2.x typos, bad translations and text errors

Deleted User - 1278415

Of all the words spelt using British English spelling in this game I'm not sure why you chose that one. Everything that's been added to the game since we last had an American doing translations has used British English, and most things that previously used American English have even been changed (eg. dueller class). The one thing that always annoyed me though was that labor points was never changed to British English.

I keep forgetting that this European game chooses to the use a spelling of words that the US American system does not typically use, especially when it comes to these Merrian-Webster approved dual spelled words.

I was only going to comment on the use of "I" in the quest text, but Google chrome spelling noted apologise as a misspelled word when I pasted in the text. Honestly this is the only place I ever see the British spellings of words.

Next you will be telling me that color of my laundry basket is not the right colour either. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

There's an incorrect translation in the red-spot pop-up tile that indicates that there are players at that location. It says "Here are X players", it should be "There are X players here".

Edit: Also noticed this when I opened the chat, don't know if it's posted already. It said "Letzte Nachricht war um 15:34". According to Google, it means "Last message posted at 15:34" or something like that.

DeletedUser34767

Abenteurer - Bonus

Abenteurer Bonus ----- should be ----- Adventurer Bonus
Soldaten Bonus ----- should be ----- Soldier Bonus

It is showing up to the left of the map with the icon of the adventurer class. Not sure why this just started showing up, but would rather it did not show up at all. But in any case, it is in German. Same issue for soldier class.

Deleted User - 1278415

On The Charlie quest

It reads:

Jacksonville
male-char|Mayor: Good Feather, you may just be the person to help our beautiful town during these hard times. I am pleased to offer you the position of town sheriff, with all the duties and privileges this job brings.

DeletedUser

Letzte Nachricht war um

Letzte Nachricht war um ... should be (deleted?) Last message was at, but it really should be deleted. It's easy to see when the last message was.

Girlie

Letzte Nachricht war um ... should be (deleted?) Last message was at, but it really should be deleted. It's easy to see when the last message was.

Yes it is very annoying, and in a colour, that screams in the eyes - please remove that again.

Also, please remove the character bonus sign at the top right side. People whith an I-pad, tablet or 14" pc, dont have room for that at their screen.

DeletedUser618

Hint: Something is wrong here. Kiki is acting weirdly.

Kiki is acting weird.
Weirdly is probably acceptable but just sound off.

DeletedUser

Hint: Something is wrong here. Kiki is acting weirdly.

Kiki is acting weird.
Weirdly is probably acceptable but just sound off.

Weird is actually grammatically correct, not weirdly. It should be the adjective form. Acting is a linking verb in this case and the adjective weird should be used to describe Kiki instead of the adverb weirdly to describe her acting.

DeletedUser618

Mimi
According to the newspaper report, the bank's vault was accessed via a direct tunnel that was dug from a well. Maybe you can find a clue that will relieve me. This is my last chance!

clear me

The bandit camp is in the northwest of the map, at the fireplace. Be there between 8 and 12.

fire pit

Sheriff John Fitzburn
One of the bandits looked exactly like Mimi? Don't try fool me. Let me get Mimi from her cell for another interview.

Don't try to fool me. While interview is acceptable, I just think it is odd. It seems too passive. Question the suspect, grill the suspect?

DeletedUser34767

A friend, a good friend achievement under the Events option. All the text other than the title is in German.

Schlisse die Questreihe......

Innogames refuses to let me get above 50% of the achievements complete. Every time I just about get there they add another achievement and I'm kicked back below 50%. :p

DeletedUser8627

Thank you for reporting the text errors, I've corrected them. They will reflect in the next update.

Just to mention, if something is displayed in German, you do no need to report it. This sometimes happens with updates and is taken care of without us admins having to do anything.

Apelatia

The Help for Father Brown questline contains two instances of typos and bad grammar. I'll post some screenshots here and point out the errors for you.

http://prntscr.com/1gpqdy - The quest 'Glad Tidings.' The word 'start' should be changed to 'starts.'

http://prntscr.com/1gpqr2 - The quest 'Scrap Metal Hunt.' The text says: 'While you turning the whole vicarage upside down looking for metal items...' It needs an 'are' in there before the word 'turning.'

I hope this helps, and that those mistakes weren't intentional. Then I wasted my time for nothing haha...

DeletedUser

http://prntscr.com/1gpqr2 - The quest 'Scrap Metal Hunt.' The text says: 'While you turning the whole vicarage upside down looking for metal items...' It needs an 'are' in there before the word 'turning.'

The whole vicarage is, not are. The correct verb is singular for one group, not plural for all of the members of the group.

DeletedUser22685

The whole vicarage is, not are. The correct verb is singular for one group, not plural for all of the members of the group.

I don't think that's what he was reporting, he's saying it should say "While you are turning...".

DeletedUser

The Waupee Grandfather quest, where everyone gets confused Headband vs Bandana... Maya Roalstad offers this hint: "If you haven't found the blue bandana yet, have a look at the tailor's in the towns. They are selling bandanas."

As a matter of fact, they aren't, they are selling Headbands. Bandanas, such as the blue one needed for the quest, are found in the General Stores.

DeletedUser22685

Strange that this hasn't been picked up on before now, as that quest description hasn't changed since it was implemented.