Passed Changes to Dueler Advantages

Would you like to see this idea implemented into the game?

• Yes

Votes: 97 62.2%
  • No

Votes: 59 37.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diggo11

Guys please keep on topic. I do not care who the most famous West bandit was, why or why not I should duel workers and how workers should get better advantages. Take it elsewhere. We have a proposal to change the advantages, and knowing it is entirely up to the developers as to what happens to it, take it or leave it. If this off topic nonsense continues I shall be forced to give infractions.

DeletedUser

If/When this is approved. Roughly how long until the changes are implemented? No rush...just curious.

DeletedUser

i like the idea that duelers need better advantages!
in w11 they are almost extinct! only few duelers used (mostly picked by noobs).
i think that 50% bonus on appearance is good way for them to counter more than superior soldiers.
i am also for renaming that class. duelers are any players that love to duel. i think robbers or outlaws or bandits. something to more accurate describe their violent nature :)

DeletedUser

A dueller is no match for a premium soldier. Im level 87 dueller and im about even with a level 65-70 premium soldier(depends on their set up). Basically they get a lot more skill points than any other class and with those extra skill points they can use them to add to their offence. A premium firearm soldier with their usual duelling gear on has around 100 points in tactics without even putting points there. Thats a lot of points advantage and no match for the other classes. Duellers get faster regen in motivation for duelling and more money but really who cares ?
Our character bonus does nothing to affect the outcome of a duel.
We need a change to make it an even playing field. Sooner the better.
Also just wondering with the poll, how many of the people who voted "No" to the change are soldiers. If i was a soldier i wouldnt want the change either ?

DeletedUser

When I first started playing the West, I immediately chose the Dueller class as i didn't really know the game well and well, I just wanted to be a damn dueller. :)

Now, it annoys me how useless the bonuses are, especially mid to late game when all the builders and adventurers start respeccing their characters for duelling and are basically the exact same as a dueller.

At least the soldier gets a cool defence bonus and the chance to use weapons early, but my level 55 dueller is basically the exact same as a level 55 respecced adventurer ... which JUST ISN'T RIGHT, GODAMNIT!!!! (for emphasis, doncha know)

We are basically the poor relation in this game, and guess what? Every other world I am now on I still want to duel, but always choose the soldier class now. Pfft.

DeletedUser

When I first started playing the West, I immediately chose the Dueller class as i didn't really know the game well and well, I just wanted to be a damn dueller. :)

Now, it annoys me how useless the bonuses are, especially mid to late game when all the builders and adventurers start respeccing their characters for duelling and are basically the exact same as a dueller.

At least the soldier gets a cool defence bonus and the chance to use weapons early, but my level 55 dueller is basically the exact same as a level 55 respecced adventurer ... which JUST ISN'T RIGHT, GODAMNIT!!!! (for emphasis, doncha know)

We are basically the poor relation in this game, and guess what? Every other world I am now on I still want to duel, but always choose the soldier class now. Pfft.

exactly my point! if you want to duel you pick soldier, only newbies pick duelers. just take a look on a top dueling ranking lisk and see ratio soldiers-other classes.

DeletedUser

For reference. In Top 500 of World 11 there are 8 duelers. That's 1.6%. You can see how popular this class is.

DeletedUser

If I am reading this correctly, you are saying duelers should gain even more advantages than they have. Soldiers do not have gear made for offense, they are merely at an advantage (again, how specced) against duelist. Truthfully, the gear that is made for soldiers is weak at best.
By this logic, everyone should run and be a dueler. What advantage is there to being a builder or soldier if people who want to pursue dueling can easily overtake them?
Your suggestion seems entirely one sided as it only has advantages for 1 class.

Seems to me that if you respec (as I have) you can do whatever it is you want to. You have to make a decision on what's more important. If I choose to duel, I respec and tighten up my skills in that direction. I want to quest, then that is what I spec to do.

I think soldiers need better offensive capabilities. Why just defense?

DeletedUser

Soldiers already have great advantages, both defensive and offensive. Tactics are one-sided for defense only, health points are great overall to stay alive and keep fighting, the 3 levels weapon advantage is awesome for offense because you always have the better weapon.

My suggestion is only for one class because this is the most useless class ever. As I pointed in my previous message out of 500 people only 8 are duelers. So it is safe to say there are less than 2% duelers in World 11.

I don't understand people who come in here posting "dulers can b good with no advantgs", "u need skilzzzz" and so on. I am not saying that's you, but you too pointed that one has to spec for dueling to be successful. Well we all agree with that. However, every class has advantages. I can start as a dueler right now and be good at it, but why shouldn't I have the bonuses I am entitled to?

P.S. I am not suggesting more advantages for duelers. I am suggesting NEW advantages.

DeletedUser

If I am reading this correctly, you are saying duelers should gain even more advantages than they have.

You are reading it wrong. All the petty *****ing aside, the proposal is really only trading the 10% speed for a 10% gear bonus to offset the tactical defensive advantage of soldiers. Duelers aren't getting more advantages, just trading a useless one for better balance.

The other 2 perks have no influence on winning a duel, nor do they put any other class at a disadvantage.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

kdfergy, the gear for duelling available in the tailors/gunsmith/general store is availble for all classes so your point is just plain weird.

If you mean the questline gear, even then I would say that not many top duellers I know actually use the gear from quests. The best duelling gear is available in the good tailors and is worn by everybody - ie the Black Hat, the Black Coat, Brown boots, etc etc.

The Dueller class advantages are terrible when looked at as a whole, and I can see no reason why anyone would not want this implemented.

I have 1 dueller, 5 soldiers and a worker and I voted yes to this.

DeletedUser

From what you wrote Kdfergy you are either a low level or dont duel much.
Most people dont use the character gear for duelling. A common shooter setup is, fancy felt hat or black felt hat, black coat, brown boots or black boots and a shawl. Any character class can use them.
In the actual duel where its skill points vs skill points the dueller has no advantage at all.
The premium soldier gets twice the amount of skill points in tactics than any other character during a duel. If i wanted my tactics at 100(minus gear) i would have to allocate 100 skill points to that. A premium soldier only has to allocate 50. So they have a 50 skill point advantage. Its 10 levels worth of points that they get for nothing that they can put on another duelling skill. If i was given 50 skill points for free i would be wrapped.
They also only have to put half the points onto health to have the same health as other classes. Now that frees up more skill points that they can use for duelling.

DeletedUser

Yeah, basically all 3 of the Soldier's advantages are cool in comparison to the Duellers.

Extra HP, use weapons early and 50/100% bonus to Tactics. That's why most soldiers are walking tanks. :)

DeletedUser

no idea why so many people is voting no on this. soldiers are afraid of better competition? well don't be, no one that is playing this game with a dueler before will ever again picked that class! i think problem is why is waited so long to change obvious most useless skill bonuses.

DeletedUser

no idea why so many people is voting no on this. soldiers are afraid of better competition? well don't be, no one that is playing this game with a dueler before will ever again picked that class! i think problem is why is waited so long to change obvious most useless skill bonuses.
Some of them are afraid and some might not like the suggestion are being proposed. ;)

DeletedUser21320

Some of them are afraid and some might not like the suggestion are being proposed. ;)

Why vote yes on something that isn't concrete? This is one of the most active threads, with lots of stuff being tossed about. Who knows what will result?

DeletedUser

No one is saying duelers don't need new advantages, they're just saying these are not they.

DeletedUser

No one is saying duelers don't need new advantages, they're just saying these are not them.

Fixed that typo for you :laugh:

And I just wanted to throw this out there, the thread title is changes to dueler advantages, so aren't we voting for some sort of change to them? I mean I've said this before and I;m going to say it again, I don't care what the changed advantages are, as long as they are somewhat useful this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.