Passed Changes to Dueler Advantages

Would you like to see this idea implemented into the game?

• Yes

Votes: 97 62.2%
  • No

Votes: 59 37.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Why vote yes on something that isn't concrete? This is one of the most active threads, with lots of stuff being tossed about. Who knows what will result?
Here you go:
And I just wanted to throw this out there, the thread title is changes to dueler advantages, so aren't we voting for some sort of change to them? I mean I've said this before and I;m going to say it again, I don't care what the changed advantages are, as long as they are somewhat useful this time around.

DeletedUser

It really makes me mad that people can't seem to get These people duel for their career, if the have an unfair disadvantage what is the point of choosing them, there might as well just be Advenurers, Builders, and Soldiers

DeletedUser

It really makes me mad that people can't seem to get These people duel for their career, if the have an unfair disadvantage what is the point of choosing them, there might as well just be Advenurers, Builders, and Soldiers

When I started this game I hardly thought that I would be playing it for long. But I learnt to like it, and I decided to chose the dueler class due to the avatar suiting me. Well I'm still playing in that same world, now as a level 65 dueler that wins most duels.

So now I have to stick with this class in that world till I quit. And if duelers don't get better advantages and everyone follows your advice, then sooner or later the whole class will die out and nobody will pick the only class that has "useless" advantages anymore.

DeletedUser

And if duelers don't get better advantages and everyone follows your advice, then sooner or later the whole class will die out and nobody will pick the only class that has "useless" advantages anymore.

This is already happening. Here is something I posted a couple of pages back:

For reference. In Top 500 of World 11 there are 8 duelers. That's 1.6%. You can see how popular this class is.

Means when World 12 starts even less people will know not to choose "Dueler".

DeletedUser

Means when World 12 starts even less people will know not to choose "Dueler".
:eek:hmy: Exactly (thank you bOOk), so why do so of you people still argue that it is unfair to change the advantages, here is another example of what could be used "the Dueler gets a 10%-15% (people's choice) increase on vigor or shooting, depending on if you use a melee weapon or a firearm"

DeletedUser

I'm playing only as dueler on w1 and if i could i'd change it to any other class any time.
Workers get exp increase on jobs - so they level faster;
Adventurers - get more money = get better items earlier - level faster
Soldiers - have more hp, can do better in fort battle4s and duels plus do not get ko'ed so ofter thus not loosing energy - they level faster;
Duelers - with 20% motivation regeneration - at first its nice, but in time when your dueling level gets too high - this "bonus" becomes a big disadvantage. I'd rather choose -20% to dueling level increase then motivation regeneration.

DeletedUser

I'm playing only as dueler on w1 and if i could i'd change it to any other class any time.
Workers get exp increase on jobs - so they level faster;
Adventurers - get more money = get better items earlier - level faster
Soldiers - have more hp, can do better in fort battle4s and duels plus do not get ko'ed so ofter thus not loosing energy - they level faster;
Duelers - with 20% motivation regeneration - at first its nice, but in time when your dueling level gets too high - this "bonus" becomes a big disadvantage. I'd rather choose -20% to dueling level increase then motivation regeneration.

I suggested that

(...)

Your dueling level raises 25% slower

but...

(...)
but a lot of people want a high dueling level.
(...)

DeletedUser

Originally Posted by Elmyr
(...)
but a lot of people want a high dueling level.
(...)

I hold different opinion in this matter - majority (i'd say like 8-9 out of 10) would say that one of the factors that is holding them from dueling is dueling level increase and disadvantages that comes with them (as it was an idea of dueling level implementation). Of course there are always people who want to show off - they could choose another class - like soldier with +20 motivation regeneration :)
If to stay serious and on topic - i really expect serious changes to duelers advantages to come up with major changes to dueling and sub-skills implemented. If it wont - it will stay only as a useless class with nice avatars, played by newbies, masochists and enthusiasts.
Another thing - i think lots of people mix dueler class with dueler as style of playing. There are lots of worker, adventure and of course soldier class people whos playing style is more dueler like then people who chose dueler class. In fact i cant remember when i was attacked by dueler last time. But people tend to generalize and call - dueler.

DeletedUser

hehe
well if duelers dont get a better bonuses i just hope that developers will give us option to change class :) . i am almost lvl 99 dueler in w2 and i know how much i would be better if i have "extra skills" like soldiers have. imagine 50-60 extra skills....
awesome.

DeletedUser

So what's the deal, why is this taking so long, it's obvious every dueler wants better advantages, so if the devs could please just work it out amongst themselves, taking into consideration the things people definately disagree on, like the dl raising slower, and just take the main ideas into consideration.

such as the 10% bonus to appearance in duels, aim bonus, the extra money increase bonus, and the clothing skill bonus

DeletedUser

the stuff u just said was agreed upon was the contrast. appearance is the worst one..

DeletedUser

you're just scared that now you'll have duel competition since you're a soldier. Get over it, you just want it to be easy to defend yourself, but duelers should have a hard time, it's bullcrap. I just hope the devs do something about it.

DeletedUser

Ur just mad that u chose a crappy class. And no I am not scared of duelers getting better bonuses, but some of the bonuses suggested here would not bring balance.

DeletedUser

i like my character class, it would be even better if they implemented these suggestions, and to you, balance means you have better bonuses. So get over it.

DeletedUser

you're just scared that now you'll have duel competition since you're a soldier. Get over it, you just want it to be easy to defend yourself, but duelers should have a hard time, it's bullcrap. I just hope the devs do something about it.
i like my character class, it would be even better if they implemented these suggestions, and to you, balance means you have better bonuses. So get over it.
Mr Serious hasn't learnt his lesson, has he?
Check this. There goes his point:
but some of the bonuses suggested here would not bring balance.
the stuff u just said was agreed upon was the contrast. appearance is the worst one..
And Mr Serious, please, read the whole thread to see why he said so, before you jump on people's faces. Hope you get well soon! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The thing what is happening is other classes are adopting to duel build up to grow and perceiving the advantages of their classes.The solution to this is the different classes should also have some restrictions, so that they choose what class the want precisely.
ex:those who like to build will become workers and those who want to duel will become duelers.simple!

DeletedUser

To be honest the advantages you get arn't really major factors in duels. It's really where you placed your skills. Sure soldiers get more Hp and 3 lev weapon bonus but if you arn't a dueler and you don't have high Hp you don't really benifit. Yes this idea should come in to help duelers but in the end this is not a [FONT=&quot]necessity[/FONT] in duels. I have seen duelers from all classes and some like workers don't have any benifits. So really some of you 'soldier duelers' really should let this pass through and start to think of it as a new challenge to over-come.

(and if anyones wondering. I am neutral in this soldier Vs Dueler fight that is going on in this forum)

DeletedUser

To be honest the advantages you get arn't really major factors in duels. It's really where you placed your skills. Sure soldiers get more Hp and 3 lev weapon bonus but if you arn't a dueler and you don't have high Hp you don't really benifit.

Wrong. If you pick the soldier class but you're really a worker, you'll advance fast from jobs and then maybe you find some high level weapon in one of you high luck jobs. Using the soldier advantage you can use it and then all the people 20 levels bellow you that keep dueling you will stop.

Same goes with tactics, lets use the working soldier example again. He probably has some equipment that gives a few bonuses to tactics, and because of his advantage he will be able to dodge a few more shots if someone attacks him.

Status
Not open for further replies.