Duel Mot Split...

DeletedUser36448

0 Mot Lives On!!

Too much complaining not enough playing!

If you think your a good dueler then duel lower levels with a pillow! :shootout:

I knocked off my Mot today and went back to bounty hunting!

DeletedUser

Yes exactly. What ZMDs have been doing so far is killing dogs unarmed. Not dueling. Battles takes place at the battlefield. Not at your local streets. Armymen of your country do not act as terrorists and they do not and kill your rival countrymen, they fight against the soldiers of that country instead. And that has been the way for 200 years of civilisation on Earth. Nothing that you should be surprised about.

Read up on The Western Expansion of the United States. We are not talking about Europe here. This isn't command and conquer, or civilized army vs civilized army. This is Murdering gunslinger vs Joe Citizen. It happened, and it happened often. This is 'The-West' not European Civilization 101. We here in the States still kill each other in gun battles in the streets, or in schools, or in Bars.... Or in shoot outs with police... Happens all the time. You think the Western Expansion was any different? The unarmed were not left peacefully to pick potatoes, they were shot dead on the spot, robbed of whatever potatoes had been picked. Said innocent potato picker's family was then robbed, killed, and worse.....

You really need to read up on this before you start talking about countrymen and civilization.

DeletedUser35120

In any case Smitty, your post clearly shows you're one of those people who pick on easy wins rather than having a challenge in duels. Which is a shame in itself. Carry on with your moaning if you don't wanna man up and face some challenges. I've been a dueler myself, and I know the differences between ZMD and Exp dueling. Two clearly different levels of dueling. I won't even say ZMD dueling as dueling, it's hitting an unarmed dog which I've already stated earlier.

DeletedUser

In any case Smitty, your post clearly shows you're one of those people who pick on easy wins rather than having a challenge in duels. Which is a shame in itself. Carry on with your moaning if you don't wanna man up and face some challenges. I've been a dueler myself, and I know the differences between ZMD and Exp dueling. Two clearly different levels of dueling. I won't even say ZMD dueling as dueling, it's hitting an unarmed dog which I've already stated earlier.

Hey I'm not the one crying about "OMG... Civilization for 200 years says that opponents of only equal value should fight each other" "OMG you don't kill your countrymen you kill a common enemy" Keep crying Anny Hudson. It's whiner/moaner's like you that attract the worst sort of ZMD, the kind that kill to hear the whining and moaning. Oh speaking of...

Here is an example of the new dueling system/

Magicmaan is apparently an aspiring young dueler...

Magicmaaan Today at 11:49 AM

thanks for ko ing me man..... jesus christ

My response:

Complain to INNO. They made this game dog eat dog when they separated the dueling/npc motivation I have to hit the lowest people I can to keep my dueling level down. :( I can no longer drop my motivation with NPC's like I used to :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

LMAO
Inno HAS forced the hands of ZMD to hit the lowest level players we can find so dont whine to the duelers whine to INNO
Before the update we could just hit the NPCs then on to dueling as usual and not worry about EXP. Now with that gone the lowest level players give us minimal exp and now seems a lot more cash LOL.
So keep crying and whining about the ZMD cause believe me Inno has NOT made it better for the lower levels at all

HAMMER TIME

DeletedUser34194

Smitty
2762 Wins
51 losses?
Yeah that really looks like you were just forced to start dueling soft targets a few days ago.

DeletedUser

Are people that confused about ZMD ??
It is all about the build not soft targets no challenge in that
Get a damn clue

BUT..................... Now only soft targets to keep mot down

DeletedUser

Smitty
2762 Wins
51 losses?
Yeah that really looks like you were just forced to start dueling soft targets a few days ago.

I duel EVERYONE. I always have. No matter how high, how low, or what their class. Last I checked that is what the game was about.

From the game details off INNO's website. http://www.innogames.com/en/browser-games/the-west/

"""Play the free browser game The West and create your own avatar to follow in the footsteps of famous heroes of the West, like Billy the Kid and Buffalo Bill. Choose between the four character classes of dueller, worker, soldier, and adventurer, and complete exciting quests. Challenge other players to duels, build a town with them, and take part in strategic fort battles! InnoGames' online role-playing game The West sees you start as a greenhorn facing the dangers of the Wild West. Create your own avatar and collect experience by completing tasks and doing jobs. Become a gunslinger by challenging other players to duels. Prove your skills at the poker table or storm forts with other players. Band together with other players and work hand in hand to build your own town. Towns don't just let you work with other players, building them also earns you extra bonus points, which can be useful during the course of a game."""

So last I checked Keyser Billy the kid, didn't just kill gunslingers did he? Billy the kid shot people in the back, and murdered innocent people.

How about the second highlighted spot. "Challenge other players to duels" Sure doesn't say "Challenge other duelers to duels" does it?

What this comes down to is how I want to play the game and how you want to play the game. I am not forcing anyone to play the game as a ZMD. YOU and your type are trying to FORCE me to become a motivation/for experience dueler on the accounts that are not setup that way. Tell me how would all of YOU react if the game FORCED you to play ZMD? You wouldn't be to happy would you?

<sarcasm>Well that's it, I cannot get my way, people won't listen to me, I'm having a hard time dealing with this so I quit</sarcasm>

Just because the board is overwhelmed with ZMD issues, doesn't mean it's a true representation of the whole player base. In fact, only the complainants have come here which is what, about 15 players?

But I can tell you this now, throwing the 'I quit' around like it was a ball you're throwing to a dog when playing fetch, isn't going to make anyone budge. .

Yeah this is typical "I don't play anymore moderator behavior." I laugh because there will always be more players. I laugh at your discomfort and anger over the changes. I "We" (INNO) show with almost every post we make that we really don't care what our players think.

Maybe you should consider that the 15 players here are the ones who have taken it upon themselves to battle for the rest of the players. Just because someone doesn't come here and post doesn't mean they do not exist. You have been around long enough to know that DT. You should be ashamed of yourself as head Moderator around here.

The only Mod who has seemed to care one way or another about (ALL) player issues whether they agree with them or not, now days is zd3no.

LMAO
Inno HAS forced the hands of ZMD to hit the lowest level players we can find so dont whine to the duelers whine to INNO
Before the update we could just hit the NPCs then on to dueling as usual and not worry about EXP. Now with that gone the lowest level players give us minimal exp and now seems a lot more cash LOL.
So keep crying and whining about the ZMD cause believe me Inno has NOT made it better for the lower levels at all

HAMMER TIME

No sadly they've made it worse, MUCH worse for those who don't duel. I used to go days with logging in only to duel NPC's and keep motivation down and log back out because of my busy IRL schedule. Now I have to go duel low level guys every time I log in. Sad really. A half baked idea implemented with disastrous consequences for those who don't duel.

DeletedUser

What this comes down to is how I want to play the game and how you want to play the game. I am not forcing anyone to play the game as a ZMD. YOU and your type are trying to FORCE me to become a motivation/for experience dueler on the accounts that are not setup that way. Tell me how would all of YOU react if the game FORCED you to play ZMD? You wouldn't be to happy would you?

Could not of said any better myself and this is exactly what is going on.

HelenBack

Could not of said any better myself and this is exactly what is going on.

I totally agree... This is exactly what is happening. People that don't like one way of playing are trying to force those who do like it into a different way of playing. I still don't think anyone has the right to dictate how another person should play the game. This also goes for those FFers who think all FFers should be tanks and only have fort skills... Some people don't only want to do fort battles... They want to quest/duel/craft... Let people play the way they want to play!

No sadly they've made it worse, MUCH worse for those who don't duel. I used to go days with logging in only to duel NPC's and keep motivation down and log back out because of my busy IRL schedule. Now I have to go duel low level guys every time I log in. Sad really. A half baked idea implemented with disastrous consequences for those who don't duel.

Same here Smitty... I haven't dueled anyone other than the odd bully smackdown in months... I only used NPCs to keep my duel mot low so I wouldn't run out of targets and could help with bully smackdowns as well as try to drain some HP off enemy fort fighters.

Now... I'm dueling again. Even if I don't want to... That's what I have to do now just to keep my duel mot low. And who do I duel..? Those who give the least amount of Duel XP. Yup... The weak. As much as I hate to have to target them, my own game play is going to be messed up if I don't. Ya... For once I'm being selfish... I'm thinking about me. If you think I'm always like this, I'm not... ask anyone... I'm always helping peeps out in any way I can.

That's another reason I'm here voicing my opinion on the forum... I'm also saying this for others who do not come here. Most do not come here because of the people that like to throw personal abuse at people they don't agree with... like Grenadier.
:hmf:

Oh ya... I went to duel a low level today... Saw he had a Bouquet equipped... So I equipped one too and did a Valentine's Day duel... Then left him alone since he was unarmed. Ya.. I'm evil...
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

DeletedUser

What this boils down to me is Inno folding to the whining of a few to disgruntle the second largest contingent in this game, the duelers. Why are you trying to get rid of dueling?? Why is all of the updates geared towards making dueling harder and tier, while you cater to the forters? and why in the hell are you listening to the whiners who get dueled over the greater number of those who duel just to have fun?? You are only going to lose more players who have been here for the long haul by this update and the whiners who were getting dueled will still leave!! Cause they are whiners!! now fix the update and get this game back on track! *end rant*

Pankreas PorFavor

this is a PvP game, right? my town gets points when I win a duel, right? and when I KO you, you have a harder time to win points for your town, right? I get money when I win, right? then why in the hell should I only attack other duelers? I do go after them, and after bounties, but hey - even with NPC counting for dueling motivation that was not enough to spend all my energy in a dying world with less than 3k players. so, you want to get rid of dueling completely because you don't like it? ok, let make it so. but don't try to sell me a story about civilization and fair play. there is no fair play in the wild west.

DeletedUser

Smitty, please refer to my previous post addressed to Helen, thanks.

That's another reason I'm here voicing my opinion on the forum... I'm also saying this for others who do not come here. Most do not come here because of the people that like to throw personal abuse at people they don't agree with... like Grenadier.
:hmf:
What a gross misrepresentation. I have stated my clear opposition to the change, posed detailed backround posts explaining the situation and effectively argued my (our) case. You, Helen, continued to ramble and shout endlessly like a radio shock jock. Perhaps consider the possibility that guests do not post here, not because of me, but solely because trolls like you must be personally berated before you briefly pause your shouting match to actually engage in reasoned discussion. (Not that you did actually engage my arguments, while your pause to the shouting match lasted a whole five minutes.) It is perfectly understandable why many potential users would rather bang their head against a plate of metal spikes repeatedly rather than read, for the fifth billion time this week, that the homepage contains the word "duel" amongst other utterly unpersuasive fallacies. Of course, the drivel being reciprocated by those you inflame deserves the same uncomfortable examination. ;)

DeletedUser34194

I'm not trying to force anyone to play any different. If you read my earlier posts I supported ZMD even if it is not how I play, and I don't think this change was for the best at all.

Play the way you want, kill whoever you want. Just stop throwing out BS as justification for why this is a bad update. You folks may be trying to speak for the ZMD's but you keep saying you are nothing like the majority.

what I am saying is that you can't say this change is making you do something you normally wouldn't do. That would be dueling soft targets, soft targets being folks you are sure you can beat easily. Whether they are workers, other duelers or Fort fighters doesn't matter. You need to duel more than ever before but they are from the same stock.

You can't say you only duel the best and your build is just so good that is why you have 5000 wins and 12 losses.

And you can't say dueling is no longer part of the game. Stop quoting the damn Game description like it's a giant lie.

Who cares what (insert real life outlaw) did? THIS is a game! History of any kind good or bad shouldn't make any difference. There are UFO's in the map, a ******* with a fancy scarf, and most of the quests are based on movies.

At least Pankreas Porfavor owns it, "yeah I play the part of an A-hole and I only duel women and small children.....So what? Stop messing with my game." That is something I totally get behind.

You want to get this changed stick with how it is failing on what it was supposed to do. Although time will tell on that as well.

DeletedUser34307

motivation 0

with this "update" you just make mo0 duel more and now they got to use nuggets and buffs more,because they had to duel players all time,earlier they could low theyr duel motivation with npc:s. if someone got ko:d hes 48h away and cant drop motivation = pure pushing to higher duel levels even player could be low lvl.thesekind updates ruin whole game,mayby next month this is farmwille and no1 couldnt attack to any players,or if does he win carrot or tomatoe,depends what enemy raise in hes field.
FF:n whitout town is lazy too,i bet many FF:s going to be whitout town so they cant get duelled before FF start and that kill tactics in this game,like motivation remove.

respectfully: da noob

Pankreas PorFavor

At least Pankreas Porfavor owns it, "yeah I play the part of an A-hole and I only duel women and small children.....So what? Stop messing with my game." That is something I totally get behind..

I also play a part of a pure trader, pure HP, and a mix of HP/leadership/hiding/stamina. for years I played an all-jobs-build quester and then crafter. my "A-hole" character is a worker class character - I built 3 towns way back in w10 before turning to a melee dueler. this character participated in 268 fort battles too. now I'm a ranged 0mot with this 5 year old toon. it has seen a lot of changes, and maybe it will see many more. I will say this - I have never had more fun in this game than dueling for MC alliance in W10. it's been downhill since :(
and this A-hole who attacks only women and children somehow managed to collect "a few" bounties. who are those sick people putting bounties on infants?!?

this change is not bad just because of splitting duel motivation. that's an isolated incident. it's the direction that this game is going that's bad (in my humble opinion). I didn't start as a dueler. I was a noob in w9 when I started. I got my behind kicked and learned to live with it. I learned what it meant to make a balanced build - enough to work on jobs and finish quests, but also to defend myself. sure, I'd lose against a pure dueler, but I'd hit a few times, just to make them think again when coming back. it was a challenge - be safe, work on jobs, finish quests, and later, when forts came into play - I learned that too and adjusted my build. and I learned what it means to save a lot of money to be able to pay the shaman to reskill. no bonds or nuggets - there was no option to do it. just months of hard work. but I learned a lot so I didn't repeat mistakes in w10, w4 etc. but "anny hudsons" of the west today don't want to go down that hard road. they want it easy. ok, why not.

Last edited:

HelenBack

What a gross misrepresentation. I have stated my clear opposition to the change, posed detailed backround posts explaining the situation and effectively argued my (our) case. You, Helen, continued to ramble and shout endlessly like a radio shock jock. Perhaps consider the possibility that guests do not post here, not because of me, but solely because trolls like you must be personally berated before you briefly pause your shouting match to actually engage in reasoned discussion. (Not that you did actually engage my arguments, while your pause to the shouting match lasted a whole five minutes.) It is perfectly understandable why many potential users would rather bang their head against a plate of metal spikes repeatedly rather than read, for the fifth billion time this week, that the homepage contains the word "duel" amongst other utterly unpersuasive fallacies. Of course, the drivel being reciprocated by those you inflame deserves the same uncomfortable examination. ;)

You may have some great facts and information... But it's being drowned out by the abuse you keep throwing at others. Maybe that's why your first post that apparently "contains common sense" was not responded to in the first place.
:rolleyes:

Also, just out of curiosity... What .net worlds do you play? No one here has even heard about you until your 7 rather abusive posts. They were asking me who you were and I didn't know... So I searched all .net worlds and there is no "grenadier777" to be found on any of them... Not even Beta. How are you able to post here at all if you aren't even playing? You need to use your West logon credentials to create a forum account... Are you from another language's server?
:unsure:

Ripwise

You dont need ingame account to make forum account. Not everyone on this forum play the game.

Before we get off topic, anyone got anything constructive to add?

Ideas and brainfarts section is open to any ideas, make something up and we will discuss possible new duel system, anyone?

DeletedUser

Ya Rip why not scrap the duel level all together?? narrow the dueling scope to just a few levels either way of the player, and then it will be anyones responsibility to get away from a player if they are being bothered simply level up a couple times! make regular XP from dueling available like fort battles, as it stands xp from dueling is a punishment to be served later on. This is a simple fix but it needs to happen fast we are losing duelers every single day that the system stays the way it is!! This would actualy encourage less dueling as the moti would directly effect how much xp/cash you got! just like any other job. And while your at it, why not make a FF motivation that decreases with every battle!!!

HelenBack

Ya Rip why not scrap the duel level all together?? narrow the dueling scope to just a few levels either way of the player, and then it will be anyones responsibility to get away from a player if they are being bothered simply level up a couple times! make regular XP from dueling available like fort battles, as it stands xp from dueling is a punishment to be served later on. This is a simple fix but it needs to happen fast we are losing duelers every single day that the system stays the way it is!! This would actualy encourage less dueling as the moti would directly effect how much xp/cash you got! just like any other job. And while your at it, why not make a FF motivation that decreases with every battle!!!

I agree... I think this would be the best fix to one of the main issues with dueling... The lack of targets as your duel level climbs. This will open up a lot of targets for ZMDs and XP duelers. This is something I've mentioned a few times. It would be a quick and easy fix.

It would make those high XP DL bounties available to the ZMDs as well as the other way around. Also, there probably will be a bit of a war between the ZM and XP duelers while they try to prove who is really better... Leaving the non-duelers in relative peace.
;)

Plus I'd finally have some use for all those Christmas Crackers.
:p

I like the idea of the FF Motivation... Just like the duel/work mot drops. There is such a thing as "Battle Fatigue". It makes sense to add it to the game.

Last edited: