Passed Changes to Dueler Advantages

Would you like to see this idea implemented into the game?

• Yes

Votes: 97 62.2%
  • No

Votes: 59 37.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser17969

Something I've always wondered is why duellers get no weapon advantages?

Soldiers can use duelling weapons 3 levels earlier (6 with prem) which certainly makes fights a bit more challenging from a dueller's point of view... and that's before taking into account the soldier's tactics/HP bonus.

I know nobody would go for it so late in the game but logically (well my logic anyway!) soldiers should be able to use fort guns at an earlier level and duellers normal weapons at an earlier level.

Perhaps fairer would be a combination of the two:

Soldier: fort weapons 3 levels early, duelling weapons 1 level early
Dueller: duelling weapons 3 levels early

I sure as hell regret being a noob and selecting dueller "cos I wanted to fight", that much I do know!!

DeletedUser

agree with u at this points, solider should have more advence in big battle , not some small 1-on-1 fight

Diggo11

Something I've always wondered is why duellers get no weapon advantages?

Soldiers can use duelling weapons 3 levels earlier (6 with prem) which certainly makes fights a bit more challenging from a dueller's point of view... and that's before taking into account the soldier's tactics/HP bonus.

I know nobody would go for it so late in the game but logically (well my logic anyway!) soldiers should be able to use fort guns at an earlier level and duellers normal weapons at an earlier level.

I sure as hell regret being a noob and selecting dueller "cos I wanted to fight", that much I do know!!
It's much better to boost a class than nerf one though. By boosting duellers we'd make the game better for players, by nerfing soldiers we'd just be pissing them off.

DeletedUser

agree with u at this points, solider should have more advence in big battle , not some small 1-on-1 fight

It's too late to change it now. You can't add new advantages to the soldier's existing advantages and you can't screw all the dueling soldiers out there by making them respec as fort fighters.

DeletedUser21502

This thread makes me not regret being a dueler. Hope can be done immediately :)

DeletedUser

Everyone knows duellers are carp but has anyone considered dueller-only items that might give them a really good duelling advantage? Something like Clint's poncho being for duellers only and having some kick-ass attributes in dodge, aim, and HP?

DeletedUser

Everyone knows duellers are carp but has anyone considered dueller-only items that might give them a really good duelling advantage? Something like Clint's poncho being for duellers only and having some kick-ass attributes in dodge, aim, and HP?

it was said not to suggest things like that, and clints poncho isnt that good for dueling

DeletedUser

Has anyone considered the option of picking whether or not u wanted it to rise faster or rise slower. Maybe when you reach level 10 and pick dueler, you could check dueling motivation rises 40% faster, or dueling motivation rises 40% slower. Of coarse you could only pick it once, just like your profile picture. The only difference would be once you picked, you couldn't buy gold nuggets to change it to the other.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

it was said not to suggest things like that, and clints poncho isnt that good for dueling

I am aware of Clint's poncho. I was suggesting it was changed to a dueller-only item and to be kick-ass. Call it colin's leopardskin tutu if you like. :D

I want to change dueller's advantages but I don't like the proposals particularly and I have suggested an alternative. I guess I will have to vote no even though I do feel duellers need more.

DeletedUser

Eh I'll be content if my class gets something better than being speedy on the map or getting an extra 10 dollars from a duel. So vote yes guys!

DeletedUser

• gearj.jpg
    In duels you get an extra 10% of your skill points from equipped gear.
The 1st current advantage is that speed on the map is increased by 10% which is a joke. A simple donkey worth $250 gives you 25% speed. This so call advantage is neither used in early, nor in late game.

(Move this down here)

Changes

Previous suggestion, not to be considered:

• appearance.jpg
    In duels you receive a bonus of 50% to your appearance skill.
If duelers receive a bonus of 50% to their appearance skill, this actually puts them back on the track. Soldier's are the masters of defending, why not duelers be what their supposed to be?

Reason for deletion: This will negate the soldier's bonus and thus hinder other classes.

• aimz.jpg
    In duels you receive a bonus of 10% to your aim skill
Reason for deletion: Same as appearance. Aim is a disadvantage for other classes, while dodging is a "neutral" skill.

I am strongly against the unbalancing of the game in that manner. If you want to tip anything extra towards the favor of a Duelers battles, it should be that they get to keep their greenhorn speed of 150% add 10% and travel faster. I strongly disagree with the 10% skills increase from selected items. It would wack the game more off balance than old Ruth smashing a baseball across the field.

DeletedUser

Duelers really need new advantages: Soldiers own dueling!
I think I know what needs to be done. It will make a lot of soldiers mad, but it would create a better balance. If you dropped the soldier class then their would be a better balance. The soldier's bonus affects the who wins or loses, a dueler only affects afterwards. The adventurer class affects what you get out of jobs. The worker class is a little different since it does add labor points to construction. Dropping the soldier class would bring more balance. Just add the soldier avatars to the other classes avatars. I know this will most likely not happen, because it will make a lot of soldier's mad. But maybe when a new world comes out, they can not have soldiers in it.:huh:

DeletedUser

COMPRIMISE!

Whenever a dueler is defeated by a Soldier who sucessfully defends, the dueler still gains some experience from losing, approx. 25% of normal win exp...

That way, Duelers still get something, this time for losing :cool:

DeletedUser

COMPRIMISE!

Whenever a dueler is defeated by a Soldier who sucessfully defends, the dueler still gains some experience from losing, approx. 25% of normal win exp...

That way, Duelers still get something, this time for losing :cool:

Going around losing duels is not how I want to use my character advantages :mad:

DeletedUser

By taking out the soldier class, there would be perfect balance. And train robber, I'm going to have to agree with you, if I was a dueler class, I would not want my advantage to be losing.

DeletedUser

One thing can be implemented in this game for duelers can be they can use dueling weapon 3-5 higher than its current level...it will considerable make duelers equivalent to Soldier.

Status
Not open for further replies.