Passed Changes to Dueler Advantages

Would you like to see this idea implemented into the game?

• Yes

Votes: 97 62.2%
  • No

Votes: 59 37.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

One thing can be implemented in this game for duelers can be they can use dueling weapon 3-5 higher than its current level...it will considerable make duelers equivalent to Soldier.
I don't think that is the solution. If u were to do that, you should do that for workers and adventurers as well.

Diggo11

One thing can be implemented in this game for duelers can be they can use dueling weapon 3-5 higher than its current level...it will considerable make duelers equivalent to Soldier.
That's why we even have a class system in the first place, variety. I don't think giving everyone the exact same bonuses would go down well.

DeletedUser

Lets think about the two classes. When I think of a western soldier I think of a guy in a uniform with a rifle who went to west point, signed up and then latter left the civil war, and then signed up to defend his townmates out west. When I think of a duelist I think of a wanted criminal out looking for money. A die hard brute who doesn't care about anyone or anything, only the money in his pocket and his life ahead of him.

So what I think that a nice advantage for the dueler class instead of the 10% more money option is this:

As a dueler you have a 25% chance of taking all the money that the loser is holding.

But hey, thats just my idea. I really don't care what the new advantages are, just so that they are better than the underpowered advantages that duelists have already.

DeletedUser20190

I like train's idea about 25% chance of taking all the persons money. I just hope that they don't do the motivation raises 40% faster thing I don't even like it at 20% to me that is a useless advantage.

DeletedUser

I like train's idea about 25% chance of taking all the persons money. I just hope that they don't do the motivation raises 40% faster thing I don't even like it at 20% to me that is a useless advantage.

I guess you are 0% dueler ? For us who duel for XP it will be a great advantage. BUT there are different points of view; 0mot/XP duelers...

DeletedUser

Unlike the sword quest where people didn't know what effect their decisions would have, players know in advance EXACTLY what effect the various character classes will have. If they chose Dueler class because it said "dueler" than regretted the decision later. Well that is the result you have to live with, after all this is SUPPOSED to be a RPG game, not RPG game unless I made the wrong decision, please change the game to save me game.

ALSO, dueler class IS very good if you are a zero motivation dueler for money.

DeletedUser

As a dueler you have a 25% chance of taking all the money that the loser is holding.

lol :laugh:, it will completely kill the soul of the player if he/she saw that his/her $3k is gone on a single duel only !!
and 25% is very huge, i always have 3 - 4 corn ( 25% probability w/o premium ) in doing 2hrs. picking corn !!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That means every 1 in 4 duels you take all the money, that is literally way to much, there is actually 1 major advantage to the dueler class, they have the most class weapons, not much but it is something to think about, anyways the big thing is that you need something that evens it out, a lot of people argue that if 1 class gets this then these classes get this I see Duelers out their in lots of worlds, they do not chose by accident, it is to get extra money and deserve it with the blood they shed, those people have to work that extra hard to defeat soldiers, for that extra mile they should get something for it.

DeletedUser

The Duelist quest weapons are rubbish in my opinion. Sure the throwing knives are good on new worlds where most people have shotguns and razors when you get them but sooner or latter you stop using them due to you hitting as low as 6 damage due to their damage rate being like 6 to 66.

As for the others, the boomerang is no better than a shotgun and by the time you get the shortend shotgun you should already be able to use the way better revolvers. The only dueler item that I find myself using is the diamond necklace, which gives a handy +7 aim.

But anyway, I don't know how taking all your enemies money in one out of four duels or in one out of five duels is bad. I don't come across many duels where the person I duel is carrying more than 1k cash. And even if he was, I would only have a 25% or 20% chance of getting it all.

DeletedUser

The thing is that lets say someone gets lucky and hits me after i just completed a quest that gave me... 10k, i am gonna be pissed if someone gets all of that! :mad: :mad: :mad::mad::mad: The biggest thing is to get something reasonable, a 1:3 chance of getting all the money is way out of the question! Lets say... a 15% increase to resistance of the current weapon of the Dueliee

ex: if the person being dueled has a fire arm the Dueler gets a 15% bonus to reflexes.

DeletedUser

The thing is that lets say someone gets lucky and hits me after i just completed a quest that gave me... 10k, i am gonna be pissed if someone gets all of that! :mad: :mad: :mad::mad::mad: The biggest thing is to get something reasonable, a 1:3 chance of getting all the money is way out of the question! Lets say... a 15% increase to resistance of the current weapon of the Dueliee

ex: if the person being dueled has a fire arm the Dueler gets a 15% bonus to reflexes.

I like the one you suggested
Tough resistance duelers (class) duelists (who duels) will get unbeatable.

DeletedUser

I believe the duelists advantages should be changed, but the changes suggested are too high.

DeletedUser

I believe the duelists advantages should be changed, but the changes suggested are too high.

I don't see how these advantages are higher than a soldier's attributes, who get a tactic bonus, a health bonus, and the ability to use a dueling weapon AND a gun three levels before he should.

DeletedUser

Duelers needs change, but gear bonus is too high. This should be offensive bonus, might be related to dueling motivation. Like +10 to aim if attack with 100%, then goes down by 1 every 10% and reaches 0 when motivation drops below 10%

DeletedUser

the 15% to resistance i think was completely fair! It just cancels out the 15% tactics a soldier gets:dry:

DeletedUser

So what I think that a nice advantage for the dueler class instead of the 10% more money option is this:

But hey, thats just my idea. I really don't care what the new advantages are, just so that they are better than the underpowered advantages that duelists have already.
Awarding even more money to duelers would be a good change for the class. However a 25% chance of taking all your opponents money just seems to remind me of another thread. The fact that no matter the level of your towns bank there is a limit to the amount that each player can deposit. So in high level duels where a players bank is 100% at capacity, the fact that there would be a 25% chance that they can lose all of what they cannot protect just seems like it will open up another suggested change. If this happens there should be no limit to you bank account upon completion of the highest level bank.
Or~
Perhaps seeing as how duelers: You receive 10% more money in a duel.
Change to You receive 10% more money in a duel. With a chance to receive a 50% bonus income from that duel. Doesn't happen every time but when it would happen the reward would be nice. For the ease of the math Character A(Dueler) Defeats Character B in a duel. Character B carried $300. Character A is reward the $100 for winning the duel and another 10% so $130. Now with my idea theres a chance that theyre awarded an additional 50% of their takings. Which would bump the $130 to $195. Just a revision of the precious idea, or so I would think.

DeletedUser

:mad::mad:THAT DOES NOT HELP US!!!!!! We want something that will help against Soldiers, money means nothing if you can't kill someone for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.