1938: A Very British Civil War

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser28032

(OOC: ok I am confused whats going on? the Irish are all in the pub and the Commies are at the train station with one irishman, so who is everyone shooting?)

DeletedUser13682

(OCC: Well, I sent the rest of the Irish, except Shamus, who is with the commies at the train station, and Sinead, who was killed in the attack by one of Tiger's men I think. After that, I tried to catch up, so I got the men back to the pub, reorganized, and sent them to storm the church, where the main attack was coming from. Shamus headed to reunite with the communists, to try and get help assaulting the church. After that, Mo sent in some artillery rounds on the church, then Zemmy thinks the commies are killing his men, then Mo sends in saber wielding calvarymen, and pretends to utterly devastate my men. I got lost around post number 60. I think we ought to get Regal into this, to solve the problems.)

DeletedUser28032

(OOC: Right I've reread from around post 60, it looks like Zem has confused Mo's BUF's with the Commies who in turn may have confused Lafittes Anglicans with the Irish and Commies...Maybe we need a colour code or something?)

DeletedUser28032

(OOC: Ok I am going to continue this from before it got confusing; Shamus is outside the train station with the commies, the anglicans have just moved into the main part of the church with Mo bombarding them, and Zem has just turned up with his squad of Welsh and I think Tiger is currently outside of a pub shooting at the Irish)

"I've sent most of my men on errands but i can spare a few lads to help you" Bill replied to Shamus stuffing a pair of fire bombs into his trenchcoats pockets.
Suddenly the air was split by the thunderous blast of artillery being fired "Where the hell did that come from and on whose side?" Jack cried out instinctively ducking "Well it ain't ours and I didn't see our new friends here with one...Shamus start moving your men out my boys are going to deal with that gun" Bill waited for Shamus to reply before running off with his rifle in hand closely followed by Sarah, Jack and Barry leaving Tanya to care for John by herself until the others returned
Behind him he could hear the tramping of boots and the sound of shouting in strongly accented Welsh, it appeared yet another faction had arrived at the normally sleepy village of Morfield.

Moving quielty down the narrow streets and alleys Bill led his men to the rear of the gun its crew eagerly reloading if not skillfully. Lighting the rag Bill hurled the firebomb to where it promptly exploded just behind the weapon, two more sailed through the air to land in around the weapon, Bill smiled in satisfaction at the sight as the crew frantically tried to put out the flames that had caught hold of one mans uniform.
"For the revolution!" Jack screamed firing his rifle at the panicked men closely followed by Bill and Barry's weapons, they would teach the fascists the error of their oppressive regime.

Red Field Army (All assumed to have Molotov's)
PC) William Gerrard (Lee Enfield, Webley Revolver)
1) Jack Gerrard (Lee Enfield)
2) Barry Gates (Lee Enfield)
3) Tanya Armstrong (Shotgun, Webley Revolver)
4) Garry Armstrong (Shotgun)
5) Neil Cooper (Moisin Nagant Rifle)
6) Lee Taylor KIA
7) Sarah Wright (Webley Revolver)
8) John Harris Wounded
9) Martin Chambers (Webley Revolver)

DeletedUser13682

(OCC: Well already then! Hey ho! Let's go!)

"Well alright, I don't want me men to go up in flames because some louse with an artyrection has to fire upon our church." Shamus ran back to his men, dodging fire and firebombs. When he arrived, William was about ready to lob a stick of dynamite at the wall. "We're cancelling the attack," Shamus said to his brother. "But why now? We're about ready," replied Andrew. Shamus was about to answer, but an arillery shell interrupted him, smashing into the church steeple. "That's why, now get to the pub, except you, Connor. Come with me."

Connor and Shamus returned to the spot where they left the communists. Most of them had left the area, but two remained, a woman and the man she was treating. "'Scuse me, ma'am, do you need some help there?" Shamus offered. "Connor is the closest thing we have to a medic, had a few months in medical school before he joined up. I'll leave him here with you if you want, just tell me where your comrades went."

DeletedUser

(OOC: Well in light of current events my post previously was still applicable. If you want to know where my men are in short we're across the street from the Church.)

The men gasped as they watched their previous refuge engulfed by artillery fire. Fulton directed the men to search for movement in the smoke that was choking the area.

DeletedUser28032

Tanya looked up from her grim task of patching up the dying man to smile weakly at the Irishman in appreciation "Yes your help would be much appreciated comrade, I've only managed to slow the bleeding down a little" the man on the ground was looking deathly pale, drifting in an out of conciousness as they spoke "As for the others, Bill and Jack took a couple of people down that street" she said pointing with a blood stained hand "Mentioned something about a gun?".
It was around this time that Martin returned from his errand, a pair of bolt cutters resting on his shoulders "forget about the phones comrade we now control the only working line" he said with a smile, meanwhile yet another plume of smoke was beginning to rise this one coming from the railway sheds although it would take some time before the fire was fierce enough to bring the buildings down onto the tracks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Dennis and Alistair were expressing concerns about the situation. It was clear the building they had taken refuge in was a rickety building and only three stories in height. They would need an outside contact to get a Georgian plane to dispose of the artillery or find a different form of communication. Phillip who had now been bandaged and the other snipers were looking for communications equipment throughout the city. Major Fulton hoped they would find a line. Phillip supported by Jim came down the stairs. "Father, I've spotted a communications position." "What type of setup do you think it is?" "It is possibly a phone line or a telegraph line, either way we should be able to contact the Georgians." "Any enemy troops occupying it?" "Unfortunately I believe a Communist rabble is based in it." "Is there a way to sneak up on it? Then we will strike and seize the station in a surprise assault." "There is a series of back alleys behing here that we could travel through." "Can you draw a map?" "Already done," Phillip handed Fulton a simple map with lines showing the path to the station. "We shall move start moving now then..."

Casualty Report
Major Dennis Fulton
Dennis Beetmaur
Alistair Kingston
Brody Miller
John Haley
Robert Hoten
Phillip Doley (Badly Bleeding Leg Wound [Bandaged])
Douglas Hotmayer
Mel Davis
Jim Relis
Ron Davis

DeletedUser31931

(OOC: I'm now using Purple for my posts.)
Ben spotted some men running out of the Church. Abandoning his current position he pulled out his rifle and took aim. He shot one and the man dropped. He reloaded, aimed at another's head and fired killing him. He then ordered his men to advance upon the enemy with their weapons ready.

DeletedUser

(OOC:I'm not sure who's in the Church Zemelci, it isn't my men.)

Major Fulton led his men quietly through the backdoor of the apartment. He signaled Brody to scout ahead. Dennis meanwhile was ready to hip fire the Maxim gun if anybody should approach the front of the column. He was backed up by Alistair who had been given a Webley revolver and the pair of Haley and Hoten. Fulton sat in the middle of the carefully advancing group along with the three marksmen. Bringing up the rear were Jim and Ron. They advanced carefully down the alleyways carefully following Phillips map. If he was right they'd be right across the street from the station.

After about ten minutes of stealthy movement Brody came back and indicated that the station was around the next alleyway. He noted there were several guards and that the enemy seemed to have made numerous improvised petrol bombs. The bombs made their position harder as Fulton had seen the weapon deployed before he realized that strafing the street with the Maxim gun without having the gun hit by a bomb would be impossible. He indicated the three marksmen with Jim assisting Phillip to station themselves in a house overlooking the station. Upon the signaling automatic burst they would start to eliminate enemy soldiers. Haley and Hoten would approach the enemy position after the initial bursts down the approaching street hopefully flanking a distracted foe. Brody, Alistair, Dennis, and Major Fulton himself would assault the enemy position directly.

Then a bright idea struck Brody, perhaps they would not have to kill all their enemies if they could get them to surrender. Well that'd work too, he told Father Fulton his plan...

DeletedUser13682

"Of course, ma'am. I would be honored to help," Connor said, setting his machine pistol down, and helping Tanya with the casualty. Shamus started heading in the direction the woman pointed toward. A gun, well, that probably meant arillery, meaning that the cause of the church destruction was, unfortunately, not on the good side. Though, it did do its job of clearing out the building, there was no more fighting around it, though he could see a group advancing on the building. Better leave them alone.

Shamus successfully snuck the rest of the way to the location, it was easy to find, he saw whooping communists firing at a small arillery piece, maybe a Vickers BL 8 incher. They were nearly obsolete, so it would make sense for an old piece to be stationed in a sleepy village. It was quite possibly the Georgians, just as bad as the Edwardians. He ran up to whom he recognized as Bill. "Bill, it's me, Shamus," he said. "Tell me what we're up against. I've got my men in reserve, if needed." He noticed one of the artillery men was on fire. "That from your firebomb? You guys aren't a bad shot with those."

DeletedUser31931

(OOC: Me neither to be honest but someone is according to earlier posts I think. It's all to bloody confusing! Also I would like to see how this is going to play out. By the way the commies are now going to die unless the retreat. Also your make us surrender plan is great now is it?)

Suddenly out of nowhere streamed hundreds of men. The main army contingent had arrived! They ran in and asked him "List now!" to which he replied "Only Irish sir!" and he blew his whistle and shouted "Pre-discussed allies only. Kill all others on sight! CHARGE!" and thousands of men ran in. No-one could stop them. They flooded through. Ben ran to the Irish commander and said "Listen to me! These men are no to be attacked! We are the main contingent of the Welsh Freedom army and we have an alliance with you! This may be our only chance to actually defeat the rest of them! Order your men not to attack us!" He then turned pulled out his rifle and shot whilst waiting for an answer.

DeletedUser

Haley lined up his targets in his sights. There were two exposed caches of petrol bombs exposed and being lazily laid against by some guards. Hoten meanwhile sighted in on what appeared to be an officer. He had a uniform of less shoddy construction that the others.

Major Fulton whistled, that was the signal. Haley quickly detonated the two caches with tracer rounds, which unfortunately revealed his position which he quickly vacated. The two caches engulfed a couple nearby guards. Hoten sent a round right into the ground between the officer's legs. A few moments later the voice of Father Fulton, booming and hard to locate, announced an offer before the Soviets could consider firing, "Halt these are the forces of the Anglican League. We demand your surrender as we are in a superior position to yours and also outnumber you. We will treat you with respect if you surrender and we will immediately release you after confiscating weaponry. I repeat surrender now or you will be eliminated with extreme prejudice."

DeletedUser

(OOC: just to clear things up, my group of BUF are stationed in the Butchers shop across the village green. and since i'm playing BUF, i'll use BOLD for my posts.)

Richard squinted across the village green, he had no idea what was going on. there appeared to be someone with a light field gun or something in one of the houses, there was no more firing coming from the church, and the Irish, Commies and Welsh were running around shooting stuff up.
Richard sighed and turned around to his remaining men.
"Let's move out and see if we can find that bloody cavalry officer that was pestering us earlier." he said. the men nodded and together the five men crept out of the shop and ran round the corner, moving down the street away from the village green.

(OOC: i should have done this when my group in the pub was overrun, so here's my casualty report)

CASUALTY REPORT:
Tom (Lee-Enfield)- MIA
Stuart (Lee-Enfield) - KIA
Oscar (Lewis Gun) - MIA
Howard (Lee-Enfield) - KIA
John (3x Molotov Cocktails, Webley Revolver)
Alan (Lee-Enfield) - KIA
Michael (Shotgun)
Simon (Lee-Enfield)
Herbert (Lee-Enfield)

DeletedUser31931

(OOC: Slight problem here folks IF YOU READ THE EARLIER POSTS BY ME YOU WOULD REALISE THAT BY NOW THE TOWN HAS BEEN OVERRUN BY WELSH FREEDOM FIGHTERS SO I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU LOT ARE STILL RUNNING ROUND FREELY! Care to solve this problem?)

DeletedUser24989

(OCC: I am going to use brown color, the color of my horses!)
While the cavalry men were firing, and some of them were hiding in the buildings, Jack was scouting around the city with Joseph and Thomas. " Waite a minute..aint that the guy I met the other day?" Jack whispered to him self," Ahh...what was his name? ah well I'll just call him sir" then jack headed for the BUF soldiers. "hey sir, you like what I did? I bombed that bloody church!" Jack yelled in enjoyment. "What's happening out their sir? I just came here and bombed the church, I don't know whats out there. I was thinking of staying here in case enemy troops flee and come this way, we could capture them or kill them"

DeletedUser

Richard sighed. it was that bloody cavalry officer again. time to settle the score.
"what do you mean by 'Enemy Troops'? do you mean the Commies? the Irish? the Welsh? the group that was in the church?" Richard said, somewhat annoyed.

DeletedUser24989

" You see sir, I have sent three scouts here couple of days ago. They reported back to me saying that the church had snipers in it and that they were sniping our allies so, I suggested they were the Anglicans because who would hide in a church besides them? After that, I took a 100 men with me and an artillery, then bombed the church. Now my men are camping in the buildings in the city with the artillery. I see you are short on men, I can join up with you and help you. unless you want to go back to HQ, and if ya do, I can give ya horses to ride back." Jack waiting for an answer. :eek:fficer:

DeletedUser

" You see sir, I have sent three scouts here couple of days ago. They reported back to me saying that the church had snipers in it and that they were sniping our allies so

(OOC: eh? we're talking about a skirmish in a village lasting minutes, maybe an hour, not three days! what are you on about?)

Richard sighed. this cavalry officer still hadn't got the point.
"Are you suggesting retreat? you bloody traitor! we must take this village! if we control it then we will be able to control one of the main northern entrances to London! thus allowing the BUF forces in the south to push through the suburbs and push onto the centre of the city! we must not fail!"

DeletedUser24989

Jack was surprised by what the soldier said " sir, If I wanted to retreat,sir, I would have left this miserable place a long time ago." then he changed the subject" What are you up to now? ahh well..I am going back to the city where my men are. if ya want me come say hello!" took a deep breath " By the way, I am going to camp in the village with my men for a while." then he rode off.

Status
Not open for further replies.