West 2.0 discussion

DeletedUser

Huh?

:blink: Well, I have tried to figure out where am i at and how I can move, but as far as choosing a task, and earning something from the task, I am woefully inept...to say nothing of changing my clothes. My inventory is clear in the (well way out in that dark boarded area). :unsure: It does not help to try dragging it closer to where I am.

And where are my daily tasks, have they gone by the wayside?

I don't have time to try to figure this out. :(

I salute those of you who already seem to have a handle on it, but i am stuck on the edge of the game. Kick me please! :huh:

DeletedUser13727

IS anything here just ignored?

I just need to ask a question. (I am deleting all other characters beside one, in Colo too) All those people in here???

Is Inno listening? why won´t you answer people, sorry folks, but to me that is extreme ignorance...

My mind say: Maybe devs are shocked, they thought they saved The West.. the game people played for years...
And now you realized it got damaged??

I need to hear a word from Inno.. I need to belive they listen and maybe even act?? This is just too much, when people write to support, they get an answer saying : This is something to write in forum... But why? there is no answer there?!?!?

Will Inno keep their arms crossed and pretent everything is good? Or will they listen to consumers?
Once Audi salesmen did think, our cars is so good, so they sell themself.. But they figured.. We were wrong and they did stand up for what they belive.. Will you please do that? If it is to hard, just make a surwey and ask:

How fond are you of Chat? (from 1 to 10)
etc etc

And in the end ask: any idea of something that you would thing would make this V 2.0 better?

Or will you let game die, cus someone rest on their Laurels??

Please stand up and show that you are here for us and not that we are here for you (well it goes both ways normally, but if no one played, you might not earn money right):hmf:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I just need to ask a question. (I am deleting all other characters beside one, in Colo too) All those people in here???

Is Inno listening? why won´t you answer people, sorry folks, but to me that is extreme ignorance...

My mind say: Maybe devs are shocked, they thought they saved The West.. the game people played for years...
And now you realized it got damaged??

I need to hear a word from Inno.. I need to belive they listen and maybe even act?? This is just too much, when people write to support, they get an answer saying : This is something to write in forum... But why? there is no answer there?!?!?

Will Inno keep their arms crossed and pretent everything is good? Or will they listen to consumers?
Once Audi salesmen did think, our cars is so good, so they sell themself.. But they figured.. We were wrong and they did stand up for what they belive.. Will you please do that? If it is to hard, just make a surwey and ask:

How fond are you of Chat? (from 1 to 10)
etc etc

And in the end ask: any idea of something that you would thing would make this V 2.0 better?

Or will you let game die, cus someone rest on their Laurels??

Please stand up and show that you are here for us and not that we are here for you (well it goes both ways normally, but if no one played, you might not earn money right):hmf:

Stop sweettalking those suckers Gladejuul........this update is far far beyond insanely poor......nothing but a roll back to the old whatever version we had will suffice for me........ I've had enough of all inno's crappy new ideas, that are almost always a setback as far as game play, but a better possibility for inno to collect money......they ed up everything now in the name of profit....but they'll end up with nothing

DeletedUser

Here's an idea. . . . Give back the ability to choose our own job times.

In this thread alone I've read over 20 pages of complaints about this, let alone those that don't use these forums (like myself until now) that are complaining in game about it.

People are deleting accounts because of this, I've just put myself into vacation mode on all worlds I play because of this whilst I decide if I'm going to delete too and this is only after a couple of days of the update.

Unless you are free to sit at your computer 24/7 this game is not playable or fun any more.

Whoever thought it would be a good idea to change this should be fired, it's hated by the majority and should be put right ASAP, if not it may signal the end for most on this game.

WanderingStranger

FFs are totally ruined

recruitment screen is working extremely slow and buggy, in chat half the ranks don't show

even worse people don't get beeped anymore half of em miss orders due to chat size, and to be worse in past you could arrange swaps in whisper, now only way to do em is in chat, but that leads to orders being spammed away

so actually leading and properly doing an FF is near impossible, not to mention all the bugs in the recruitmentscreen and the terrible lags

This pretty much sums up all the problems and thoughts I had too.

After leading many, many fights I am not really sure I can lead one anywhere near as effectively now. In a fight at a small with neither side filled I was so laggy I could barely keep up playing and I wasnt actually leading that one.

WanderingStranger

doesnt stop lag in the game when you need to know who is where. I have dozens of chatango rooms in my bookmarks still if anyone needs one though :D

DeletedUser

Did inno not do some basic user testing even before sending things to beta? some of the things that seem blatantly obvious to me (fort shot/round display, no more county chat etc), should have been addressed very early on.

I still like a lot of the features of 2.0, but some things are a huge step backwards in usability, display, and game functionality and should not have made it past some very basic initial user testing.

DeletedUser22685

Don't expect Inno to start listening now, player numbers have risen by 4k on .net alone since 2.0 rolled out and as far as they're concerned they're doing better than they have in a long time since I don't remember the last time that number actually went up instead of down.

A very small proportion of players actually come onto the forum, they believe the player numbers are a better indication of the success of the update than the opinions of the minority of players who express their opinions on the forum.

DeletedUser16008

Far as i can tell there are roughly 5.5k players on dakota atm and rank 3000 are still no higher than lvl 3 you can do that without knowing anything in the first 30 mins.

That suggests to me its hardly popular for a new world. After a week of any other world opening what were the figures ? ill bet it was a heck of a lot more.

Its not about 4k newbies but those that stay on. If you consider 25% dont seem to be and the other thousands of regulars make up a lot of the other new players there im not so sure its a success story just yet ;) time will tell.

DeletedUser22685

I wasn't suggesting it's a success story, I'm saying the player numbers are what the devs are looking at rather than those of us that are actually active on the forum.

I'm not in favour of 2.0, I like it for the most part but those parts of it that I do not like (after playing it for a while I've narrowed that down to fort products and chat) outweigh the positives. Also, I can see it would be a pain playing without premium.

DeletedUser33002

I wasn't suggesting it's a success story, I'm saying the player numbers are what the devs are looking at rather than those of us that are actually active on the forum.

It's always surprised me, knowing that this is how things are looked at, that there seem to be no in game announcements for anything :D or .. well .. there was this weird one when some update came out a couple days ago .. not that it made a lot of sense .. :p

DeletedUser

To be perfectly honest, the game play for me hasn't changed much because I have already completed all the quests. My duel motivation went up to 100% which was very annoying as my NPC duel difficulty was not reset and was still at around level 40, making it very difficult to reduce effectively.

Jobs, if I need products for crafting, I get them when I am online and set 9 jobs to do while I am doing other things. If I am offline, I set longer jobs and sleep. No real big problem.

The only real problem I have (that I am not really participating in right now) are the forts. I know from playing this game for quite a while now that fort fighting is one of the biggest aspects of the game. I am currently trying to build a fort, and, seriously, the number of products to build the barracks and then build each level of other structures (10 wood, 1 iron and 3 barbed wire per hour) is ridiculous.

In my opinion (which I think is shared by many) is that the fort construction needs to be changed as that is a major aspect of the game, and a lot of people fort fighting, if not most, are premium players.

If Inno can't get the forts right, yes, they may benefit from 4k new players to the game, but, these are not premium using players and will play and leave, not spend and stay.

All in all, with a few changes that the whole community seems to be asking for, I think this could be a very good and successful update to TW for Inno, but, they must listen to the customers as more people will leave. (Based on 3 people in my town on Arizona - 6% - have quit since 2.0 rolled in)

The saying penny rich, pound poor comes to mind with this update, they should look to retain loyal customers and encourage more to come...

HelenBack

Did inno not do some basic user testing even before sending things to beta? some of the things that seem blatantly obvious to me (fort shot/round display, no more county chat etc), should have been addressed very early on.

I still like a lot of the features of 2.0, but some things are a huge step backwards in usability, display, and game functionality and should not have made it past some very basic initial user testing.

Yup... v2 was in Beta for a while... and there was a lot of negative feedback there which have been echoed here after it got pushed to the .net worlds. We were told that the job times were staying so "Get used to it". There was some possibility that the Chat would be changed as far as being open by default and maybe the colour scheme (dark text on light background instead of the light text on black background)... but nothing official. The materials needed for forts/crafting seems to have been ignored (at least I don't remember any mention that they'll reconsider it). Here's the link to the Beta forum so you can read the feedback that is still there. Some posts were deleted.
:hmf:

DeletedUser

There was some possibility that the Chat would be changed as far as being open by default and maybe the colour scheme (dark text on light background instead of the light text on black background)... but nothing official.

If you want to change the background color and/or transparency of the chat window, you can do it in Options -> Settings -> Interface

You need to enter the color as a 6 digit Hexadecimal code, so here's a code generator:
http://www.color-hex.com/
(top right text box to make a color pallet appear)

If you screw up and make it some weird/ugly color, here's the default one:
1D1C1C

Thanks goes to Ronelanger for this info.

DeletedUser34464

If you want to change the background color and/or transparency of the chat window, you can do it in Options -> Settings -> Interface

You need to enter the color as a 6 digit Hexadecimal code, so here's a code generator:
http://www.color-hex.com/
(top right text box to make a color pallet appear)

If you screw up and make it some weird/ugly color, here's the default one:
1D1C1C

Thanks goes to Ronelanger for this info.

Wow. That is super-user friendly

They do know colors have names, right?

DeletedUser34464

Don't expect Inno to start listening now, player numbers have risen by 4k on .net alone since 2.0 rolled out and as far as they're concerned they're doing better than they have in a long time since I don't remember the last time that number actually went up instead of down.

A very small proportion of players actually come onto the forum, they believe the player numbers are a better indication of the success of the update than the opinions of the minority of players who express their opinions on the forum.

My first question if I were shown numbers like that would be "Nice-But what are your 1 month, 6 month, 1 year retention rates" Getting people in the door is relatively easy, keeping them is the tricky, and profitable, part.

DeletedUser

It's quite obvious that at least 50% of the players on Dakota are not serious long term players, only 2510 (out of 5037) are above level 6, that takes about an hour tops to reach.
My guess is that an awful lot of those players just joined up to see what v2 was like as Dakota was available before other worlds were updated.
So 2000 and something serious long term players on a new world is pretty pathetic.