1938: A Very British Civil War

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

(OOC: Momo i shouldn't have to point this out but it is a VILLAGE. not a Town, and most definitely not a City! there is considarable difference! pay attention!)

Richard watched the cavalry officer ride off down the lane and shook his head. "Bloody nutter." he furrowed his brow, "wait a minute, what the bloody hell does he mean by 'city'? is he going down to London?"
Richard shook his head again.
"What do we do now sir? asked Simon.
"let's try and move down to the railway tracks, then we'll move along them until we reach the station." Richard ordered.
the five men moved down the lane, heading south towards the railway.

DeletedUser28032

(OOC: Slight problem here folks IF YOU READ THE EARLIER POSTS BY ME YOU WOULD REALISE THAT BY NOW THE TOWN HAS BEEN OVERRUN BY WELSH FREEDOM FIGHTERS SO I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU LOT ARE STILL RUNNING ROUND FREELY! Care to solve this problem?)

(OOC: Yes quite easily, because as Tiger said at the beginning of the thread this is a skirmish involving ten man squads.
@ Johann - Could you use a darker green please I am struggling to read your posts)

Bill nodded in gratitude at the Irishman's praise, two men lay dead by the gun the others having fled the pools of burning liquid that now surrounded the small artillery piece "We've had alot of practise, most of us were in Spain fighting the Fascists although i never dreamed i'd have to fight them back home" Bill spoke as he reloaded his rifle.
A few sharp bangs issued from around the burning gun as the enemies rifle rounds began to cook off from the heat, causing both Bill and Jack to eye the larger crates warily "May I suggest we get back to the station brother before all those shells go up?" Jack asked in his thick scouse accent, Bill nodded in agreement before leading his small group back down the alley way from which they had come.

(Meanwhile)
Tanya gave a short shriek of shock as one of the cache's of fire bombs exploded catching poor Martin in the blast throwing him onto the rails behind leaving him to lie motionless as he slowly burnt.
A voice shouted from a nearby window, announcing themselves as the Anglican league, Tanya wrinkled her face with disgust.
The others had taken shelter inside the station, their weapons trained on the windows only she and the Irishman remained on the platform their hands thrsut deep into teh blood of their patient. "Religion is the opiate of the masses! A tool of the Fascist oppressors!" Tanya shouted hoping that Bill and the others would come back soon or that the Irish would decide to honour the alliance but untill then she was stuck in the open with a wounded man and a group soldiers led by a priest watching her.

Red Field Army (All assumed to have Molotov's)
PC) William Gerrard (Lee Enfield, Webley Revolver)
1) Jack Gerrard (Lee Enfield)
2) Barry Gates (Lee Enfield)
3) Tanya Armstrong (Shotgun, Webley Revolver)
4) Garry Armstrong (Shotgun)
5) Neil Cooper (Moisin Nagant Rifle)
6) Lee Taylor KIA
7) Sarah Wright (Webley Revolver)
8) John Harris Wounded
9) Martin Chambers KIA (Webley Revolver)

DeletedUser

Richard and his men dashed across a small patch of open ground and took up position in a ditch next to the railway line.
Richard could see the station, it must be about 500 yards away. he turned to his men.
"Come on! we need to keep moving, run alongside the tracks! MOVE!" he ordered.
the men were exhausted, but they, like Richard, were believers in Oswald Mosely. and they would fight tooth and nail for his cause.
together the five men launched into a crouching run alongside the tracks, moving closer towards the station.
after a minute or so it was only about 250-300 yards away.
Richard couldn't see any movement but there was a high possibility that it was occupied.
"Move to that trainshed!" he ordered, pointing to a large crimson trainshed.
after another minute or so the five reached the shed and took up position behind it, taking a moment to gather their breath. if there had been anyone in the staion then they would have seen Richard and his men for sure.
but if there was someone in there... why hadn't they fired? it was all somewhat unnatural.
"Ready your weapons." he said breathlessly.
John took out a petrol bomb and held a match, ready to light it, Michael loaded his shotgun, Simon, Herbert and Richard drew the bolts on their rifles, ready for the worst.
and sure enough, the worst was probably going to be what was waiting for them.

DeletedUser

Major Fulton's booming voice rang out again, "Come now, we have two of you in our sights. Simply surrender and you'll live. We are not a tool of the fascist, just allies of the true king. Come now lass, for I recognize your voice as that of a female. Surrender your men and you will be sent on your merry way once we have the station." He preapared to signal Brody to fire his first burst, this would be the enemy's final chance to survive.

Phillip watched carefully through his scope, was there movement by that train shed? He could have sworn...

DeletedUser31931

(OOC: Yes quite easily, because as Tiger said at the beginning of the thread this is a skirmish involving ten man squads.

(OOC: This is no longer a skirmish though. It started off as a ten man skirmish but reinforcements have arrived. This is my last post so if Johann doesn't mind would he do my posts for me. I am currently hunting down the BUF and the Anglicans and have just seen sight of the Anglicans by the railway. I will leave you with this.)

Ben watched The Anglican man make his speech and then signalled his men. They loaded and signalled back they were ready. Ben held his hand and they took aim. One gun for each man. Ben dropped his hand and they fired. Two men fell dead. "ATTACK!" Ben shouted he reloaded and fired again. This time a third man fell. They pulled behind cover leaving the Anglicans scattered. A sniper was dead as were two other men. Ben motioned with his hand and they ran across around the track, Ben saw the train house which the sniper had been poised on. It was made of wood. One shot would go through it. They levelled their guns and fired. The shots ran out and the bullets flew into the shed. Ben heard someone scream and they ran as they reloaded. They kept their guns trained on the shed as they ran and Max and George loosed off about two more shots into the shed reloading each time. They ran back towards the town and hid in the ruin of a building with guns trained on all possible entrances. "Thank God that's over. I was peeing myself back there!" he said and everyone laughed. It was good to make a joke about someone every once in a while even if it was yourself. It helped keep the morale up.

DeletedUser

(OOC: You came out of nowhere Zemelci and massacred my men, what did you do attack our rear with ninjas? At least give a preamble to how you approached when every approach is watched by a faction that would either shoot you or communicate. And if you have an army. Well get ready because the Georgians might come in to crash the party if that's the case.)

DeletedUser24989

( occ: tiger, after reading the whole thing I got it, its a village..and Now I got lost on #82

DeletedUser13682

(OCC: I'm having keyboard trouble so I can't post very often, and there probably won't be a lot of fluff.)

Shamus nodded in agreement with Bill's statement. "Agreed. And while we're at it, better pick up the boys from the pub. I'll meet you at the train station." Shamus ran back to the pub, where the remaining Irishmen were waiting for something to do. "Aight men," Shamus announced. "Grab everything. We're going to the train station." Shamus and the men quickly grabbed their gear and headed for the train station.

"Great. Just bleeding great," Connor said. He was covered in blood, there wasn't much he could do for the patient, and they were surrounded by bleeding Anglicans. Connor thought for a mite. "I'm gonna hate this but stay here," he whispered to Tanya. "I'll get us out of this. But be ready to ambush them." Connor got up, grabbed his machine pistol off the ground. With it over his head, he walked toward the Anglicans. "Don't fire! We're Welsh fighters. Our commander sent us here to help the Georgians. We're on the same side, but I have two prisoners, both communist, one extremely injured. He won't make it without help and he has some good intel. Since you killed my partner, you owe us. Come on." Connor motioned with his head for the Anglicans to follow him. He arrived back at Tanya's position. "Be ready," he whispered. "They're coming."

Meanwhile, Shamus and the others were nearing the station. James stopped them. "More people there. Connor's talking to them." Shamus pondered for a minute. "Quietly surround them. Stay hidden. If you hear or see the newcomers attack, kill them. Otherwise leave them be and come out only after they leave. Go." The Irismen got to positions best suited to them, waiting for the right time to act.

DeletedUser28032

(OOC: @ Momo - We flanked your artillery piece a couple of posts ago and threw fire bombs at it killing two and causing the rest to flee, I hope that clears things up)

Bill followed Shamus down the alleys back towards the train station, collecting his men on the way. However upon approaching the railway it appeared that a group of Anglicans had already attacked casuing Bill to swear at the sight of the burning cache of weapons. he watched as Shamus positioned his men as a shouted conversation between Connor and the Anglians took place.
Moving quietly up beside Shamus, Bill spoke quietly so as not to alert the waiting enemy "I'll take my men around the back of the station via the tracks, give us three minutes to get into position then make your move" with a quick hand gesture Bill began to lead his people around the building and onto the tracks, his work boots crunching loudly on the gravel ballast surrounding the old railway sheds.
It was as he was moving that he spotted the Fascists in their black uniforms, Jack raised his rifle to open fire only to have it swatted down by his brother "Don't be a fool they'd kill us all before we had chance to retaliate...Now lets get to the platform" Jack wasn't happy but he obeyed following Bills much slower pace to the platform hopefully they wouldn't be too late to save their comrades
(Meanwhile)
Tanya watched as the Irishman shouted up at the Anglicans in a passable Welsh accent although for the life of her she couldn't remember whether the Welsh were for or against the Anglicans all she cared at the moment was trying to save John's life, although that seemed to be a lost cause as the pool of blood spread "We have a wounded man! what sort of christian leaves a man to die" she shouted as she thumbed back the hammer of her revolver, behind her the others propped their weapons on the window sill of the ticket office things were going to kick off.

DeletedUser

"So, it appears that some of you have good sense." As Fulton yelled at the Welshmen and the Communists. He indicated his men to conceal themselves before revealing himself to the possible friends or foes. "My name is Dennis Fulton, a major in the military of the Anglican league. It is interesting (he addressed the Welsh) that you should declare yourselves allies but we welcome your contribution. As for you (turning to the Communist). We simply request that you give up your position unto us so that we may be at liberty to use your phone. After which we will abandon that defensive nightmare. Now what do you have to say brothers and sister?"

DeletedUser24989

When Jack, Thomas, and Joseph got to where the artillery was, they were shocked in fear. " Bloody hell! They destroyed our artillery!" Thomas yelled. they started advancing to the artillery and when they did, Joseph found Callum on the ground," Jack come ova here! I found Callum!". Jack turned from looking around the place then at callum, studied his horribly wounded body and said," Men, Get Callum and the dead man over there on your horses. Let us move back to base". " I wonder what happened to the other soldiers" Joseph wondered. " They either got captured, or they fled. let's hope they fled. Now let's move out before we end up like them" then they headed for the base.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Richard peered around the side of the shed. he was sure he'd seen movement. never mind, he should prombably start moving.
"Michael, Herbert, come with me. Simon, John, stay here and cover us, follow my lead!" he ordered.
Richard launched into a crouching run and ran over to a pile of coal, he crouched down behind it, scanning the area for movement, Michael and Herbert joined him.
Herbert dropped down into the prone position.
Richard turned back to look at John and Simon, who were still on the corner of the trainshed.
he raised his arma and quicky moved it forward towards himself, gesturing for them to join him.
the dashed across the 20 or so yards inbetween the trainshed and the coal heap and stopped just as they reached him.
"what now?" asked John.
"we've got to try and get into the station, from there we should be able to phone the rest of the company and tell them the situation, hopefully they should send reinforcements." Richard said.
"but those commie in the village green were coming from the direction of the station, if they got here first, they might have had time to cut the lines!" interjected Simon.
"No. they won't have cut the lines. they may be commies, but they're not entirely fools. they should know that those lines are the only efficient method of communication. if they cut them then they've effectively cut themselves off from the rest of their unit." Richard replied sternly.

DeletedUser28032

The window squeaked loudly as Bill pushed it open from the outside, the bolt of a rifle clacked ominously "Its me comrade now help me through this damn window" a apair of hands quickly hauled him into the ticket office along with the rest of his team.
"Why didn't you just use the door?"
"Because the Anglians can see the front door and the Fascist can see the back, this was the only way in, without being shot at" Bill explained peering out teh window through which he'd just climbed searching for any sign of Fascists he'd seen earlier.
"Fascists! bloody hell we're trapped here" a man swore loudly "True but the way i see it is that the Anglians hate th fascists more than they hate us...let them kill each other" Bill said making himself comfortable against the desk upon which teh phone sat, the cuase of all their current trouble, part of Bill wanted to hurl the damn thing and be done with it.
"What about Tanya and John they're both still out there?"
"Tanya's a smart girl she'll think of a way out of this in the mean time sit tight and watch those damn windows"

"We have a wounded man...he needs a doctor" Tanya called up to the priest "If we surrender do you promise to help him?" in truth John was far from help his dead body already beginning to cool although she felt it would be unwise to share this information with the enemy.
from the corner of her eyes she caught a glimpse of a black shirt run from behind one of the engine sheds oh brilliant now thats all i need

DeletedUser13682

"Look, this man is very hurt, and we need all the help we can get," Connor said to the Anglican, keeping his 'Welsh' accent on. "Please, if you would come down here, so you may knoww the wounds better, and hopefully be able to treat them better." As the Anglican was getting ready to kneel to inspect the body, poor soul that he was, and Connor was about to give the signal to start the ambush, a blackshirt caught his eye, running behind one of the sheds. A look at Tanya indicated that she had seen it as well. A better plan came into Connor's head.

"Uh sir," Connor spoke to the Anglican, his insides all knotting up and about ready to take over his brain for calling an Anglican sir. "I think I just saw a Fascist run behind the shed over there." Connor pointed to the shed where the Fascist ran behind. "There might be more of them. I would go after him myself, but I have a prisoner and a dying man to take care of, and I am only one person. I think your men would be better suited in numbers and equipment to take him out." Let the Fascist(s) and Anglicans take each other out, then we'll take out the weary survivors, Connor thought. He knew Tanya would get the new plan, he just hoped the other commies in the area got the picture.

DeletedUser

"Well then. I should check this man first should I not?" Said Major Fulton, "If there are fascists," he forgot the ceasefire order, unless the Fascists came directly into his men they would not fire," I see if all your people would evacuate the building we will eradicate your Fascists. Deal?" Fulton knew that no matter what they did he was going to have to withdraw soon and make sure his men would fire on the Fascists.

Phillip noticed another movement, he caught the rushing form of a Fascist black shirt. The major had not mentioned them being in the area, he carefully watched through his scope for more of the scum to expose themselves.

DeletedUser

Richard peered round the side of the coal heap. were those... Anglicans? there were others... were those the Welsh or the Irish? and some Commies?
whatever they were, they didn't matter, they could be dealt with later.
right now, the priority was getting to the phone inside the station and contacting his commander.
"Come on, the station platform is over there, we dash to the side, climb up onto it and move into the station. Clear?" Richard said.
the men nodded.
"We all move together, if anyone sees enemies, then you know the drill. now MOVE!" he ordered.
together the five men launched into a crouching run and dashed towards the side of the platform, as they moved over the tracks Richard heard gunfire.
he looked around, none of his men were injured, and he didn't know where the shot had come from.
the men reached the side of the platform and crouched down, if anybody was in the station, then they wouldn't be able to see Richard and his men.
"did anybody see where those shots came from?" Richard whispered.
silence followed. no-one had seen where the fire came from.

DeletedUser28032

Bill watched as the Fascist ran across the open ground towards the platform, his finger tightening on the trigger of his gun "Wait for it boys...let them get a little closer" they only had a few rounds of ammuntion between them and they still had the Anglicans to deal with although he hoped that the sudden burst of gunfire would be signal enough for the IRA to attack.
The fascist's were now only a few feet away from where he stood squeezing the trigger on his rifle he fired siganlling the rest of his beleagured group to do so.
Caught in the open the Fascist's threw themselves to the ground in search of cover although Bill was certain that at least one of them had been hit.
Outside on the platform Tanya ran for the station doors hoping that the Anglicans watching her would be distracted enough by the sudden burst of fire that they wouldn't notice her leaving.
"Run you fool we're sitting ducks out here!" she shouted at the Irishman Connor, the Anglicans wouldn't hold their fire for long.

1) Jack Gerrard (Lee Enfield)
2) Barry Gates (Lee Enfield)
4) Garry Armstrong (Shotgun)
5) Neil Cooper (Moisin Nagant Rifle)
6) Lee Taylor KIA
7) Sarah Wright (Webley Revolver)
8) John Harris KIA
9) Martin Chambers KIA (Webley Revolver)

DeletedUser

More gunfire erupted and Richard heard a cry of pain, he turned around and saw John clutching his shoulder. "i've been hit!' John shouted over the gunfire.
"Do you think you'll still be able to throw a firebomb/" Richard yelled back.
"I think so!" replied John.
"Herbert, John, stay here and provide covering fire! Michael, Simon, with me! now MOVE! MOVE! MOVE! GET TO THE STATION!" Richard ordered.
Herbert stood up and started firing, John stood up, lit a match and threw a firebomb at the station, it exploded, sending flames inside.
meanwhile Richard, Simon and Michael clambered up onto the platform and ran across it, as they reached the wall of the building, Michael dashed to one of the broken windows and fired his shotgun.
Richard heard a scream come from inside the building, presumably one of the commies had been hit by the pellets.
"KEEP MOVING! DON'T LET UP THE ASSAULT!" He screamed.
Michael reloaded and fired his shotgun again before running over to the door, Simon joined him, and Richard followed.
Herbert and John climbed up onto the platform and joined Richard.
John lit another match and got ready a firebomb.
Simon kicked in the door and John threw in the firebomb. it exploded with ferocity. Richard could feel the heat coming through the walls.

CASUALTY REPORT:
Tom (Lee-Enfield)- MIA
Stuart (Lee-Enfield) - KIA
Oscar (Lewis Gun) - MIA
Howard (Lee-Enfield) - KIA
John (3x Firebombs, Webley Revolver) - HIT IN SHOULDER
Alan (Lee-Enfield) - KIA
Michael (Shotgun)
Simon (Lee-Enfield)
Herbert (Lee-Enfield)

DeletedUser

The opposite side of the station audibly exploded in gunfire. Seeing his chance to make a break Fulton dashed towards the alley the distraction of the gunfire allowed him to race to the alley. He yelled as he dashed into the alley, "Alistair go and get the tripod, Dennis! Start firing we'll make a stand in this corner.

The first suppressive and inaccurate hip fired shots of the gun bounced about the station.

Phillip saw the Fascists emerge from their cover, as their fire bomb flew into the station and created a pall of smoke he started firing. He spotted a Fascist crumple to the ground as he shifted his scope to another target.

Hotmayer searched for a Communist, he spotted a barrel and a face peering out of the station, he fired and the face disappeared.

DeletedUser28032

Bill fired blindly over the window ledge, a hailstorm of fire came from all directions as teh Anglicans poured their fire into teh station house just as a pair of fire bombs thrown by the fascist's hit setting the curtains and other soft furnishings ablaze filling the small building with smoke. "This is suicide we can't stay here!" Jack screamed over the crackle of small arms fire, many of his people were down, but those still capable of fighting did so...Bill was proud of them... hero's of the Liverpool Soviet all of them.
A shrill ringing erupted from the phone miraculousy untouched by fire or bullets and teh source of all their problems. Retrieving the phone and then carrying it beneath the desk Bill attempted to answer it, his brother shooting him a look of equal parts dismay and amusement "Hello?....No we're fine comrade, How soon?....Excellent! but don't come to the station its been over run, repeat the station is over run...Good luck comrades!" wrapping a length of telephone line around his fist Bill ripped the phone out of the wall before tossing it into the corner "Right lets get out of here...Jack and I will cover the retreat"
Working the bolt of his weapon as quickly as it would fire Bill and Jack laid down covering fire as the rest of his team escaped out into the streets behind them, retrieving weapons and helping the wounded as they went.
Slowly backing away from the windows the two brothers then pulled out themselves, casting a quick glance at those who had fallen in the fight for the station, promising them retribution for their deaths before retreating themselves.
They ran down the streets and alleyways the sound of gunfire still echoing behind them "Where are we going?" Tanya asked her wounded brother clinging to her for support "Theres a farm house about three miles out of town we'll hold up there and await the others" Tanya turned to look at Bill a look of hope on her bloodstained face "you mean..."
"Yes the train from Liverpool has finally arrived" once they met up with their comrades they would return and finish what they started, but until then it would be best if they left the village and fast.

1) Jack Gerrard (Lee Enfield, Webley Revolver)
2) Barry Gates KIA
4) Garry Armstrong Wounded (Shotgun, Lee Enfield)
5) Neil Cooper KIA
6) Lee Taylor KIA
7) Sarah Wright KIA
8) John Harris KIA
9) Martin Chambers KIA

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.