West 2.0 discussion

DeletedUser

Agreed Victor, it also takes ages to load 2.0 on my computer, so that's more time taken out of my day. Or rather, not now that I've put both my chars on Vacation mode, call me if the devs regain their sanity.

DeletedUser

Agreed Victor, it also takes ages to load 2.0 on my computer, so that's more time taken out of my day. Or rather, not now that I've put both my chars on Vacation mode, call me if the devs regain their sanity.

Same here, in vacation mode, I'll come to the forums occasionally to check whether the devs have regained their sanity but thats about it for me.

DeletedUser

Granite mining is a 5 min job and granite is a 45% drop. Picking tomatoes is a 90 second job and tomatoes are a 42% drop. Granite used to be a 22% drop and tomatoes 33%

Then: 1 tomato = ~45 mins
Now: 4 tomatoes & 4 granite = ~59 mins

I don't think I'd call that extreme.

Elmyr, the calcs don't take into account the sleep time required to recuperate the spent energy. One tomato before used up an average of 18 energy points. 4 tomatoes and 4 granite now use up around 50 energy. Adding in the sleep time at 100 energy per 8 hours, the total time to make tomato puree has gone from just over 2 hours to 5 hours.

DeletedUser

For me, it's not the map or job times or quests...
The most important thing they managed to screw up is fast game response or smooth playability or overal performance.

Quickly canceling and starting jobs is no longer possible cause of that wait time to contact server.
Fort fights are lagging badly, so does chat sometime.
Even energy and health bars are often not updated, which requires refresh which requires a bit longer wait time because of that ugly loading bar.
Oh yes, chats get erased after refresh!

Map scrolls slowly though i love keyboard shortcuts.

On the other hand, inventory loads much faster now, even for the first time.

For mobile devices, from my experience, game is no longer playable on iPhone. However on iPad it runs much better then v1.36 did.

And the trick with rebuilding forts and product requirements are much higher now: very vey boring. I honestly can't see myself contributing to build more the one closest big fort.

DeletedUser

Elmyr, the calcs don't take into account the sleep time required to recuperate the spent energy. One tomato before used up an average of 18 energy points. 4 tomatoes and 4 granite now use up around 50 energy. Adding in the sleep time at 100 energy per 8 hours, the total time to make tomato puree has gone from just over 2 hours to 5 hours.

Yeah, that's a valid point. Baked beans was inefficient to begin with since it took more energy to make than it gave you.

Edit: And I did frequently use the first and second parts of the three step recipes to fill out my crafting daily tasks when needed, and it does suck that the option is basically gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34299

Anybody knows if there is a plan to change the recipe for baked beans to a more normal one?
I am a ranged dueler and i have no point in strength, it is very hard for me to get granite blocks.

Thanks.

DeletedUser21816

Did any one get a reward for owning forts on the pre 2.0 era? They said they'd give something in return... we never got anything

DeletedUser23629

I'm pretty sure fort battles are basically killed for the next 6 months.
The forts won't be built for years for starters, giving the attackers a massive advantage. Fort chat is ridiculously horrible, and the battles themselves lag so bad at times that it's nearly pointless to be online. The starting position bug is worse now than ever.

I know a number of the population that play do not care about fort battles, but I also know there is a large population that only play because of battles. I also know that ranting in here does absolutely nothing anyhow, but figured why not :D.

DeletedUser

Did any one get a reward for owning forts on the pre 2.0 era? They said they'd give something in return... we never got anything

For what i saw, you would only get the reward if you started the construction of a fort... when people migrated to other worlds, they lost those things.

I got that one in 1 world... the other ones i pla, i had migrate to other worlds and didn´t got the reward, even if my town had 5 forts and conquered 2 some days before the achievement been given.

HelenBack

So for all those years of founding forts, gathering materials for forts, building forts, defending forts, stealing forts... You get an achievement and title.

Hero of the old world-31 Oct 12
You are a veteran of the old world.
Rewarded Title: Heroine of the old world HelenBack

Or is there something else that I missed?
:hmf:

DeletedUser25847

I got like 45 bonds out of nowhere, don't know if that was it or not. Still waiting for the Enhanced Premium on World 1 also.

DeletedUser

I initially started at hating this update. But as some days have passed I must admit, I love it now. Okay the chat is really problematic and irritable and yes the game interface is a bit slow, oh and also those 1 - 10 min jobs are very tedious (i find them manageable though). Apart from those however, the good things outweigh the bad ones by far :). This game needed a facelift, it was becoming too monotonous. None of my town mates hate it except 2 of them but even they have not decided to quit but get used to it. I believe the true lovers of the game would appreciate the effort the devs had to put in for this update and not criticise it so strongly :).

DeletedUser30899

2.0 is getting worse and worse. The longer it has gone on, the more bugs appear. Chats crash at random times, fort fights never end, etc, etc. This update is absolute garbage and the people who decided to release it now should be fired for being idiots.

And I forgot to mention that the drop rates for many jobs really sucks. I have spent 3 days doing nothing but Building Palisades, Sawing Wood, and Building a bridge to get a grand total of ZERO saws and sledge hammers. I did manage to get 1 sickle in all that time. How the h am I supposed to craft anything if nothing will drop?

DeletedUser

my biggest concern with tw.2 besides the chat is the amount of time it now takes to play 1 world.

it makes playing multiple worlds a menace, with as result that all worlds will lose active players, making all worlds more dead

WanderingStranger

I would like to remind everyone that after the update before 2.0 (1.36 I think) that "Fort Fights Are Ruined" was a popular theme, along with everything else that changed.

Now everyone is complaining again. Give it time and in several months with the next big update we can talk about how everything is ruined again.

That being said... I hate the chat and fights are too laggy now too.

However I am not really against the jobs and the time it takes. People complain about the time it takes for certain things while ignoring how many things are easier to get.

They will not change it back. Better to work on getting them to fix what is wrong.

DeletedUser

There is some truth to Inno's "two playing styles" argument though. There were times when I wasn't busy with anything and I'd be checking reports as soon as jobs finished. Now I can actually DO something when I have time instead of just reading reports.

DeletedUser

I have to agree with Montana on the drop rates!! Absolutely ridiculous and very frustrating I can understand why people are leaving. After all you do the tasks for the reward so INNO how about giving us some! Maybe then we will buy a few or your overpriced items! FAT CHANCE!!!!

DeletedUser

When is w1 going enhanced premium anyway? I'm dueling Death with $95k on me because I can't use nuggets to bank it. :p

DeletedUser

I think the graphics for towns are a bit off ... on another account im a homeless adventurer - the visible difference between fully completed towns and 500 point new towns (without hotels) is not good.

edit... i could bark on about this update like many of my peers ... however its not going to change and i think every annoyance has been written about - so i dont need to reiterate them, although i agree with most. But i don't like the 'deleting all accounts now forever' drama posts - don't delete, stay and argue and argue some more, tell them what you want, tell them what you don't like - im sure this is more proactive.