West 2.0 discussion

DeletedUser25606

It's 2.0 , there making a facebook game, why care about your exsisting player base when the games engineered for a whole new one, complain all you like , no one cares
beta they canned 2.0, it still went ahead , and here you can bag it as much as you like here too , we're not the customers there concerned with. play it or quit ,2.o's not going anywhere

DeletedUser

West 2.0

Is this really the plan for the mapping in the new version? Everything is horribly out of proportion and the general animation for game play is sloppy at best. It's strange that everything else remained the same (quests, dueling, saloon, avatars, towns, markets, etc.) only the mapping and animation somehow got worse. Then again, the game is free so who cares I guess.

DeletedUser

Is this really the plan for the mapping in the new version? Everything is horribly out of proportion and the general animation for game play is sloppy at best. It's strange that everything else remained the same (quests, dueling, saloon, avatars, towns, markets, etc.) only the mapping and animation somehow got worse. Then again, the game is free so who cares I guess.
Spot on. V2.0 is mostly eye-candy with some annoying changes designed to tap into the FB market, I suppose. Serious players (ie anyone who might read this) are not Inno's concern - we are here to make up the numbers and bug-test. They have their marketing target and we are not really it, which is why I would never waste money on a game.

DeletedUser

Everything is horribly out of proportion and the general animation for game play is sloppy at best.

Haven't been playing very long, but I have to agree with this, and not just sloppy but buggy too. Just logged in, started to queue jobs...suddenly I've lost 300 health points, even though h's still sleepin! Cancel and refresh and they are back. Try again, same thing. Wake him, it is fine, they are back, he sets off to the job, suddenly he has no horse, animation has him walking. Half-way there his horse reappears under him. It's unplayable like this, when you can't tell what is real and what is just bugged. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

One change that just makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to me is being unable to copy and paste most things. I really don't see the point of having to use Firebug just to copy and paste some text. A userscript to disable whatever is blocking highlighting text to copy would be nice.

? i can copy text from telegrams and reports. The chat can be annoying... but it can be copied too.
The only thing i can´t copy like the 1.36 is the name of the towns(on the town window) or the name of the player (on the profile).

Im using Opera. Could that be some problem with the new strange things that firefox 16 got?

The chat change for a much worst situation... the other one worked great.

DeletedUser

Positive Feedback

Nice new map, very good graphics, well made details.
Positioning of icons.
Reduced map size, lesser time to travel between quest givers.
Repeatable quests of ghost town and waupee's village easier with the distance reduced.
Job groups.
Open repeatables from saloon, a nice addition.
Friend online / offline notifications easier.

+ A hell lot more things

Negative Feedback

The chatbox - terrible, restricts map view and very irritable. Also no level or class show of players online unless moused over.
Jobtimes - S U C K S. No more words for this.
Fort Fights still buggy, some quests still buggy and energy and experience bars too.

Needless to say, if Inno would have done something to the chatbox (maybe shift it below the series of icons at the bottom) and the job times (starting from 30 mins and ending at 2 hours), this update could have been a successful one, a very, very successful one. Thats all I had to say.

DeletedUser34976

I'm at Break a Leg on the quest The Decision but can't seem to get Waupees quest Sabotage up. (have not finished brake a leg)

DeletedUser21816

8148012448_80df025058_m.jpg

A horse shooting a rainbow out his ... "Now I've seen everything."

i dont like the whispering thing that there's no beep sound any more. Make it a pop up window and beep would be nice.
Now you have to tap on the tabs to see conversions in other "rooms", don't like that either.
For jobs clearing forrest you got like 2 to 4wood every hour, now it's 1 every 30minutes the odds are really not in favor. Especially for fort building.
The rest looks ok so far. Not a dueler myself, so won't say anything about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

? i can copy text from telegrams and reports. The chat can be annoying... but it can be copied too.
The only thing i can´t copy like the 1.36 is the name of the towns(on the town window) or the name of the player (on the profile).

You can't copy hits in fort battles. A huge part of the social aspect of fort battles is posting hits in town chat or crits and KOs in fort chat.

You can't copy player and town names from profiles or telegrams. A lot of people and towns have odd characters or characters that aren't what they appear, like a lowercase L vs. an uppercase I. Unicode characters in names make it difficult to search for them, like if you want to search for a player to send him a telegram, or just copy the text of a telegram which everybody I know always copies the name too. If you want to invite a town to an alliance and or forums you have to type the name, which again, is problematic with non-alphanumeric characters.

If this wasn't a problem I wouldn't have posted that it was.

DeletedUser

WTF ABOUT barracks needed products ?~~!
barrack level2 need 200 roll of cloth ( very hard to find ) 150 hammer ( very hard to find ) 200 cotton ( easy to find )
come on inno , we can not spend 1-2 week just try to build one big fort barracks :D

DeletedUser30899

Every time I log onto the West now gets me closer to quitting. I dislike 2.0 more and more. Guess it's now time to find a new hobby to throw my few spare dollars at.

DeletedUser

So many haters!

I don't mind most things about this update. An announced, definite upgrade time REALLY would have been appreciated instead of just getting logged out yesterday morning unexpectedly and logging back into 2.0.

Don't like the fact that the new forum posts are no longer highlighted - the bolded guns just aren't visual enough for my eyes.

Most other things I will get used to and probably find I like better. The fixed job times are OK - I can do a bunch of short ones while online to gather crafting stuff, then set longer ones when I go to log off.

DeletedUser

You can't copy hits in fort battles. A huge part of the social aspect of fort battles is posting hits in town chat or crits and KOs in fort chat.

well at least there is no more hit/miss spamming in chat. that's a great thing! :D

DeletedUser

West 2.0 ...the worst thing since the black plague...I'll most likely quit playing on all worlds after having played for 4-5 years....

Job times is totally idiotic
Crafting is becoming impossible, with the lesser chance of finding the products you need..
Quests is a total mess
....Fail

DeletedUser

FFs are totally ruined

recruitment screen is working extremely slow and buggy, in chat half the ranks don't show

even worse people don't get beeped anymore half of em miss orders due to chat size, and to be worse in past you could arrange swaps in whisper, now only way to do em is in chat, but that leads to orders being spammed away

so actually leading and properly doing an FF is near impossible, not to mention all the bugs in the recruitmentscreen and the terrible lags

DeletedUser

Welp, deleted most of my characters. I'm keeping my w8 character (my first) around for nostalgia's sake, but not really feeling the urge to actually log in and play. When w8 gets deleted, my remaining character will go with it.

DeletedUser

FFs are totally ruined

recruitment screen is working extremely slow and buggy, in chat half the ranks don't show

even worse people don't get beeped anymore half of em miss orders due to chat size, and to be worse in past you could arrange swaps in whisper, now only way to do em is in chat, but that leads to orders being spammed away

so actually leading and properly doing an FF is near impossible, not to mention all the bugs in the recruitmentscreen and the terrible lags

Haven't tried the recruitment screen. the chat isn't too bad as you can resize the chat window to show a lot of text lines. the lack of beeping is annoying.

The rows of rows of plain text (that you cant' copy) in the actual fort window definitely needs to be addressed - Its hard to even keep track of how many times you get shot at in a round