What is the One True Religion?

What is the One True Religion?

• Church of the Onion!

Votes: 38 63.3%
  • Church of the Onion?

Votes: 22 36.7%

• Total voters

DeletedUser13682

I do not believe in fairy tales. Noone has heard a bush or a serpant talking to them in the modern age, unless if they are crazy. But God does. An onion does not.

DeletedUser

have you heard either a bush or a serpent? I restate my case, If you choose to believe fairy tales don't mock others for doing the same

I had a bush talk to me once. But then I sobered up and took my meds. All was right in the world again. I told Onion all about it and he comforted me.

DeletedUser

once again Johan if you want to believe in an invisible man in the sky be my guest but do not mock others for differing in their beliefs. Their fairy tale is no less valid than yours

DeletedUser

by insulting a fairy tale that differs from yours. (In a joke forum none the less)

DeletedUser13682

Qft

Johan you can give it, But as soon as somebody turns the table you get all defensive.

What would you expect someone to do? That is what David is doing as well, only in a more offensice manner.

DeletedUser

No what I am doing is putting both "beliefs" on equal footing. You are just getting offended because I am doing it.

DeletedUser13682

To me, it sounds like you are trying to bring a religion down, just so you feel better about worshipping an onion.

DeletedUser

1) This is a humorous thread
2) I could give two figs about what religion you have. all religions are fairy tales (often the same one retold with slightly different characters.)
3) Note your use of "To me, it sounds". You are jumping to conclusions about my intent and getting offended by an assumed attack that isn't there. (see point 1)
4) I don't worship an Onion and if I did I find it no less absurd than worshiping an invisible man in the sky. (or an elephant faced god with many arms for that matter) see point 2

DeletedUser13682

So you are an atheist then? I'm ok with atheists, even if some of them get annoying. But to me, the idea of worshipping an onion is even more stupid than worshipping many gods, or killing for your religion. I know that Chirstianity, more specificially Catholicism (the crusades) and Britian (a bunch of wars, the last one ended in Britian becoming protestant) has not been exactly nonviolent since their incarnation, but I am against killing others for your religion.

DeletedUser

Again you missed my point. Pretending you know the true nature of "God" is arrogance. You believe that the set of fairy tales stolen from the Sumerians and Babylonians and Egyptians by a bunch of Semitic herdspeople retold Orally for centuries until they were put in writing and then added to by a bunch of ex-jewish mystics centuries after the events that are being described (these events also parallel other myth systems).

These people choose to see the face of god in an Onion why is that any more absurd.

one fairy tale is as good as another

DeletedUser

I don’t think he understands that some people are mentally strong enough in order to NOT NEED religion or its fairy tales… and that some people grew up to think by themselves instead of believing in the fairy tales that were told to them as children.

At least, Santa Claus is real. Not all is lost. ;)

Praise the Onion.

DeletedUser13682

So believing in an onion that is all powerful is not believing in a fairy tale and thinking for yourself?

But Santa is real.

DeletedUser

All I know is that every Sunday the Onion doesn't ask me for 10% of my earnings. So yeah, I'm good with the Onion.