice as much to keep
our dueling motivation down.
They said this would lead to a more balanced game.

Feel free to enjoy the new balance :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Pankreas PorFavor

I just got some hate mail today after dueling people I would normally ignore and duel NPCs instead. It made my day, actually - the last time I got mail like this was months ago.
step one in solving zero mot issue - gigantic success!!

DeletedUser

I just got some hate mail today after dueling people I would normally ignore and duel NPCs instead. It made my day, actually - the last time I got mail like this was months ago.
step one in solving zero mot issue - gigantic success!!

Well, this is never a bad thing. Some fan mail is very funny. Especially when the person gets upset at the person about the dueler dueling them. I have actually be challenged in the saloon once and put onto someones profile for being a person of pain for them. It always makes my day. :cool:

DeletedUser

Changes to dueling were anounced in 2013 roadmap! As for the event, we know that some sort of event is held for such days. What will it be next, you didnt expect Easter event? There is always some sort of excuse trying to be made to justify the whine!

Ripwise I see this forum was opened back up, it was locked for a while, was that you Rip? Bet it was!

It's not a matter of the Valentines event. Everyone expected the holiday event. The issue is the midnight upgrade the day before the event. The upgrade was timed right before an event so people would be focused on getting all the free bonds etc... It's like a government implementing a very unpopular law then implementing a tax refund to mitigate the issue. The tax break was already planned and announced but they slip the law in there just before the tax break so the impact of the law will be blunted.

Well I used to be able to log in and do 4 or 5 NPC duels and avoid having to hunt the very low level players down. This made some balance in my dueling. I could go after big bounties and hit high level players I thought had money. Now as a dueler class with 40% increased motivation gain, all I have time to do is log in and duel 4 or 5 little players every 8-10 hours. By then I'm better than half my energy down, so unless I buy premium energy (which now will NEVER happen again) I just hit the little guys and log off...

Good job INNO!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ugh, depressing. Fine...

Sadly it's for most of the 0-motivation duelers, as dueling low level is not an option anymore.

For example for my toon on w6.fr which is just a zero motivation dueler, i have to quit the world, that's my only option, with +2600 duel as challenger and +2600 win and just 61 failed duel, with more than 1000 KO and I'm just level 46. What to do now? Only option is to quit.

Yes, I want to duel non-duel skill build players. While they still have their own option to KO themselves on jobs to get rid of duellers for 48 hours what's wrong with having 0 motivation duelers?
Umm, no, it isn't your only option. I can understand the confusion though, as it's not possible to count them using your fingers. Allow me to share with you a groundbreaking discovery, hand delivered to you on a platter by our world's greatest scientists: duelling NPCs is not the only way to lower your motivation. *gasp* As detailed in my first post in this thread, zero motivation duelling was invented and spread well before duel menu bandits were implemented. Granted, there is a gap in circumstances between then and now, but not an insurmountable one. So, let me rephrase that for you, "I want to be 1337, but it requires lifting my little finger now, better quit." What an utterly ridiculous ramble. There are plenty of factual flaws in this change; no doubt you'll still find it perferable to monkey dance.

My question to all you anti-ZMDs out there... Why shouldn't one alliance's duelers not be allowed to duel the enemy alliance's fort fighters? You get rid of ZMDs or duelers that keep their duel level low so they are able to duel the enemy fort fighters... Then why even have duelers anymore? So they can run all over the map trying to find other duelers in their range?
Hmm, our favorite straw man again. What will it require, flashing lights, a siren and a slap from Chuck Norris to penetrate your personal bubble of ignorance? This change is more closely related to my left nipple than fort fighters, instead being wholely caused by the shortcomings of experience duelling. Nevertheless, if it gets you to shut your gob, I'll address your misnomer. (Watch this section of my argument get cherry picked hehe.) No, zero motivation duellers shouldn't be allowed to duel enemy fort fighters, because it no longer provides a tactical advantage. Even if some utter fool fails to utilize the remote sign-in functionality, health buffs fully negate any impact that can be had. In effect, this is an outdated excuse that conveniently ensures zero motivation duellers feel justified remaining in a duel level range lower than they should be.

If I had the time, then ya I could probably make it work... But I don't have the time. I like all aspects of the game... Fort battles, quests, dueling, being dueled... I like the variety.

The point is that they are punishing duelers for wanting to be duelers in a DUELING game... Yet the all mighty fort fighters are being put on a pedestal... No touchy!!!
:blink:

That is not fair... and that is what I have a problem with.

If the people that joined are really upset about being dueled... Why did they join a game that states on it's main page... "Discover new lands and experience exciting adventures and duels! The West awaits!" Why should duelers have to be muzzled just because those who have joined and don't want to duel believe that they shouldn't be dueled either. They joined the game for their reasons and the duelers joined the game for theirs.

Duelers aren't telling them that they can't join battles unless you are only in a fort battle with other people that are your level and fort skill/experience... Everyone is allowed to join them. Why should a fort fighter be allowed to shoot at a dueler with no fort skills in a fort battle and yet the dueler can't duel the fort fighter outside of the fort battle?

Does it sound like things are equal? I don't think so...
:rolleyes:
Ahh, and alas, the true motivating force behind the drivel layering itself to form this excuse of a debate: you couldn't be damn bothered. A noble confession, but not likely to convince management of the flaw in their change.

Next you've presented us with a well dressed non sequitur. The West home page states the game contains duels, therefore all new registrants should be expected to endure the brunt of zero motivation duelling. That is not a logical conclusion; rather, new registrants should expect duel functionality to exist within the game. These players are well within reasonable bounds to be alarmed when the functionality is massively broken and abused, albeit from necessity. (Yes, if anyone else thinks it's nothing less than necessity, please refer to my earlier comments regarding cranium extraction into daylight.) Shifting blame in the direction of these inexperienced players is a fruitless exercise, particularly given how little time you allegedly have to participate in the actual game.

Zero motivation duellers, let's be honest, you do not only want allot of targets, you want to kill people not skilled in duelling. While that is not bad, it is sad in my view for a lvl 35 player to have 2500 wins and almost no loss and still claim that just because he/she likes it it should be so. He/she plays within the rules of the game, that is not the problem, the problem is that the rules of the game are changing and that particular player needs to adapt like we all need to adapt with any change that comes our way. Like others have said, no-one really cares for NPC motivation change except 0 mots which is by far the majority of players. Duelling needs to be fixed, again we all agree here, but since in Inno's point of view 2500 wins and "harrasment" of low lvl players (ending up most definitely in KO) is bad for the health of the game, they've decided to make a change. Nothing is permanent and the game has to evolve.

Lastly, why are you accusing other play-style as bad? Why are fort fighters suddenly the bad guys? Have you run out of arguments to support your fruitless and silly claim that duelling has been ruined? I have friends that used to be 0 mots and after I asked them what they think about the update, in general I got the same response: "meh, so what". Indeed, so what? Stop making a big deal out of nothing, it's bad for your health. It truly is useless to further debate about the update. We can talk about how to improve duelling or other aspects of the game that are so horrendously wrong, but 0 mot duelling is not one of them.
HelenBack, if you use generalization and exaggeration as you primary arguments, I am sad to say that we cannot have a constructive argument. Maybe it's something wrong with me and everyone else here giving you counter arguments on why the update is not a game killer. The fact is that those bad 0mots have ruined your ways and now you have to pay for it. Be angry at them not at us.
I'll repeat this in public: Da Twista leads a great team, and every single member deserves kudos for stepping up to assist the community. However, on this particular issue, you (like many others) have respectfully demonstrated yourself to be a njub. I'll address these sound bites as general examples applying to everyone else pushing the same flawed arguments.

In summary, your assertions completely contradict themselves. Your first paragraph is a sweeping generalisation based upon no grounds. As a result of the unfortunate series of events I outlined in my first post here, almost all duellers now utilize the zero motivation tactic. Importantly, this incorporates a significant portion of converted experience duellers, who wished to cease advancing their duelling level. To claim even a majority of zero motivation duellers are harassing low level players is a false statement based upon outdated stereotypes. It makes an absolute mockery of your third paragraph I've included here.

After likening zero motivation to boogeymen, you continue on to question why Helen is accusing other play styles as bad. (You are correct, though, her arguments are as pathetic as the white nickel himself.) It's almost a textbook example of contradiction as a logical fallacy.

Well I don't have 2 cents so I'll give ya the whole nickel!

Inno changed the 0 motivation dueling rules to satisfy the people who were complaining about being dueled by these duelers right? Well correct me if I am wrong, but with the old method a dueler could keep their motivation down by dueling NPC's and not actual players so therefore not every one was a target. Now that you cannot do that the only way to keep your motivation low is to duel ACTUAL players. But doing so now forces players who don't want to be dueled to leave their towns (to avoid being targets, place bounties on the heads of the offender (in the hope someone collects it), get knocked out and get a 48 hour break, or just complain that they are being dueled often/unfairly. I think I have dueled more people since the update then I have in quite a while! Sorry, but as the saying goes "Don't hate the player. Hate the game." Ordinarily I'd only do my NPC duels, 2 players (for bonds), craft 3 things and call it a day. But now Inno has forced me to do multiple duels to keep my motivation low.
Well if you are in my area (or have a bounty I want) you are now a target. If you don't like it complain. Maybe Inno will see the error of their ways and change it back (or get rid of duel motivation completely!)(which would be the SMART thing to do), but until that time suck it up cupcake and I'll be seeing you!!!
I'm going to start by saying your right they never should have touched the motivation through NPC duels, it does nothing to solve the problems of the players being dueled by 0 mots. It really stinks for good players that have decided to duel this way and enjoy it like that. If anything eliminating the duel level would make a ton more sense.

Now to be blunt, dueling is not ruined. It is not over. It may be over for you dueling the way you are used to, but it is still every much a part of the game as it ever was.

This forum is full of players talking about the end of different aspects of the game that were changed all the way back to it's conception.

Product drop change? Traders are up in arms and trading is ruined.

Damage and skills in FF? FF is ruined.

Aim and dodge formula? ruined.

Please don't misunderstand me. Post everyday about how things were better for you before and how it shouldn't have been changed. If enough players agree with you and voice their feelings I don't doubt Inno would change it back, it wouldn't be the first time they tried a fix that bombed and got rid of it. All it takes is popular support.

But enough with the end of dueling in the west talk, ask any new player or xp dueler if they have any problems with dueling or this change and the answer is simply NO.

Also I have yet to see the thread in the forum started by fort fighters, for fort fighters, calling for the elimination of 0 mot dueling. Every fort fighter I know either job KO's or goes looking for one of you to duel KO. Why are they getting the finger point?

One last comment, I'm sorry Helen I really respect you as a player and a dueler but,

You have the choice not to sign up for a battle, if you do sign up you probably already know your outmatched in FF skills and are taking your chances. Players don't have a choice outside unless it means going townless.
The capping dueling level proposal has a lot of promise. The thing making experience dueling unattractive was the lack of targets after a certain point, so having a point in DL where targets began to increase again instead of decrease would solve a lot of the problems with players not wanting to be experience duelers.
Omg, hallelujah! West Jesus has succeesed, thought I was a holy ghost or something *smirk*

DeletedUser

All I see is a lot of crying here for something which is really not a big issue.

Eventually it is a likely step to lose job KO protection anyway and letting actual duelers raise their motivation first before this happens to minimise the effect of this change.

Duelers will now duel more duelers, their motivations will rise with other duelers and hey you still have targets. You may have a few left, but as you keep saying it isnt 'farmville'. Well it isn't 'farmville', work a little harder to get your kicks in the game. travel a bit more, or less as people come up in the ranks those that are higher are going to get more people to duel too.

I see posts about people saying I havent got time to do this or that etc. This is a game which doesnt stop when you go offline, deal with it. Make the time. I am not online, don't duel me either yada yada yada. I got KO'ed and couldnt make it online after 8h and what, got dueled and KO'ed again. It is a silly argument on the time alone. You deal with the circumstances put in front of you. Players in this instance dont have the time either, yet it is fine for them to be abused. Remember, whatever time you put in the game is what rewards (or drawbacks) you receive.

As many have pointed out, it is the first step of many. It isn't a crusade against a certian type of player. It is a change to help the broader community. Think of the positives and not the negatives;

Now players who don't want to duel can pretty much be dueled by those who are of a lower level than them, and are more likely to survive and thus less likely to be pushed into a sense of helplessness. A dueler will have to hit a dueler more often now(or someone who has stopped dueling). Yes, the job KO is a problem, as there are many others in the game, eventually they get changed, it just takes time.

This IS a crusade against a certain type of player, it has been toted as the first step in dealing with the ZMD class player. When will a dueler have to hit a dueler now? I just log in and kill some easy low level targets because it doesn't affect my duel level as much. SO all anyone I know who is actively dueling is doing is logging and hitting low level players now. I still knock out who I duel so I guess that helpless feeling isn't going anywhere for my targets, only difference is when I used to duel I hit as many high levels as I could thus mitigating some of the KO's. Now it's all low levels who have almost no chance of surviving!

The great news is when I KO a low level dueler now or even a mid level dueler who wanted to be ZMD, chances are they will quit! Because they can't get their motivation back down with NPC's.

Again! GOOD JOB INNO!