Passed Changes to Dueler Advantages

Would you like to see this idea implemented into the game?

• Yes

Votes: 97 62.2%
  • No

Votes: 59 37.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I don't think we should defeat soldiers
I think that there are two dueling classes, one should be the 'opposite' of the other, not beat the other.

I can't think anything right now... Maybe tomorrow, it's late now :p

Diggo11

So we have approximately a third of you arguing for more advantages, another third arguing for less and the remainder satisfied as it is. Surely that's got to mean the proposed advantages are fairly good...

DeletedUser

Awarding even more money to duelers would be a good change for the class. However a 25% chance of taking all your opponents money just seems to remind me of another thread. The fact that no matter the level of your towns bank there is a limit to the amount that each player can deposit. So in high level duels where a players bank is 100% at capacity, the fact that there would be a 25% chance that they can lose all of what they cannot protect just seems like it will open up another suggested change. If this happens there should be no limit to you bank account upon completion of the highest level bank.

Soon not true:
zet said:
We updated the beta to 1.26

- Bank limit is gone. It is replaced with a daily transaction limit that depends on the town's bank level. You can pay money into your account at any bank, but if it's not the home town's bank, there's a transaction fee that is being subtracted.
(see http://forum.westbeta.innogames.de/showthread.php?t=702)

DeletedUser14029

let me specify again, something I said long ago:
1) Workers and Duelers who DO NOT spec for dueling/self-defence are already getting butchered by those who did. HOWEVER, there's a slight chance that if one spec for Setting Traps (and thus Dexterity), you can win the duel with the Aim and Shooting that came with it, or at least make you a less vulnerable target thus staying off you

2) People grumble about Soldiers all the time. In fact they're the 'needle-in-cotton' as a saying goes in Chinese - you are fine as long as you stay off from dueling them. Giving OFFENSIVE BONUSES to Duelers will only drive more people off towns to do jobs.

3) It's different in Motivation and Skill Bonuses. What's the point of dogging him if I can't really beat this old hag going for all Blue (Dexterity) and is an o-kay dueler? Give me Skill Bonuses and the other two classes are facing people now they have no chance of winning. N O N E

4) I am re-specing to be a tank. Giving 15% Toughness/Reflex bonuses will only be asking for trouble - reason (I heard) they took away 25% of the effectiveness is because it was too powerful. Now it's coming back? FOR TANK-DUELERS ONLY?!

that's really unfair to Workers and Adventurers >.<

More Money gain, more Motivation (refer to (1) and (3)) I will rather stand a chance and get farmed more if I can't beat him, rather than getting farmed for sure >.<

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

sure the throwing knives are good on new worlds where most people have shotguns and razors when you get them but sooner or latter you stop using them due to you hitting as low as 6 damage due to their damage rate being like 6 to 66.

correction: 2 - 66

DeletedUser

i think it will become unfair for other classes
-because if their motivation increased by 40% then, workers would also want their motivation to increase.
-and if they get these bonuses then this class will be way at the top but now they fit with the others
-if they get clothes bonus then soldier should have their 10% bonus of their gears in fort battle
-workers will become more weak against the duelers's skill points
-everyones money will be stolen so it will cause imbalance in division of money among players

DeletedUser

Adding a resistance bonus wouldn't be fair. That would way worse then the soldier's bonus, the tactics only works for defense. Resistance is for both. I think that the motivation rising 40% faster is good for whoever wants to duel for xp. And the money bonus is ok too. But as Diggo said, it should be tweaks to rather than change just to change.

Diggo11

i think it will become unfair for other classes
-because if their motivation increased by 40% then, workers would also want their motivation to increase.
Can everyone stop bringing other classes into this? They have perfectly fine advantages, are completely unrelated and do not need to be discussed here.
-and if they get these bonuses then this class will be way at the top but now they fit with the others
Right now it is unanimous, dueller class is a load of rubbish. I honestly doubt if you know what you are talking about.

DeletedUser

dueling levels missappriate dueling

Dueling etiquette needs to be followed. If a person is working and wearing inappropriate clothing for dueling they should not be dueled. A person initiating a duel sees what the person they are challenging is wearing. It is unfair also for a person who is 10 levels higher then you in dueling but the same level as you in character level to duel you their is no sport in this at all. Many workers are being dueled who have points on construction and so are adventurers who are playing construction experts. :mad:

This would be dishonorable in the old west and it should be dishonorable here. :sad:

If anyone else agrees that these areas should be changed please say so. :sad:

:indian: P.S if others feel the same way I do please post it here :indian:

DeletedUser

The outlaws in the REAL old west were not always honorable, that is why they were outlaws.
As an example, just do a Google search for Wild Bill Hickok.

PS: Before you get all upset at what I said, keep in mind that in one of my worlds, I used to be the TOP Construction worker & building coordinator for a large & growing empire and got dueled a LOT. Even now I STILL have a 3 - 1 loss to win ratio in that world. You either learn the tricks of the trade on how to avoid duels or you just take them as they come, but that goes with the class. Also, sounds like you need better duelers/soldiers in your town to beat those players up, that is always a surefire way to get your "weaker" players left alone, simply KO anyone that attacks them.

DeletedUser

Dueling etiquette needs to be followed. If a person is working and wearing inappropriate clothing for dueling they should not be dueled. A person initiating a duel sees what the person they are challenging is wearing. It is unfair also for a person who is 10 levels higher then you in dueling but the same level as you in character level to duel you their is no sport in this at all. Many workers are being dueled who have points on construction and so are adventurers who are playing construction experts. :mad:

This would be dishonorable in the old west and it should be dishonorable here. :sad:

If anyone else agrees that these areas should be changed please say so. :sad:

:indian: P.S if others feel the same way I do please post it here :indian:

I'm fairly sure that something being dishonourable in the old west didn't stop anyone from doing it if they were able to profit from their actions.

Workers wouldn't walk round freely with cash falling out of their pockets and then say to the nearest soldier or dueler who looked at them and go 'No no, you shouldn't fight me because it's wrong and I can't fight back and if you do you take my money'

The old west wasn't fair for a lot of people apart from those who took the initiative and jumped on opportunities and other people often suffered as a result. Stick rules on people that they can't duel half the people playing will just make them turn away

DeletedUser

First. If this happens, which I hope it doesn't, it would set a bad example of improving a character class without any improvement for the competing classes, especially since everyone knew what the "rewards" were BEFORE choosing them.

Second, since character premium would DOUBLE the suggestions, that would make that class WAY TO POWERFUL. Yes, soldiers are powerful, but it is mainly a DEFENSIVE POWER, not an ATTACKING power, like would be the case here.

Third, since the road map says something to the effect of possible increasing the number of benefits to 6 [from the current 3], I feel THAT would be the best time to "improve" the class without adversely affecting all the other classes.

DeletedUser

I really can't see how there's many No votes. By what I read here in this thread, almost all people who voted No are Peace & Love workers / adventurers who don't even want duels and think that will make the class powerful and will screw them.

I bet those guys don't know what they're talking about because they probably have never been Duelers.

Worker motivation increase too? What the hell? Workers are very fine to build: it isn't pretty often somebody chooses other class to build up towns. Will make duelers too powerful? How? Soldiers own dueling. Duelers suck in duels.

DeletedUser

The outlaws in the REAL old west were not always honorable, that is why they were outlaws.
As an example, just do a Google search for Wild Bill Hickok.

PS: Before you get all upset at what I said, keep in mind that in one of my worlds, I used to be the TOP Construction worker & building coordinator for a large & growing empire and got dueled a LOT. Even now I STILL have a 3 - 1 loss to win ratio in that world. You either learn the tricks of the trade on how to avoid duels or you just take them as they come, but that goes with the class. Also, sounds like you need better duelers/soldiers in your town to beat those players up, that is always a surefire way to get your "weaker" players left alone, simply KO anyone that attacks them.

Excuse me but "Wild Bill Hickok" was not an outlaw. he was a lawman. please get your facts straight.

I'm fairly sure that something being dishonourable in the old west didn't stop anyone from doing it if they were able to profit from their actions.

Workers wouldn't walk round freely with cash falling out of their pockets and then say to the nearest soldier or dueler who looked at them and go 'No no, you shouldn't fight me because it's wrong and I can't fight back and if you do you take my money'

The old west wasn't fair for a lot of people apart from those who took the initiative and jumped on opportunities and other people often suffered as a result. Stick rules on people that they can't duel half the people playing will just make them turn away

The REAL old west "gunfights" (duels) were rare. Outlaws didn't just go into towns and randomly shoot everyone in a town. In most big towns they had actual rules against carrying guns in town limits. And outlaws didn't live very long in general who did shoot everyone. there are however one exception "James Wesly harden". But we don't know how many people he really killed as he was a bragger like most outlaws.

This game needs to enforce the etiquette dueling rules and ban people who are just out there ruining the game experience for many.

I suggest a dueling and non-dueling check box. you turn it on when you want to duel and off when you don't. the catch is, that if you duel anyone while in dueling mode. They get to duel you back if they choose to if/when you turn dueling back off. That keeps people from dueling others then hiding by turning it back off.

Another thing which should be implemented is an outlaw class and a bounty hunter class. If you duel people who do not want to be dueled you become and outlaw with a reasonable price on your head. If someone duels an outlaw and wins the outlaw loses one dueling level of outlaw. So if you go bad you can go back to non-dueler by being dueled. Make the duel level specific to dueling lever. don't let anyone duel anyone 3 levels over their level. Also have moderators (sheriff's) with the ability to keep outlaws from becoming all powerful. I expect none of my suggestion will happen because the game caters to the young kiddies who have chips on their shoulders.

And finally I suggest that no one should be able to see what you have on. they should only see your regular gaming level. not your dueling level. People in the real west had no idea of what kills a person had until they were put to the test.

I vote yes on ALL these suggestions.

Darius T.

DeletedUser

The REAL old west "gunfights" (duels) were rare. Outlaws didn't just go into towns and randomly shoot everyone in a town. In most big towns they had actual rules against carrying guns in town limits. And outlaws didn't live very long in general who did shoot everyone. there are however one exception "James Wesly harden". But we don't know how many people he really killed as he was a bragger like most outlaws.

This game needs to enforce the etiquette dueling rules and ban people who are just out there ruining the game experience for many.

I suggest a dueling and non-dueling check box. you turn it on when you want to duel and off when you don't. the catch is, that if you duel anyone while in dueling mode. They get to duel you back if they choose to if/when you turn dueling back off. That keeps people from dueling others then hiding by turning it back off.

Then don't call it duel, call it felony or handgun robbery.

DeletedUser

Another thing which should be implemented is an outlaw class and a bounty hunter class. If you duel people who do not want to be dueled you become and outlaw with a reasonable price on your head. If someone duels an outlaw and wins the outlaw loses one dueling level of outlaw. So if you go bad you can go back to non-dueler by being dueled. Make the duel level specific to dueling lever. don't let anyone duel anyone 3 levels over their level. Also have moderators (sheriff's) with the ability to keep outlaws from becoming all powerful. I expect none of my suggestion will happen because the game caters to the young kiddies who have chips on their shoulders.

And finally I suggest that no one should be able to see what you have on. they should only see your regular gaming level. not your dueling level. People in the real west had no idea of what kills a person had until they were put to the test.

I vote yes on ALL these suggestions.

Darius T.

That would take away all the fun from the game.. And besides, I don't think that would be how the devs meant the game to be played. If that was added to the game, they should add a feature that allows towns to check a box saying whether or not they will allow their fort to be attacked.

DeletedUser

At the current moment, the society pyramid of The West seems to be this (from most important class to least)

1. Soldiers who defend their town and bring in money from duels
2. Builders who build up their town and get those new items in the store
3. Adventurers who do quests and give some money from them to the town
4. Duelers who, unless they know what they're doing, can beat soldiers

Duelers are obviously always at the bottom of the ladder. They can't duel as good as soldiers due to the advantages, they don't really do quests since they are built to duel, and who ever heard of a duelist building up a town?

Workers were made to build towns, and because of that they will always be useful. A town can't survive without builders. It's a fact. So why say that the worker class has worse advantages than duelers, when they are obviously much better and useful than duelers to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.