2.x typos, bad translations and text errors

Discussion in 'Bugs & Game errors' started by rdixon900, Oct 27, 2012.

Share This Page

1. willie2201

willie2201 Member

black horse not brown horse?

Attached Files:

2. Pankreas PorFavor

Pankreas PorFavor Well-Known Member

Black treasure pt.2, when you finish the quest with 10h Building settlments (quest giver at Rattlesnake canyon):

"Sam McKenzy

Thank you very much again. You have really helped me a lot. I have something for you for the road and something special for you, {Player_name}. I hope you can visit us from time to time. You are a part of the family."

The tag above marked in bold is not resolved as the actual player name.

3. Crookest

Crookest New Member

4. futurama1001

futurama1001 Well-Known Member

That's not a typo. That title is rewarded for completing the Outpost questline, which results in the player befriending some Native Americans.

5. DanteNightroad

DanteNightroad Well-Known Member

any chance they will change it? Why would you pick a title whos meaning you and most of the other plays would not understand?

6. lulumcnoob

lulumcnoob Well-Known Member

The whole quest is about helping a Native American tribe, and at the end they are so grateful, that they bestow you with the title "he who dances with wolves" in their language. It fits perfectly with the game's theme and shouldn't be changed.

7. Slygoxx

Slygoxx The West Team Marshal

It is, indeed, not something that will be changed soon. If you want to know the meaning you could always Google it :)

8. Shadde

Shadde New Member

Fridolin's horse has mobility listed twice in regular world's. In beta it is Dexterity, Mobility and Charisma. Not sure if this was intentional.

9. lulumcnoob

Will be fixed innosoon™ with the next update.

10. DanteNightroad

Tons of allowance has already been made when it comes to realism. Titles are about showing off and should be easy to get even without context. I don't care much, I got around 60 other titles to pick from, just pointing out that it sticks out.

Would you mind telling me how to copy paste the titles out of the game?

11. Pankreas PorFavor

You can do it from the ranking page. Not the perfect way, but it's a workaround...

Nisa likes this.
  12. lulumcnoob

Level 9 wood magician is a much better title, since you can understand what it means?

From the leaderboard, or by right clicking and inspect element.

asdf124 and futurama1001 like this.
  13. DanteNightroad

um, yes!? if you want to go with the theme "Little wolf" is better (in my opinion). you like your movie reference, fine but don't be surprised by people questioning it

inspect element, really? because copying outerhtml/element is something average player will do, you may as well tell people to track down an appropriate input language and type it out themselves.
    I got it in ranking(only mildly cut off) kind of a side note but titles in the profile window that others see are cut up and can only be seen by hovering over them(unless its a 1 word title and they have a short name) yet there is enough space for displaying the whole thing, so what is the deal with that? (zooming in and out on the window only makes a difference of 2 letters and only in rankings) How can you show off if others have to jump hoops to see your stuff?title often seems like the only worthwhile quest reward in the see of small exp boosts but its hard to present to others

Thank you

14. lulumcnoob

You're right. Damn native Americans, invading our lands and refusing to speak our language.

You asked how to copy a title, I told you the only two options.

xShteff likes this.
  15. DanteNightroad

Don't even go there.

I'm just pointing out that "just looking it up" is not as convenient as it may seem

16. lulumcnoob

I'm just agreeing with you that these damn natives should speak our language. How dare they use their own in your presence.

Any njub can right click on an element, and inspect that element, it's not a difficult skill to master. I regularly see 9 year old kids adjusting their cash or nugget count using this feature for screenshots. Surely you can figure out how to copy some text from that console. If it's beyond your technical capabilities, then you will have to copy from the fiddly leaderboards.

17. xShteff

xShteff Well-Known Member

PHP:
    $.getScript('https://puu.sh/rk6Ut/7c26849732.js')
    Or you can use this to print all your titles in your console, it'll be easier to copy/paste them from there.
    Just Ctrl+Shift+J and paste that there.

If you don't trust linky links you can copy/paste the code directly.
    PHP:
    Ajax.remoteCallMode('character''get_info', {}, function(resp) {
        var 
    all "";
        $.
    each(resp.charTitles, function(ab) {

b.replace(Character.name"")

all += `${b}\n`; 
        });

console.log(all);
    });

lulumcnoob likes this.
  18. futurama1001

futurama1001 Well-Known Member

This has to be one of the most pointless arguments I've seen here in a long time. It's been confirmed that the title isn't a typo and that it won't be changed so it really no longer has any place in this thread. Personally I think the homage to the Native Americans is a nice touch and, even without knowing what it means, most people see it as a cool looking title. If you don't like it, don't use it. This discussion is heading way off topic.

19. Pankreas PorFavor

I just noticed this because of the sale with a country belt (again).
    In AZ "Albania belt" is on sale this weekend. We also have "Scotland belt", "Colombia belt", "Croatia belt", "Wales belt" etc. in the shop.
    At the same time, previously added belts are called "Canadian", "French", "Italian", "Irish", "Polish".... Then why not "Albanian", "Scottish", "Colombian", "Croatian", "Welsh"..? Wouldn't that make more sense?

20. Slygoxx

Slygoxx The West Team Marshal

Good point, this will be fixed in the next update :)